Author Topic: The 2024 General Election  (Read 52037 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: The 2024 General Election
« Reply #425 on: September 06, 2023, 06:37:08 PM »
The inability to remember folks’ names is a curse. It is rude. It causes hurt feelings. It is embarrassing. I know this for a fact because I have had a lifelong problem remembering names and over the past almost 80 years it has not gotten any better. It must be some kind of mental block. It is one of the many reasons I would never run for President of the U.S.  ;D

This isn't just about Biden forgetting the names of people he works with.  It's about his obvious steep mental decline that makes him unfit for public office.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #426 on: September 06, 2023, 07:44:04 PM »
This isn't just about Biden forgetting the names of people he works with.  It's about his obvious steep mental decline that makes him unfit for public office.

Kamala Harris 'Ready To Take Over' As President If Biden Can't Do Job

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/kamala-harris-ready-take-over-president-if-biden-unwell

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #427 on: September 07, 2023, 11:20:02 AM »
Shitty millennial "journalists" at it again. Trying to divert attention away from Biden's age by using McConnell the fossil. They both should've been gone from politics 10 years ago.

McConnell’s freezes complicate Republican attacks on Biden’s age

Joe Biden and Mitch McConnell struck up a friendship during their nearly quarter-century in the Senate together. Now in their 80s, the Democratic president and the Senate GOP leader appear to be giving political cover to each other as they fend off questions about their advanced age and health issues.

Notably, McConnell, R-Ky., 81, hasn’t joined Donald Trump, 77, and other Republicans who have attacked Biden’s age, health and mental acuity as he seeks re-election.

And after McConnell’s second freeze-up last week, Biden was one of the first to call McConnell, telling reporters that his “friend” sounded like “his old self” and that such episodes are a “part of his recovery” from a fall and a concussion this year.

McConnell’s recent freezing spells and other health concerns have created a campaign conundrum for Republicans who have ripped Biden as too old and frail to continue as commander-in-chief for a second term but continue to stand by McConnell as one of the top leaders of the GOP.

“Because he’s having health problems, it makes it more difficult to attack Biden," a Republican senator said, referring to McConnell. "And yet I think it’s pretty apparent President Biden has significant health problems. There’s probably a double standard."

“Both sides have problems with aging leaders," the senator said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/mcconnells-freezes-complicate-republican-attacks-bidens-age-rcna103682

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #428 on: September 07, 2023, 11:56:00 AM »
Shitty millennial "journalists" at it again. Trying to divert attention away from Biden's age by using McConnell the fossil. They both should've been gone from politics 10 years ago.

McConnell’s freezes complicate Republican attacks on Biden’s age

Joe Biden and Mitch McConnell struck up a friendship during their nearly quarter-century in the Senate together. Now in their 80s, the Democratic president and the Senate GOP leader appear to be giving political cover to each other as they fend off questions about their advanced age and health issues.

Notably, McConnell, R-Ky., 81, hasn’t joined Donald Trump, 77, and other Republicans who have attacked Biden’s age, health and mental acuity as he seeks re-election.

And after McConnell’s second freeze-up last week, Biden was one of the first to call McConnell, telling reporters that his “friend” sounded like “his old self” and that such episodes are a “part of his recovery” from a fall and a concussion this year.

McConnell’s recent freezing spells and other health concerns have created a campaign conundrum for Republicans who have ripped Biden as too old and frail to continue as commander-in-chief for a second term but continue to stand by McConnell as one of the top leaders of the GOP.

“Because he’s having health problems, it makes it more difficult to attack Biden," a Republican senator said, referring to McConnell. "And yet I think it’s pretty apparent President Biden has significant health problems. There’s probably a double standard."

