Author Topic: only atheists are allowed to post in this thread.  (Read 105060 times)

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Re: tbombz facebook post from today & free religious sermon by MOS!
« Reply #775 on: April 25, 2016, 12:20:45 PM »
Because that isn't what Taylor stated and his life clearly demonstrates a righteous change because of Jesus Christ.

Why would Taylor live for Christ and serve Christ in all he does if he merely pulled himself up by the boot straps?  Why give Christ glory if it was all Taylor?

I know and recognize the change because of my own encounter with Jesus Christ.

Exactly, this is called confirmation bias. Anything I say won't matter in the slightest. You see the hand of God everywhere because you want to, it's like an Israelite in the Bronze Age watching an eclipse thinking God is trying to tell him something.

You use the phrase "righteous change", if you trust Taylor to interpret his experience for you, why don't you ask him if he is still attracted to men?  

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #776 on: April 25, 2016, 12:26:26 PM »
Exactly, this is called confirmation bias. Anything I say won't matter in the slightest. You see the hand of God everywhere because you want to, it's like an Israelite in the Bronze Age watching an eclipse thinking God is trying to tell him something.

You use the phrase "righteous change", if you trust Taylor to interpret his experience for you, why don't you ask him if he is still attracted to men?  

Confirmation bias is a logical fallacy based on a concept or ideas.  

My experience is a definite event not a concept or idea.....neither is Taylor's.

Per you application of the confirmation bias fallacy the entirety of religion could be disqualified because of confirmation bias.  Everything to the nonbeliever is merely a concept with no real life experience with which to ground them.

Taylor and I have talked many times and shared our testimonies with one another.  He's a brother in Christ.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: tbombz facebook post from today
« Reply #777 on: April 25, 2016, 12:35:15 PM »
tbombz always had all the answers, back then he was high on drugs and posting incoherent rants on facebook, now he is high on religion and doing the same thing.

He replaced one affliction with another.

This is not uncommon. Many addicts replace one addiction with another. It is possible that "twelve step" programs put these folks on the religious path.

My sister found religion when she entered a recovery program some 20 years ago. For years she attended NA meetings everyday. She's currently down to about once a week now.

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #778 on: April 25, 2016, 12:41:36 PM »

My experience is a definite event not a concept or idea.....neither is Taylor's.

Your subjective experience relates to a concept called god.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #779 on: April 25, 2016, 12:44:31 PM »
This is not uncommon. Many addicts replace one addiction with another. It is possible that "twelve step" programs put these folks on the religious path.

My sister found religion when she entered a recovery program some 20 years ago. For years she attended NA meetings everyday. She's currently down to about once a week now.

Praise God for that!!

So often when people carren towards rock bottom they do crash right into the rock and that rock is Jesus Christ.  And upon that rock so many are transformed and begin to rebuild their lives.

And what does so much of the world say to sarcastically discredit them, "Typical!  Losers hit rock bottom and find religion!  ::) "

I say praise God that he was waiting patiently for them to crash into him so he could raise them up powerfully!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #780 on: April 25, 2016, 12:45:20 PM »
Your subjective experience relates to a concept called god.

Say the atheists with zero knowledge of or experience with God.

It's like being taught to read by someone that is illiterate.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #781 on: April 25, 2016, 12:51:45 PM »

Per you application of the confirmation bias fallacy the entirety of religion could be disqualified because of confirmation bias.  Everything to the nonbeliever is merely a concept with no real life experience with which to ground them.

Taylor and I have talked many times and shared our testimonies with one another.  He's a brother in Christ.

You got it slightly wrong... confirmation bias definitely applies to experience and particularly your interpretation of them. Even if your experience was real (it wasn't), you'd be inclined to apply the same interpretation to someone else's experience, independently of their opinion. This is the way to madness and yes, a lot of religion is confirmation bias, suggestion, cultural influences, submitting to long-standing traditions and social proof (if millions believe it, it can't be wrong right?)

Exactly what is your experience with other Gods that led you to reject them? Did you study other religions and concluded that fundamendalist Christianity was the best choice you could have made? Of course not, you just had a wake-up call in the form of a health emergency and returned to the faith of your family, which was always in the back of your mind to some degree, even while your were "sinning".

