Author Topic: CHECK OUT THIS MONSTER TRAINING 6'8" TALL!  (Read 26052 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: CHECK OUT THIS MONSTER TRAINING 6'8" TALL!
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2006, 04:13:35 PM »
Elvis Presley would destroy any mma fighter with his sheer charisma!
just push some weight!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2006, 04:16:48 PM »
Stone Cold Steve Austin would give them all an f'n stunner.  Lights out, bitches!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2006, 04:17:49 PM »
Stone Cold Steve Austin would give them all an f'n stunner.  Lights out, bitches!

hahaha yeah even stone cold an outgrown hillbilly can win that if he wans but why? he gets like 1 million dollar a fight..
just push some weight!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2006, 04:30:44 PM »
hahaha yeah even stone cold an outgrown hillbilly can win that if he wans but why? he gets like 1 million dollar a fight..

???  ???  ???

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2006, 04:33:38 PM »

???  ???  ???

He probably gets around 500 000$ per fight in wwe..
just push some weight!

Tokyo Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2006, 04:56:09 PM »

Nothing to be ashamed of, Liddell is seen as the best 205lb fighter in the world by alot of people. Opinions may differ but until he and the pride guys fight (funny how rampage wont take the rematch) everyone is entitled to their opinion. His knockout power is almost legendary - look at his long list of KO's.

Liddell, is a top fighter, no doubt about that. Standing toe to toe he'll beat most people, heavyweights too, but his ground skills are still lacking compared to fighters like Wand, Fedor and a few others.

There are some great match ups in pride that would draw big dollars i.e Lidell x Randleman, Yoshida, Cro Cop, Wanderlei etc.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2006, 05:34:21 PM »
There are so many people on here who think they know it all, when in reality they know f**k all! Right............

Randy Couture destroyed chuck liddell in their first fight, and was subsequently knocked out in the other 2 matches. Nothing to be ashamed of, Liddell is seen as the best 205lb fighter in the world by alot of people. Opinions may differ but until he and the pride guys fight (funny how rampage wont take the rematch) everyone is entitled to their opinion. His knockout power is almost legendary - look at his long list of KO's.

Randy is the first and only man to hold the Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight titles in the UFC, holding each title 2x. He manhandled Vitor Belfort when he was deemed unbeatable, and has also beaten Kurt Angle in an amatreur wrestling match.

Nobody knows how Bruce Lee would have fared, but he was very strong for his size and had scary power in his punches and kicks. I have no doubt that he would have been able to beat the shit out of guys like Jens Pulver, Phil baroni etc had he lived in his prime today. Dont look at him as a Kung Fu actor, look at him as a man who adapted to real life situations and designed and perfected a style which is just about perfect. He was very clever and had an ability that has rarely been seen.

Jackson would love rematch, Its the UFC who wont let it happen.

Its not like its necessary because his first fight with Chuck wasnt even close.

How can you comment on Bruce Lee's ability? He never fought a sanctioned fight, so all you can base your conclusions on is his movies.

And to Alexx, 99% of people would prefer to have a body like Randy Couture than any Bodybuilders. 99% of girls would also prefer a guy with a body like Randy Coutures to that of a pro bodybuilder. the other 1% of girls have more male hormones than most men.
shotgun on the team

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2006, 06:37:29 PM »
Jackson would love rematch, Its the UFC who wont let it happen.

Its not like its necessary because his first fight with Chuck wasnt even close.

How can you comment on Bruce Lee's ability? He never fought a sanctioned fight, so all you can base your conclusions on is his movies.

And to Alexx, 99% of people would prefer to have a body like Randy Couture than any Bodybuilders. 99% of girls would also prefer a guy with a body like Randy Coutures to that of a pro bodybuilder. the other 1% of girls have more male hormones than most men.

You are blinder than Narcissistic Deity ::)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2006, 06:50:11 PM »
Read what martial arts legends say about him!

http://www.bruceleedivinewind.com/feats.html

Freddy Kruger: Bruce Lee taught me how to kill people in their dreams in a matter of 3 days.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2006, 06:56:04 PM »
I sure wish I had the last 4:16 of my life back.  :(

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2006, 06:59:40 PM »

Chucks Corner had to throw in the towel in the second Round, real close ::)
shotgun on the team

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2006, 07:56:07 PM »
how can u say that bruce lee would beat a real mma fighter? 1 he never fought a real fight 2 he was an actor and 3 he was a chinaman that makes him none good. he was a great actor but that is it,he had some great fighting techniques and they might have worked but we will never know because he never was able to use them.