“Both sides have problems with aging leaders," the senator said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/mcconnells-freezes-complicate-republican-attacks-bidens-age-rcna103682

It's childish and a poor comparison. Nobody who is conservative cares if McConnell is there or not.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #429 on: September 07, 2023, 01:02:37 PM »

Kamala Harris 'Ready To Take Over' As President If Biden Can't Do Job

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/kamala-harris-ready-take-over-president-if-biden-unwell

I see a possible scenario of Biden stepping down before the election (due to scandal, obvious mental incompetence, etc.) so Harris can run as the incumbent.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #430 on: September 07, 2023, 08:53:09 PM »
I see a possible scenario of Biden stepping down before the election (due to scandal, obvious mental incompetence, etc.) so Harris can run as the incumbent.

She would join the brainless ranks of Fetterman, Biden, Feinstein, AOC, etc as the perfect leftist candidate. Meanwhile Obammer still in the background following the plan.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: September 07, 2023, 09:14:15 PM »

She would join the brainless ranks of Fetterman, Biden, Feinstein, AOC, etc as the perfect leftist candidate. Meanwhile Obammer still in the background following the plan.

This has to be the dumbest Pres/VP duo in American history. 

I heard someone say today that they believe Biden will drop out before the election and the Dems will pick Whitmer as the nominee and try and make the election about abortion.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #432 on: September 07, 2023, 10:20:01 PM »
This has to be the dumbest Pres/VP duo in American history. 

I heard someone say today that they believe Biden will drop out before the election and the Dems will pick Whitmer as the nominee and try and make the election about abortion.

My continual hang-up is, how do the Democrats surrender the incumbency?  Someone (perhaps here) suggested that Newsom could appoint Harris to the Senate (after a few hard elbows to get Feinstein to resign), Biden nominates somebody as VP, and then Biden resigns.  Voilà: a new face as president with no record to criticize.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #433 on: September 08, 2023, 05:23:08 AM »
Biden May Be Facing an Election Unwinnable by Conventional Means
Front Page Magazine ^ | 6 Sep, 2023 | Daniel Greenfield
Posted on 9/6/2023, 8:19:47 AM by MtnClimber

The more the election becomes conventionally unwinnable, the more it will be waged unconventionally.

Remember the “conventional” part.

Elections don’t just come down to swaying the electorate, but increasingly to turning out your base. The Dems are parasitically dependent on black voter turnout. Especially with Latino and Asian voters becoming more erratic. While some Republicans are touting gains among black men, the thing to remember is that they vote in small numbers and the actual Democrat base is the ‘church lady’ electorate. Older black women.

A threat to the Dem black electorate is politically fatal. Or at least it ought to be. And things look grim.

Mr. Biden’s weakness among nonwhite voters is broad, spanning virtually every demographic category and racial group, including a 72-11 lead among Black voters and a 47-35 lead among Hispanic registrants. The sample of Asian voters is not large enough to report, though nonwhite voters who aren’t Black or Hispanic — whether Asian, Native American, multiracial or something else — back Mr. Biden by just 40-39. In all three cases, Mr. Biden’s tallies are well beneath his standing in the last election.

Those are still majorities, but they’re increasingly feeble ones.

Dems don’t win by scoring less than three-quarters of the black vote and the Hispanic vote isn’t supposed to be this close. Biden is within a margin of error of losing the general mass non-white voters.

These are bad numbers, but the numbers were also bad in 2022. What the Dems did was focus heavily on turning out the new emerging base, upscale young white voters with college degrees. Republicans have made crucial inroads among working-class minority voters, but Democrats have more than compensated for it by gobbling up suburban and upscale urban white voters. That Kung Fu move worked pretty well in 2022.

And the Democrats have learned even more heavily on abortion, global warming and LGBTQ issues.

The problem is that this just worsens the drift. The more you court a different set of voters, the worse the bleeding among your existing base gets. Both Republicans and Democrats are experiencing this. A lot of suburban more liberal Republicans have left because they don’t like the party’s new tone, but likewise minority voters are leaving because they think the Democrats have become a woke hipster party.

The Times/Siena data suggests the emergence of a fairly clear education gap among nonwhite voters, as Mr. Biden loses ground among less affluent nonwhite voters and those without a degree. Overall, he retains a 61-23 lead among nonwhite college graduates, compared with a mere 49-31 lead among those without a four-year degree.

