Author Topic: NEW Branch + Johnnie Footage - SCARY MOMENT!  (Read 9306 times)

pobrecito

• Getbig V
Re: NEW Branch + Johnnie Footage - SCARY MOMENT!
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 02:08:55 PM »
Branch is an animal, I am not sure if JOJ was helping on those last few reps of 405, but the bar was just flying up like 135 :o

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 02:09:29 PM »
I found this video of Branch and Johnnie from their recent visit to Kuwait. The weight they throw around is pretty impressive, but the craziest part is at the end of Branch's set of 315 - his career could have ended in a split second.

I was particularly impressed by Warren's pressing power at the bottom of the lift. He held the weight on his chest for a couple seconds before exploding upward. Though impresive, it seemed like a quick way to a pec-tear . . .

There are more videos from Kuwait on the right

&mode=related&search=

No need to worry about muscle tears.....Branch can shoulder press 405lbs 20 times.

::)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 02:15:18 PM »
DaddyWaddy is a legend like Achilles.  People have a hard time dealing with superiority, but it is understood.   The lesser being will glorify the legend when he rises to greatness.

i see you have been reading the texts of knowledge my superior friend.
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 02:22:53 PM »
Interesting that she is almost your height.  I usually notice the taller chicks going for guys like DaddyWaddy.

taller chicks definitly go for me but already bindar dundat. but of course unless she is tall and thick like brick
A

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 02:23:42 PM »
Is it just me or does Jackson seem to push the weight (405) up less and less with each successive rep? Also, is that pumping the way most people on here lift? It didn't seem very controlled to me. :-\
I'll admit Branches form is better but still,  that is better form than what I've seen from most of the pros training.  On bench at least.

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2006, 02:36:38 PM »
JOJs always claiming all kinds of strength feats, but warren was definitely more impressive there.  but that bar falling was his fault, not JOJ's, considering he was completely capable of pressing the bar all the way up but simply missed the catch.  its not the spotters job to touch the bar or interfere unless the lifter needs help on the lift.

but the whole time i was watching this video i was expecting a bomb to go off underneath warren and JOJ and have the video operator keep repeating "allah akbar, allah akbar"
its comin today

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2006, 02:37:37 PM »
JOJs always claiming all kinds of strength feats, but warren was definitely more impressive there.  but that bar falling was his fault, not JOJ's, considering he was completely capable of pressing the bar all the way up but simply missed the catch.  its not the spotters job to touch the bar or interfere unless the lifter needs help on the lift.

but the whole time i was watching this video i was expecting a bomb to go off underneath warren and JOJ and have the video operator keep repeating "allah akbar, allah akbar"

Branch has always been stronger on pushing movements than JOJ....JOJ is stronger on pulling movement

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2006, 02:42:11 PM »

I always guide the last rep into the catch when I spot.  A lot of times it can bounce out so it makes sense to just guide the last one in. 

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2006, 03:04:55 PM »
I'll admit Branches form is better but still,  that is better form than what I've seen from most of the pros training.  On bench at least.

That is a little discouraging. I honestly wouldn't ever bench like that. I can't imagine feeling smart training like that. Different strokes for different folks I guess  :-\

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2006, 03:12:05 PM »
monster top of the belly bounce reps.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2006, 03:13:48 PM »
That is a little discouraging. I honestly wouldn't ever bench like that. I can't imagine feeling smart training like that. Different strokes for different folks I guess  :-\
It really depends.  On one hand they are the only pros I ever see benching with the elbows in which takes tremendous amount of strain off the shoulders.  On the other hand, benching like that is not going to develop the pecs as much as benching with your elbows out  and they are bodybuilders so I would imagine they are just training to develop muscle for cosmetic reasons.  So really who knows whats better I guess as long as they are training hard, taking all the drugs and getting enough food and rest it doesnt really matter.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2006, 03:15:45 PM »
did anyone notice that they were the shortest people in the gym?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2006, 03:16:06 PM »
monster top of the belly bounce reps.
Did you even watch the video?  Some of the reps were paused at the bottom for a good 2 seconds.  Neither one of them was arching and even has a belly big enough to bench off.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2006, 03:17:02 PM »
did anyone notice that they were the shortest people in the gym?

the only men shorter than the bbs in most gyms are the mexicans cleaning the toilets.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2006, 03:18:09 PM »
the only men shorter than the bbs in most gyms are the mexicans cleaning the toilets.
hahahahaha, undelay.....undelay....y areeeeeba!!!!!!!!! yareeeeeeeeeba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jaejonna rows 125!!

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2006, 03:20:53 PM »
Did you even watch the video?  Some of the reps were paused at the bottom for a good 2 seconds.  Neither one of them was arching and even has a belly big enough to bench off.

Actually, I have found that pausing at the bottom is a good place to rest instead of up high on the triceps and shoulders. I find I can bang out a few more reps that way sometimes. Anyways, I am glad some others here saw that the form was a little "funny", however, like you said, it seems to be working for them so who cares.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2006, 06:47:27 PM »
Both men are very strong.  Their form is fine and that is how big guys train when using weights they can toss around for reps. 
w

Doublemonk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2006, 07:00:31 PM »
Is it just me or has anybody else the desire to punch the cameraman in the face. What a annoying fuck he is.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2006, 07:02:19 PM »
concerns over form aside, they both have unreasonable thickness to their pecs

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2006, 07:02:57 PM »
There's nothing wrong or "unsafe" with the way they bench. Both of them could easily get 500 with a pause.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2006, 07:03:06 PM »
If only Branch had Dorian's back....he could be the next Mr. O :-X

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2006, 08:47:13 PM »
There's nothing wrong or "unsafe" with the way they bench. Both of them could easily get 500 with a pause.

I don't understand what you mean here, could you please clarify?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2006, 09:44:21 PM »
Tall girls (5 feet 10 inches plus) are funny creatures.

They definitely prefer taller men and even some of the real hot ones put up with absolute shit from tall guys that shorter girls wouldn't dare put up with.

Problem is is that becomes unattractive after a while. I'm 6'3 and prefer girls around 5'3 to 5'5 personally.

Tall girls are great for doggie though... :D

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2006, 09:46:44 PM »
I'm saying that they could bench at least 500 with a pause at the chest, which is what you're supposed to do in powerlifting meets.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2006, 09:54:59 PM »
I saying that they could bench at least 500 with a pause at the chest, which is what you're supposed to do in powerlifting meets.

I don't agree, but to each their own.