To say that Randy Couture is an idiot because he dosent use "proper form" is the most retarded thing i have ever heard he does what works for him. Most people do the exact same thing they do what works or they train for what they want to be. Randy wants to have explosive power and stamina so that is why he trains the way he does. The man is a great fighter and one of the most respected people in his industry so i dont understand why all the bashing

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2006, 07:59:51 PM »

baahahahahahahahahahahah haha
just push some weight!

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2006, 12:16:11 AM »
I agree...and you're one of them.  He is training for explosiveness/endurance and funtional strength not size ::)
Shut up punk a**.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2006, 11:38:41 AM »
Liddell, is a top fighter, no doubt about that. Standing toe to toe he'll beat most people, heavyweights too, but his ground skills are still lacking compared to fighters like Wand, Fedor and a few others.

There are some great match ups in pride that would draw big dollars i.e Lidell x Randleman, Yoshida, Cro Cop, Wanderlei etc.

The Crocop or Wan fight would be great, but hes already demolished randleman. Hes so much better now than he was even 2 years ago, i cant see anyone beating him in a stand up fight. His ground defence is incredible, apart from Randy when was the last time you saw him being dominated on the ground? He doesnt need ground skills when you can hardly take him down, his power can decide a fight in the blink of an eye
Scouser on Tour

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2006, 12:12:46 PM »
chuck actually is a brown belt now in bjj and he was a div 1 wrestler in college so he does have a pretty good ground game,also chuck is extremely difficult to keep down even if someone takes him down.hes a sprawl and brawl fighter and its workin well for him
R

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2006, 12:39:30 PM »
Just proving it doesn't matter how tall or big you are.

well there goes half your arguements when you claim to be such a bad ass.  You're only quality as a fighter, or bouncer is that you are tall, that's what you always fall back on.  Like I said before if anyone ever blasts you in the mouth you'd cry your little eyes out. ;D
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2006, 12:43:18 PM »
There are so many people on here who think they know it all, when in reality they know f**k all! Right............

Randy Couture destroyed chuck liddell in their first fight, and was subsequently knocked out in the other 2 matches. Nothing to be ashamed of, Liddell is seen as the best 205lb fighter in the world by alot of people. Opinions may differ but until he and the pride guys fight (funny how rampage wont take the rematch) everyone is entitled to their opinion. His knockout power is almost legendary - look at his long list of KO's.

Randy is the first and only man to hold the Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight titles in the UFC, holding each title 2x. He manhandled Vitor Belfort when he was deemed unbeatable, and has also beaten Kurt Angle in an amatreur wrestling match.

Nobody knows how Bruce Lee would have fared, but he was very strong for his size and had scary power in his punches and kicks. I have no doubt that he would have been able to beat the shit out of guys like Jens Pulver, Phil baroni etc had he lived in his prime today. Dont look at him as a Kung Fu actor, look at him as a man who adapted to real life situations and designed and perfected a style which is just about perfect. He was very clever and had an ability that has rarely been seen.

when did he beat Angle, that's very interesting.  I've never heard that before.
nasser=piece of shit

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2006, 01:02:21 PM »
This is my opinion, when it comes to this video and his training.Randy Couture is full of sh*t, when it comes to working out. Alot of those movements he did he is jerking the weight. I would say he's a professional fighter, but not a professional weightlifter. He needs to work on that, there's your respect. People look up to this guy and he doesn’t know how to use proper form. It pisses me off, when kids look up to people like this for advise. They the same sh*t he does and screws them self up. Don't believe me then look at it again. He's freaking bouncing the weight when he's doing lunges, not even going all the way down. The moral of this story is train properly, don’t train dumb.

...dude, it's called training for your sport!  Sure it's not going to turn you into a bodybuilders physique, but when you train to fight, 'bad form' is what you're doing in the ring.  His form isn't so terrible, besides.  Most bodybuilders use worse!  His advice would be fine for a fighter to follow.

