Author Topic: ENOUGH! JUST DO THIS...  (Read 915 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Trump is a tough S.O.B." - Teamsters President
ENOUGH! JUST DO THIS...
« on: June 10, 2024, 08:07:28 AM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: ENOUGH! JUST DO THIS...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2024, 10:08:34 AM »
Watched an episode on mind pump TV on YouTube with sal and the other 2 dudes and they basically said the number one thing to focus on with gaining size it to get stronger and mostly the compound lifts and yep they are exactly right

I joined a new.gym and the lat pulldown machine goes up to 285 and I did 180 for 5 so if I would ever get up to that stack for 5 reps you can be sure my lats delts and probably even bis would be bigger

The machine bench stack is 247.5 and I did 187.5 for 5 reps so it's the same thing here, but with this one I'm confident that I can stack it out and of course if I do I'll have bigger pecs delts and tris

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2024, 10:58:53 AM »
Watched an episode on mind pump TV on YouTube with sal and the other 2 dudes and they basically said the number one thing to focus on with gaining size it to get stronger and mostly the compound lifts and yep they are exactly right

I joined a new.gym and the lat pulldown machine goes up to 285 and I did 180 for 5 so if I would ever get up to that stack for 5 reps you can be sure my lats delts and probably even bis would be bigger

The machine bench stack is 247.5 and I did 187.5 for 5 reps so it's the same thing here, but with this one I'm confident that I can stack it out and of course if I do I'll have bigger pecs delts and tris

Bugez says only do 1-2 (just 1 is best) compound exercises in a workout.  That's it and drink 1 gallon of whole milk a day.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2024, 11:40:23 AM »
Bugez says only do 1-2 (just 1 is best) compound exercises in a workout.  That's it and drink 1 gallon of whole milk a day.

I'll be doing that actually

Day 1: weighted chinups, lat pulldown and DB hammer curls

Day 2: machine bench, machine skulls and DB laterals

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2024, 08:32:19 AM »
I'll be doing that actually

Day 1: weighted chinups, lat pulldown and DB hammer curls

Day 2: machine bench, machine skulls and DB laterals

That's 3 exercises each day though.

You must do as Bugez says.  He means only 1 exercise.  No isolation stuff.

Obey Bugez.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2024, 08:36:43 AM »
That's 3 exercises each day though.

You must do as Bugez says.

I might add more later but I won't do more than six total

My prediction is that my chest shoulders and back will grow but my arms won't but we will see

If I'm right then I will add another bicep and tricep exercise or maybe 2 more for each and they will be solation moves

I want to wait and see what happens

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2024, 02:19:57 PM »
I might add more later but I won't do more than six total

My prediction is that my chest shoulders and back will grow but my arms won't but we will see

If I'm right then I will add another bicep and tricep exercise or maybe 2 more for each and they will be solation moves

I want to wait and see what happens

I'm going to tell Bugez you are not following his instructions.  ;)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2024, 02:44:25 PM »
I'm going to tell Bugez you are not following his instructions.  ;)

Hahaha

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2024, 11:26:21 AM »
Ultra Abbreviated training  ala Brawn are OK but donīt expect to look like a Bodybuilder ( if your goal )

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2024, 12:59:31 PM »
Ultra Abbreviated training  ala Brawn are OK but donīt expect to look like a Bodybuilder ( if your goal )

What does a bodybuilder look like?

You mean a drug monkey?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2024, 03:35:54 AM »
What does a bodybuilder look like?

You mean a drug monkey?

Cīmon man.. you know what i mean. 
Steve Reeves is in my opinion the best looking physique & although he had great genetics, you wonīt build lats , chest, shoulders, arms  like he had with just a few exercises.

Iīm not against short abbreviated training for say a period but overall it wonīt give you the same results as a good all round routine split or otherwise.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2024, 05:58:32 AM »
Cīmon man.. you know what i mean. 
Steve Reeves is in my opinion the best looking physique & although he had great genetics, you wonīt build lats , chest, shoulders, arms  like he had with just a few exercises.

Iīm not against short abbreviated training for say a period but overall it wonīt give you the same results as a good all round routine split or otherwise.

;)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2024, 06:21:50 AM »

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2024, 04:48:36 AM »
Didn't watch the video because I'm running out the door soon. You can build an amazing physique with one exercise or less per body part.  Look at the body weight calisthenics guys. Many have fantastic physiques.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2024, 05:43:24 AM »
Didn't watch the video because I'm running out the door soon. You can build an amazing physique with one exercise or less per body part.  Look at the body weight calisthenics guys. Many have fantastic physiques.

Agreed with slight modification. 

An exercise can hit multiple bodyparts like the bench press (shoulders, chest, triceps).

The "bodybuilder" look of today is the drug look.

You can look really good without drugs but not as good.

Bugez is concerned mainly with strength and not aesthetics.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2024, 05:57:22 AM »
Agreed with slight modification.

An exercise can hit multiple bodyparts like the bench press (shoulders, chest, triceps).

The "bodybuilder" look of today is the drug look.

You can look really good without drugs but not as good.

Bugez is concerned mainly with strength and not aesthetics.
yes changing exercises on a full body workout ..eg  incline one workout flat the next.
I think as you wrote the "Bodybuilding Look" has changed in some ways but Bodybuilding is about sculpting your physique regardless if Natty or not.
even a guy doing push ups wants to build his chest ..otherwise what is the point?

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2024, 06:56:42 AM »
yes changing exercises on a full body workout ..eg  incline one workout flat the next.
I think as you wrote the "Bodybuilding Look" has changed in some ways but Bodybuilding is about sculpting your physique regardless if Natty or not.
even a guy doing push ups wants to build his chest ..otherwise what is the point?

Agreed about bodybuilding.

However, Marines do pushups to improve performance and strength, not to improve their aesthetics.

As far as the exercises you could also change every 6 weeks or even several months.

It's hard to progress if you change all the time.

What should be noted about Reeves training is that the routines shown were shortly before contests.

This is true of about all the routines in the mags.  Lots of volume, lots of reps and sets to get defined.

If you train with a few basic exercises you will look better.  You don't need 15-25 sets per bodypart.

You can develop your upper body doing just a press and a row.

Your lower body doing squats and calf raises.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2024, 08:27:04 AM »
Agreed about bodybuilding.

However, Marines do pushups to improve performance and strength, not to improve their aesthetics.

As far as the exercises you could also change every 6 weeks or even several months.

It's hard to progress if you change all the time.

What should be noted about Reeves training is that the routines shown were shortly before contests.

This is true of about all the routines in the mags.  Lots of volume, lots of reps and sets to get defined.

If you train with a few basic exercises you will look better.  You don't need 15-25 sets per bodypart.

You can develop your upper body doing just a press and a row.

Your lower body doing squats and calf raises.

True in the British Army at my time 85-94 we never used weights other than sand bags on our shoulders running up fire escape stairs ( Boxing training & Tug of war )

Running with with weighted stretchers & logs, ammunition boxes weighted..etc   i did all of this

However military fitness is something else.
The biggest emphasis in my time in the British Army was running ..with weight running & Tabbing

running & running. In winter in track suit & army boots over Tank ranges that was our boxing fitness. no fancy shit.
sparring & sparring real stuff