Author Topic: only atheists are allowed to post in this thread.  (Read 106149 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: tbombz facebook post from today & free religious sermon by MOS!
« Reply #575 on: June 15, 2015, 07:46:16 AM »
X2. One extreme to the other with the exact same mind set. The boy hasn't learned a damn thing.

Tbombz will never learn a middle ground with anything. Its "ALL-OR-NOTHING." He will be like this his entire life.

Unfortunately, people like MOS keep this type of behavior going with Tbombz. Instead of taking an objective view of the matter, he is supporting Tbombz continued arrogance. In my opinion, its not Tbombz spreading his "faith," its arrogance. It oozes out of very pore. That is why people react differently to MOS than they do to Tbombz. Tbombz has this sense about him, and while MOS and Tbombz both hold similar viewpoints, Tbombz comes off as condescending, as he always has. That is why he gets a continued reaction from just about everyone here. I hope MOS can talk to him about this. I surmise that arrogance and scripture do not go hand-in-hand.
X

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #576 on: June 15, 2015, 08:10:46 AM »
Imho T should become either a Quaker or an Amish.  I could see him raising a barn.

I always liked that scene.  Makes me feel like raising a barn.  And everybody'd be all "Dayum, look at dat English raise dat barn.  Hey English, you sure this is is yur first barn raising?"

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #577 on: June 15, 2015, 08:21:31 AM »
TBombz, let me first say I sincerely respect your new found faith and direction for your life.
No doubt we both agree your "past lifestyle" was headed no where. Granted, I may do some good natured clowning about some of your past antics , but I'm glad you're headed in a more meaningful direction.

But, with all due respect, your attempt to use some creationist mumbo jumbo to debate proven physics, is pointless. Our disagreements on the origins of the Universe or how to worship GOD, don't matter.
What does matter is,  YOU , decided to move in a more meaningful and positive direction with your life.
God bless you Taylor. All the best to stay the course in your new vocation.

=tbombz link=topic=572405.msg8094421#msg8094421 date=1434325583]
Hey Howard.

I am glad to try to help you understand the "Creationist" perspective.

As for your question about the data collected from the hubble telescope, and trying to use that data to determine the "age of the universe"..

Well, there are various ways of interpreting the data.
For example.. does light always move at the same speed everywhere in the universe?
Has light always moved at the same speed throughout all time?
Are red shifts really a reliable measure of distance (empirical data says otherwise)?

But, those questions aside, there are ways in which "the universe" can be both 6,000 years old and 14 billion years old at the same time.
You see, time is relative.

Here is a great video on the subject (you can fast forward to the 16:45 mark)

Here are some good articles on the subject

http://creation.com/new-time-dilation-helps-creation-cosmology

http://creation.com/distant-starlight-and-genesis-conventions-of-time-measurement

http://creation.com/our-galaxy-is-the-centre-of-the-universe-quantized-redshifts-show

[/quote]

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #578 on: June 15, 2015, 08:23:59 AM »
TBombz, let me first say I sincerely respect your new found faith and direction for your life.
No doubt we both agree your "past lifestyle" was headed no where. Granted, I may do some good natured clowning about some of your past antics , but I'm glad you're headed in a more meaningful direction.

But, with all due respect, your attempt to use some creationist mumbo jumbo to debate proven physics, is pointless. Our disagreements on the origins of the Universe or how to worship GOD, don't matter.
What does matter is,  YOU , decided to move in a more meaningful and positive direction with your life.
God bless you Taylor. All the best to stay the course in your new vocation.

=tbombz link=topic=572405.msg8094421#msg8094421 date=1434325583]
Hey Howard.

I am glad to try to help you understand the "Creationist" perspective.

As for your question about the data collected from the hubble telescope, and trying to use that data to determine the "age of the universe"..

Well, there are various ways of interpreting the data.
For example.. does light always move at the same speed everywhere in the universe?
Has light always moved at the same speed throughout all time?
Are red shifts really a reliable measure of distance (empirical data says otherwise)?

