Author Topic: New MD Cover  (Read 11360 times)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Re: New MD Cover
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2006, 01:09:24 PM »
great cover and a deserving bb on the cover as well!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2006, 01:16:24 PM »
Good Photo Shop Of Bill !

I used to be the biggest fan of MD reading every issue from cover to cover.Any time someone would mention MD you would see me post this :

MD RULES !!!!!!

Well not enymore MDis boring now I have not even finished reading last months issue and I probably will not.

R.I.P MD

Stavios

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2006, 01:17:20 PM »
are you gonna subscribe to flex magazine ? :o

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2006, 01:18:15 PM »
no

I'll Just Stick with Getbig.com

Stavios

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2006, 01:22:27 PM »
Great Idea

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2006, 02:16:22 PM »
Good Photo Shop Of Bill !
I used to be the biggest fan of MD reading every issue from cover to cover.Any time someone would mention MD you would see me post this :

MD RULES !!!!!!Well not enymore MDis boring now I have not even finished reading last months issue and I probably will not.
R.I.P MD

same thing i never read all of it either

my MD thread got deleted, it has become boring, I think it needs more nutritional articles and more steroid articles - pics, alot seems repetitive lately.
different methods of training, mass gain diets.

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2006, 02:31:51 PM »
just what i was saying, it's gotten really bad over the last few years..Toney Freeman is probably doing the best out of all of those guys and he struggles to get into the top 6 at a show like the ironman.  Haney, Paris, Christian, Williams, Strydom, Ray, Taylor..they were all threats to just about any pro title when they became pro's except Williams cause he fell off the face of the earth for awhile..now it's a different story.  Did the quality of the champs go down?  I think so, cook is a prime example.  He has loads of potential but he should not be a pro just yet.  He's a work in progress.  Look at Shawn, he could have stepped offstage at the nationals and walked onto the olympia stage looking the exact same and been top 5, maybe even top 3, same with Taylor and guys like levrone.  Martinez took a few years to hit his stride but he's not who I was really tlaking about, more about the supers who are given an overall because they are just big but they get crushed as pro's.  Willmore is a very big man but when I looked at the pics from the nationals I don't think he's gonna do any real damage.

Johnnie O Jackson has won a pro show, and Mike Francois was awesome.

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2006, 02:34:47 PM »
[ date=1140554418]
just what i was saying, it's gotten really bad over the last few years..Toney Freeman is probably doing the best out of all of those guys and he struggles to get into the top 6 at a show like the ironman.  Haney, Paris, Christian, Williams, Strydom, Ray, Taylor..they were all threats to just about any pro title when they became pro's except Williams cause he fell off the face of the earth for awhile..now it's a different story.  Did the quality of the champs go down?  I think so, cook is a prime example.  He has loads of potential but he should not be a pro just yet.  He's a work in progress.  Look at Shawn, he could have stepped offstage at the nationals and walked onto the olympia stage looking the exact same and been top 5, maybe even top 3, same with Taylor and guys like levrone.  Martinez took a few years to hit his stride but he's not who I was really tlaking about, more about the supers who are given an overall because they are just big but they get crushed as pro's.  Willmore is a very big man but when I looked at the pics from the nationals I don't think he's gonna do any real damage.
[/quote]
If you have been to any of the Nationals, you would have seen that the victories of most of the overall winners were correct.  They were the best that day.  One could argue a few decisions like Cook's--but on that night--he was his best ever.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2006, 02:59:17 PM »
If you have been to any of the Nationals, you would have seen that the victories of most of the overall winners were correct.  They were the best that day.  One could argue a few decisions like Cook's--but on that night--he was his best ever.

Yes, they were the deserving winners BUT perhaps the depth and overall quality of the Nationals competitors is not what it used to be, based on the overall winners' record in pro competition in recent years.

Maybe that has to do with bodybuilding not being as popular as it was in the 80's and 90's, therefore there are going to be less standout competitors because the "best and brightest" are involved in other, more rewarding, sports.  I don't know that for a fact, just a guess.  Any other ideas why?

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2006, 03:15:04 PM »
Yes, they were the deserving winners BUT perhaps the depth and overall quality of the Nationals competitors is not what it used to be, based on the overall winners' record in pro competition in recent years.
Maybe that has to do with bodybuilding not being as popular as it was in the 80's and 90's, therefore there are going to be less standout competitors because the "best and brightest" are involved in other, more rewarding, sports.  I don't know that for a fact, just a guess.  Any other ideas why?

I believe that is part of the answer.  But you have to look at some situations, that certain bodybuilders can be great amateurs but can't adapt to the pro level.  For example:  Jason Arntz was incredible when he won the Nationals--he had the best overall package.  But as a pro, he can't do shit--too small/physique reached it's peak in '98.  Look at the Super Heavyweight he beat for the overall--Orville Burke!  He had a decent pro career before his near death scare.  Basically, he improved as a pro while the overall winner didn't.  I personally see Bill Whitmore improving as a pro.

