Author Topic: Alexxx' Question Thread for you Enlightened Minds.  (Read 9861 times)

Tyrone Power

Re: Alexxx' Question Thread for you Enlightened Minds.
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 01:42:18 AM »
No they didn't.

Then why do Humans and other primates share common endogenous retroviruses and redundant pseudo-genes suggesting a diversification about 4 million years ago?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2006, 01:46:53 AM »

Then why do Humans and other primates share common endogenous retroviruses and redundant pseudo-genes suggesting a diversification about 4 million years ago?

Well, I don't know what "retroviruses and redundant pseudo-genes " are, so I can't say.  I'm not a scientist, so you have to dumb down your rhetoric a little.   :)  You sound like The Professor from Gilligan’s Island.   :)  We have things in common with pigs and rats.  Doesn't prove an evolution of species. 

Tyrone Power

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2006, 01:50:52 AM »
Well, I don't know what "retroviruses and redundant pseudo-genes " are, so I can't say.  I'm not a scientist, so you have to dumb down your rhetoric a little.   :)  You sound like The Professor from Gilligan’s Island.   :)  We have things in common with pigs and rats.  Doesn't prove an evolution of species. 

If you don't know the basics of common decent or molecular genetics then you have no grounds to make claims that Humans didn't evolve from earlier hominids. You're just wasting my time.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2006, 01:55:57 AM »

If you don't know the basics of common decent or molecular genetics then you have no grounds to make claims that Humans didn't evolve from earlier hominids. You're just wasting my time.

LOL!  Boy I've never heard THAT before, Sybil.  You engaged ME.  If I'm wasting your time then don't ask me questions. 

And you don't have to know "molecular genetics" to comment on evolution.  That's absurd. 

Tyrone Power

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2006, 02:02:24 AM »
And you don't have to know "molecular genetics" to comment on evolution.  That's absurd. 

And you don't have to know anything about physics to comment on rocket science either... ::)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2006, 08:28:33 AM »

Maybe because they were all made by the same God :)
R

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2006, 12:48:29 PM »
And you don't have to know anything about physics to comment on rocket science either... ::)

Whatever you say Sybil.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2006, 12:49:10 PM »

Ding!  We have a winner.   ;D

Tyrone Power

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2006, 03:48:50 AM »

So "being made by the same God" explains endogenous retroviral sequences and Redundant Psuedo genes?

Ok...How?

First explain what endogenous retroviral sequences and Redundant Psuedo genes are.

Then explain how "Being made by the same God" explains their existance.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2006, 10:32:04 AM »

So "being made by the same God" explains endogenous retroviral sequences and Redundant Psuedo genes?

Ok...How?

First explain what endogenous retroviral sequences and Redundant Psuedo genes are.

Endogenous retroviral sequences (ERVs) are integral parts of most eukaryotic genomes (according to some site I googled).

But "Tyrone," you really, really remind me of Johnny in that you don't keep your focus on the issue at hand, it seems that you'd rather attempt to "display" some perceived (at least by you) superior knowledge of things scientific.

Let's look at your initial post that I responded to:

"...why do [they] SHARE common ervs.....?"

And my answer addresses that question.

Ok...How?

Now, as you can see, you are not repeating your question that I answered before, but asking a fully different question.  So your incorrectly concluded statements do not apply to my reponse.

I'm still quite interested in the website of what we discussed in PM.  If you are uncomfortable posting it on the board, please PM it to me and I will keep it confidential.

R

Tyrone Power

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2006, 10:38:59 AM »
Endogenous retroviral sequences (ERVs) are integral parts of most eukaryotic genomes (according to some site I googled).

So in other words you don't know? If you have to copy and paste something from google.

But "Tyrone," you really, really remind me of Johnny in that you don't keep your focus on the issue at hand, it seems that you'd rather attempt to "display" some perceived (at least by you) superior knowledge of things scientific.

I don't know who that is.

Let's look at your initial post that I responded to:

"...why do [they] SHARE common ervs.....?"

And my answer addresses that question.

No it doesn't. How does them having a "common creator" cause them to share ERV's.

ERV's occur from past viral infections. They have nothing to do with creators.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2006, 11:36:06 AM »
LOL, u THINK that is Johnny?

hahahahahahahaha

come on now  ;D
follow the arrows

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2006, 12:08:51 PM »

Picture a chimp and a human as a lock.

They are so similar, that the same key works.

I can't believe religious types find it inconceivable that we share a distant relative with chimps. Why don't you fuckers just swallow your pride and admit it's most probably the case?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Tyrone Power

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2006, 12:18:10 PM »
For ERV's imagine a virus infects someone 5 million years ago. The virus inserts some of it's DNA(or other genetic material) into the hosts DNA. The host passes that DNA onto it's children.

Today we still see those DNA strands from past retroviruses.

We see the exact same retroviral sequences in Humans as we see in many other species including Chimps. Scientists can tell the difference between Virus genetic material and Human genetic material. So it's blatantly obvious.

See how "Common creator" wouldn't explain it?

The only explanation is that the 2 seperate species who share the same ERV's had a common ancestor who had that ERV. There's no other explanation. This is absolute proof for common decent and evolution.

Let's sum it up.

• Virus infects host
  • Virus inserts some of its DNA into the DNA of the host
  • Host has offspring
  • Host passes those DNA sequences onto it's offspring
  • Fast foward to modern times
  • All ancestors of that single host still have those DNA strands from the viral infection
  • Humans and Chimps and many other species including other mammals all have the same Retroviral sequences
  • This proves they had a common ancestor that had those sequences
  • This proves humans and chimps and other species had common ancestors
  • This proves common decent
  • This proves evolution

So simple even a baby could understand it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2006, 12:58:50 AM »
Hello you guys.... I think Alexxx is asking about who the Arabs are in the bible maybe? Not Muslims.  Instead of correcting him on Muslims not being in the bible, you might want to see if this the source of confusion.