Author Topic: The worst ARNOLD movie?  (Read 22131 times)

Slick Vic

Re: The worst ARNOLD movie?
« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2006, 05:06:42 AM »
That's why the Back To The Future trilogy is the greatest series of all time...not only did it have smarts, more importantly, it had spunnk, laughs, fun and most crucially, DECENCY and HEART.

If we're talkin' trilogy here you're right, Back to the Future is awesome. But I wouldn't call that my favorite trilogy. That honor goes to the Star Wars trilogy. I know.... I know.... It's a six part story, but breaking it up they are my favorite trilogy.

Being this is an Arnold movie thread you'd think The Terminator trilogy would be mentioned as being great, but I felt that for some odd reason Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines fell away from the first 2 films. T3 was great - as a movie on it's own.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #151 on: October 27, 2006, 07:14:17 AM »
If we're talkin' trilogy here you're right, Back to the Future is awesome. But I wouldn't call that my favorite trilogy. That honor goes to the Star Wars trilogy. I know.... I know.... It's a six part story, but breaking it up they are my favorite trilogy.

Being this is an Arnold movie thread you'd think The Terminator trilogy would be mentioned as being great, but I felt that for some odd reason Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines fell away from the first 2 films. T3 was great - as a movie on it's own.
dude t3 had the most action in it.it had more action than T1 and T2 combined.dude that car chase scene in T3 was mindblowing.i would say t3 was is better than t2
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Slick Vic

« Reply #152 on: October 27, 2006, 08:08:07 AM »
dude t3 had the most action in it.it had more action than T1 and T2 combined.dude that car chase scene in T3 was mindblowing.i would say t3 was is better than t2

I'll admit T3 was better than T2. Terminator 2 seemed more of a drama than action.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2006, 08:29:59 AM »
I'll admit T3 was better than T2. Terminator 2 seemed more of a drama than action.
do you know there are talks of making T4 with arnold in it and i heard that arnie agreed on doing it as soon as his election campaign gets over...i am really looking forward to that movie.
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Slick Vic

« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2006, 08:54:40 AM »
do you know there are talks of making T4 with arnold in it and i heard that arnie agreed on doing it as soon as his election campaign gets over...i am really looking forward to that movie.

Yeah. And I've also heard they were gonna go through with T4 without Arnold. Here's what I got....

Now that it is looking certain the Arnold WILL BE winning a second term as Governor in a few more months, the Austrian Terminator himself will not be returning for a cameo role in TERMINATOR 4, according to the film's scriptwriter.

MICHAEL FERRIS, who co-wrote the project with JOHN BRANCATO, has terminated rumors the California Governor was set to make a short appearance at the beginning of the movie as reported by TheArnoldFans.com. Although this was the original plan, the script needed another rewrite based on Arnold's political career.

He says, "TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES kind of closed the book on Schwarzenegger, as did his gubernatorial career."

As far as the plot, Ferris offers this tease: "You will learn about Skynet and what the postapocalyptic future is like."

Perhaps there will be flashbacks with Arnold from the first three films but NO new cameo scenes. TheArnoldFans.com still plans to attend T4 movie sets and screenings even without Arnold's film involvement. SO still around for future updates.

So who the hell knows....  :-\

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2006, 09:16:19 AM »
Yeah. And I've also heard they were gonna go through with T4 without Arnold. Here's what I got....

Now that it is looking certain the Arnold WILL BE winning a second term as Governor in a few more months, the Austrian Terminator himself will not be returning for a cameo role in TERMINATOR 4, according to the film's scriptwriter.

MICHAEL FERRIS, who co-wrote the project with JOHN BRANCATO, has terminated rumors the California Governor was set to make a short appearance at the beginning of the movie as reported by TheArnoldFans.com. Although this was the original plan, the script needed another rewrite based on Arnold's political career.

He says, "TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES kind of closed the book on Schwarzenegger, as did his gubernatorial career."

As far as the plot, Ferris offers this tease: "You will learn about Skynet and what the postapocalyptic future is like."

Perhaps there will be flashbacks with Arnold from the first three films but NO new cameo scenes. TheArnoldFans.com still plans to attend T4 movie sets and screenings even without Arnold's film involvement. SO still around for future updates.

So who the hell knows....  :-\
actually i read this in the papers that the production of the has not yet started.the script is ready and the director is waiting for arnold to finish up his politcal work..so yeah who the hell knows..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Slick Vic

« Reply #156 on: October 27, 2006, 09:36:42 AM »
You know what would be great is if James Cameron and Arnold got together for Terminator 4 - but that's just wishful thinking.  :'(

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2006, 12:34:51 PM »
T2 > T3

Slick Vic

« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2006, 02:20:00 PM »
T2 > T3

You really think that Knny187? T2 was too much drama and not enough action.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2006, 02:24:28 PM »
I was actually kind of disapointed when I went to see T3 in the theaters. I though it lacked those crazy machines and the story could have been better. Remember in t2 when they have all those terminators fighting on whats left of the earth? Well I was hopping to see that battle. With Arnold recruited in an underground facility, briefed on his missions, bombs, lazers, bullets all over the place.. stuff like that and some boobies wouldn't hurt.
just push some weight!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2006, 02:33:37 PM »
Imagine if Arnold played someone involved in the war that was a great hero or villian and that's why the look was choosen for the T101.

