Author Topic: How many animals were on Noah's ark?  (Read 10649 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: How many animals were on Noah's ark?
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2006, 06:01:52 AM »
No it's not possible at all.  Complete BS. Every species would show a genetic bottleneck at the same time. LOL...

Ya mean like this...

w

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006, 07:37:35 PM »

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 01:48:07 AM »
Two words---String Theory!!!

Its actually very possible...If "god" told him to do so, god just may have gave him the ability to work thru all the diminsions on earth...String theory shows that we have many diminsions...That being said, their could have been room...

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2006, 01:12:27 PM »
sure, the string theory...thats it. if god gave him the ability to to work through all the dimensions on earth to accomplish his word why wouldnt he mention the theory in the bible also? it would only help prove that it was possible and that it actually took place. instead of leaving it up to speculation, providing a reason Noah was able to accommodate two or more of every animal would only solidify the story in the bible and this debate would not exist. instead they just say take our word for it, it happened even though they cant explain it, and it sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2006, 04:52:47 PM »
I haven't done any reading on this in a while, but from my recollection there is plenty of evidence of a worldwide flood (not the "Ice Age" thing either). 

Also, isn't there some evidence of the Ark in Turkey?  Seem to recall reading something about that a while back.

The whole Noah's ark bullshit is a ripoff of the Babylonian story of Gilgamesh.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2006, 11:45:50 PM »
Don't know that story.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2006, 12:02:04 AM »
Beach Bum, of course you don't. You've probably never bothered to explore Christianity's roots. Do you also think the concept of a messiah originated in Christianity too?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2006, 12:31:25 AM »
Beach Bum, of course you don't. You've probably never bothered to explore Christianity's roots. Do you also think the concept of a messiah originated in Christianity too?

::)

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2006, 12:56:20 AM »
::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2006, 02:48:17 PM »
All three Abrahamic religions are based on the ancient people of the Middle East and their struggles. I do not see how modern day christians, jews and muslims think these teachings and stories apply to them, unless they're from the Middle East.  ???

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2006, 04:10:57 PM »
All three Abrahamic religions are based on the ancient people of the Middle East and their struggles. I do not see how modern day christians, jews and muslims think these teachings and stories apply to them, unless they're from the Middle East.  ???

How would a commandment telling me to tell the truth only apply to people from the Middle East?  Only people from the Middle East should be faithful to their spouses?  Solomon's proverbs were only for people from the Middle East?  Not following you.   

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2006, 06:02:34 AM »
How would a commandment telling me to tell the truth only apply to people from the Middle East?  Only people from the Middle East should be faithful to their spouses?  Solomon's proverbs were only for people from the Middle East?  Not following you.   

I'm not saying it doesn't apply to you, but what I am saying is that it's kinda silly to revolve your life around something that happened a long time ago in a foreign land and wasn't originally meant to be applied to people like you and I.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2006, 12:27:25 PM »
I'm not saying it doesn't apply to you, but what I am saying is that it's kinda silly to revolve your life around something that happened a long time ago in a foreign land and wasn't originally meant to be applied to people like you and I.

Why do you say that?  Much of what I read applies (or should apply) to everyone today.  For examples, Solomon talks about the perils of debt (borrower is the servant of the lender), which is a huge problem in our country.  He gives lots of practical advice about everyday relationships.  There are commands, recommendations, and advice that apply to all of us throughout the Bible. 

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2006, 01:36:23 PM »
sure, the string theory...thats it. if god gave him the ability to to work through all the dimensions on earth to accomplish his word why wouldnt he mention the theory in the bible also? it would only help prove that it was possible and that it actually took place. instead of leaving it up to speculation, providing a reason Noah was able to accommodate two or more of every animal would only solidify the story in the bible and this debate would not exist. instead they just say take our word for it, it happened even though they cant explain it, and it sounds absolutely ridiculous.

the earth was once considered flat...Now we understand thats not the case...If down the road we are able to truly understand and even travel thru all the dimensions, their really would be no need to actually write about it...It would just be reality...

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2006, 09:23:11 AM »
See this is the problem with most religions is that they take the Bible literally.  The bible was written so that the normal person (most were uneducated) could understand the importance and strength of God.  It was written in symbolic terms.  There is truth to the bible in some respects as to practical moral theology but it was written by people so that others may understand.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2006, 03:26:55 AM »
Pretty neat bedtime story though.

And great for marketing 'bible toys', too.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2006, 05:19:33 PM »
And great for marketing 'bible toys', too.

Don't forget children's songs!

"God said to Noah, there's gonna be a floody floody..."
Y

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2006, 05:27:16 AM »
I love how people believe this crap.

It would be scientifically impossible to have a ship where certain animals only live in sub-zero habitats and other animals that only survive in tropical regions.  The ship would have to stretch around 20,000 miles to accomodate these animals.  You would also need to include bacteria and diseases as these are living organisms.

The ship itself would be impossible to build,taking up at least an entire rain forest of trees for the wood.

hhahhahahahah People are still stupid enough to believe in this stuff.   I hate Christians.

haha, great post.

Are there actually people out there believing this bullshit?