Author Topic: time traveler?  (Read 8799 times)

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
Re: time traveler?
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 10:10:44 AM »
The photo is at the reopening of a bridge. I imagine they're all generally focused on the bridge. It's not odd no one is looking at the camera. It's common for people to be photographed like this. Especially in newspapers.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 10:19:33 AM »
I was able to find another photo that shows what everyone is looking at.  It appears Goodrum is alot older than we think.
No Worries 4 me

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 10:22:14 AM »
Oh dear, that poor goat.  :'(

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 10:27:52 AM »
According to some Quantum Mechanic theorists, time travel will soon be possible but it will take too long to get there and it's more convenient just to sit around and wait.

Others say  that time travel is an impossibility and that the proof is in the pudding ..... meaning that no one from the future  has paid us a visit just yet.

My belief is that they will arrive tomorrow.

Or the next day.

All serious shit that smart guys sit and think about.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 10:36:14 AM »
James Blunt, those fat people you met at SAFEWAY are possibly time travelers from the future.

Did you ask?

When in doubt .... always ask!

DI's always say that there is no such thing as a stupid question. (End of DI statement)

But you should always be prepared to duck fast when you ask one. (End of voice of experience)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 10:56:25 AM »
According to some Quantum Mechanic theorists, time travel will soon be possible but it will take too long to get there and it's more convenient just to sit around and wait.

Others say  that time travel is an impossibility and that the proof is in the pudding ..... meaning that no one from the future  has paid us a visit just yet.

My belief is that they will arrive tomorrow.

Or the next day.

All serious shit that smart guys sit and think about.

ah, but how do we know they haven't?

they wouldn't be able to tell us they were from the future as it would alter events from that point on, thereby changing the future, and possibly not allowing them to ever return to the time period from which they left.

;)
b

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 10:59:17 AM »
ah, but how do we know they haven't?

they wouldn't be able to tell us they were from the future as it would alter events from that point on, thereby changing the future, and possibly not allowing them to ever return to the time period from which they left.

;)

maybe someone you've met in your lifetime was actually from the future

:o

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 11:01:05 AM »

Yep nice post.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2010, 11:03:11 AM »

shits getting deep now.

maybe those people you have met direct you onto a path where the future will unfold as it should, instead of allowing you to make your own decisions and fuck everything up.

wait a minute...

b

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 11:07:58 AM »
 :)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 11:14:47 AM »
Good thought and well stated, NoOne!

Let me try to explain what is damn near impossible to even contemplate let along write about on a simple message board.

Try to think DEEP about the following.....

EVENTS do change very frequently. And those events do change because someone from the future came back and changed them without even thinking about it or knowing what they did.

And many time travelers do return into a time period which is completely unfamiliar to them. Years ago those time travelers were simply ignored or placed in mental institutions.

Some were even given lobotomies at government expense because they left their wallets in the future.

One such "looney" I recently associated with in one of our "get together" groups claims that most time travelers who return form the future and manage to "land back in" the same time zone from which he departed, somehow forgot about his time traveling experience due to some unknowm factor associated with time traveler.

But he further claims that there is only one language that is common to one and all in the future and is absolute proof that you have "been there, done that" if you can understand the following language and read it easily after a few moments of trying......

Give it a try yourself! You, yourself, might be one of those time travelers who has merely forgotten.

Here is the language..... This particular paragraph was written by one of the participants in the group after an hour or so discussion with the "looney" time traveler mentioned above.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the first and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae.. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it wouthit a porbelm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

It seems that they solved the mis-spelling problem a few years hence.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2010, 11:22:30 AM »

He's got a digital watch on too, but in this pic you can't see it.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2010, 11:34:18 AM »
And many time travelers do return into a time period which is completely unfamiliar to them. Years ago those time travelers were simply ignored or placed in mental institutions.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2010, 11:35:46 AM »
Here's another deep thought thinker topic to deep think about.

When you read a book on QM, you come to realize that there is something called "Ulterior Universes".... It's been a while but I think that's what it's called.

This simply means that there are actually many of YOU at one time (OH< SHIT!) within different universes.

It gets a bit more complicated but here are the basics.......

Today you may decide to turn right when you leave your home.

In another 'universe' you will turn left.

And there are "YOU's" in millions of other universes doing something completely different (making different choices - not turning at all or not even going out) than the other "YOU's" in those other universes. And there are enough "YOU's" and universes to include each and every eventually.

This tends to be a bit like the Falcon way of thinking. He was sort of on the right track but his problem was that he keep thinking about stupid things instead of contemplating things of importance which you guys are sort of doing here.

Most of us will laugh about this shit but the real smart guys think about this stuff every day in clinical laboratories on the edge of every major US city. ANd hey do get heavy paychecks for thinking.

RIght now one of those guys is probably reading this and making $489 in the process.

Sorry that I did not explain the above too well but I my intelligence is completely limited when it comes to thinking over three feet deep while those other guys go down a mile or so.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2010, 11:38:30 AM »
I knew you'd do that, Dr.!

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2010, 12:06:22 PM »

here s a pic of the time machine.

