Author Topic: Twitter dead, Elon broke by end of 2023  (Read 13258 times)

Abelard Lindsey

• Getbig II
Re: Twitter dead, Elon broke by end of 2023
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2022, 10:40:01 AM »
Twitter, and by extension, Musk himself may be OK.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/plane-engines-fire-how-musk-averted-3-billion-twitter-crash

Apparently Twitter was hemorrhaging money before Musk bought it. It is now profitable.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2022, 10:50:52 AM »
Exactly.  Musk paid $44,000,000,000 to be the main character on the Internet.  Alas a fool and his money are soon parted

Twitter originally allowed posts of I believe 150 characters or less. So, users were continually in a position of having to edit down without losing the meaning of the post or having to string together multiple posts. Apologists said it made posters more concise but Twitter ended up increasing the number allowed so that was bullshit.

They also didn’t allow editing after you post. I haven’t been on it for awhile so this might have changed.

I remember Dorsey telling users they would get an editing function if they did something. I forgot what.

Fuck you, Jack. I’m the customer. I just won’t use your shitty product.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2022, 12:05:43 PM »
Twitter originally allowed posts of I believe 150 characters or less. So, users were continually in a position of having to edit down without losing the meaning of the post or having to string together multiple posts. Apologists said it made posters more concise but Twitter ended up increasing the number allowed so that was bullshit.

They also didn’t allow editing after you post. I haven’t been on it for awhile so this might have changed.

I remember Dorsey telling users they would get an editing function if they did something. I forgot what.

Fuck you, Jack. I’m the customer. I just won’t use your shitty product.

On social media, the user is the product they just don't know it.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: December 21, 2022, 12:34:35 PM »
Twitter, and by extension, Musk himself may be OK.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/plane-engines-fire-how-musk-averted-3-billion-twitter-crash

Apparently Twitter was hemorrhaging money before Musk bought it. It is now profitable.

What has made it profitable ?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #154 on: December 21, 2022, 02:02:35 PM »

Reducing expenses, i.e. payroll deadweight.

ROBOAK

• Getbig IV
  • toughest getbigger of all time
« Reply #155 on: December 21, 2022, 02:09:04 PM »
twitter was never meant to be profitable, its just a control tool for government...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: December 21, 2022, 02:23:54 PM »
It’s bad for him. He’ll still be rich but he’s going to take a beating. He looks like he bought Twitter to be able to rant and troll people.

He was already doing this before he took over the Twitter reins.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #157 on: December 21, 2022, 02:45:51 PM »
https://www.firstpost.com/explainers/explained-how-elon-musk-got-44-billion-to-buy-twitter-11525831.html

In the end, the South African-born billionaire will personally cough up a little more than $27 billion in cash in the transaction.

The total sum of the deal also includes $5.2 billion from investment groups and other large funds, including from Larry Ellison, the co-founder of software company Oracle, who wrote a $1 billion check as part of the arrangement.

Qatar Holding, which is controlled by Qatar’s sovereign wealth fund, the Qatar Investment Authority, has also tossed capital into the pot.

And Prince Alwaleed bin Talal of Saudi Arabia transferred to Musk the nearly 35 million shares he already owned.

In exchange for their investments, the contributors will become Twitter shareholders.

The rest of the money — about $13 billion worth — is backed by bank loans, including from Morgan Stanley, Bank of America, Japanese banks Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group and Mizuho, Barclays and the French banks Societe Generale and BNP Paribas.

According to documents filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission, Morgan Stanley’s contribution alone is about $3.5 billion.

These loans are guaranteed by Twitter, and it is the company, not Musk himself, which will assume the financial responsibility to pay them back.

