Author Topic: Charleston SC  (Read 3515 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Charleston SC
« on: April 08, 2022, 11:20:27 AM »
Here now, what a beautiful place. Here for a couples weekend, and am surprised at how clean the city is, and how good the food is. Also, if you were young and single, this would be the place I’d be. Much hot young trim here. Any daytime suggestions? We got dinners covered and have wandered around during the day. If you live here, good on you fellow Getbiggers.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Charleston SC
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 11:22:37 AM »
Couldn't pay me enough to live in the Deep South. No offense to southern Getbiggers.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 11:28:29 AM »
Here now, what a beautiful place. Here for a couples weekend, and am surprised at how clean the city is, and how good the food is. Also, if you were young and single, this would be the place I’d be. Much hot young trim here. Any daytime suggestions? We got dinners covered and have wandered around during the day. If you live here, good on you fellow Getbiggers.

Is that code for swinging..?
T

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 11:53:30 AM »
who doesn't love an area with 50-60% population of joggers demographic

good times!!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2022, 11:59:25 AM »
Nice place indeed.
a

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2022, 12:09:37 PM »

good times!!

How could it be a good place to live? I don't know of any such place with those demographics that is remotely good to live.

Maybe for a weekend visit. That's about it.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2022, 12:13:13 PM »

good times!!

Hahahhaha

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2022, 12:16:05 PM »
Nice to visit.  But after two weeks you would be bored out of your skull.  Same with Savannah.  It takes a special kind of dullard to live there year around and enjoy it.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2022, 01:13:16 PM »
Is that code for swinging..?

Lol, no, a buddies 40th. I’m not into that kind of thing.

catracho

• Getbig IV
  • I don't want to be "that guy"!
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2022, 02:51:38 PM »
Nice to visit.  But after two weeks you would be bored out of your skull.  Same with Savannah.  It takes a special kind of dullard to live there year around and enjoy it.

Totally agree, I think there is a warship memorial there and the old slave trade area that is now a market. It's been a while.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2022, 03:25:49 PM »

Was just in Atlanta. GF has a house down there that her mother left her. It was fine for a few days but no fucking way I would live there.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2022, 05:02:18 PM »
I was in Hilton Head last week.  Spent a day in Charleston.  Very cool place.  Forgot where we ate but it was excellent and I can confirm that yes, the trim selection was plentiful. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2022, 05:12:18 PM »
I was in Hilton Head last week.  Spent a day in Charleston.  Very cool place.  Forgot where we ate but it was excellent and I can confirm that yes, the trim selection was plentiful. 

I've been in Hilton Head all week.  Leaving tomorrow.

Visited Charleston in the 1970s.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2022, 05:17:41 PM »
Charleston is fun. Go day drinking downtown. It's been a few years since I was there. I think it's Queen street that has the bars? There are a ton of nice restaurants as well.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2022, 05:29:24 PM »
Was just in Atlanta. GF has a house down there that her mother left her. It was fine for a few days but no fucking way I would live there.

The traffic is LEGENDARY.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2022, 05:41:56 PM »
I've been in Hilton Head all week.  Leaving tomorrow.

Visited Charleston in the 1970s.

Had a lot of good meals in Hilton Head. One of the restaurants had moonshine margaritas. Incredible!

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2022, 07:00:22 PM »

For daytime drinking downtown, anywhere on King Street is great. Halls Chophouse is a great steak place on King Street. Hanks on Church Street is great for seafood. Shem Creek just over the bridge in Mount Pleasant is very scenic and great for drinking. Try Tavern and Table or Reds Icehouse. Take a carriage ride from Old South or one of the other companies. They are really interesting and you learn a lot about the city. Guided walking tours are fun too, they sell those tickets on the Market. Take a walk down Rainbow Row near the Battery on the peninsula to see some really nice old homes. And a tour of Middleton Place is pretty cool if you have time. It’s a very nice city. Plenty to do and see. Anyone saying it’s only good for a few days never got outside the touristy areas downtown. PM me if you need any more details, I hope you enjoy your time here!

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2022, 07:18:50 PM »

I give you big credit for taking a moment out of your weekend to remember all you left behind and post on Getbig

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2022, 08:02:33 PM »
Excellent woman’s pro tennis tournament in town right now if you can get tickets.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2022, 01:02:59 AM »
Lol, no, a buddies 40th. I’m not into that kind of thing.

Oops! ;D

Completely coincidentally, my news feed offered these two stories this morning

South Carolina now able to carry out firing-squad executions
The method was codified into state law last year because of the state’s inability to procure lethal injection drugs

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/south-carolina-can-now-carry-firing-squad-executions-rcna20724

South Carolina to execute death-row inmate by firing squad or electric chair
Barring a successful appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court, Richard Bernard Moore will be put to death April 29 for the 1999 murder of a convenience store worker

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/south-carolina-execute-death-row-inmate-firing-squad-electric-chair-rcna23668
T

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2022, 06:06:20 AM »
How could it be a good place to live? I don't know of any such place with those demographics that is remotely good to live.

Maybe for a weekend visit. That's about it.

I have a friend who has been transferred to a lot of different cities on her job. As different as they are, her two favorites were Chicago and Charleston. She said her co-workers in Charleston were genuinely friendly, and not false friendly which is often said of deep Southerners. I have always found Charleston to be one of the most beautiful cities in US but it surprised me somewhat to hear the friendly part.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2022, 06:42:32 AM »
Excellent woman’s pro tennis tournament in town right now if you can get tickets.

Parsh

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2022, 07:41:19 AM »
Couldn't pay me enough to live in the Deep South. No offense to southern Getbiggers.

Gonna have to agree

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2022, 03:05:13 AM »

Parsh

H0mo
T

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2022, 04:32:51 AM »

Low taxes, fantastic weather, friendly people- it's pure Hell here! Avoid it at all costs Humble 😀