Big Lee

• Getbig II
  • Roadhouse was a great movie.
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2006, 03:27:47 PM »
A friend of mine is a phot expert and he said the last 3 covers have certainly, no doubt been photoshopped to make ronnie, gus and now bill look bigger.  Shame, ronnie is big enough without it.

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2006, 03:40:58 PM »
Wow MD are posting on getbig now  :o but dont they moan every month about how awful these chat rooms r with all the hateing and stuff? they went from a steroid hating nat mag to a steroid loving freak mag and now posting on the boards they hate!!! i love this sport :D

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2006, 03:46:43 PM »
Awesome News!
Congrats on the COVER and again to Big Bill Wilmore NPC Overall National Champion 2005, making his pro Debut at the:
Colorado Pro Classic May 13th in Denver!
Tickets, Events, Athletes, Prizes, Hotel and Info @
www.coloradoproshow.com
Peace,
S. Ray

you really hold your own in that pic shawn.
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2006, 04:03:09 PM »
you really hold your own in that pic shawn.

Shawn is struggling to hold that shirt up.

Cool Black Clyde

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2006, 04:22:07 PM »
Which title should we go with: "Photoshop Development" or "Muscular Photoshop"?

That's very slimey even for a bodybuilding rag.  Fans depend on accurate photos.  Like their Ronnie cover, that doesn't even look like him.  In the Vyotech ad of the exact same shot at the exact same contest, his arms and delts are half as big and his head is twice the size.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2006, 04:31:08 PM »
Which title should we go with: "Photoshop Development" or "Muscular Photoshop"?

That's very slimey even for a bodybuilding rag.  Fans depend on accurate photos.  Like their Ronnie cover, that doesn't even look like him.  In the Vyotech ad of the exact same shot at the exact same contest, his arms and delts are half as big and his head is twice the size.

I vote for Muscular Photoshop.

Seriously, I can’t believe people are acting like this is news.  Where have you all been?  Magazines have been doing this sort of thing for more than 20 years. 

The fact is magazines like Vogue, Cosmo, and Muscular Development are not selling reality; they are selling a fantasy, more specifically they are selling supplements & make up products that bring buyers closer to the fantasy.

If all the magazines took a pledge and certified that their photos are original and undoctored the photos you are used to seeing would look radically different and magazine sales would plummet.  In other words, consumers want the fantasy. 

Anyone over 15 is too old to be surprised by this “revelation.”

Snotroot

• Getbig II
  • Burn bitches !!
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2006, 04:34:02 PM »
are you saying false hope.................... . Cause that's what I used to sell at my gym.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2006, 04:36:57 PM »
Actually, if it weren't for Bill holding my hand, I probably would have fallen over :-\

hillbilly

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2006, 04:39:56 PM »
Actually, if it weren't for Bill holding my hand, I probably would have fallen over :-\

were u gonna fall off the box u were standing on  :D

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2006, 04:49:22 PM »

i knew it shawn is coming back to compete again, the diet is getting to him if he cant even stand up. ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2006, 04:50:23 PM »
i knew it shawn is coming back to compete again, the diet is getting to him if he cant even stand up. ;D

Not only that, but he's holding mens' hands again. What's next?  ::)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2006, 04:54:38 PM »
bill is such a bear of a man

hillbilly

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2006, 04:56:22 PM »
bill is such a bear of a man

Yeah i can see y shawn likes him  :D

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2006, 08:03:25 PM »
the last few over all national champs have not really done anything on the pro level.  Duvall is out of the "sport" Cook is floundering around...I never thought he was all that good...now Willmore...I just don't see him doing all that well.  I might be wrong, who knows.  It seems like they award size, as in "he's a super heavy so give it to him" over anything else.   Yeah it looks good on paper when a 250+ pounder wins but if they are not complete and polished they shouldn't get the overall.  Back in the day a guy like Shawn or Vince Taylor or Strydom could win the overall at the nationals and step right on a pro stage and be a force, now a days the over all winner-usually the SH-is getting smoked by everyone else he beat to be a pro.  Get rid of the SH class, it's a joke.

I have to disagree with you..Duvall, Cook have/had what it takes physically but they lost focus somewhere along the ride. Willmore is more focused than ever and he will be an excellent pro.
As for "back in the day" Strydom was all shoulders...no back, hams or calves....

The SH class is for true super heavyweights..not insecure heavyweights.
JM

hillbilly

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2006, 08:09:10 PM »
I have to disagree with you..Duvall, Cook have/had what it takes physically but they lost focus somewhere along the ride. Willmore is more focused than ever and he will be an excellent pro.
As for "back in the day" Strydom was all shoulders...no back, hams or calves....
The SH class is for true super heavyweights..not insecure heavyweights.

i agree with u as far as mat duvall is concerned. but cook losing focus? he always found it hard to come in dry in the NPC and he was hailed as one of the most focused guys there. it seems to me that maybe chris's boby doesnt get in condition as easy as some pros! i mean take dex he admits its alot easyer for him than most! maybe chris is on the opposite end of the scale?