Author Topic: Poll: Do you support torture?  (Read 11932 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Poll: Do you support torture?
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2006, 02:20:45 PM »
There could be explosions from gas or steam pipes too I would think. I also think that buildings going down like these towers did is unchartered territory. Theories are fine but who actually can say for certain the characteristics of buildings this big coming down?

According to 240  he can say for certain how a building this big is supposed to fall down after it's been hit by a passenger plane full of fuel.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2006, 02:24:32 PM »
Again.....we're not fighting a military....for Christs sake, they decapitate people!!

Totally beside the point.  The concern over US torture is not about our conflict with THIS particular enemy.  It is about the lives of our current and future soldiers, about us setting the example of reconfiguring our adherence to Geneva’s conventions when it suits our own ends.  Once the US does that it will give a green light to any other country that wants to do that in the future.  It is then that American service men will pay the price.

McCain and Powell know that because they are invested in the lives of servicemen--because they were those servicmen.  Bush and Cheney don’t think in those terms because they couldn’t care less about the lives of servicemen they do not know, will never meet, and regard as disposable.

This is yet another example of Bush/Cheney, in their infinite wisdom, ignoring the counsel of experienced military generals (Powell) and in McCain’s case, a POW!  Once gain, if they go forward with their folly, American servicemen will pay the price with their lives.  :'(

On second thought, who cares?  There are plenty more drone soldiers where they came from... right?  ::)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2006, 02:29:35 PM »
Totally beside the point.  The concern over US torture is not about our conflict with THIS particular enemy.  It is about the lives of our current and future soldiers, about us setting the example of reconfiguring our adherence to Geneva’s conventions when it suits our own ends.  Once the US does that it will give a green light to any other country that wants to do that in the future.  It is then that American service men will pay the price.

McCain and Powell know that because they are invested in the lives of servicemen--because they were those servicmen.  Bush and Cheney don’t think in those terms because they couldn’t care less about the lives of servicemen they do not know, will never meet, and regard as disposable.

good 1st para

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2006, 02:29:48 PM »
1.  Do you support the use of torture by the US Govt, used against people we catch overseas, to get info which is important for national security?

2.  Do you support the use of torture by other nations, used against US military/intel officers captured overseas, when these countries feel it is important for their nat'l security?

I will pretend that the question was concerning Swedish Govt and Swedish officers, since the question is really about if you  believe that the laws of war should be followed by all parties, even your own.. ;)

1. No.

2. No.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2006, 05:18:52 PM »
According to 240  he can say for certain how a building this big is supposed to fall down after it's been hit by a passenger plane full of fuel.

the fuel was all burned up in a few minutes.  your official report says that.  You had less than 20 corrupted floors and 2 small fires on the South Tower.  Yet it ejects steel beam, up and OUT, 500 feet huh?

jeez, I can't believe your mind won't allow the possibility that explosives MAY have been used, and therefore testing some of the materials for residue would be a good idea.

Do you not WANT it to be explosives? Would that make you uncomfortable?  You have a physics professor who has tested a piece, finding explosives and taking it to the FBI. 

They refuse to test any of the building for explosive residue.  They don't want it to be explosives either ;)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2006, 05:38:24 PM »
I haven't followed the conspiracy threads and not to take this thread too far off course, but this pic doesn't help me to think that there were explosives.... not that I'm a demolitions expert but it seems as though the area being pointed to would be more "rounded outwardly" and not so vertical if there had been explosives at that point?

Please, continue w/the torture talk now

R