Author Topic: Learning Thread *ISLAM*  (Read 26374 times)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: Learning Thread *ISLAM*
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2006, 09:52:17 AM »
dont worry..i pick em up friday..i'll post emby monday...make sure u have your vaseline ready..
also...our money is generations and generations old..soo how many generations before it becomes heritage??...you're just a bitter bitter man lol

I mean heritage as in:

My great great grandfather helped found New South Wales.

NOT:

My relatives many moons ago raped and pillaged the people of Indian for all their worth. I now benefit from this and brag about it on Getbig.com! I'm so cool!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2006, 10:01:49 AM »
I think religion and culture do tend to get mixed up in this debate.

There are something like 5-6 or major forms of Islam.
Most have their own customs, just like any major denomimation.

I still don't get the notion of Apostasy. Why kill someone for changing religion.
I also don't under stand why secular muslims are not more vocal about the problems with conservative mulsims.
For example most secular christians apose consverative christians.
Z

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2006, 10:17:07 AM »
I also don't under stand why secular muslims are not more vocal about the problems with conservative mulsims.

Because they have the same goal, it's just that one group is vocal about it.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2006, 11:49:23 AM »
I mean heritage as in:

My great great grandfather helped found New South Wales.

NOT:

My relatives many moons ago raped and pillaged the people of Indian for all their worth. I now benefit from this and brag about it on Getbig.com! I'm so cool!

pot..kettel..meh..
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2006, 11:51:46 AM »
I think religion and culture do tend to get mixed up in this debate.

There are something like 5-6 or major forms of Islam.
Most have their own customs, just like any major denomimation.

I still don't get the notion of Apostasy. Why kill someone for changing religion.

actually the koran in plain text says forcing someone to change religion is murder..and an unexcusable sin..

now nord is gonna most some link about killing infidels...from what i know..well hell just watch the video i posted on the " who is afraid of islam " thread on the general....
carpe` vaginum!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2006, 11:55:03 AM »

actually the koran in plain text says forcing someone to change religion is murder..and an unexcusable sin..

now nord is gonna most some link about killing infidels...from what i know..well hell just watch the video i posted on the " who is afraid of islam " thread on the general....

Your evidence is islamic propaganda you fool, zero cred.

I take it straight from the bad book.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2006, 12:05:01 PM »
Your evidence is islamic propaganda you fool, zero cred.

I take it straight from the bad book.

just watch the vid...the only place were the koran says to use force is when you yourself are attacked...of course folks leave that out..
carpe` vaginum!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2006, 12:06:27 PM »
just watch the vid...the only place were the koran says to use force is when you yourself are attacked...of course folks leave that out..

Of course the video leaves out the rest of the koran you mean.

PROPOGANDA
الاسلام هو شيطانية

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2006, 12:37:32 PM »
Toxic-
Do you believe in Apostasy?
Why should a muslim be killed for becoming a christian, or buddist.
Z

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2006, 01:07:40 PM »
Of course the video leaves out the rest of the koran you mean.

PROPOGANDA
Manni, dont make me embarass you by posting the link to that ONE thread again.
follow the arrows

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2006, 01:13:29 PM »
Manni, dont make me embarass you by posting the link to that ONE thread again.

Boring. Post the thread link.

BTW...

Is it true your mother has 1 testicle and 1 ovary?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2006, 04:44:49 PM »
HAHAHAHA, manni...how do I put this without putting you down again. You post and research anti-Islamic links EXCLUSIVELY and refuse to look at a harmless "pro"-islamic videos (wouldn't like to call it that, its just info about islam rather than the propagation of..). Therein lies the problem...zero objectivity, all hatred.
follow the arrows

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2006, 05:27:04 PM »
Toxic-
Do you believe in Apostasy?
Why should a muslim be killed for becoming a christian, or buddist.

i'm from a muslim family and i'm an athiest..i'm still alive...

islam does not say kill people cause they change religion..murder is one of the 5 or so unforgivable sins in islam...(rape..is another)..if ya commit one of these no MATTER HOW MUCH YA REPENT YA GO TO HELL..

also unlike other religions..being muslim does not mean ya automatically go to heaven...

and non muslims can end up in heaven according to islam.haider correct me if i'm wrong
carpe` vaginum!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2006, 06:33:44 PM »
The Quran in a verse describes the Christians, the jews, and the sabians(and ofcourse the MUZZY's!!) as those "who shall not fear nor grieve." Belief in [one] God is key though. Some claim that Muhammed(pbuh) intiallly didnt even preach to the christians and jews...which I can understnad because Muhammed never claimed to have brought a new religion, but merely a continuation of the original Abrahamic religion...I doubt that claim very much though.

