Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer  (Read 161816 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer
« Reply #450 on: October 30, 2015, 07:23:55 AM »
Abrams is doing this one, it'll be probably be amazing. Looking forward, and I checked out as a kid (after Jedi).

What's Disney got to do with Star Wars, btw? I'm outta the loop. Lucas himself fucked up the last three, JJ can only make things better. Imagine Star Trek fans'd probably agree.

Seriously?  Disney bought Lucas films and is behind recreating this film.  This first film is nothing more of a way to close the story of Han, Luke and Leia and introduce a new storyline and new characters to build a new franchise off of for the next 3 movies

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #451 on: October 30, 2015, 07:40:57 AM »
Harrison Ford was on Jimmy Kimmel last night and said the movie is amazing and fans absolutely will not be disappointed:

May just be contractual obligations to not shit on the movie but that hasn't stopped him before.  I have high hopes for this one.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #452 on: October 30, 2015, 07:44:16 AM »
Harrison Ford was on Jimmy Kimmel last night and said the movie is amazing and fans absolutely will not be disappointed:

May just be contractual obligations to not shit on the movie but that hasn't stopped him before.  I have high hopes for this one.

He bumped his head during that plane crash apparently...
a

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #453 on: October 30, 2015, 07:52:56 AM »
He bumped his head during that plane crash apparently...

;D

He's always been a weird interview, his whole career every interview/panel/etc. I've seen with him is like this where he just seems really introverted and uncomfortable.  Not sure if it's an act or if he just really hates doing this kind of stuff.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #454 on: October 30, 2015, 07:55:46 AM »
;D

He's always been a weird interview, his whole career every interview/panel/etc. I've seen with him is like this where he just seems really introverted and uncomfortable.  Not sure if it's an act or if he just really hates doing this kind of stuff.

Seems to be who he is.  He is married to Ally McBeal who is also an awkward introvert. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #455 on: October 30, 2015, 07:55:59 AM »

With all the hype and questions about Luke Skywalker in recent weeks (reference to his absence in marketing materials...I know we heard his voice and saw his mech hand on R2 and have seen pics of his costume.....I'm a Superherohype guy by the way  ;D) and the response from JJ, cast and other insiders has been....."it'll be awesome...wait and see" doesn't jive with his representation in what you've put forth in the plot synposis.  Rey walking up to a seated Luke in the final seconds of the movie to hand him his old saber.....that isn't "awesome" or "wait and see" worthy LOL.  Isn't it cliffhangerish?  Ok, I'll grant that.  Does the success of the film hang on the character of Luke?  No, I'll grant that too.

Still SW fans want "Luke the Master Jedi"....the Jedi who has force-communed with Yoda and Obi-Wan for decades now....he's the last of the Jedi order....the best of the best (maybe ever) to come forth and display all the power and knowledge he's acquired.   JJ knows this.  The dude's almost 50.  He's a Star Wars fan and has been shaped by this mythos.  Further he knocked Star Trek outta the frickin park (well, I think he did LOL).  I fully believe that Luke is the climax of this film and 10 seconds of him seated is anti-climatic to say the very least.  

I see Luke coming forward in a dramatic way to take on the Order of Ren and kick all kinds of you know what.  :D

That said, I'm doubting the authenticity of the plot synopsis.  No offense either.  Perhaps it's a synopsis of an earlier script draft, but a final synopsis I'm now doubtful about that.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #456 on: October 30, 2015, 08:03:21 AM »
With all the hype and questions about Luke Skywalker in recent weeks (reference to his absence in marketing materials...I know we heard his voice and saw his mech hand on R2 and have seen pics of his costume) and the response from JJ, cast and other insiders has been....."it'll be awesome...wait and see" doesn't jive with his representation in what you've put forth in the plot synposis.  Rey walking up to a seated Luke in the final seconds of the movie to hand him his old saber.....that isn't "awesome" or "wait and see" worthy LOL.  

Fans want Luke the Master Jedi....the best of the best (maybe ever) to come forth and display all the power and knowledge he's acquired.   JJ knows this.  The dude's almost 50.  He's a Star Wars fan and has been shaped by this mythos.  Further he knocked Star Trek outta the frickin park (well, I think he did LOL).  I fully believe that Luke is the climax of this film and 10 seconds of him seated is anti-climatic to say the very least.  