And the white working-class vote obviously got on a boat and sailed away.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #434 on: September 08, 2023, 05:59:00 AM »
Biden May Be Facing an Election Unwinnable by Conventional Means
Front Page Magazine ^ | 6 Sep, 2023 | Daniel Greenfield
Posted on 9/6/2023, 8:19:47 AM by MtnClimber

The more the election becomes conventionally unwinnable, the more it will be waged unconventionally.

Remember the “conventional” part.

Elections don’t just come down to swaying the electorate, but increasingly to turning out your base. The Dems are parasitically dependent on black voter turnout. Especially with Latino and Asian voters becoming more erratic. While some Republicans are touting gains among black men, the thing to remember is that they vote in small numbers and the actual Democrat base is the ‘church lady’ electorate. Older black women.

A threat to the Dem black electorate is politically fatal. Or at least it ought to be. And things look grim.

Mr. Biden’s weakness among nonwhite voters is broad, spanning virtually every demographic category and racial group, including a 72-11 lead among Black voters and a 47-35 lead among Hispanic registrants. The sample of Asian voters is not large enough to report, though nonwhite voters who aren’t Black or Hispanic — whether Asian, Native American, multiracial or something else — back Mr. Biden by just 40-39. In all three cases, Mr. Biden’s tallies are well beneath his standing in the last election.

Those are still majorities, but they’re increasingly feeble ones.

Dems don’t win by scoring less than three-quarters of the black vote and the Hispanic vote isn’t supposed to be this close. Biden is within a margin of error of losing the general mass non-white voters.

These are bad numbers, but the numbers were also bad in 2022. What the Dems did was focus heavily on turning out the new emerging base, upscale young white voters with college degrees. Republicans have made crucial inroads among working-class minority voters, but Democrats have more than compensated for it by gobbling up suburban and upscale urban white voters. That Kung Fu move worked pretty well in 2022.

And the Democrats have learned even more heavily on abortion, global warming and LGBTQ issues.

The problem is that this just worsens the drift. The more you court a different set of voters, the worse the bleeding among your existing base gets. Both Republicans and Democrats are experiencing this. A lot of suburban more liberal Republicans have left because they don’t like the party’s new tone, but likewise minority voters are leaving because they think the Democrats have become a woke hipster party.

The Times/Siena data suggests the emergence of a fairly clear education gap among nonwhite voters, as Mr. Biden loses ground among less affluent nonwhite voters and those without a degree. Overall, he retains a 61-23 lead among nonwhite college graduates, compared with a mere 49-31 lead among those without a four-year degree.

And the white working-class vote obviously got on a boat and sailed away.

We are never going to see a "normal" election ever again. This whole thing is circling the toilet and as it does the distortions in truth will amplify.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #435 on: September 08, 2023, 08:38:14 AM »
My continual hang-up is, how do the Democrats surrender the incumbency?  Someone (perhaps here) suggested that Newsom could appoint Harris to the Senate (after a few hard elbows to get Feinstein to resign), Biden nominates somebody as VP, and then Biden resigns.  Voilà: a new face as president with no record to criticize.

Nothing would surprise me.  It's all a cesspool. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #436 on: September 08, 2023, 09:19:06 AM »
More evidence that the Democrat establishment is done with the useful idiot and might force him out.

James Carville sounds the alarm on Biden's sinking poll numbers, age concerns: 'Troubling'
Biden has a clear 'age problem,' the veteran strategist says
By Jeffrey Clark Fox News
Published September 8, 2023
https://www.foxnews.com/media/james-carville-sounds-alarm-bidens-sinking-poll-numbers-age-concerns-troubling

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: September 08, 2023, 10:50:03 AM »
These loser democrat cultists need to all STFU - they voted for this! 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #438 on: September 08, 2023, 02:14:10 PM »

This theory seems complex and therefore rather unlikely to happen. Is there anyone in politics with no record to criticize? If by some quirk there was, the opposition would invent a scandal.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #439 on: September 08, 2023, 06:24:34 PM »
This theory seems complex and therefore rather unlikely to happen. Is there anyone in politics with no record to criticize? If by some quirk there was, the opposition would invent a scandal.