As for heaven and hell, even Muhammed didn't know...or claim that he was going to heaven. Humility is a big part of Islam(meaning you do the best u can and hope for the best in this life and the hereafter...leaving it upto God to decide your fate, unlike the christians, and I dont say this negatively, who claim they are going to heaven), which is something you display when u bow down in front of God.
follow the arrows

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2006, 07:18:23 PM »
humility??? u know u r on a bodybuilding site rite haider??lol ;D
carpe` vaginum!

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2006, 09:31:49 PM »
In Christianity non-believers can go to heaven as well.

The Calling of Matthew
 9As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector's booth. "Follow me," he told him, and Matthew got up and followed him.

10While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" came and ate with him and his disciples. 11When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"

12On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'[a] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

True belief in Christ means you automatically go to heaven.
What I have always taken from this is that Non-believers that live a true and just life life can go to heaven as well.

The whole notion of sin gets complicated though as Jesus says everyone is a sinner.
Thanks, Toxic and Haider.
Z

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2006, 02:40:04 AM »
HAHAHAHA, manni...how do I put this without putting you down again. You post and research anti-Islamic links EXCLUSIVELY and refuse to look at a harmless "pro"-islamic videos (wouldn't like to call it that, its just info about islam rather than the propagation of..). Therein lies the problem...zero objectivity, all hatred.

Who said I haven't seen the video?

You can't have it both way muzzy girl. You see to find it acceptable to write off anything negative I say about islam, but believe all the positives you read. Selective objectivism. Typical muslim behaviour the world over.

Toxic, sure your parents haven't killed you because of social demands/responsabilities and laws in the western world.

If you was living in pakistan, iran, any muslim third world shit hole you would be slaughtered.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2006, 08:52:02 AM »
In Christianity non-believers can go to heaven as well.

The Calling of Matthew
 9As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector's booth. "Follow me," he told him, and Matthew got up and followed him.

10While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" came and ate with him and his disciples. 11When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"

12On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'[a] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

True belief in Christ means you automatically go to heaven.
What I have always taken from this is that Non-believers that live a true and just life life can go to heaven as well.

The whole notion of sin gets complicated though as Jesus says everyone is a sinner.
Thanks, Toxic and Haider.

hmm didn't know that..thought ya HAD to accept jesus christ into your heart to get to heaven...

as for sin goes..in silam apparently no one sarts out a sinner...but ech and every action and thought is written down and on the day of judgement the bad and good are weighed..

thanx for the info :)

carpe` vaginum!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2006, 09:17:05 AM »
humility??? u know u r on a bodybuilding site rite haider??lol ;D
hahaha, yes we got plenty of those egomaniac low self-esteem tards here *cough* Nordic *cough*  ;D ;D
follow the arrows

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2006, 09:37:06 AM »
i'm extremly humuluous! :D
carpe` vaginum!

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2006, 01:15:58 PM »
More versus about exceptance
Jhn 10:16      And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/tools/printer-friendly.pl?book=Rom&chapter=2&translation=nltp&x=10&y=13

