Author Topic: CT Shooting - Massive Shooting at School - 27 killed, 20 children  (Read 87616 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: CT Shooting - Massive Shooting at School - 27 killed, 20 children
« Reply #1250 on: December 23, 2012, 04:09:45 AM »
The US has the worst gun crime stats in the world. Not sure why you'd want to proudly cling to that part of your culture, rather than try and improve or progress it.

Quoting the stats of successful defensive gun use is heartening, except it doesn't say how many of those defences are against gun-toting aggressors. This is the paradoxical thing; what is the point of a culture where you justify using guns by the need to defend yourself against gun-toting criminals? haha, Isn't this the great irony? Every state can always adjust, progress and improve, why stubbornly keep doing what isn't working? Constitutional pride aside, this is the definition of insanity.

The US has the worst gun crime stats in the world. Not sure why you'd want to proudly cling to that part of your culture, rather than try and improve or progress it.

What does that mean? worst gun crimes stats? Because if you're referring to murders via guns we aren't even the top 5 , post your source for this stat.

Quoting the stats of successful defensive gun use is heartening, except it doesn't say how many of those defences are against gun-toting aggressors. This is the paradoxical thing; what is the point of a culture where you justify using guns by the need to defend yourself against gun-toting criminals? haha, Isn't this the great irony? Every state can always adjust, progress and improve, why stubbornly keep doing what isn't working? Constitutional pride aside, this is the definition of insanity.

It doesn't matter how many of these defenses are against gun toting aggressors what matters is they are used to protect people's safety in instances of attempted crimes ,theft , rapes and yes even murder.

You made a really dumb remark
Equating guns with safety is hilarious. How's it worked for you so far?
guns were used over 2 millions times to protect a persons safety which is much , much more than they were used to murder innocent people so it's actually worked out better than you know but you're comfortable in your ignorance

what is the point of a culture where you justify using guns by the need to defend yourself against gun-toting criminals?
That's not the only reason to justify using guns , that's the only example you used. Plenty of uses that justify using firearms in every day life , hunting , collecting , target practice , competition , and tes personal defense.

And what's the alternative? a complete ban on guns? would never happen in this country. Your country banned them and violent crimes skyrocketed as did knife violence. Now carrying a knife is illegal in your country , but yet that doesn't seem to help with the violent crime does it?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #1251 on: December 23, 2012, 04:16:24 AM »
Good post. It liken it to men who walk around with imaginary lat syndrome, as if to deter people from trying to fight them. Not only does it generally lead to more confrontations, but Secure men do not do this. Only men whose dads instilled them with fear do this, who - on some level - feel, or have felt, threatened.

Hahahahahahaha what a silly response. People want a gun because they feel threatened? , the irony is you keep insisting America is such a violent place but it's some how irrational to want to try and protect yourself from this?

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1252 on: December 23, 2012, 04:32:23 AM »
I have been ripped apart and permanently injured by Pitbulls, I know more than anybody the dangers that are out there, you want FEAR, try defending yourself against two determined angry Pitbulls, this happened to me while working.  Just like GUNS, these incidents happen because of special interests groups who insist on inflicting their agenda on a society that doesn't care for their dangerous obsessions.  A gun wouldn't have been practical, nor is it a guaranteed defence against such an efficient attack animal like Pitbulls,  Their was a case recently were a Police officer used his gun and took a shot at an attacking Pitbull, only to miss and kill his partner.  In this case a gun made it worse.  I have also been assaulted on several occasions, twice by three or more men, I have won some, and I have lost some.  That's life, I don't let it stop me living my life or to remain in FEAR, like anybody, I make sensible decisions about how I live my life and weigh up the risk/reward ratio when making choices. 

The sad thing is, Americans are trying to prepare themselves for things they have no control over, if faced with an armed intruder, you still may find yourself in a situation where you can't get to your gun, you are back to square one.  Their is no fool proof way to guarantee your protection, it just isn't possible.  So the very thing you cling to so as to protect yourself makes your society a more dangerous place and less safe.  And this is the irony, in an attempt to lessen vulnerability and create safety, Americans have created a more vulnerable and less safe place to live.  Some countries can pull off a gun culture, just that America isn't one of them, they failed, their civic experiment has been a disaster, which has cost children their lives and also their right to freedom.