But, those questions aside, there are ways in which "the universe" can be both 6,000 years old and 14 billion years old at the same time.
You see, time is relative.

Here is a great video on the subject (you can fast forward to the 16:45 mark)

Here are some good articles on the subject

http://creation.com/new-time-dilation-helps-creation-cosmology

http://creation.com/distant-starlight-and-genesis-conventions-of-time-measurement

http://creation.com/our-galaxy-is-the-centre-of-the-universe-quantized-redshifts-show

Youre just trying to get on his good side, in hopes that he will send you some unpublished pictures of him in a bunny costume.
X

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #579 on: June 15, 2015, 08:25:35 AM »
Tbombz will never learn a middle ground with anything. Its "ALL-OR-NOTHING." He will be like this his entire life.

Unfortunately, people like MOS keep this type of behavior going with Tbombz. Instead of taking an objective view of the matter, he is supporting Tbombz continued arrogance. In my opinion, its not Tbombz spreading his "faith," its arrogance. It oozes out of very pore. That is why people react differently to MOS than they do to Tbombz. Tbombz has this sense about him, and while MOS and Tbombz both hold similar viewpoints, Tbombz comes off as condescending, as he always has. That is why he gets a continued reaction from just about everyone here. I hope MOS can talk to him about this. I surmise that arrogance and scripture do not go hand-in-hand.

TBOMBZ may not use the same moderate reasoning on life decisions that most here take for granted.
But, he's finished his under grad degree now and headed for the seminary with more meaningful life.

Much as we love the bunny pics and story, being a men's carrot receptacle was no kind of life  ;D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #580 on: June 15, 2015, 08:27:10 AM »
Youre just trying to get on his good side, in hopes that he will send you some unpublished pictures of him in a bunny costume.

what? I'm the only getbigger with hopes of that happening? ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #581 on: June 15, 2015, 08:31:07 AM »
TBOMBZ may not use the same moderate reasoning on life decisions that most here take for granted.
But, he's finished his under grad degree now and headed for the seminary with more meaningful life.

Much as we love the bunny pics and story, being a men's carrot receptacle was no kind of life  ;D

All good, but it still doesn't take away from his arrogance. This has not changed, nor will it ever change.

I mean, I think most people have a sense of arrogance when they debate. Always thinking they are right. But Tbombz takes it to a whole other level. I mean, look at him trying to justify his unprotected, promiscuous lifestyle. And, look at the result. A result of arrogance.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #582 on: June 15, 2015, 08:33:51 AM »

I get what you're saying and from your chair I can see how easily it could be perceived as such.  

It's kinda like, "two years ago he was adamant about how it was fine to engage in this or that, but today he's found God and now's he's adamant that those same things are absolutely wrong to do.  He preached to me as an unbeliever and now he's still preaching to me as a believer."

What I see is that some folks only focus on the fact that he's "still adamant", but very little on "why he's adamant yet changed today".  

Most will just say, "duh, he found God."  Ok fine, but what does that mean?   What happened?  What changed?  Those questions aren't being asked.  

What I find is that folks that desire to know more about God pursue those types of questions.   Those that are atheist tend to dismiss those questions immediately because they find them rather meaningless.  You might find an atheist who will entertain the answers, but it's pretty rare.   Yet, the answers to those questions are the crux of the discussion.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #583 on: June 15, 2015, 08:39:27 AM »
I get what you're saying and from your chair I can see how easily it could be perceived as such.  

It's kinda like, "two years ago he was adamant about how it was fine to engage in this or that, but today he's found God and now's he's adamant that those same things are absolutely wrong to do.  He preached to me as an unbeliever and now he's still preaching to me as a believer."

What I see is that some folks only focus on the fact that he's "still adamant", but very little on "why he's adamant yet changed today".  

Most will just say, "duh, he found God."  Ok fine, but what does that mean?   What happened?  What changed?  Those questions aren't being asked.  