Cause he is old and it would be hard to get back to terminator size.
I

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2006, 02:59:51 PM »
You really think that Knny187? T2 was too much drama and not enough action.

Ok...not one for explaining but here's why....

T2 had much better acting.  EF did seem like a little bratty kid....but that was the whole point.  Arnold seemed like a better Terminator in T2 & in T3 he was not believable (IMO).  The terminator in T3 (arnold) should have walked in that bar & kicked ass for his clothes just like the first 2 movies.  That opening scene alone made me feel the rest of the movie was going to suck.  The chase seen in T3 (firetruck vs crane truck) was soooo much B.S.  Even if two Terminators existed (had the eye/hand coordination of a computer) that crane could not have flipped like it did & all of the other b.s. involved.  The chase scene in T2 just seemed more believeable like it could have happened between two Terminators.

The terminatrix sucked.  She didn't seem "bad" enough.  Ok...she killed alot of people but if she was designed to destroy other terminators....how did Arnold prevail?

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2006, 03:14:16 PM »

T2 had much better acting.  EF did seem like a little bratty kid....but that was the whole point.  Arnold seemed like a better Terminator in T2 & in T3 he was not believable (IMO).  The terminator in T3 (arnold) should have walked in that bar & kicked ass for his clothes just like the first 2 movies.  That opening scene alone made me feel the rest of the movie was going to suck.  The chase seen in T3 (firetruck vs crane truck) was soooo much B.S.  Even if two Terminators existed (had the eye/hand coordination of a computer) that crane could not have flipped like it did & all of the other b.s. involved.  The chase scene in T2 just seemed more believeable like it could have happened between two Terminators.

The terminatrix sucked.  She didn't seem "bad" enough.  Ok...she killed alot of people but if she was designed to destroy other terminators....how did Arnold prevail?

So right it's not even funny, too many movies today just make shit way to unbelievable, whatever happened to action movies with anykind of realism during action scenes.
I

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2006, 03:22:09 PM »
Yeah great post knny.
just push some weight!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2006, 03:38:57 PM »
Hey...it's still an arnold movie....I own it & like it.

Just not my favorite

Slick Vic

« Reply #165 on: October 27, 2006, 04:15:56 PM »

I see your point, Knny187. You're totally right about Arnold's portrayal of the terminator from T2 to T3. He was better in T2. As for the action? Well.... If you're comparing side-by-side like that T2 does come out better.

Knny187, you've changed my mind about T2 being better than T3.... 'cause it is. Guess you can say I had Terminator 3 fever since I had just seen it again the other day. Makes me wanna watch Terminator 2 now.  ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2006, 09:40:49 PM »
the original terminator was much better than the sequels

t2 was much better than t3 though

E
E

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2006, 01:51:01 AM »
i would say the naked gun series,austin powers series and the american pie series are the greatest series of all time.it has everything,sexual humour,nudity,gags,laughs,hilarious etc... ;D

You sack of shit.
Team Goodrum!

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2006, 01:55:35 AM »

Yeah, Star Wars was great as well but Back To The Future was superior due to its all-round balance (like a great physique almost). Hard to find films these days with everything: smarts, warmth, humour & heart.
Team Goodrum!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2006, 03:59:17 AM »
total recall sucked ass

Slick Vic

« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2006, 05:03:27 AM »
the original terminator was much better than the sequels

t2 was much better than t3 though

E

That's how I see it as well, Earl1972.

Of all of Arnold's films his most notable ones are Conan the Barbarian and The Terminator. Both are great films and put Arnold on the map. Conan has those memorable line(s) and gore yet The Terminator has the action and nudity [sorry The GoldenPrince  :P] Of the two, I personally would have to go with none other than The Terminator!  8)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: October 28, 2006, 05:19:48 AM »
That's how I see it as well, Earl1972.

Of all of Arnold's films his most notable ones are Conan the Barbarian and The Terminator. Both are great films and put Arnold on the map. Conan has those memorable line(s) and gore yet The Terminator has the action and nudity [sorry The GoldenPrince  :P] Of the two, I personally would have to go with none other than The Terminator!  8)

Conan knocking out the camel for bumping into him is classic.
I

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #172 on: October 28, 2006, 05:25:51 AM »
I love to hear your little pi ss ant soldiers talking tough, they make me laugh, if john was here, he'd laugh too.

JOHN I CAN TAKE YOU JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

commando best ever

Slick Vic

« Reply #173 on: October 28, 2006, 08:21:32 AM »
Conan knocking out the camel for bumping into him is classic.

hahahaha.... I know it. I laugh every time I see that scene.  :D

Slick Vic

« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2006, 08:22:53 AM »
I love to hear your little pi ss ant soldiers talking tough, they make me laugh, if john was here, he'd laugh too.

JOHN I CAN TAKE YOU JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

commando best ever

Yup! It's a great cheesy movie!  :D