Author Topic: What man can defeat him?  (Read 6810 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: What man can defeat him?
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2022, 12:52:56 PM »
Who?
[/quote

Google him

I know who he is. This isn't Romans Greco-Roman wrestling, this is MMA and even if he was still young, He'd be soundly defeated.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2022, 12:57:54 PM »
I'd bet Alexander Karelin to put jones through the concrete

Agree prime Karelin is the greatest wrestler of all time

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2022, 01:31:40 PM »
I know who he is. This isn't Romans Greco-Roman wrestling, this is MMA and even if he was still young, He'd be soundly defeated.

Haha yeh whatever

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2022, 01:38:28 PM »
Haha yeh whatever

Darren it is amazing that a lot of these guys think they know a lot about fighting and wrestling isn’t it

Karelin in his prime in ufc now would be a wrecking machine

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2022, 03:16:05 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again....There's not a single man alive in combat sports that would defeat Jones on Cocaine.

If Jon Jones does a few lines of Cocaine before stepping into any ring, no one beats him. No one comes close to beating him. I don't care the fighter or even style. The guy is a gift. He is dangerous everywhere. I love boxing and believe firmly that boxing is the best form of combat to know in order to protect yourself, but Jones has too many skills and would annihilate a boxer by introducing them to kryptonite via wrestling and ground game. Jones would elbow the fuck out of a boxer, muay thai fighter or kickboxer while on the ground. The fight would end.

Now, Jones without Cocaine can certainly be beaten, but it would take a lot.

In MMA, I think he's the best fighter of all time. When he gets to heavyweight, I think he will be fine. The X factor is whether some of those heavy punchers can land flush on Jones' chin. If they do, it could be lights out, but that's a big "if". Jones has fought heavy punchers before and knows how to evade extremely well. His stamina is ridiculous, his fight IQ is ridiculous, his abilities on the ground and in standup are ridiculous. He controls the distance incredibly well, cuts angles, knows how to use his jab, elbows, knees, kicks and can deliver devastating blows and submissions in the clinch, while having the capacity to take anyone to the ground and control fully. The biggest issues I see for Jones at heavyweight aren't his size, power, stamina or speed. I think I will keep an eye on the effects of age on him, as we all get defeated by father time. Separate from that, I wonder how well he would be able to take head strikes from these heavyweights. Granted, the only striker in heavyweight that I see posing a threat to truly connect on Jones is Ciryl Gane, but even then, Jones is no Derrick Lewis.

A prime Tyson was an animal and an absolute criminal that would have essentially bitten another's man's testicles to win a fight. Prime Tyson would get smoked in a ring by a prime Lenox Lewis every damn day of the week (Prime Lenox Lewis beats the fuck out of everyone in boxing, regardless of era in my humble opinion). Prime Tyson would also get outboxed by prime Holyfield. On the street, prime Tyson would probably kill both of them. Prime Tyson fighting prime Jones on the street, hard to tell who would win, but I'd lean on Jones. Tyson has NO ground game and Jones is a strong wrestler and is also prone to criminality. Jones would easily kill a man if he knew he could get away with it.

If Jones fights Ngannou in March, I'll definitely watch that fight!

"1"

Good stuff. Agree with most of this. The Ngannou match would be awesome.

With the street fighting questions, they're generally so vague as to be meaningless. What do we even mean by a street fight? Are they sober? Is it in some packed night-club? Is it some sort of pre-arranged meet up where both just turn up in a field and anything goes? I'd say a cage fight is close enough to some pre-arranged, sober meet up on 'da streets', and yeah, Jones would likely take it in both those scenarios.

A lot of people also seem to discuss street fights from the perspective of being a doorman or something like that, where size and strength mean a hell of a lot when you're sober and dragging drunk guys out of bars. Really, though, the reality of them is they're a few seconds of sudden violence, where one person has enough of the other's shit and decides to throw some hands. From that perspective, a prime Tyson pretty much wins them all, haha. He'd be first to snap and start swinging some hooks, and if they land, you're done. And if you take him down, you're going to at least get a chunk bitten out of you before any choke holds and stuff like that become relevant.

Anyone watching the UFC tonight? I'm going to set an alarm for it. Hoping Paddy gets his stupid face smashed.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2022, 03:41:12 PM »
This guy would drag Jones into deep water and strangle him

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2022, 04:03:59 PM »
I remember back in 2000, I watched Alexander Karelin on TV, he wrestled in the summer Olympics, and he got beat by an American named Gardner.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2022, 01:47:31 AM »
I remember back in 2000, I watched Alexander Karelin on TV, he wrestled in the summer Olympics, and he got beat by an American named Gardner.
Surprised he never went into MMA.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2022, 09:47:14 AM »
Surprised he never went into MMA.
Maybe he can't take a punch?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2022, 09:52:45 AM »
I can't wait to see him perform at heavyweight. There's 3 fights I want to see him in. Stipe, Gane and Ngannou. As of now I haven't seen a more complete fighter with absurd fight IQ, limb length and general toughness and will to succeed in a fight.

My concerns with the extra weight are speed, quickness and cardio. The word is fight in March. The suggested opponent would be Curtis Blaydes or Ngannou. Not a fan of him fighting Ngannou first as a heavyweight but if he feels he's ready, who am I to say anything? I'm excited to see him fight.

Street fight Prime Tyson or Jones. I'm going Jones. Too many weapons and too smart.