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #782 on: April 25, 2016, 12:54:25 PM »

Firstly, I am not an atheist. Secondly, I am trying to teach you reason, not religion.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #783 on: April 25, 2016, 12:56:17 PM »
Firstly, I am not an atheist. Secondly, I am trying to teach you reason, not religion.

Wasting your time broseph

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #784 on: April 25, 2016, 01:29:08 PM »
You got it slightly wrong... confirmation bias definitely applies to experience and particularly your interpretation of them. Even if your experience was real (it wasn't), you'd be inclined to apply the same interpretation to someone else's experience, independently of their opinion. This is the way to madness and yes, a lot of religion is confirmation bias, suggestion, cultural influences, submitting to long-standing traditions and social proof (if millions believe it, it can't be wrong right?)

Exactly what is your experience with other Gods that led you to reject them? Did you study other religions and concluded that fundamendalist Christianity was the best choice you could have made? Of course not, you just had a wake-up call in the form of a health emergency and returned to the faith of your family, which was always in the back of your mind to some degree, even while your were "sinning".

Yet we aren't believers because we agree with someone's else similar experiences.  We're believers because we each experienced the reality of God in personal, tangible, divine ways.

We confirm that we are brothers in Christ because we both adhere to scripture appropriately and know the reality of the Holy Spirit within each other.....nonbelievers have zero understanding of this.

God told us very clearly there are no other Gods and because we've experienced the tangible reality of God in our lives we know there are no other Gods.  We don't have to go chasing Zeus, Allah, Mithra, Horus, etc......we can have absolute confidence they're false because of the truth of the one and only God.

Some believers have undertaken that pursuit, but I didn't need to....I went to the source and that was all I needed.  I share that with others today.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #785 on: April 25, 2016, 01:31:48 PM »

Fine you're an agnostic.....a soft atheist.....or an anti-theist, or an epistivist.....whatever name you give yourself you're an unbeliever.

All reason and logic is grounded in the absolute, divine, objective nature of God.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #786 on: April 25, 2016, 01:54:56 PM »
Fine you're an agnostic.....a soft atheist.....or an anti-theist, or an epistivist.....whatever name you give yourself you're an unbeliever.

All reason and logic is grounded in the absolute, divine, objective nature of God.

Objective means something that exists outside of your mind, independently of the reality inside your head. Again, you twist the meaning of words to suit your worldview. You have read too much William Lane Craig, the pseudophilosopher genocide apologist, who constantly abuses and redefines terms. If your God was objective I would have had a way of perceiving him independently of whether I believed in him or not. That is very much not the case, as your God cannot be perceived unless you believe in him first; a condition as tautological and absurd as anything, as under these conditions anything you choose to believe in will be experienced because you believe in it.

God exists because God exists and round and round you go...

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #787 on: April 25, 2016, 02:20:01 PM »
Objective means something that exists outside of your mind, independently of the reality inside your head. Again, you twist the meaning of words to suit your worldview. You have read too much William Lane Craig, the pseudophilosopher genocide apologist, who constantly abuses and redefines terms. If your God was objective I would have had a way of perceiving him independently of whether I believed in him or not. That is very much not the case, as your God cannot be perceived unless you believe in him first; a condition as tautological and absurd as anything, as under these conditions anything you choose to believe in will be experienced because you believe in it.

That is what objective essentially means.  God exists whether my mind exists or not.

Tell me how I twist words.

I have read William Lane Craig, but too much?  Just some.

You do perceive of God because of his creation....everyone does.  Not only that, but everyone has his law impressed upon their hearts....everyone perceives God that way as well.  

What you don't have is a personal relationship with God because you refuse to abide by his terms for said relationship.   You already know he exists, but you reject him and call him absurd and then complain that he doesn't make his presence tangible for you.  Why should he?  He doesn't need your or me....we need him.

Anything I choose to believe will be experienced because I believe in it?  How does that work?

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #788 on: April 25, 2016, 02:22:31 PM »

x2

MOS simply doesn't understand basic terms.

Reason is anathema to him. Hence, his delegation of it, to an imaginary figure.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #789 on: April 25, 2016, 02:22:57 PM »
I already know God exists? How did you work that out?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #790 on: April 25, 2016, 02:25:49 PM »
I already know God exists? How did you work that out?