Well maybe if you had a god damn gun you wouldn't have been permanently mauled by pitbulls. Its very clear now you harbor very deep prejudice and hatred toward everything that you deem as "dangerous", such as pitbulls and guns.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #1253 on: December 23, 2012, 04:35:04 AM »
Hahahahahahaha what a silly response. People want a gun because they feel threatened? , the irony is you keep insisting America is such a violent place but it's some how irrational to want to try and protect yourself from this?

What is this threat Gun owners fear so much?  Considering that Gun related crime is quite low and the chances of you being injured or killed by a gun are incredibly remote, according to the Gun Advocates.  Why are you so afraid?  You do realise that feeling threatened when their is NO THREAT is more than likely a sign of mental illness.
V

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #1254 on: December 23, 2012, 04:35:05 AM »
Well maybe if you had a god damn gun you wouldn't have been permanently mauled by pitbulls. Its very clear now you harbor very deep prejudice and hatred toward everything that you deem as "dangerous", such as pitbulls and guns.

Exactly , I was bitten by a Doberman when I was young maybe they should be banned too  ::)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #1255 on: December 23, 2012, 04:41:54 AM »
Exactly , I was bitten by a Doberman when I was young maybe they should be banned too  ::)

Why Not?, their are about a dozen breeds responsible for the majority of serious attacks and fatalities with Pitbulls and Rottweilers at the top of the list.  Dobermans are also in that dozen, with over three hundred breeds of dog that have never killed a human being and unlikely to cause serious injury, it makes the mind boggle why anybody would want to own a companion animal like pitbulls that regualrly maim, maul and kill children.  Although I don't put Dobermans in the same category as Pitbulls, they are probably best reserved as a trained guard dog for commercial premises and not really a suitable house-pet in a civilised community.  Once again, the people who are attracted  to these types of animals are normally lacking in the intelligence department, have a weak personality and deep insecurities and are desperate for attention, they generally can't take criticism, are disagreeable and are incapable of taking responsibility for their actions.  Their are always exceptions, but dangerous dogs attract dangerous people.
V

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #1256 on: December 23, 2012, 08:08:35 AM »

To say everyone needs guns to protect themselves from all the people with guns is what's silly. Welcome to objectivity.

It's not me insisting America is so violent, this thread exists because you guys had like the 5th mass shooting in a very short space of time.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #1257 on: December 23, 2012, 09:31:23 AM »
Did you get raped?

It's ok to talk about it.

Apparently man sex gets the toddler toucher "Garebear" hard.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #1258 on: December 23, 2012, 09:38:32 AM »
To say everyone needs guns to protect themselves from all the people with guns is what's silly. Welcome to objectivity.

It's not me insisting America is so violent, this thread exists because you guys had like the 5th mass shooting in a very short space of time.

Where did I ever say everyone needs a gun to protect themselves? I said guns are like abortions , don't want one , don't get one.

In a very short space of time? these ' mass shootings ' are rare , regardless of what the news tells you and the weapons used in them are rarer still seeing the only constitute 2% of the firesarms used in murders , again do you want to keep attempting to speak on a subject you are clueless on? Because I'll keep correcting you  ;)

Factoring in the rate of death caused by mass shootings from Columbine to the present (about 210 people in 13 years), it will be more than 300 years until we reach the number of casualties that occur from accidental drownings every single year in this country. In a little more than 150 years from now, we’ll approach the number of people who are poisoned to death every single year in this country. Sometime in 2014 we might surpass the number of people struck by lightning every single year in this country.