Yes, thank you for the corroborating article 8)

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #158 on: December 21, 2022, 02:59:06 PM »
What's clear from the Twitter files is that the company existed solely for as an instrument for the intelligence communities to obfuscate facts, manufacture a narrative and consent in the populace and to identify dissidents.  That many spooks on the board of directors and in high ranking positions was deliberate.  There's no way twitter was able to sustain itself losing hundreds of millions of dollars a year without being subsidized by the IC's black budget.
Smart people already knew this but if it helps wake up the normies and increase critical mass then that's a good thing.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #159 on: December 21, 2022, 03:01:59 PM »
What's clear from the Twitter files is that the company existed solely for as an instrument for the intelligence communities to obfuscate facts, manufacture a narrative and consent in the populace and to identify dissidents.  That many spooks on the board of directors and in high ranking positions was deliberate.  There's no way twitter was able to sustain itself losing hundreds of millions of dollars a year without being subsidized by the IC's black budget.
Smart people already knew this but if it helps wake up the normies and increase critical mass then that's a good thing.

The trouble is, is batch of emails released should be the headline for every news outlet.

Only seeing it on conservative sites, or substack.
Y

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #160 on: December 21, 2022, 09:40:35 PM »
The trouble is, is batch of emails released should be the headline for every news outlet.

Only seeing it on conservative sites, or substack.

MSM is Totally Controlled- Fuck wasting time with that Propaganda Crap.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #161 on: December 22, 2022, 08:26:25 AM »
I didn’t think he was legally forced, but was going to have to pay a billion dollar break up fee. I’m not positive of that, and the fact he did end up buying somewhat proves he was forced, I’m just not sure why he’d put himself in that position. What was the contingencies of the break up fee?

They were never made fully public, but most of the time a breakup fee is the result of regulatory hurdles, inability to secure financing or fraud on one party's part. Musk  seemed to be trying to float the idea of fraud with the whole "bots" narrative, but as the chancery court date got closer, more leaks started coming out and  it was revealed that Musk had multiple opportunities to look into all of his objections and had declined them all. Because discussions were so far along, there was such a long paper trail and Musk's actions likely had an impact on twitter's stock price , people were speculating that he would not only lose but be on the hook for a few billion in damages.  (I actually think he might have been buying time, expecting a few years long trial, waiting for tesla stock to recover and it not be such a big hit to his personal wealth,  but the  trial was going to this business court in delaware where even complex cases are usually wrapped up in a week.)

That article doesn't actually say twitter is now profitable, just that it's debt obligations have changed.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #162 on: December 22, 2022, 11:26:05 AM »
Social Media lol what a bunch of fools who engage in this stupidity.
T

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: December 22, 2022, 11:41:58 AM »
Social Media lol what a bunch of fools who engage in this stupidity.

You have 8000+ posts here.....

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #164 on: December 22, 2022, 12:43:26 PM »
You have 8000+ posts here.....
This place is considered social media ???
T

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: December 22, 2022, 12:50:43 PM »
TSLA stock down 27% MOM...it won't recover... momentum.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: December 23, 2022, 04:59:40 AM »

This place is considered antisocial media  ;D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: December 23, 2022, 10:53:13 PM »
That's the truth. It's a very refreshing place to be.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #168 on: December 24, 2022, 07:55:19 AM »

The Leviathan lost an appendage. Govt/State power working with private industry to enforce policy is.....Facism/Corporatism.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: December 24, 2022, 08:22:07 AM »
Getbigs biggest asshole and low iq moron coach joe Marino claimed just a few weeks ago musk was worth 400 billion

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #170 on: January 03, 2023, 09:24:08 AM »
Tesla getting crushed first trading day of 2023:

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2023, 09:47:31 AM »

It’s a type of social media.

You have an account; that is user name and password protected, can post pictures, videos  and updates…. Etc.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: January 03, 2023, 10:32:41 AM »

Lmao. Yeah that’s pretty accurate. Lots of social degenerates interested in the sport of rubbing baby oil all over their body and posing in front of large crowd of men.

ROBOAK

• Getbig IV
  • toughest getbigger of all time
« Reply #173 on: January 03, 2023, 11:12:52 AM »

twitter was never meant to be profitable, its just a control tool for government...

Pretty much what just posted, but that's okay, I will let you be my sidekick....

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #174 on: January 03, 2023, 11:18:14 AM »
Twitter will be fine and eventually very profitable. It will eventually become the "everything" app. It will take time. Elon will still be very wealthy.