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 12:09:37 PM »
Forget the guy in the sunglasses. I'm more interested in the physical anthropomorphism of God sneaking in there!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2010, 12:12:53 PM »
Forget the guy in the sunglasses. I'm more interested in the physical anthropomorphism of God sneaking in there!
Haha. Nice one. Looks like he's jacking off onto the skirt of the woman in front of him. Dirty brute.   

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 12:19:55 PM »
I don't see God but I do spy Nassar and my good friend Jack who passed away many years ago while filming The Sword and the Sorceror in Topanga Canyon. Not totally positive about that being him in that photo but it sure does look like him.

I would stick my neck out and say that this photo is definite proof that time travel does exist.

Or someone did a good job with PhotoShop.

But I'll stick with Time Travel because I don't know too much about PhotoShop to discuss it intelligently.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2010, 09:12:49 PM »
The time traveler guy looks to have had some "work" done to his hairline...Possible grafts in the front...Maybe Chick can weigh in on this...

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2010, 09:30:18 PM »

nasser lol

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2010, 09:37:39 PM »
A good time travel movie is called 'Primer'. Very cheaply made but i liked it, takes a while to figure out.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2010, 06:02:02 AM »
Haha. Nice one. Looks like he's jacking off onto the skirt of the woman in front getting fuck by the guy behind him. Dirty brute.   
A

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2010, 06:14:06 AM »
Here's another deep thought thinker topic to deep think about.

When you read a book on QM, you come to realize that there is something called "Ulterior Universes".... It's been a while but I think that's what it's called.

This simply means that there are actually many of YOU at one time (OH< SHIT!) within different universes.

It gets a bit more complicated but here are the basics.......

Today you may decide to turn right when you leave your home.

In another 'universe' you will turn left.

And there are "YOU's" in millions of other universes doing something completely different (making different choices - not turning at all or not even going out) than the other "YOU's" in those other universes. And there are enough "YOU's" and universes to include each and every eventually.

This tends to be a bit like the Falcon way of thinking. He was sort of on the right track but his problem was that he keep thinking about stupid things instead of contemplating things of importance which you guys are sort of doing here.

Most of us will laugh about this shit but the real smart guys think about this stuff every day in clinical laboratories on the edge of every major US city. ANd hey do get heavy paychecks for thinking.

RIght now one of those guys is probably reading this and making $489 in the process.

Sorry that I did not explain the above too well but I my intelligence is completely limited when it comes to thinking over three feet deep while those other guys go down a mile or so.

you explained fine as i know where you are coming from, someone who is trying to follow might get lost though as such a thing is very difficult to explain.

lisa randall is a particle physicist. she wrote a book called 'warped passages' in which she stipulates that apart from the 'big 4' dimensions as we know them there can exist up to 7, either so small or so vast we can't see or comprehend them, but they are there.

when you start getting into QM and the like for answers on one's search for the holy grail of 'why'- which at some point we all ask ourselves- things get very complicated, yet amazing simple at the same time. the ultimate paradox.

i used to hurt my head trying to figure out the 'meaning' of life. turns out the more i looked, the more questions i found. life is a beautiful mystery that i think is more enjoyed when taken at face value, rather than in trying to discover its secrets.

b

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2010, 09:11:43 AM »
Thanks for jumping into the big Black Hole of QM, No One.

I love to discuss this shit and I seem to recall that there were actually 8 dimensions that these smart guys were able to think about or discover or what-not.

I, myself, am still trying to comprehend the third one and when it comes to the 4th one, I am completely lost'ed. So I am totally confused with anything beyond.

I'm not smart enough to explain the shit I sort of learned from "Dancing Wu Li Masters" but there is a section within that book that explains how individual "packets" of light travel (like a stream of very tiny bullets) through space and when those individual "bullets" reach an object with three slits cut in it, those bullets can make a "decision" as to which slit they should travel through. (Kind of like - each can make an individual decision.)

These smart guys actually measure this kind of stuff by the light and shadows cast on a wall behind that object with the slits in it.

And that's just the basic shit and the point at which it all leads into the very strange stuff. It all starts off with these little packets of light knowing where each of them should go and eventually leads to the conclusion that the only thing that actually exists within this world we are sort of familiar with is PURE ENERGY and nothing else.

And I think that those various dimensions are the "places" that I think are the 'ulterior universes' that we all participate in somehow ... Dude, I'm only realize how dumb I am on this subject when I try to explain what I THINK I know about it, It kind of like scambles my thinking process.,

Of course all this shit I'm saying is based on a book I read 20+ years ago, so these QM guys might have smartened up even more  and made new discoveries which they haven't told me about yet. (Those bastids!)

By the way, I had to read Dancing Wu Li Masters five or six times before some of it even began to sink into my mentally deficient cranium.

Six or seven more times and I just might be able to discuss it better. But it does appear that a person must be on the verge of insanity to fully understand most of it. (I say that because I honestly believe that once a person gets too damn smart, he falls into the insane category.) Something like a big unending circle of "smartness" to insanity and back again.

Getting to sound like Falcon here but this smart - insane shit is based on a couple of very close and recent observations.

Thanks again, No One.  I am gonna look for Lisa's book immediately.