Theseus

• Getbig I
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2006, 01:26:39 PM »
A lot of these guys cant possibly fathom the idea that someone would lift weights for a reason other than obtaining size. Brutal concept huh ??? Total mind blow, woah!

That guy in the video was talking about randy's workout "from a purely asthetic viewpoint".  but its not as mindblowing as thinking your going to balloon to 500lbs by lifting some big weights.  Its takes alot more than heavy lifting to put on that kind mass; it drives me nuts when i see friends of mine circuit training at the gym when they need to be bulking because they dont want that "body builder" look.  But if you think looking like you belong on a swim team is asthetic have a blast with your 25's.

whats the name of this site again....

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2006, 03:47:48 PM »
The Crocop or Wan fight would be great, but hes already demolished randleman. Hes so much better now than he was even 2 years ago, i cant see anyone beating him in a stand up fight. His ground defence is incredible, apart from Randy when was the last time you saw him being dominated on the ground? He doesnt need ground skills when you can hardly take him down, his power can decide a fight in the blink of an eye

Actually Lidell has not improved much since beating Quinton. He beat a middleweight Jeremy Horn and a 42 year old Randy Couture, big friggin deal. When Couture was at the end of his prime at age 40 he owned Chuck. Also Randleman was robbed against chuck. The Fight was prematurely stopped, Randleman was up literally a second after chuck hit him.
shotgun on the team

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2006, 11:52:29 PM »
Actually Lidell has not improved much since beating Quinton. He beat a middleweight Jeremy Horn and a 42 year old Randy Couture, big friggin deal. When Couture was at the end of his prime at age 40 he owned Chuck. Also Randleman was robbed against chuck. The Fight was prematurely stopped, Randleman was up literally a second after chuck hit him.

BS. Randleman just would've ate a whole lot more punches if the fight hadn't been stopped. He was out.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2006, 07:57:29 AM »
That guy should have a hat in front of him so that people passing by, could throw some money into it! Lollllllllll  ;D ;D ;D
S

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2006, 01:06:34 AM »
dont make excuses for him beating Randy, talking about his age is nothing but a piss poor way of saying he just wasnt good enough against Chuck. After he beat Chuck, he demolished Tito, beat Vitor and dominated Van Arsdale. He could get back in the ring now and beat just about any LHW in the division, Chuck just dominated him with his striking

As for the Randleman fight, let me tell you that had the fight not been stopped then he could have suffered serious damage.
Scouser on Tour

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2006, 07:26:40 AM »
Bull! I will check you man on top of man action website when I come back from the gym.

I will say this. It doesn't matter what style somebody fights its how skilled he is at it. ;) more ownings to come when I come back but here are a few people that would own any mma twat: bruce lee, jackie chan, jet lee, tony jaa, ernesto hoost, mike tyson, MUHAMMAD ALI!

Tyson and Roy jones where offered 1 million a second they can stay in the ring with Royce Gracie win or lose both refused! I was a Golden Gloves boxer my self and I know for a fact boxers are quite useless on the ground! Which is why I into MMA now.

I did karate found weaknesses(took out my 4th degree Black Belt teacher in a sparing session when i was a white belt in 1 punch). Did judo found weaknesses, went on to boxing competed for a few years learned how to punch really hard but still it had weaknesses, did Tai boxing competed for a couple years learned how to kick and elbow and knee really hard but i was still pretty weak on the ground(was in a street fight and almost got killed until i got back on my feet) So I learned jujitsu then BJ which is the far better of the 2. In short to be a well rounded fighter u need to be very well trained in a minimum of 3 martial arts + train hard for that purpose.
Against a normal jo-blows like the ones shooting off their mouths here, almost any style will do. But against an experienced and or trained fighter u must be versatile.

Also fighters do train as displayed by Randy, the reason for his jerky style and form is for take downs! what he's doing is training his body to move as a unit! He's using really light weights, so he's not going to get hurt anyways. And all ppl are telling me here is they don't have the first clue about real fighting. Bruce is one of my idols but still using the style he used in the 70's would get him killed in the ring today. Unless he adapted to the new way of fighting he'd lose, but Bruce would be adapting u can bet on that. So who really knows it's a waste of time to argue about it. My dad had a saying you don't know what u don't know boy!
P