What I find is that folks that desire to know more about God pursue those types of questions.   Those that are atheist tend to dismiss those questions immediately because they find them rather meaningless.  You might find an atheist who will entertain the answers, but it's pretty rare.   Yet, the answers to those questions are the crux of the discussion.

This has absolutely nothing to do with finding God. This is about Tbombz personality. Who he is, independent of religion.

As you know, you can be a theist and still be a condescending, pompous asshole. Trust me, there are many of them out there. Tbombz is one of them.

If I was going to entertain the idea of a God existing, I would NOT go to someone like Tbombz because of his personality. Id go to someone like you.

Again, this has nothing to do with his religion. Its more about Tbombz personality.

I am sorry that you cannot see the difference. One's religious faith does not always dictate one's personality. As I stated previously, you can be a theist and still be very condescending and arrogant. This is Tbombz.
X

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #584 on: June 15, 2015, 09:24:30 AM »
Other way how? The priests want the blowjobs? Whatever. But we both know closeted queers usually seek out dicks, not mouths.

To blow or be blown...that is the question many getbiggers ponder. :D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #585 on: June 15, 2015, 09:27:51 AM »
All good, but it still doesn't take away from his arrogance. This has not changed, nor will it ever change.

I mean, I think most people have a sense of arrogance when they debate. Always thinking they are right. But Tbombz takes it to a whole other level. I mean, look at him trying to justify his unprotected, promiscuous lifestyle. And, look at the result. A result of arrogance.

Fair enough and I don't disagree with your main pt here.
I'm just looking at the practical , daily lifestyle when it comes to TBOMBZ.

I don't care  WHAT drove him out of the bunny suit.
The ONLY thing that matters is his life is headed into a more positive direction.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #586 on: June 15, 2015, 10:49:28 AM »
pun intended? ^^

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #587 on: June 15, 2015, 10:51:43 AM »
This has absolutely nothing to do with finding God. This is about Tbombz personality. Who he is, independent of religion.

As you know, you can be a theist and still be a condescending, pompous asshole. Trust me, there are many of them out there. Tbombz is one of them.

If I was going to entertain the idea of a God existing, I would NOT go to someone like Tbombz because of his personality. Id go to someone like you.

Again, this has nothing to do with his religion. Its more about Tbombz personality.

I am sorry that you cannot see the difference. One's religious faith does not always dictate one's personality. As I stated previously, you can be a theist and still be very condescending and arrogant. This is Tbombz.

I hear you....I do.

The thing is that before God performed a wondeful work in Taylor's life he admits that he denied Christ and he lived according to his own terms only.   Today he boasts only in Christ and goes forth confidently from that place.

Problem is you don't make a distinction between his former selfish arrogance and his confidence in Christ today.  He stands on a platform of sharing Christ today and uses his former self as an example of what not to do.  Although the standard of "what not to do" isn't grounded in Taylor.....it's grounded in Christ.

I get that you're trying to link his past and present together while removing God via a claim of "this has absolutely nothing to do with finding God" and concentrating on he's still a "condescending, pompous asshole".  He used to live in sin, but he now chooses to turn from that sin and live according to Christ's will for his life and thereby affirms the teachings of Christ.  Because he speaks out against engaging in various sin just a Christ did and as Christ called his church to do Taylor is labeled as unchanged in personality.   The "condescending, pompous asshole" label just doesn't fit anymore.

Now, will you agree with anything I just posted?  No LOL.  

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #588 on: June 15, 2015, 10:57:45 AM »
on those grounds are all evangelicals exempt from curtailing their arrogance as it can now be justified as sharing from the platform of Christ? Its just spiritual passion now trying to save the heathens like myself.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #589 on: June 15, 2015, 11:05:11 AM »
I hear you....I do.

The thing is that before God performed a wondeful work in Taylor's life he admits that he denied Christ and he lived according to his own terms only.   Today he boasts only in Christ and goes forth confidently from that place.