It's okay to have an opinion but you have to be well researched and thought out before you share it because if you're not , the facts are doing to crush you into oblivion.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1259 on: December 23, 2012, 09:45:39 AM »
Just get one of these:

Bodybuilding related because a bodybuilder is using the nerf gun

An arsenal

X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1260 on: December 23, 2012, 09:46:05 AM »
ND bringing reality into the antigun fanatics over emotional kneejerk reactions.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1261 on: December 23, 2012, 10:26:53 AM »
Wrong on ALL accounts , if that were the case blacks would still be property , women wouldn't be able to vote , and forget about gays ever being married or in the military , spoken like another kid who on the other side of the pond who thinks they have it all figured out

Some things in the constitution you do NOT fuck with some you have to add , one of the things that has an always has made this country great is our ability to compromise and work out a mutually beneficial solution too our problems

However when it comes to firearms the average American is sick and tired of having their rights trampled on and being blamed for other peoples atrocities , yes I said their rights are being trampled on and denied by oppressive politicians who think they know what's best for you

Guns are like abortions , don't want one , don't get one but don't make the mistake of telling me I can't have one because of some asshole decided you shoot a school up.

Read it and live it people... One of the smartest posts about this subject ever written.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #1262 on: December 23, 2012, 11:07:09 AM »
That's the kicker

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #1263 on: December 23, 2012, 11:40:57 AM »
That's the kicker

Muthafukkin' Pit Bull Free Zone for the win.

Barry and Chewbacca don't want their heals nipped by a couple of ferocious pups.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1264 on: December 23, 2012, 01:34:18 PM »
I doubt she had a safe , she probably just has an IKEA gun cabinet with a glass front

The guns could have been kept at the gun range also , they said she went target shooting regularly and took both sons

She was negligent , beyond words

Knowing that her son had issues, I would say you are right on; she was very negligent. If all he'd done was kill his mother, then you could say she sort of asked for it. Unfortunately her negligence combined with his craziness cost a lot of innocent people their lives. People all over the world are shocked and deeply saddened by this horrific event. Unfortunately, it also seems to have had a huge negative impact on many people, in that, considering the uptick in gun sales, they are arming themselves.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1265 on: December 23, 2012, 01:39:57 PM »
Knowing that her son had issues, I would say you are right on; she was very negligent. If all he'd done was kill his mother, then you could say she sort of asked for it. Unfortunately her negligence combined with his craziness cost a lot of innocent people their lives. People all over the world are shocked and deeply saddened by this horrific event. Unfortunately, it also seems to have had a huge negative impact on many people, in that, considering the uptick in gun sales, they are arming themselves.
Gun sales skyrocket every time the gov talks about a ban, people want to "get it while they can".
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1266 on: December 23, 2012, 01:58:36 PM »
No Uberman, but blame the father as well for not being present in the boys life. Guy was a big CEO but didn't have time for his son.

Beware of clichés and stereotypes. Not every young boy or girl whose father is absent in their lives ends up crazy or moreover shooting and killing a couple of dozen innocent children and adults. Ideally, we'd all grow up in a family fantasy like the Ozzie and Harriet television show from the 1950's to 1960's, where mom was holding down the fort and nurturing the kids, while dad was the breadwinner who spent all his free time with his kids. The Nelson's real life was actually more real then ideal.

It seems as if often there are trade-offs in life. Being a "big CEO" is time consuming, but some CEO's who are also parents do find time for their kids. The parents were divorced. This often changes the parenting dynamic, especially for fathers. I know, my parents separated when I was 4 years old. Even though they never made me a pawn in their life after they parted ways, their toxic relationship and subsequent separation had an impact on me. I barely knew my father and not because he was a CEO. Fortunately, my stepfather who came into my life when I was 8 years old, was a great role model for me. I see a lot of his philosophy in my thinking today.

It is human nature for people to try and make sense of that which makes no sense. Everyone is looking for a reason or explanation for why this young man had a psychotic break and killed all these people. Even if a clear reason could be determined, it would do nothing to prevent this happening in the future. Hindsight is always easier than foresight.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1267 on: December 23, 2012, 02:03:24 PM »
Gun sales skyrocket every time the gov talks about a ban, people want to "get it while they can".

Well, this is good for gun manufacturers and sales then. Personally, I doubt much will come of all the talk about banning guns anytime soon. Not to be too much of a cynic, but knee jerk politics are pretty transparent, shallow and self-serving.

I have no plans to get one while I can.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1268 on: December 23, 2012, 02:11:29 PM »
Aspergers my ass

20 children are massacred by a nutjob whose mother knew he shouldn't be around guns but fancied them anyways

I blame her

20 poor children are dead due to her negligence and her ignorance

You're right Asperger's disorder is not to blame and thinking so is just plain ignorant. The next thing you know, people will be lobbying to have all those suffering from Asperger's and autism institutionalized. I've met young people who have Asperger's and they were actually very sweet kids once I got to know them.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #1269 on: December 23, 2012, 02:21:38 PM »
Where did I ever say everyone needs a gun to protect themselves? I said guns are like abortions , don't want one , don't get one.

In a very short space of time? these ' mass shootings ' are rare , regardless of what the news tells you and the weapons used in them are rarer still seeing the only constitute 2% of the firesarms used in murders , again do you want to keep attempting to speak on a subject you are clueless on? Because I'll keep correcting you  ;)

Factoring in the rate of death caused by mass shootings from Columbine to the present (about 210 people in 13 years), it will be more than 300 years until we reach the number of casualties that occur from accidental drownings every single year in this country. In a little more than 150 years from now, we’ll approach the number of people who are poisoned to death every single year in this country. Sometime in 2014 we might surpass the number of people struck by lightning every single year in this country.

It's okay to have an opinion but you have to be well researched and thought out before you share it because if you're not , the facts are doing to crush you into oblivion.

You are acting as if these shootings have no more political or cultural significance/resonance than drowning or other deaths.

The mall shootings, the batman cinema shooting, this most recent CT one, the obvious high profile other examples from every recent year or so. VT etc , They may not mean a lot to you in the grand scheme, but I'm telling you in the eyes of the world (yes I know many Americans don't acknowledge a world outside the states), it looks like a bunch of avoidable tragedies.

Yellow teeth tom dick and harry.....wow this shit just got intellectual!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #1270 on: December 23, 2012, 02:29:31 PM »
They may not mean a lot to you in the grand scheme, but I'm telling you in the eyes of the world (yes I know many Americans don't acknowledge a world outside the states), it looks like a bunch of avoidable tragedies.
I still can't figure out what it is with "the rest of the world" thinking that their opinion should somehow dictate our policy. You guys aren't us - your opinion on our homeland policy is irrelevant.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #1271 on: December 23, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »
You are acting as if these shootings have no more political or cultural significance/resonance than drowning or other deaths.

The mall shootings, the batman cinema shooting, this most recent CT one, the obvious high profile other examples from every recent year or so. VT etc , They may not mean a lot to you in the grand scheme, but I'm telling you in the eyes of the world (yes I know many Americans don't acknowledge a world outside the states), it looks like a bunch of avoidable tragedies.

You'd be wrong they have a lot of political significance because they anti-gun crowd will now use this to further their agenda , whenever they smell blood they start circling like vultures and my point is. The point is these events while tragic don't happen as often as you and the antis think they do

It still doesn't change the FACT that these events are very rare. It not only do they appear to look avoidable tragedies to other countries but to many Americans as well but like them you would be DEAD WRONG

How are they avoidable? tougher laws? This has been addressed and Connecticut has some on the toughest laws in the United States. A total ban on all firearms? This wouldn't avoid what happened because it's fantasy that the United States will collect 300 million guns. If not a total ban on guns how about an assault weapons ban ? CT already has one in effect. How about a ban on murder? Opppsss that's already illegal. How about a ban on theft? that's covered. How about a gun free school zone where people aren't allowed to bring firearms? covered.

Please Mr Enlightened friend across the Atlantic , tell us how this was/is avoidable so I can address that.

I never called you that , don't need to add insult to injury.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #1272 on: December 23, 2012, 04:14:37 PM »
Wayne LaPierre: If It’s Crazy To Put More Guns In Schools, Then Call Me Crazy

Ok. Should I call you Mr. Crazy or Crazy LaPierre?
G

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #1273 on: December 23, 2012, 04:20:08 PM »

Oh, that is an incredibly insightful and riotously funny response, did you spend all day coming up with that brilliance?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #1274 on: December 23, 2012, 04:20:31 PM »

Was it crazy when Bill Clinton called for it after Columbine?