Author Topic: Serious Training Thread  (Read 180875 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Serious Training Thread
« Reply #900 on: January 08, 2023, 07:35:44 AM »
Why so heavy?

My star course was about 32-33 - 20lb weight, 4lb ruck, and 8lbs of water and some small shit.

You have to carry extra stuff?

I had the 30 plate plus a lot of layers , water etc. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #901 on: January 08, 2023, 07:40:15 AM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #902 on: January 08, 2023, 07:55:11 AM »
Friday: Chest

Incline hammer strength press: 4 sets
Incline cable presses: 4 sets
Flat cable flyes: 4 sets
Dips: 4 sets
Cable crossovers: 4 sets

Saturday: Back

Wide grip lat pulldowns: 5 sets
Medium Grip low puley rows: 4 sets
Hammer strength t-bar rows: 4 sets
High rows, underhand: 4 sets
Stiff arm lat pulldowns: 4 sets
Hyperextension: 4 sets

Sunday: (today): Arms

Single arm pressdowns: 4 sets
Overhead rope extentions: 4 sets
Underhand pressdowns: 4 sets
Machine dips: 4 sets

Hammer strength rope curls: 4 sets
Cable curls: 4 sets
Machine preacher curls: 4 sets
High curls on machine: 4 sets
X

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #903 on: January 08, 2023, 07:56:18 AM »
I need to get back to doing these. I had hip surgery a couple of years ago and got away from these since then. I think I can do them now if I start off light enough.Thanks guys

No shame in starting light mate it best way on rows as it easy to lose the feel better to start light and progress slow. I currently using over 100lbs less than used to if thst makes feel any better mate and i not been injured just neglected them

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #904 on: January 08, 2023, 07:58:07 AM »

Sexy routine for sculpting a sexy body, Rory is very lucky, many a day I wish I were Rory

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #905 on: January 08, 2023, 08:26:53 AM »
Congratulations brother....all that hard work pays off in the end.  :)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #906 on: January 08, 2023, 08:27:48 AM »

DUDE.....slow down or you`ll get way too YOOGE!  :D

Good workouts buddy!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #907 on: January 08, 2023, 08:29:10 AM »
I need to get back to doing these. I had hip surgery a couple of years ago and got away from these since then. I think I can do them now if I start off light enough.Thanks guys
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" !!

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #908 on: January 08, 2023, 08:48:24 AM »
No shame in starting light mate it best way on rows as it easy to lose the feel better to start light and progress slow. I currently using over 100lbs less than used to if thst makes feel any better mate and i not been injured just neglected them
yeah you are right.Thanks buddy!

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #909 on: January 08, 2023, 08:50:27 AM »
you are absolutely right!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #910 on: January 08, 2023, 08:52:59 AM »

Ah, self inflicted pain.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #911 on: January 08, 2023, 09:01:46 AM »
Ah, self inflicted pain.

It was cold out in NYC

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #912 on: January 08, 2023, 09:02:28 AM »
Yup!

If you walk like I do, it's more of a kinda "step...drag...step...dra g" LOL!  I've seen worse at the hospital and have got a sense of humor about my little problems.  Good days and not so good where I need the crutches but there a so many folk out there that would be happy to walk like "the mummy" so I take it and make it mine.   

I did back and chest yesterday.

Smith Machine rows 5 sets of 10 reps with 50lbs.  Then 3 sets of stiff arm pulldowns using a rope and 35lbs super-setted with the same weight on the Smith Machine Rows for 10 reps pulldown and 5 reps on the rows.

Smith machine bench press 5 sets of 5 with 50lbs. and then 3 supersets of DB flys and Smith Machine bench press.  I used 15lb DBs on the flys and got 15 reps and then went to Smith Machine bench press with 30lbs and got 3 to 5 reps .

I am a W U S S Y!   ;D

IroNat's workout thread and this one are my inspiration.  I am doing what my doctors said I was allowed to do.  Today I will see if I can do a one leg Smith Machine squat.   I am going to weigh the bar as I think it is only around 10lbs but I want to know for my ego's sake!  ;D

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #913 on: January 08, 2023, 09:11:11 AM »
Yup!

If you walk like I do, it's more of a kinda "step...drag...step...dra g" LOL!  I've seen worse at the hospital and have got a sense of humor about my little problems.  Good days and not so good where I need the crutches but there a so many folk out there that would be happy to walk like "the mummy" so I take it and make it mine.   

Smith Machine rows 5 sets of 10 reps with 50lbs.  Then 3 sets of stiff arm pulldowns using a rope and 35lbs super-setted with the same weight on the Smith Machine Rows for 10 reps pulldown and 5 reps on the rows.

Smith machine bench press 5 sets of 5 with 50lbs. and then 3 supersets of DB flys and Smith Machine bench press.  I used 15lb DBs on the flys and got 15 reps and then went to Smith Machine bench press with 30lbs and got 3 to 5 reps .

I am a W U S S Y!   ;D

IroNat's workout thread and this one are my inspiration.  I am doing what my doctors said I was allowed to do.  Today I will see if I can do a one leg Smith Machine squat.   I am going to weigh the bar as I think it is only around 10lbs but I want to know for my ego's sake!  ;D
No you are not a wuss.That is awesome you are able to do this training.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #914 on: January 08, 2023, 09:13:32 AM »
Yup!

I am a W U S S Y!   ;D

Thats great man, just do what you can, and not too much. Its for the mind as well as the body...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #915 on: January 08, 2023, 09:16:57 AM »
Sexy routine for sculpting a sexy body, Rory is very lucky, many a day I wish I were Rory

Henda, I might leave Rory and move to England to be with you!
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #916 on: January 08, 2023, 09:17:37 AM »
DUDE.....slow down or you`ll get way too YOOGE!  :D

Good workouts buddy!

Wes, I’m already huge, but nothing close to BHANKS!
X

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #917 on: January 08, 2023, 09:17:48 AM »
No you are not a wuss.That is awesome you are able to do this training.

Thats great man, just do what you can, and not too much. Its for the mind as well as the body...

Thanks, gentlemen!

I may have said this (I am getting old! ;D ) but years ago I saw a young woman in my PT and she had neither arms nor legs.   She was pure inspiration and joy.  I know she had to sometimes cry when alone but I got the idea she was a genuine Christian and by that reasoning she was never really alone.

I get teared up think about that young lady.    Enough rambling.  Thank you again.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #918 on: January 08, 2023, 09:18:49 AM »
Yup!

I am a W U S S Y!   ;D

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Great to see you back training my brother....you are a winner....and were never a loser and never will be one.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #919 on: January 08, 2023, 09:19:03 AM »

To be "bhanky BIG" is a proper goal, sir!

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #920 on: January 08, 2023, 09:19:46 AM »
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Great to see you back training my brother....you are a winner....and were never a loser and never will be one.

Thanks, brother!    ;D

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #921 on: January 08, 2023, 09:21:57 AM »
Yup!

I am a W U S S Y!   ;D

You are absolutely not a wussy mate you have just survived what would have killed most of us and you back at it mate

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #922 on: January 08, 2023, 09:23:11 AM »
Henda, I might leave Rory and move to England to be with you!
SF, the thought of this being a remote possibility will keep me going through the back half of this dark cold north east England winter !

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #923 on: January 08, 2023, 09:27:18 AM »
SF, the thought of this being a remote possibility will keep me going through the back half of this dark cold north east England winter !

Truly, a spiritual Hejira that stirs the soul to reach for Heavenly heights that prior to now only the gods themselves (small "g") could dare try for.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #924 on: January 08, 2023, 09:29:43 AM »
Well that`s a given !  :D