That said, I'm doubting the authenticity of the plot synopsis.

x2

I'm suspecting they're pulling something like with Empire Strikes Back where it was a huge secret unknown by essentially everyone until the film premiered.

For the big reveal there ("No.  I, am your father" :o :o :o), it was not in the script or any of that shit.  They had the guy physically playing Vader say something like "No, Obi-Wan was your father" during filming, so even the cast/crew who were actually there had no idea about it ahead of time.  The only people who knew ahead of time were George Lucas, Irvin Kershner (director), James Earl Jones (voice of Vader / guy who actually said the line), and Mark Hamill (Luke S), who only found out moments before the scene was filmed.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #457 on: October 30, 2015, 08:06:22 AM »
x2

I'm suspecting they're pulling something like with Empire Strikes Back where it was a huge secret unknown by essentially everyone until the film premiered.

For the big reveal there ("No.  I, am your father" :o :o :o), it was not in the script or any of that shit.  They had the guy physically playing Vader say something like "No, Obi-Wan was your father" during filming, so even the cast/crew who were actually there had no idea about it ahead of time.  The only people who knew ahead of time were George Lucas, Irvin Kershner (director), James Earl Jones (voice of Vader / guy who actually said the line), and Mark Hamill (Luke S), who only found out moments before the scene was filmed.

Dude, exactly!!!  You're reading my mind!!  

Empire was AWESOME!!

J.J. is trying to save the SW franchise from the prequel disaster (although I loved elements of the prequels LOL).   Handing a seated Luke a saber in the final seconds.....

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #458 on: October 30, 2015, 08:08:51 AM »
Dude, exactly!!!  You're reading my mind!! 

Empire was AWESOME!!

Yes.  Harder to pull something off like that today what with the prevalence of "social media" (::)) but my hopes are high.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #459 on: October 30, 2015, 08:11:35 AM »
Yes.  Harder to pull something off like that today what with the prevalence of "social media" (::)) but my hopes are high.

JJ, writers, cast and crew know how important "not underwhelming the fanbase" is with this new SW flick.  

If there isn't some Jedi-awesomeness in this movie it'll be "Phantom Menace 2: Electric Bugaloo".

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #460 on: October 30, 2015, 08:18:25 AM »
Dude, exactly!!!  You're reading my mind!!  

Empire was AWESOME!!

J.J. is trying to save the SW franchise from the prequel disaster (although I loved elements of the prequels LOL).   Handing a seated Luke a saber in the final seconds.....

Seated Luke of Peace!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #461 on: October 30, 2015, 08:56:51 AM »
The title, the force awakens is leading to a reveal of Luke either taking over the role of Darth or being the next yoda.  Basically he's the only remaining person with the use of the force and Leia has it dormant and doesn't realize she also has it.  Waking it up is like opening Pandora's box, waking up the force will also have the potential to wake up the dark side.  It's a way to reboot the Franchise.

Disney paid $4 billion for Lucas Arts and are estimated to make $2-3 billion in merchandise sales alone this year.  Pretty insane how fast they're looking to recoup their money.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #462 on: October 30, 2015, 10:06:15 AM »
The title, the force awakens is leading to a reveal of Luke either taking over the role of Darth or being the next yoda.  Basically he's the only remaining person with the use of the force and Leia has it dormant and doesn't realize she also has it.  Waking it up is like opening Pandora's box, waking up the force will also have the potential to wake up the dark side.  It's a way to reboot the Franchise.

Disney paid $4 billion for Lucas Arts and are estimated to make $2-3 billion in merchandise sales alone this year.  Pretty insane how fast they're looking to recoup their money.

So are saying that by the force awakening via the Order of Ren in its use of the darkside that it is out of balance and the dormant lightside (Skywalkers) must arise to bring it back into balance?

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #463 on: October 30, 2015, 06:46:11 PM »
You guys should trust the synopsis.

This is Ford's movie since he is being killed off. Luke and Leia will have more screen time in Episode VIII and Episode IX.

Luke is in the flashback scene, a possible hologram (leaked picture below) where he reveals his location, and the final scene. That's it.

Don't plan on seeing a lot of him, and don't plan on seeing him fight in this film or you will be very disappointed.

When this picture leaked, the cameras made many feel that when Luke's blue lightsaber reveals his location, a pick-up shot was done where a hologram of Luke reveals the planet where he has been for the last decade or so. These may be his only lines in the film.

