Author Topic: only atheists are allowed to post in this thread.  (Read 105711 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: tbombz facebook post from today & free religious sermon by MOS!
« Reply #800 on: April 26, 2016, 06:50:36 AM »
Glad we can agree on this point.

You understand this type of back and forth is meaningless.....it's essentially I say "no" and you say "yes" stuff. 

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #801 on: April 26, 2016, 12:08:14 PM »

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #802 on: April 26, 2016, 12:10:07 PM »
You understand this type of back and forth is meaningless.....it's essentially I say "no" and you say "yes" stuff. 

And thus, the dialectic continues....

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #803 on: April 27, 2016, 02:24:15 PM »
As for myself, I did study other religions. I was intensely spiritual for years before I became a Christian. At one point I very strongly considered becoming a Muslim. I spent years obsessively, passionately worshipping God before I became a Christian. I meditated for hours everyday. My mind was open to every conceivable possibility, and I thoroughly considered them all - I prided myself on it.  And along the way God did answer some of my prayers. But my relationship with Him was very distant. I knew He existed and I searched for Him with all of my being. But I absolutely rejected Jesus Christ as the Son of God and I was disgusted by the biblical ethic. If you go back into my post history before I was a Christian you can find me arguing with Man of Steel about this subject. He was talking about his experiences with God and I was trying to reason with him just like you are now. Sadly my arguments were much better than the ones you are now using against him. I did not want to be Christian. I am one now only because God dragged me kicking and screaming. Even to this day I confess that my human heart lusts against God. But I cannot deny what I have seen with my own eyes, heard with my own ears, and tasted with my own lips. Asking Man of Steel and I to consider the idea that we are wrong about Jesus is like asking yourself if you could be wrong about the very fact of your own existence. It is undeniable.

Again, why did you reject the religions you "studied"? Saying you were "spiritual" is as vague as saying you believed in a "higher being", with the amount of woo-woo that exists in California and especially the recreational drugs you were taking from a young age, I shudder to think what qualified as "intensely spiritual" for you.

Back to my question though, which you didn't really answer to the point, why did you choose Christianity over other religions, like Islam which you say you studied, or Buddhism which is especially popular in California? On what criteria did you decide that Christianity is the one true faith, and why are all other religions false?

Sadly my arguments were much better than the ones you are now using against him.

Show me. As I remember you were not very intelligent, just a bit of a smart-arse.

One day you will know. It might be too late to save you, but you will know one day.

This is the tbombz I remember, the smug punk who was always telling people what they were doing wrong. Not only has that part of your personality remained intact (God hasn't helped much here), there is now the added element of sanctimonious self-righteousness.

Rest assured, I do not need to be saved from anything. God does not exist, the world is rudderless but also full of meaning. A certain kind of freedom comes with this realisation and it is up to each person to use it as they can. You abused yours and so it had to be taken away from you in order to survive. For the rest of us who make the most out of our freedom, we are able to see and understand the world dispassionately. There are no illusions as to what is.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #804 on: April 28, 2016, 02:53:23 AM »
Exactly.

Happy Nutday (esp. @5:20+)

Jesus christ, look at his face, he is so unstable it's not funny.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #805 on: June 20, 2016, 08:12:07 PM »

Gotta love this "God gave his only son" nonsense the freak's so excited about. Like He didn't get him back the second he was "given."

Fucking dummy.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #806 on: June 21, 2016, 04:52:13 AM »
Gotta love this "God gave his only son" nonsense the freak's so excited about. Like He didn't get him back the second he was "given."

Fucking dummy.

What kind of sacrifice was it? Jesus knew he was going to heaven, he wasn't actually going to die, it's empty.

Fuck, if you told me for sure I am going to heaven, you can sacrifice me in any way you want for eternal bliss.

The real kicker is that this act of sacrifice, giving his only son is suppose to be the ultimate sign of love? sacrificing your son in human form? It almost sounds like a story written by medievil people.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #807 on: June 21, 2016, 05:03:58 PM »

tbombz said himself that he found God when he was in jail, probably in isolation, and he was having a detox from meth and other drugs. He wrote about it somewhere, but I didn't save that post or wherever I read it from. It must have been quite painful to go cold turkey on so many drugs that he was taking before he went to prison, and somehow this new faith in God maybe got him through it.

But his new fundamentalist / extremist version of christianity is not healthy for him.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: tbombz facebook post from today
« Reply #808 on: October 28, 2016, 12:48:26 PM »
One time a Hardcore Bunny with a hole in the rear of his bunnysuit, now Hardcore Religious! :D

Now back to bunny`?
Q

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: only atheists are allowed to post in this thread.
« Reply #809 on: October 28, 2016, 01:41:43 PM »
"God ist tot, the lord is fort..."

Quote by..?

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
Re: only atheists are allowed to post in this thread.
« Reply #810 on: October 28, 2016, 05:35:24 PM »
"God ist tot, the lord is fort..."

Quote by..?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch