Author Topic: CSWOL to compete in the NPC Los Angeles contest!  (Read 352076 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: CSWOL heading to the NPC Los Angeles contest.
« Reply #600 on: July 19, 2013, 10:08:49 PM »
Bodhi: If you want the ultimate, you have got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It is not tragic to die doing what you love.

AVBG

« Reply #601 on: July 19, 2013, 10:11:18 PM »
Point break 8)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #602 on: July 19, 2013, 10:18:50 PM »
Cswol,

I have never competed and I likely never will. So you can take what I say with a grain of salt.....unless you decide to go salt free. I know advice is cheap, but I am being straight with you on this. When you set goals, set some short term goals. Don't make everything hinge on a year + out from now.

You've mastered being swol and I am confident you can manage being ripped and still look big and impressive. Take it a week or a month at a time. Congratulate yourself on you success each time you see a little more separation and a little less of that fat layer that's concealing the true you. If you are successful 2/3 of the time (that would be 9 out of the next 12 months) you will be there when competition time comes.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #603 on: July 19, 2013, 11:00:15 PM »
prime thanks for the advice, although next years show is next year i made a long term idea, but day by day goals, right now my goals are eat clean meals, and train as hard as i can..........in 6 months those day by day goals will have me 6 months away................and van bilderass, you do realize the more hating you do everyday, the Bigger Shut Down your going to have coming! BOOM!

Tightskin

• Getbig II
« Reply #604 on: July 19, 2013, 11:05:13 PM »
Cswoll, glad to see you are still around and haven't exploded yet.   God bless you brother.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #605 on: July 19, 2013, 11:07:56 PM »

49 second mark........Boom! Will be next year!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #606 on: July 19, 2013, 11:08:18 PM »
prime thanks for the advice, although next years show is next year i made a long term idea, but day by day goals, right now my goals are eat clean meals, and train as hard as i can..........in 6 months those day by day goals will have me 6 months away................and van bilderass, you do realize the more hating you do everyday, the Bigger Shut Down your going to have coming! BOOM!

Cswol, as harsh as van was, he's right. Maybe not about the 180lbs. I feel you will be heavier, but who ever ( and it doesn't matter who it was,including Glass) are full of shit.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #607 on: July 19, 2013, 11:13:50 PM »

I stand for something and you cant kill that human spirit..........Boom!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #608 on: July 19, 2013, 11:14:26 PM »

As far as the haters go, most of them are probably armchair critics who have never seen the inside of a gym in their small and miserable lives. Never let them get you down. You know what you have to do to get the body you want. Ignore the haters and do what you know works. And if it isn't producing the results you hoped, try something different and seek out advice from people who actually want to see you succeed.

BTW, we both sport the same haircut. Rocks, doesn't it?

I believe you have a lot of people on Getbig who really want to see you succeed. There is a lot of positive energy working for you. Use it. It will help you get where you want to be.

Do you have a realistic image in your mind's eye of how you want to look when you step on the competition dias? If not, find one. Visualization is a great tool.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #609 on: July 19, 2013, 11:16:55 PM »
coach i see your competitive spirit is coming out, Im not consulting with charles glass, but I can say I plan to prove everyone wrong, coach I will even come over to your gym big as fuck before the show, and record for the whole board to see, when CSWOL does the BOOM, and the ric flair.......WOOO! You guys forget Im 6 feet tall, Im gona put a big BOOM Shut Down on yall, Be ready!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #610 on: July 19, 2013, 11:18:04 PM »
As far as the haters go, most of them are probably armchair critics who have never seen the inside of a gym in their small and miserable lives. Never let them get you down. You know what you have to do to get the body you want. Ignore the haters and do what you know works. And if it isn't producing the results you hoped, try something different and seek out advice from people who actually want to see you succeed.

BTW, we both sport the same haircut. Rocks, doesn't it?

I don't know who you're referring too, but neither me or van are hating and I can assure you we've, at least I, have seen the inside of our share of gyms and both of us have prepared our share of winning competitors.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #611 on: July 19, 2013, 11:19:46 PM »
coach your baaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccc ccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk k! Boom!

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #612 on: July 19, 2013, 11:20:28 PM »
everyday for 52 weeks were gona hammer this thread out...............

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #613 on: July 19, 2013, 11:21:50 PM »
coach i see your competitive spirit is coming out, Im not consulting with charles glass, but I can say I plan to prove everyone wrong, coach I will even come over to your gym big as fuck before the show, and record for the whole board to see, when CSWOL does the BOOM, and the ric flair.......WOOO! You guys forget Im 6 feet tall, Im gona put a big BOOM Shut Down on yall, Be ready!

Don't focus on the size, focus on the conditioning. You've been training for years, you'll have the size.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #614 on: July 19, 2013, 11:22:55 PM »
coach your baaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccc ccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk k! Boom!

Sort of.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #615 on: July 19, 2013, 11:24:59 PM »
coach i see your competitive spirit coming out...........im sure the point break videos upped the ante too...............boom.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #616 on: July 19, 2013, 11:25:23 PM »
Don't focus on the size, focus on the conditioning. You've been training for years, you'll have the size.

so what's the difference training wise?

i say the only difference is diet wise, basically something like this... eat more to gain, and eat less to get into condition

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #617 on: July 19, 2013, 11:29:02 PM »
I don't know who you're referring too, but neither me or van are hating and I can assure you we've, at least I, have seen the inside of our share of gyms and both of us have prepared our share of winning competitors.

It was a general statement. If you are not hating and you have genuine advice which will help Cswol achieve his goal, then I obviously was not referring to you.

In this medium as little encouragement is much more beneficial then negative criticism. Since you have helped others prepare for competition, you already know this, don't you?

In my opinion, Cswol needs to rein in his diet more. I have suggested this to him. A lot of folks think if they eat the right foods, they can eat as much as they want and that is just bogus. Unless one has a metabolism that burns up every calorie they consume, too many calories = too few pounds of fat loss.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #618 on: July 19, 2013, 11:31:39 PM »

i say the only difference is diet wise, basically something like this... eat more to gain, and eat less to get into condition

Mostly diet. But training has to be planned, not random like most do. Chart everything. If you're going.to compete, do it right. Don't just walk in to the gym and do whatever comes to mind.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #619 on: July 19, 2013, 11:33:25 PM »

....And train like there is no tomorrow. As you know, what you eat is just part of the equation. The basic principal you describe is absolutely correct though. Cswol doesn't need to gain, he should be working on his conditioning....period. This from me who is an amateur with years of experience.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #620 on: July 19, 2013, 11:35:23 PM »
Mostly diet. But training has to be planned, not random like most do. Chart everything. If you're going.to compete, do it right. Don't just walk in to the gym and do whatever comes to mind.

lots of the top guys train on instinct

yours isnt the only way
T

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #621 on: July 19, 2013, 11:36:47 PM »
Im doing everything everyone says and advice offered, Ive never trained just what comes to mind, i always have a agenda in my regimen, and I do train like its the last time i will train aka instinctively, this week i even tweaked my shoulder, so now I have that to work around, i have stepped everything up, right now Im 270 lbs 20% bodyfat.............I want to be 265 15% in 6 months.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #622 on: July 19, 2013, 11:39:13 PM »

do you know much about fred hatfield's training protocols?

and if so, what do you think about them?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #623 on: July 19, 2013, 11:39:25 PM »

This is very good advice.

Know your weaknesses and train to correct them while maintaining your strengths.

Like the song goes in the play Gypsy, "You gotta have a gimmick." What I mean by this is to do something that sets you apart from the other competitors in a positive way. There are going to be a lot of perfectly developed physiques on the competition stage. What the winner has is something his competitors does not. This is getting to be harder and harder to achieve. Cswol can do it with the help of people who really care.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #624 on: July 19, 2013, 11:39:55 PM »
lots of the top guys train on instinct

yours isnt the only way
[/quot

Imagine how much better they would be doing it my way. No such thing as "muscle confusion" , son.