Author Topic: Serious Training Thread  (Read 181190 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
Re: Serious Training Thread
« Reply #1900 on: February 21, 2023, 03:27:42 PM »
I squatted today.

Haven’t had a bhanks squat update recently, are there things?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #1901 on: February 21, 2023, 03:31:54 PM »
I squatted today.

Haven’t had a bhanks squat update recently, are there things?
These days fuckstick only does "powerlifting style cheat curls" pushing against the wall with his back and standing at a 45 degree angle and doing 1/4 reps.

A real powerlift like the squat folded him like a cheap lawn chair so he quit like the kunt he truly is.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #1902 on: February 21, 2023, 03:33:24 PM »
These days fuckstick only does "powerlifting style cheat curls" pushing against the wall with his back and standing at a 45 degree angle and doing 1/4 reps.

A real powerlift like the squat folded him like a cheap lawn chair so he quit like the kunt he truly is.

Fuck, I read that and thought I wrote it

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #1903 on: February 21, 2023, 03:33:31 PM »
You know a powerful physique when you see it from the back. Lats, Traps, erectors, thickness, etc...
Most are into the mirror muscles, like we all were once as a kid.
Once that focus is dropped (by most people probably in their mid 20's) the real strength will tehn come.
Squats, Bench, Rows, DL's, OHP. The big-5 for strength & power...

Posing your guns and most muscular is fine (mirror muscles), just doesnt mean much when it comes to strength & power...

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #1904 on: February 21, 2023, 03:34:20 PM »

It does have a very WS vibe to it, quality imitation by wes.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #1905 on: February 21, 2023, 03:42:43 PM »
You know a powerful physique when you see it from the back. Lats, Traps, erectors, thickness, etc...
Most are into the mirror muscles, like we all were once as a kid.
Once that focus is dropped (by most people probably in their mid 20's) the real strength will tehn come.
Squats, Bench, Rows, DL's, OHP. The big-5 for strength & power...

Posing your guns and most muscular is fine (mirror muscles), just doesnt mean much when it comes to strength & power...

Going in to do some seated military barbell press fresh today what would you consider strong in that Rat?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1906 on: February 21, 2023, 03:46:00 PM »
:D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1907 on: February 21, 2023, 03:48:31 PM »
Going in to do some seated military barbell press fresh today what would you consider strong in that Rat?
Stupid Question Of Peace

Use a fucking weight that makes you work hard in textbook form for the rep goal you`re shooting for.

Did you just start training last week?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1908 on: February 21, 2023, 04:14:36 PM »
A 225# guy that's been juicing for years should be doing 225 for reps. I'll cut you some slack and ask for the video of you doing reps with 155 standing. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #1909 on: February 21, 2023, 05:14:31 PM »
A 225# guy that's been juicing for years should be doing 225 for reps. I'll cut you some slack and ask for the video of you doing reps with 155 standing. :D

He has said previously that this is too easy to bother with taking a video, similar to my request for a 315 deadlift.

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1910 on: February 21, 2023, 05:21:43 PM »
Lighter push session of week tonite, trying to keep heavy free weight work to Saturday and Sunday when not fatigued from work and go to gym through week all body parts hit 2x weekly

Hammer strength shoulder press - 1x8, 1x12

Weighted dip - have never been able to do dips always felt like shoulders were going to explode on bottom position then as daft as it sounds read a tip by Dante saying inhale slowly all way down taking in as much air as can and holy fuck it worked zero shoulder pain. Only used 5kg/11bs after warm ups and got ten reps body weight 226 currently but only 3rd time doing dips so plenty room for progress

Hammer strength incline - 1x8, 1x10
Smith machine jm press - 1x9, 1x14
Machine lateral raise - 1x15, 1x20
Machine fly - 1x9

Felt good enjoyed session
that’s great!Dips are like chins if you get strong there you will be strong all over

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1911 on: February 21, 2023, 05:24:13 PM »

range of motion is key here on a barbell press when talking poundage.... how far down do you go? eyeballs, nose, chin, upper chest?

