Author Topic: Charleston SC  (Read 3459 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Charleston SC
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2022, 04:46:15 AM »

Low taxes, fantastic weather, friendly people- it's pure Hell here! Avoid it at all costs Humble 😀
The weather is actually the worst part to me. Sweltering heat and humidity in the summer with bugs the size of birds biting you and flying in your face. Then you've got tornadoes and hurricanes along with massive flooding and winters that are just cold enough to make you miserable but none of the beautiful snow for skiing, snow shooing and sled riding.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2022, 06:21:41 AM »

Low taxes, fantastic weather, friendly people- it's pure Hell here! Avoid it at all costs Humble 😀

Yeah, I honestly hate my excessive amounts of freedom and prosperity in Florida

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2022, 06:34:21 AM »
The weather is actually the worst part to me. Sweltering heat and humidity in the summer with bugs the size of birds biting you and flying in your face. Then you've got tornadoes and hurricanes along with massive flooding and winters that are just cold enough to make you miserable but none of the beautiful snow for skiing, snow shooing and sled riding.

You forgot the alligators in the ponds that grab your dog or small child and eat them.

But really, that's very minor stuff.

>

Alligator Drags 2-Year-Old Child Into Water Near Disney Resort

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/alligator-drags-2-year-old-child-into-water-near-disney-resort/ar-BB1gaK8l

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2022, 06:43:12 AM »

Umm- not in Greenville, SC No bugs the size of birds, have seen one tornado in 10 years, no massive flooding, winters are perfect with most days not going below 40 degrees, etc.

I lived in central NY for many years and witnessed at least  5 tornadoes, ice storms, flooding multiple times every year, mosquitoes and black fly swarms nonstop and unless you live in the high peaks region, the snow conditions generally go from great for a week to muddy slush the next. I was a nordic ski racer and snowmobiler.

To each his own  :) [size=78%] [/size]

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2022, 06:44:48 AM »
You forgot the alligators in the ponds that grab your dog or small child and eat them.

>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/alligator-drags-2-year-old-child-into-water-near-disney-resort/ar-BB1gaK8l

lol- and there are 20 foot rattlesnakes in the Cicero Swamp near Syracuse NY ( for real)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2022, 08:47:38 AM »

lol- and there are 20 foot rattlesnakes in the Cicero Swamp near Syracuse NY ( for real)

Don't be silly.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2022, 09:53:39 AM »
Yeah, I honestly hate my excessive amounts of freedom and prosperity in Florida

Florida is not "The South"

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2022, 10:41:30 AM »

>

I saw two in the pond at the airport this morning. Crazy shit, that would bug me.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2022, 11:41:53 AM »

Other than the heat, tornados and hurricanes are very uncommon.  Winter is quite mild.

Of course, you can always wear a hat
A

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2022, 11:54:21 AM »

Seriously?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2022, 01:31:51 PM »
The traffic is LEGENDARY.

Some of the big tech companies have opened up offices in Atlanta. Apparently they feel guilty about their lack of Black employees. Google and Facebook for all their equality bullshit are like 2% black.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2022, 03:00:35 PM »

North Florida is the south. South Florida is Cuba.

;D

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2022, 03:38:12 PM »

I’d consider the majority of north Florida and central Florida the south excluding large metropolitan areas like Orlando and Jacksonville. Anywhere on the coasts by the beach is of course a different story. Florida is a large state, and I’ve doubt you been around any of the non-tourist areas.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2022, 08:24:26 AM »

>

Of course. Who doesn't love giant lizards eating their kids and pets? ;D

Titus Pullo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2022, 10:11:30 AM »
Seriously?

Nah :)

The biggest rattler ever recorded was 8' long.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2022, 10:45:28 AM »
Of course. Who doesn't love giant lizards eating their kids and pets? ;D

Heat is a dealbreaker for me. I was just in South Florida. It was already in the 70s at night.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2022, 12:00:57 PM »
Heat is a dealbreaker for me. I was just in South Florida. It was already in the 70s at night.

It is a bitch and it lasts a long time

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2022, 12:56:20 PM »
It is a bitch and it lasts a long time

I did a morning run in late March and the sweating level was similar that of July in the north east.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2022, 02:28:33 AM »
It's brutal in the summer. I actually love southern people as they are the friendliest people around it's just the climate that is a no go for me. Rocky mountain and desert states are my favorite.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2022, 04:04:49 AM »
I did a morning run in late March and the sweating level was similar that of July in the north east.

There's a LOT of yankees moving to FL now, hopefully one summer and they'll be gone  ;D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2022, 05:03:53 AM »

Depends on where you are.  I'm in Ft Lauderdale and we are on the "curve" so to speak.  While it does get hot, the ocean winds keep the humidity pushed out west and it is rather bearable.  West coast of FL and Central FL though the humidity is awful.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2022, 05:49:07 AM »
Depends on where you are.  I'm in Ft Lauderdale and we are on the "curve" so to speak.  While it does get hot, the ocean winds keep the humidity pushed out west and it is rather bearable.  West coast of FL and Central FL though the humidity is awful.

Lurker, have you ever had to leave your home due to hurricane, etc?
Looking at winter-homes in FL, but wondering what area is the most "hurricane friendly" (less likely to be hit-hard).
I guess it might not matter as I will be there less than 6-months a year (winter) and can leave anytime, but this is something I think about before making decisions.
I suppose winter-time isnt really hurricane season either, but...

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2022, 05:57:04 AM »
Lurker, have you ever had to leave your home due to hurricane, etc?
Looking at winter-homes in FL, but wondering what area is the most "hurricane friendly" (less likely to be hit-hard).
I guess it might not matter as I will be there less than 6-months a year (winter) and can leave anytime, but this is something I think about before making decisions.
I suppose winter-time isnt really hurricane season either, but...

South Florida native here. Very few in my lifetime were worthy of evacuating. Annual Nor’easters and Texas freezing are worse than anything we’ve endured in the last 15+ years. I think my power was off for a day or so combined since then. That means we’re probably due. The media always overhypes it, creates madness and people act like retards. Imagine the initial Covid toilet paper craze, but with non-perishable foods, beverages and fuel. Common decency is temporarily thrown out the window. Get a turnkey CBS place, with a decent roof, impact windows and doors and you’re good to go

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2022, 09:35:41 AM »
South Florida native here. Very few in my lifetime were worthy of evacuating. Annual Nor’easters and Texas freezing are worse than anything we’ve endured in the last 15+ years. I think my power was off for a day or so combined since then. That means we’re probably due. The media always overhypes it, creates madness and people act like retards. Imagine the initial Covid toilet paper craze, but with non-perishable foods, beverages and fuel. Common decency is temporarily thrown out the window. Get a turnkey CBS place, with a decent roof, impact windows and doors and you’re good to go

then you weren't in so fla during the summer of 2004

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2022, 10:11:37 AM »
There's a LOT of yankees moving to FL now, hopefully one summer and they'll be gone  ;D

They’re moving for tax reasons. So if they do move back it’ll be because Florida is raised its taxes to New York State levels.