Problem is you don't make a distinction between his former selfish arrogance and his confidence in Christ today.  He stands on a platform of sharing Christ today and uses his former self as an example of what not to do.  Although the standard of "what not to do" isn't grounded in Taylor.....it's grounded in Christ.

I get that you're trying to link his past and present together while removing God via a claim of "this has absolutely nothing to do with finding God" and concentrating on he's still a "condescending, pompous asshole".  He used to live in sin, but he now chooses to turn from that sin and live according to Christ's will for his life and thereby affirms the teachings of Christ.  Because he speaks out against engaging in various sin just a Christ did and as Christ called his church to do Taylor is labeled as unchanged in personality.   The "condescending, pompous asshole" label just doesn't fit anymore.

I agree with this bit...

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #590 on: June 15, 2015, 11:07:36 AM »
There are atheist who strive for perfection because they ve been raised to do so, they eliminated the competition and rose to the highest, most powerful places in society, they re highly valuable , contribute a lot , are role models, and ...they dont believe in any god.

And there are despicable, hypocritical , lying "believers" who only contribute to society by claiming constantly they re holier than everyone else.

Fact is, there is no need for religion and the belief in a god to become useful in society, for for your species. All depends of your education, and education can create strong individuals without including the reference to any god.

In fact all that matter is to be a better competitor than others to survive and dominate , have a better preparation and more luck than others. This is what actually decides of your place in the social ladder, also known as the food chain. No need for any god.

It s not the most religious families who produce the most important, rarest, ideolized individuals, its the toughest, most pernicious and willing to do it all to survive families who produce them. And more often than not, there is nothing godly in the way they rose to power in their society/species.

The biggest , smartest, fastest assholes get the most fun, while the weaker individuals have to submit to them hoping to one day rise to their level. Most only want their protection.

There is no need to believe in a god to become dominant, it all depends of your education. Any kind of efficient education, that molds a kid to become the biggest manipulative asshole, is all that is needed to get there. No need for any god to raise a superior offspring that will dominate. Just teach it how to kill instead of being killed.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #591 on: June 15, 2015, 11:14:32 AM »
I hear you....I do.

Nope, I will not agree with anything you're saying because its simply not true (in my opinion).

Yes, the label still does fit. Again, one can "boast" about God without sounding condescending and pompous. There is something about Tbombz that just comes off this way. This behavior has been consistent in the past and present. Many people on here feel it.  In fact, if you read Tbombz facebook, others have called him out also (friends and family). When you have this many people experiencing the same behavior, both past and present, its time to re-evaluate how you go about approaching people about ANY topic. There is always room for improvement regarding how we relate to others. If you're saying that Tbombz is 100% perfect in how he relates to others, then you're deluded. That does not apply to anyone, even those who find Christ. We can all improve the way we relate to others. For Tbombz, its not coming off as condescending and pompous.  One can sound condescending and pompous, despite still engaging in good deeds. Tbombz has always had odd social skills about him, past and present.

MOS: "Hey, man, I sincerely desire that you find God in your life. I care about you."
Tbombz: "Youre going to burn in hell for all eternity. Even you so-called Christians are not Christians. I am right and you're wrong."

I think many people experience tbombz as this. I know I do.

Another example (vegan example):

Vegan 1: "Hey, I think eating a vegan diet is more healthy. Here is some of the research on it. Perhaps we can discuss it."
Vegan 2: "You're an asshole if you eat meat and youre going to die early. I hope you get cancer from eating all that meat. Plus, you hate animals."

If you can't tell the difference between the two examples I provided, then you're as misguided about Tbombz. Again, its how you go about any topic!!
X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #592 on: June 15, 2015, 11:24:44 AM »
Begs the question; Have you personally had bad experiences with Priests?

Fucking brilliant. Because only molested altar boys are aware of the front page priests scandal.

Once again, well done.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #593 on: June 15, 2015, 11:29:51 AM »
;D I could really do with an answer here too, i've been wanting an Omega Seamaster really badly now for a few weeks, after feeling humiliated, emasculated and ridiculed upon viewing the numerous watch threads here. I'm an animal lover so i'm not willing to sacrifice a goat, but I suppose i'd be willing to flick the devil horns at an OAP or set fire to a church or something.  Christians...any tips?

