Author Topic: now who has a better back..  (Read 12207 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: now who has a better back..
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2006, 04:26:41 PM »
93 Flex was probably the lowest body fat on stage, really amazing condition, but his long torso was not proportional to beat Ronnie 98.

agreed. I am not saying that Flex would beat Ronnie at his best.

But to me, debating about Flex beating Ronnie sure makes a whole lot more sense than debating about Dorian beating Ronnie.

Dorian is not in the same class as either Flex 93 or Ronnie 99.
(recall that Flex at the 93 Olympia was not in good condition compared to his Arnold Classic win of the same year).
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2006, 04:31:58 PM »
agreed. I am not saying that Flex would beat Ronnie at his best.

But to me, debating about Flex beating Ronnie sure makes a whole lot more sense than debating about Dorian beating Ronnie.

Dorian is not in the same class as either Flex 93 or Ronnie 99.
(recall that Flex at the 93 Olympia was not in good condition compared to his Arnold Classic win of the same year).

Your logic baffles the mind , Dorian faced a Flex that was a lot sharper than the one Ronnie faced in 1998 and Dorian isn't in the same class? lol he beat a much sharper Flex & convincingly at that and Ronnie just barely beat a less that sharp Flex by just 3 points and Dorian isn't in the same class? lol you got that right  ;) he was in a class all by himself , and Flex was not as sharp at the Olympa as he was at the Arnold but he was close , and a lot sharper than Flex in 1998 Olympia .

And Ronnie 99 wasn't as sharp as he was in 98 , don't you get that?

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2006, 05:06:03 PM »
Your logic baffles the mind , Dorian faced a Flex that was a lot sharper than the one Ronnie faced in 1998 and Dorian isn't in the same class? lol he beat a much sharper Flex & convincingly at that and Ronnie just barely beat a less that sharp Flex by just 3 points and Dorian isn't in the same class? lol you got that right  ;) he was in a class all by himself , and Flex was not as sharp at the Olympa as he was at the Arnold but he was close , and a lot sharper than Flex in 1998 Olympia .

ronnie was not as sharp in 99, but from the pics at least he looked better. ronnie 98 had poor seperation in his quads and was not nearly as full .

I have yet to see a tape of the 98 O. so I can't comment.

but in 99, based on the video (compared to 93 dorian anyway) he would crush Yates.

he looked amazing

Flower Boy Ran Away

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2006, 05:14:42 PM »
DAMN it people.. Do you have to bring the Dorian VS Ronnie topic into this thread?
I am a mini beast

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2006, 05:18:22 PM »
DAMN it people.. Do you have to bring the Dorian VS Ronnie topic into this thread?

sorry :)
Flower Boy Ran Away

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2006, 09:48:18 PM »

You are confusing who won the contest and who most fans think looked better.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2006, 01:14:31 AM »

Ronnie has the better taper and width, Dorian has a little better detail.
I would give the advantage to Ronnie because his taper (and arms and esp. delts from the back) is much better. Also, we cannot really see his hams and glutes in that shot, and we know that Ronnie had better hams and glutes than dorian when he was just 14 years old.

However, This just goes to illistrate how much better Ronnie was in 98 and 99 than he was in 96.

here is how he looked in 1998.

Now compare the two shots.

Its obvious that ND's crazy argument that Ronnie was just as good in 96/7 as he was in 98/99 is totally retarded.

the standards simply progressed.  Not taking anything away from Dorian, its just that the bar was raised.

Here is a shot from 99:

Ronnie was even wider in 1999.

Ronnie in 1996 was not the Ronnie of 98/99.

ronnie at his peak would have crushed ND's favorite construction worker.
dude 1996 dorian vs 1996 coleman...yates wins easily .dude ur still forgeting the fact its 1996 when this pic was first released.dude 1996 means yates was crowned mr olympia and not ronnie coleman..in that pic coleman is closer to the camera and  yates whole body is not even fully in that pic..the pic is a bit slanting makin yates almost out of the picture. yates crushed a fuckin 2 bit negro in that pic.i never liked coleman small..and yes he never was an aesthetic bodybuilder..small is a curse for coleman.mass=coleman..coleman means mass and aesthetics suck when coleman tries to b one..i never liked coleman before 1998..after 1998 coleman was is the best..so as far 1996 goes coleman SUCKED
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

xavmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2006, 01:37:39 AM »
lol he has nothing on me!

Your so gay alex he has everything on you.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2006, 07:44:43 AM »
dude 1996 dorian vs 1996 coleman...yates wins easily .dude ur still forgeting the fact its 1996 when this pic was first released.dude 1996 means yates was crowned mr olympia and not ronnie coleman..in that pic coleman is closer to the camera and  yates whole body is not even fully in that pic..the pic is a bit slanting makin yates almost out of the picture. yates crushed a fuckin 2 bit negro in that pic.i never liked coleman small..and yes he never was an aesthetic bodybuilder..small is a curse for coleman.mass=coleman..coleman means mass and aesthetics suck when coleman tries to b one..i never liked coleman before 1998..after 1998 coleman was is the best..so as far 1996 goes coleman SUCKED

Coleman was an aesthetic bodybuilder. ::)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2006, 01:01:50 PM »
Sorry but can't get much better than this.  And this was 30+ years ago

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2006, 01:13:41 PM »

the good old times.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2006, 04:56:36 PM »

Soft glutes ::)

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2006, 04:59:20 PM »
I am a mini beast

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2006, 05:00:39 PM »
  Soft glutes ::)

you're just upset that they are covered

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2006, 05:09:13 PM »

in afew years i think his back will be up with the best of them imo
R

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2006, 07:03:47 PM »
you're just upset that they are covered

I'm glad they're covered. I don't like to see playdough soft glutes onstage ;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2006, 08:13:05 PM »

:o :o :o

now who has the better back? 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2006, 08:17:53 PM »