It's plainly written in scripture.  I know you care nothing about scripture, but plain nonetheless.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #791 on: April 25, 2016, 02:27:16 PM »
x2

MOS simply doesn't understand basic terms.

Reason is anathema to him. Hence, his delegation of it, to an imaginary figure.

Yep you nailed it, I don't understand basic terms and reason.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #792 on: April 25, 2016, 02:31:52 PM »
33 pages. If nothing else, patience is shown, here, to be a virtue.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #793 on: April 25, 2016, 02:40:52 PM »

There are numerous examples where you misconstrue terms like "facts", "evidence", "space", "time", "personal attack", "research". It was even pointed to you numerous times in the "rational case for creator" thread and you didn't say shit.

You are deep into indoctrination, your logic is internal and your vocabulary apocryphal.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: tbombz facebook post from today
« Reply #794 on: April 25, 2016, 02:42:35 PM »
Fixed.
Tbombz always had himself in high regard, believing he was smarter than anyone else at getbig. Except everyone else didn't got AIDS at 22yo and he did.

:'(

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #795 on: April 25, 2016, 02:44:50 PM »
There are numerous examples where you misconstrue terms like "facts", "evidence", "space", "time", "personal attack", "research". It was even pointed to you numerous times in the "rational case for creator" thread and you didn't say shit.

You are deep into indoctrination, your logic is internal and your vocabulary apocryphal.

I've talked about all these concepts many times.  Of course my opponents don't agree with me.  

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #796 on: April 25, 2016, 10:59:05 PM »

As for myself, I did study other religions. I was intensely spiritual for years before I became a Christian. At one point I very strongly considered becoming a Muslim. I spent years obsessively, passionately worshipping God before I became a Christian. I meditated for hours everyday. My mind was open to every conceivable possibility, and I thoroughly considered them all - I prided myself on it.  And along the way God did answer some of my prayers. But my relationship with Him was very distant. I knew He existed and I searched for Him with all of my being. But I absolutely rejected Jesus Christ as the Son of God and I was disgusted by the biblical ethic. If you go back into my post history before I was a Christian you can find me arguing with Man of Steel about this subject. He was talking about his experiences with God and I was trying to reason with him just like you are now. Sadly my arguments were much better than the ones you are now using against him. I did not want to be Christian. I am one now only because God dragged me kicking and screaming. Even to this day I confess that my human heart lusts against God. But I cannot deny what I have seen with my own eyes, heard with my own ears, and tasted with my own lips. Asking Man of Steel and I to consider the idea that we are wrong about Jesus is like asking yourself if you could be wrong about the very fact of your own existence. It is undeniable.

One day you will know. It might be too late to save you, but you will know one day.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #797 on: April 26, 2016, 01:42:31 AM »
But I cannot deny what I have seen with my own eyes, heard with my own ears, and tasted with my own lips.

Uhm... you're trolling, right?

2scared2post

« Reply #798 on: April 26, 2016, 01:50:50 AM »
As for myself, I did study other religions. I was intensely spiritual for years before I became a Christian. At one point I very strongly considered becoming a Muslim. I spent years obsessively, passionately worshipping God before I became a Christian. I meditated for hours everyday. My mind was open to every conceivable possibility, and I thoroughly considered them all - I prided myself on it.  And along the way God did answer some of my prayers. But my relationship with Him was very distant. I knew He existed and I searched for Him with all of my being. But I absolutely rejected Jesus Christ as the Son of God and I was disgusted by the biblical ethic. If you go back into my post history before I was a Christian you can find me arguing with Man of Steel about this subject. He was talking about his experiences with God and I was trying to reason with him just like you are now. Sadly my arguments were much better than the ones you are now using against him. I did not want to be Christian. I am one now only because God dragged me kicking and screaming. Even to this day I confess that my human heart lusts against God. But I cannot deny what I have seen with my own eyes, heard with my own ears, and tasted with my own lips. Asking Man of Steel and I to consider the idea that we are wrong about Jesus is like asking yourself if you could be wrong about the very fact of your own existence. It is undeniable.

One day you will know. It might be too late to save you, but you will know one day.

Was it after you took a load of dirty AIDS semen up your asshole you knew?

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #799 on: April 26, 2016, 01:56:17 AM »

Glad we can agree on this point.