The droids (R2-D2, C-3PO and BB-8 crack the information hidden in the lightsaber hilt.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #464 on: October 30, 2015, 09:36:34 PM »
I heard luke appears the last 15 to 30 minutes of the movie...
And that han solo does not die as you have stated..

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #465 on: October 31, 2015, 02:23:07 AM »

mayhew won't last another movie.  my money is on chewbecca from the cradle - the grave.

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #466 on: October 31, 2015, 04:00:52 AM »
 :o
Qft

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #467 on: October 31, 2015, 06:29:42 AM »

mayhew won't last another movie.  my money is on chewbecca from the cradle - the grave.

But out of all of the characters, Chewbacca is easily replaced. wasn't he CGI in Revenge of the Sith?
a

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #468 on: November 02, 2015, 07:41:52 PM »

I promise you that is not the case.

Han is definitely going to die at the hands of his son Kylo.

Luke is hardly in the film.

The only big question left is whether Rey is the daughter of Han and Leia, or the daughter of Luke.

I think she is Han and Leia's kid ... and the younger sister of Kylo.

Some believe she is Luke's daughter.

But Kasdan is a talented (and smart) guy.

I think he knows that a trilogy of brother vs. sister is far more interesting than cousin vs. cousin... or worse, stranger vs. stranger.

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #469 on: November 02, 2015, 08:43:25 PM »
Have you heard anything about rogue one?
Or the series they were creating for Netflix?

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #470 on: November 02, 2015, 09:51:31 PM »
I don't have any info on the Netflix series.

Rogue One is supposedly getting a script polish by writer Christopher McQuarrie.

He is good. He won the Oscar for best screenplay for The Usual Suspects.

Yep, he's the man who gave us Keyser Söze. 8)

He also wrote what I consider the best X-Men movie, X2:X-Men United. And he wrote the good Wolverine movie. The second one where he went to Japan that was loosely based on the limited 82 series by Claremont and Miller.

He is good, but I don't know if I like the idea of Disney changing the history of how the Rebellion got the Death Star plans.

Also, this is prime Empire time. How can you have a movie about this subject and not see Vader, Palpatine, and the Death Star's biggest cheerleader Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin?

You could have someone else wear the Vader suit, but you'd need Ian McDiarmid and Peter Cushing is long dead. ???

Oh, and don't forget James Earl Jones' voice. ;)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #471 on: November 03, 2015, 02:29:30 AM »

Rogue One is supposedly getting a script polish by writer Christopher McQuarrie.

He also wrote what I consider the best X-Men movie, X2:X-Men United. And he wrote the good Wolverine movie. The second one where he went to Japan that was loosely based on the limited 82 series by Claremont and Miller.

He is good, but I don't know if I like the idea of Disney changing the history of how the Rebellion got the Death Star plans.

Also, this is prime Empire time. How can you have a movie about this subject and not see Vader, Palpatine, and the Death Star's biggest cheerleader Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin?

You could have someone else wear the Vader suit, but you'd need Ian McDiarmid and Peter Cushing is long dead. ???

There was a rumor of a CGI Cushing, if I remember correctly. God I hope I just made that shit up.
a

Simple Simon

« Reply #472 on: November 03, 2015, 03:12:20 AM »
I promise you that is not the case.

Han is definitely going to die at the hands of his son Kylo.

Luke is hardly in the film.

The only big question left is whether Rey is the daughter of Han and Leia, or the daughter of Luke.

I think she is Han and Leia's kid ... and the younger sister of Kylo.

Some believe she is Luke's daughter.

But Kasdan is a talented (and smart) guy.

I think he knows that a trilogy of brother vs. sister is far more interesting than cousin vs. cousin... or worse, stranger vs. stranger.

Life must be great when you have a childlike mind.

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #473 on: November 03, 2015, 06:06:01 AM »

James earl jones has been voicing Darth Vader on star wars rebels so he might be up for voicing him again for another major motion picture. The emperor can easily be played by another actor due the makeup..
Grand moff tarkin would be the challenge..

Did they use cgi when Moff tarkin came out at the end of  episode 3 ?  
Or was it make up?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #474 on: November 03, 2015, 06:37:43 AM »
There was talk for years that FOX was going to have a live action Star Wars TV show but the budget was the issue, but now that Disney bought it, the show is probably dead or will air on ABC.