He lost to a pregnant woman and coke.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2022, 10:42:07 AM »
Gordon Ryan is a bjj God but rumours are he's not so keen on mma because he can't take a good shot?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2022, 11:57:24 AM »
Gordon Ryan is a bjj God but rumours are he's not so keen on mma because he can't take a good shot?

Agreed. Don't know about the taking a shot angle, but agree that he might not be too keen on mma.

Met him many years ago in NYC while at the gym. He is excellent at BJJ, but he knows very damn well that MMA is another language all together. While he is elite in bjj, he isn't elite in the type of ground game you need for MMA. Striking while on the ground with fists and elbows is not something he trains for. Also, he has no standup game as far as I know. World class JiuJitsu players have been humbled in MMA competition (Roger Gracie, Marcelo Garcia, Andre Galvao etc) and I think Gordon knows it would take him years before being able to pretend to hang with professional MMA fighters in the UFC. Also, given his height & weight, I'd imagine he would be in the light heavyweight division of the UFC and that division has enough killers that would merc him. Don't get me wrong, there are world class JiuJitsu guys that have made it big in MMA, like Fabricio Werdum and Demian Maia for instance, but more times than not bjj guys don't fare well in pro MMA.

Frankly, I don't think pro-mma fighters need to have black belts in bjj to be effective inside the octagon. A purple belt would be more than enough. Also, stick to no-gi training, something along the lines of 10th planet jiujitsu and such.

"1"

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2022, 01:08:15 PM »
Agreed. Don't know about the taking a shot angle, but agree that he might not be too keen on mma.

Met him many years ago in NYC while at the gym. He is excellent at BJJ, but he knows very damn well that MMA is another language all together. While he is elite in bjj, he isn't elite in the type of ground game you need for MMA. Striking while on the ground with fists and elbows is not something he trains for. Also, he has no standup game as far as I know. World class JiuJitsu players have been humbled in MMA competition (Roger Gracie, Marcelo Garcia, Andre Galvao etc) and I think Gordon knows it would take him years before being able to pretend to hang with professional MMA fighters in the UFC. Also, given his height & weight, I'd imagine he would be in the light heavyweight division of the UFC and that division has enough killers that would merc him. Don't get me wrong, there are world class JiuJitsu guys that have made it big in MMA, like Fabricio Werdum and Demian Maia for instance, but more times than not bjj guys don't fare well in pro MMA.

Frankly, I don't think pro-mma fighters need to have black belts in bjj to be effective inside the octagon. A purple belt would be more than enough. Also, stick to no-gi training, something along the lines of 10th planet jiujitsu and such.

"1"

I lived opposite Rogers Gracie academy in the 00s. Don't know if it makes a difference but he was juiced during his BJJ career, but by the time he fought in the the UFC he was a legit tiny tit. Saw him man handle some huge England rugby players at his academy. NH

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2022, 01:13:32 PM »

His goal was always to transition to MMA but John Danaher convinced him to stay in No-Gi for a while

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2022, 01:29:54 PM »
He will get his ass kicked in mma look at what happened to Roger Gracie who was considered the greatest hw sport bjj artist of all time

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2022, 01:51:55 PM »
He will get his ass kicked in mma look at what happened to Roger Gracie who was considered the greatest hw sport bjj artist of all time

Roger was 8-2 in MMA not terrible at all

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2022, 11:21:06 PM »
Really, though, the reality of them is they're a few seconds of sudden violence, where on person has enough of the other's shit and decides to throw some hands. From that perspective, a prime Tyson pretty much wins them all, haha.

THIS 

and not even tyson... hearns at all of a buck 47 lands his deadly overhand right would put even a 350 pound trud to sleep, LIIGHTS OUT nighty-night

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2022, 01:20:52 AM »
Maybe he can't take a punch?
That's possible but with that thick head and jaw I doubt it.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2022, 02:49:05 AM »
When  i found out Bhanks could ragdoll tyson it shattered my dreams! That a man so brittle, with every ailment humanly possible could throw him around like a teddy bear, i feel cheated,  i thought tyson was an animal but he shouldn't be mentioned in these discussions no moe :'(

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2022, 09:53:25 AM »
Anyone can win, at any time.

The more “cards” in your deck, the greater your chances.

Jon, as great are his talents and skills, is a flesh-and-bone man. He’s vulnerable.

Some random tough in a parking lot could very conceivably trash Jones’ world.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2022, 10:15:46 AM »
No human being is unbeatable at anything

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2022, 04:11:57 PM »
When we wipes the floorb with all 3, then what?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2022, 04:21:39 PM »
When we wipes the floorb with all 3, then what?
Wiggs, Jones is due for a beating/loss.

It happens to 99% of the greats. Especially since he's going to heavyweight. I know his gameplan: use his ground game as an advantage.

That will only last for so long, and maybe even not for his first fight. I want Ngannou to knock the cocaine crust out of his nose.

Maybe then, Jones will learn not to be a fake person in real life.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2022, 08:17:30 PM »
That's possible but with that thick head and jaw I doubt it.
Take Lesnar for example. Mongloid head but was scared to get hit.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2022, 09:10:07 PM »
Take Lesnar for example. Mongloid head but was scared to get hit.
He was gifted physically, but a terrible fighter. He was just backed by the UFC machine.

Look at Paddy The Baddy. Everyone who saw the fight, said he lost, yet he won by unanimous decision. The UFC is backing his hype train.