Author Topic: Got called out twice and did'nt place, WTF! Couple new pics  (Read 11758 times)

Patricku9

• Getbig II
Re: Got called out twice and did'nt place, WTF! Couple new pics
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2006, 09:21:46 AM »
your color was great.

Popeye

• Getbig III
  • Go big, Or go home!
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2006, 07:50:39 PM »
 ;D

Thanks man, got pretty damn dark   lol

Glen Grant

• Getbig I
  • Have you been seen lately
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2006, 01:58:07 PM »
Going to help you out here Popeye in one photo to show you on the call ups, why you did not do as well as you had hoped.

As others have pointed out, during pre-judging your condition was a bit soft overall, your legs were no where close to the top 3. During the evening you looked better but not when it counted.

As one of the media photographers at these events I have gone back and studied your entire presence on stage and have to agree also with others that you need to work more on your posing and stage presentation. You spent more time in the call up trying to see what the others were up to as oppose to doing your thing, this of course breaks your form and any poise you may have.

Practice and you will get better on the posing.

Cheers!
~ GlenG

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2006, 02:05:13 PM »
Popeye,

Alot of times it is not just the best physique but overall stage presence, confidence etc...

Popeye

• Getbig III
  • Go big, Or go home!
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2006, 02:36:06 PM »
 Not once was i looking at what the other guys were doing, the main thing i was looking at were the judges

Glen Grant

• Getbig I
  • Have you been seen lately
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2006, 08:37:20 AM »
Popeye,

With just over 2,500 photos from that event much more detail than N.P. coverage. There are many times during the call up on the required poses for which you broke form to check out other's status. I stand by what I wrote thou you may thing different.

However, the basic reason for the placement even with the call up is still those that have been covered here. Posing | Form | Presentation of the package.

~ GlenG

Popeye

• Getbig III
  • Go big, Or go home!
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2006, 11:49:20 AM »
 Well you can think what you want, i know what i know. And by the way along with the family and friends that i had there watching me i had a women from my gym watching me, and she's been in the sport for over 18 years and she figured i had atleast second locked up, being that she's almost a pro i think she knows her stuff.
  Oh and by the way that was supposed to be a level 1 show so why was there 2 masters in our division (1st.and2nd), there's no way it was their first show, the women that was watching me said she knew Greg and that he won so much down in the States that he has to come compete here now

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2006, 12:14:29 PM »
That contest looks as deep as Mt Everest!!
L

Popeye

• Getbig III
  • Go big, Or go home!
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2006, 11:55:41 AM »
yeah thats what i thought Glen  >:(

Popeye

• Getbig III
  • Go big, Or go home!
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2006, 01:51:54 PM »
 Right, right and where's your pics Walter big fag Bivens

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2006, 02:04:27 PM »
Well you can think what you want, i know what i know. And by the way along with the family and friends that i had there watching me i had a women from my gym watching me, and she's been in the sport for over 18 years and she figured i had atleast second locked up, being that she's almost a pro i think she knows her stuff.
  Oh and by the way that was supposed to be a level 1 show so why was there 2 masters in our division (1st.and2nd), there's no way it was their first show, the women that was watching me said she knew Greg and that he won so much down in the States that he has to come compete here now

Welcome to the BB world.  After hitting the stage a few times my focused has changed from my first show.  Now on my last day of contest prep. if I have improved from my last show I have "won" plan and simple.  I don't worry about the judges any more because it is very subjective and often related to who trainned you and how many years you have comp.

I don't even weigh myself after wed., why because I don't chase weight classes.  I deplete and load correctly.  If you start to watch your weight than if just screws around with your prep.

Now when I hit the stage I'm relaxed and having fun because I know I bought my best package and I already won.  I don't need a piece of plastic to prove the fact (even thou my wife and I are both prov. champs in our age group or weight class).  Than once the show is over you get back to the gym and work harder. 

My view of BB it is a Marathon not a sprint.  I hope you work your ass off real hard next year so they don't have a choice but to give you that piece of plastic with 1st on it.

Good Luck

Saskbb

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2006, 02:08:55 PM »
I hope thats a natural competition lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just push some weight!

Popeye

• Getbig III
  • Go big, Or go home!
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2006, 07:47:45 PM »
   Great post Saskbb, i totally agree after 8 years of training that was the best i had, and even though i did'nt get the trophy, the fact that on lookers (strangers) thought i should of placed was telling me something :)

Thanks man    ;)

And Alex this was'nt a natural show, but i'm natural with the exceptions of andro and M1T products, but never done a cycle

denvmuscle

• Getbig III
  • Ronny Rockel ROCKS!
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2006, 09:06:57 PM »
Hey Popeye:

YOu looked great- and don't care about placings right now.  You had good conditioning, you're color looks great.. and I gotta say I'm glad to see yet another dude out there that competes but is not afraid to get some tatts put on.

Keep up the great work man!

Mike

Popeye

• Getbig III
  • Go big, Or go home!
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2006, 04:09:55 PM »
 Thanks Mike, appreciate all the kind words buddy  ;D

Popeye

• Getbig III
  • Go big, Or go home!
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2006, 06:01:07 PM »
A new pic from a different website, little more clear 

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2006, 02:16:49 AM »
You've got a suspicousyl thick bloated midsection in the last pic.

cornebb

• Getbig II
  • squat
Re: Got called out twice and did'nt place, what the F@*K!
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2006, 02:39:02 AM »
on the left
yeah try not to tense your abs, this tends to bring your chest down and also makes your lats look smaller because you are trying to crunch forwards.
:D

denvmuscle

• Getbig III
  • Ronny Rockel ROCKS!
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2006, 03:45:17 AM »
You've got a suspicousyl thick bloated midsection in the last pic.

If you knew anything about bodybuilding you'd know there is nothing suspicious about it.  Yes, gear can make you a little bloated buy also keep in mind that the muscles/abs through the mid-section of a competitor are beyond the level of development of a "fitness boy".  If popeye wanted to look like a little fit guy he wouldnt' be a competitive bodybuilder.

Popeye- that's a good shot- chest and arms look great.  Keep up the good work and tune out the negatives on here.

Mike

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
Re: Got called out twice and did'nt place, what the F@*K!
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2006, 08:08:22 PM »
u gotta work on that posing dude....real bad.

really really bad   no offense   that could have moved you up alot        that and you need to gets your legs seperated    and suck in our stomach on side chest pose