Devil is involved in every earthly affair, tempting and tricking left and right, can't get away from the fucker. But come to him with a little business proposition, he's ass and elbows.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #594 on: June 15, 2015, 11:57:09 AM »
Devil is involved in every earthly affair, tempting and tricking left and right, can't get away from the fucker. But come to him with a little business proposition, he's ass and elbows.

I think explains it well...

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #595 on: June 15, 2015, 12:01:35 PM »

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #596 on: June 15, 2015, 12:31:19 PM »
Tbombz once tried to traverse Meinong's jungle, but got distracted by a troop of bonobos atop of Porphyry's tree before finally mounting Buridan's ass.

Gentlemen, you're spinning your wheels. First, it is accepted that the Love of Christ should recognize no bounds. Even Judas, vilified for centuries, loved Christ so much that he alone among the disciples took on the burden of necessary betrayal. So, the issue at hand naturally leads us to an attempted resolution of the seemingly impossible and most unpleasant. I'm speaking, of course, of the Assbunny Paradox, which is formally presented as a Y/N interrogative. Quaestio: Will Tbombz assfuck for Christ? If the answer is 'No,' his love is not genuine because it recognizes limits (a violation of Matthew 22:37); if the answer is 'Yes,' his love for Christ is not genuine because it violates His laws (Romans 1:26). Neither Godel nor Tarski nor Von Neumann nor Ricky Martin could resolve this perplexing conundrum. Poor pAsstor Tbombz.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #597 on: June 15, 2015, 02:06:47 PM »
Tbombz once tried to traverse Meinong's jungle, but got distracted by a troop of bonobos atop of Porphyry's tree before finally mounting Buridan's ass.

Gentlemen, you're spinning your wheels. First, it is accepted that the Love of Christ should recognize no bounds. Even Judas, vilified for centuries, loved Christ so much that he alone among the disciples took on the burden of necessary betrayal. So, the issue at hand naturally leads us to an attempted resolution of the seemingly impossible and most unpleasant. I'm speaking, of course, of the Assbunny Paradox, which is formally presented as a Y/N interrogative. Quaestio: Will Tbombz assfuck for Christ? If the answer is 'No,' his love is not genuine because it recognizes limits (a violation of Matthew 22:37); if the answer is 'Yes,' his love for Christ is not genuine because it violates His laws (Romans 1:26). Neither Godel nor Tarski nor Von Neumann nor Ricky Martin could resolve this perplexing conundrum. Poor pAsstor Tbombz.

Interesting food for thought there.
TBombz is doomed,  be he ass MASTER or ass BLASTER.
Such is the ying and yang of life on getbig.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #598 on: June 15, 2015, 02:13:15 PM »
The praying for you part is almost condescending, kind of like how you imagine God to be towards someone who has no fear of hell.  

My eyes ears and nose are working very well thank you. Your dogmatic mind is keeping you from communing with the holy spirit inside of you. "Open your heart Judas not your mind" you and your fellow born agains are stuck on believing in the right way rather than the opening of the spiritual heart which is full of faith and devotion to god and sees the divine as the living essence of manifest things not just those who believe the same script.

The gospels were not written by Jesus disciples. I don't accept some things from the bible because the bible says so, but because they ring true with me on a deeper level and have concordance with universal spiritual wisdom.

The realization of the kingdom of heaven and the "I am a sinner" mantra are not compatible. At some stage you will need to drop this mantra and know yourself to be a divine child of god, perfect and free.  

What you are saying to me is this:

"I accept as truth only those things which tickle the fancy of my sinful heart"

If your god never disagrees with you, then you are only worshiping an idealized version of yourself.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #599 on: June 15, 2015, 02:14:44 PM »
Did you see him, hear him, or just feel him?
I saw God, I heard God, I felt God.

Even more, I experienced God!

:)