God's Judgment of Sin
You may be saying, "What terrible people you have been talking about!" But you are just as bad, and you have no excuse! When you say they are wicked and should be punished, you are condemning yourself, for you do these very same things. 2 And we know that God, in his justice, will punish anyone who does such things. 3 Do you think that God will judge and condemn others for doing them and not judge you when you do them, too? 4 Don't you realize how kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Or don't you care? Can't you see how kind he has been in giving you time to turn from your sin?
5 But no, you won't listen. So you are storing up terrible punishment for yourself because of your stubbornness in refusing to turn from your sin. For there is going to come a day of judgment when God, the just judge of all the world, 6 will judge all people according to what they have done. 7 He will give eternal life to those who persist in doing what is good, seeking after the glory and honor and immortality that God offers. 8 But he will pour out his anger and wrath on those who live for themselves, who refuse to obey the truth and practice evil deeds. 9 There will be trouble and calamity for everyone who keeps on sinning-for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. 10 But there will be glory and honor and peace from God for all who do good-for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.
12 God will punish the Gentiles when they sin, even though they never had God's written law. And he will punish the Jews when they sin, for they do have the law. 13 For it is not merely knowing the law that brings God's approval. Those who obey the law will be declared right in God's sight. 14 Even when Gentiles, who do not have God's written law, instinctively follow what the law says, they show that in their hearts they know right from wrong. 15 They demonstrate that God's law is written within them, for their own consciences either accuse them or tell them they are doing what is right. 16 The day will surely come when God, by Jesus Christ, will judge everyone's secret life. This is my message.

http://
Romans 2
The Jews and the Law
17 If you are a Jew, you are relying on God's law for your special relationship with him. You boast that all is well between yourself and God. 18 Yes, you know what he wants; you know right from wrong because you have been taught his law. 19 You are convinced that you are a guide for the blind and a beacon light for people who are lost in darkness without God. 20 You think you can instruct the ignorant and teach children the ways of God. For you are certain that in God's law you have complete knowledge and truth.
21 Well then, if you teach others, why don't you teach yourself? You tell others not to steal, but do you steal? 22 You say it is wrong to commit adultery, but do you do it? You condemn idolatry, but do you steal from pagan temples? 23 You are so proud of knowing the law, but you dishonor God by breaking it. 24 No wonder the Scriptures say, "The world blasphemes the name of God because of you."*
25 The Jewish ceremony of circumcision is worth something only if you obey God's law. But if you don't obey God's law, you are no better off than an uncircumcised Gentile. 26 And if the Gentiles obey God's law, won't God give them all the rights and honors of being his own people? 27 In fact, uncircumcised Gentiles who keep God's law will be much better off than you Jews who are circumcised and know so much about God's law but don't obey it.
28 For you are not a true Jew just because you were born of Jewish parents or because you have gone through the Jewish ceremony of circumcision. 29 No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not a cutting of the body but a change of heart produced by God's Spirit. Whoever has that kind of change seeks praise from God, not from people.
Z

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2006, 01:47:12 PM »
hmm didn't know that..thought ya HAD to accept jesus christ into your heart to get to heaven...

What I believe the bible states is that you MUST accept Christ as Savior to get to heaven.  A_joker10 may interpret that non-believers go to heaven, but I just don't see that. :-\

We ALL ARE sinners, and no one is good enough to get in on their own w/o Christ getting them in.

As for Romans 2:7, Good works do not save but are evidence of a life that has been transformed by Christ. 

Ephesians 2:8,9:  "You are saved by grace through faith and NOT OF WORKS, so that no one can boast."

Romans 6:23:  "For the wages of sin is death, but the GIFT OF GOD is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Acts 16:31:  "..."Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved ...."

John 14:6:  Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me."

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2006, 01:48:35 PM »
Hey Toxy and haider, does Islam takes any stance on evolution versus creation?
R

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2006, 03:12:12 PM »
What I believe the bible states is that you MUST accept Christ as Savior to get to heaven.  A_joker10 may interpret that non-believers go to heaven, but I just don't see that. :-\

We ALL ARE sinners, and no one is good enough to get in on their own w/o Christ getting them in.

As for Romans 2:7, Good works do not save but are evidence of a life that has been transformed by Christ. 

Ephesians 2:8,9:  "You are saved by grace through faith and NOT OF WORKS, so that no one can boast."

Romans 6:23:  "For the wages of sin is death, but the GIFT OF GOD is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Acts 16:31:  "..."Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved ...."

John 14:6:  Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me."

Good point STella.

The only sin that cannot be forgiven, is to not accept God and Jesus as his son.

If you accept this, you will go to heaven.

According to Christianity, but this was about Islam, sorry for the interruption.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2006, 09:58:54 AM »
Hey Toxy and haider, does Islam takes any stance on evolution versus creation?

i wanna know this also...haider?

wat i ws taught ws that adam and eve were munkeys..seriously..to keep in lieu with science...
carpe` vaginum!