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #1912 on: February 21, 2023, 05:41:22 PM »
that’s great!Dips are like chins if you get strong there you will be strong all over

Yessir. Dips and chins I think build the upper body like nothing else. If choosing only two upper body moves to do ever again it would be those two.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1913 on: February 21, 2023, 11:49:34 PM »

By the look of your delts, you seem like you could be strong in that exercise.
IMO 185 for some reps is strong. But others here might have a better grasp on that (what is strong what is not).

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1914 on: February 22, 2023, 03:34:46 AM »
He has said previously that this is too easy to bother with taking a video, similar to my request for a 315 deadlift.

Correct 155 is still nothing I see at least you guys are asking for reps now instead of a single

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1915 on: February 22, 2023, 03:40:10 AM »
range of motion is key here on a barbell press when talking poundage.... how far down do you go? eyeballs, nose, chin, upper chest?

I was doing them behind the neck which kind of limited my range of motion so probably about chin level. The issue is the rack is too far from the shoulder I don’t really like the lift off and rerack doesn’t feel stable for heavyweight may try them in the squat rack standing next week. May also try to the front like I did lat time

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1916 on: February 22, 2023, 03:48:04 AM »
I managed 15 on the first working set after 2 warmup sets filmed from behind then did one from the front for 12 then this was the final for 10 or 11 maybe hard to film from front as wall is 3 feet in front but this is 155lbs so yeah 155lbs for a rep is not a challenge

Notice how far in front the rack is I didn’t like that it’s too far the lift off sit back feels unstable on the shoulder I can press heavier but I really don’t like the lift off sit back

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1917 on: February 22, 2023, 03:51:40 AM »
155lbs for a rep is not a challenge
.....and it shouldn`t be for anyone worth his salt in this game......I used to do it seated for reps weighing about 150 pounds.....no problem,and I`ve gotten a lot stronger since those days.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1918 on: February 22, 2023, 03:54:24 AM »
I managed 15 on the first working set after 2 warmup sets filmed from behind then did one from the front for 12 then this was the final for 10 or 11 maybe hard to film from front as wall is 3 feet in front but this is 155lbs so yeah 155lbs for a rep is not a challenge

Notice how far in front the rack is I didn’t like that it’s too far

No lockout which means no full range of motion, which means no credit given.  :D

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1919 on: February 22, 2023, 03:56:27 AM »
No lockout which means no full range of motion, which means no credit given.  :D

lol ok Hater locking out takes the tension off the muscle and puts it on the elbow why would you want to do that? 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1920 on: February 22, 2023, 03:59:51 AM »
lol ok Hater locking out takes the tension off the muscle and puts it on the elbow why would you want to do that? 
Hey an almost intelligent training post from you.....will wonders never cease.

I posted it because I can`t fucking stand you.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1921 on: February 22, 2023, 04:03:45 AM »
....and with your laundry list of injuries you shouldn`t even be doing behind the neck exercises as you are definitely gonna` impinge your shoulder joints.

When did you start these,yesterday,when you upped your GH and Tren......bio-identical of course.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1922 on: February 22, 2023, 05:13:21 AM »

Notice how far in front the rack is I didn’t like that it’s too far the lift off sit back feels unstable on the shoulder I can press heavier but I really don’t like the lift off sit back

Strong pressing Brian!

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1923 on: February 22, 2023, 05:22:06 AM »
Bench / Tri's

Bench (Slingshot) <-- Will take a break from these for a couple weeks after last weeks injury "re-tweak".
- 2 x warmups
- 4 x sets up to 245

Smith Machine
- Close Grips - 4 sets
- Inclines - 4 sets
- JM Press - 4 sets

Tri
EZ-Bar Skull Crushers - 4 sets
Cable Tricep Press / Assisted Dips (superset) - 4 sets

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #1924 on: February 22, 2023, 05:28:58 AM »
I was doing them behind the neck which kind of limited my range of motion so probably about chin level. The issue is the rack is too far from the shoulder I don’t really like the lift off and rerack doesn’t feel stable for heavyweight may try them in the squat rack standing next week. May also try to the front like I did lat time

For someone with shit shoulders and even worse mobility....BTN pressing is another recipe for injury.  But hey, you can always add that to the list of excuses why you couldn't compete ; so kudos to you.