I agree that it's complex; I can't sort it out.  To clarify, little or no record as president i.e. a bright and shiny face takes office in the spring or summer of 2024.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #440 on: September 08, 2023, 06:44:15 PM »
I agree that it's complex; I can't sort it out.  To clarify, little or no record as president i.e. a bright and shiny face takes office in the spring or summer of 2024.

A bight shiny face to take office is an excellent idea as is it being someone without prior Presidential baggage. As I suspect you have done, I have tried to imagine various scenarios for the 2024 primary and general elections and nothing seems to jell. So, like you, I can't sort this out. There are more possibilities than I think we have seen in previous elections. Electing the right person to the U.S. Presidency gets tougher and tougher and more absurd with each new election. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #441 on: September 08, 2023, 06:55:54 PM »
Jack Smith is probably furiously working on another indictment. 

NEW CNN POLL:

"Donald Trump, 47%, Joe Biden, 46%...There was not a single poll conducted by CNN during the entire 2020 cycle in which Donald Trump got a higher share of the vote than Joe Biden did, so this is a vastly different picture from what we saw four years ago..."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: September 08, 2023, 07:17:13 PM »
Trump leads, followed by second tier of four candidates in ISU/Civiqs poll

https://www.news.iastate.edu/news/2023/09/08/24caucus-poll1

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: September 08, 2023, 07:18:23 PM »
They did it to Bernie too.

RFK Jr Catches Democrats Rigging Primary, Issues Warning: ‘It Is Simply Impossible to Challenge Biden’
David Hawkins  September 8, 2023
https://slaynews.com/news/robert-kennedy-busts-dems-rigging-primary-issues-warning-if-the-dnc-is-going-to-rig-it-so-it-is-simply-impossible-to-challenge-biden-then-i-need-to/?utm_source=mailpoet&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily-newsletter

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #444 on: September 08, 2023, 07:51:18 PM »
Jack Smith is probably furiously working on another indictment. 

NEW CNN POLL:

"Donald Trump, 47%, Joe Biden, 46%...There was not a single poll conducted by CNN during the entire 2020 cycle in which Donald Trump got a higher share of the vote than Joe Biden did, so this is a vastly different picture from what we saw four years ago..."
We know how democrats love their polls.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #445 on: September 08, 2023, 09:47:08 PM »
We know how democrats love their polls.

Guess you don't follow Trump's Truth Social daily multiple posts and his several per day campaign fund raising requests via email. Talk about someone who loves their polls. He literally can't stop talking about where he ranks on them, (of course as per usual, he exaggerates to make his numbers look more favorable).

I am a proud Democrat. I could care less about the polls this early on. They are not accurate on election day, why would anyone care where they are now? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #446 on: September 09, 2023, 03:43:31 AM »
Guess you don't follow Trump's Truth Social daily multiple posts and his several per day campaign fund raising requests via email. Talk about someone who loves their polls. He literally can't stop talking about where he ranks on them, (of course as per usual, he exaggerates to make his numbers look more favorable).

I am a proud Democrat. I could care less about the polls this early on. They are not accurate on election day, why would anyone care where they are now?

Proud democrat ?   Why.    Denial and senility has taken over completely to your brain.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #447 on: September 09, 2023, 05:21:36 AM »
We know how democrats love their poles.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #448 on: September 09, 2023, 08:52:10 AM »

Of course I don't, I'm not obsessed with Trump like you liberals are. ;)
Why do you follow someone you hate? Maybe it's jealousy? A little envy? You wish you were as rich and spry at his age? Maybe you're upset that he can smile while you liberals are miserable cunts?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #449 on: September 09, 2023, 04:15:23 PM »

Proud democrat ?   Why.    Denial and senility has taken over completely to your brain.

I will keep what you just posted in mind. I am finally having that annual 'wellness check' on Monday. I may or may not report the results of the cognitive test on Getbig. On the other hand, if it isn't good, I could just lie about it like Trump and Biden do.  ;)