Author Topic: 400 mgs Ibuprofen is 30x more hepatotoxic than 20mgs Dbol  (Read 9141 times)

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
Re: 400 mgs Ibuprofen is 30x more hepatotoxic than 20mgs Dbol
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 07:29:30 AM »
I'm on a 30 hour flight in two weeks and will be banging Ibu by the shovel full.

dustin

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 07:33:22 AM »
OK, but I have been there several times and I have seen with mine own eyes. This is Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (beautiful voice) and he basically writes lamentations in song about how fat his family is.

lol yeah, he's definitely a lot more on the porky side. No arguing there.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 07:36:12 AM »
lol yeah, he's definitely a lot more on the porky side. No arguing there.

I am pretty sure that is a uke he's holding, but it might be a guitar, LOL.

He's just in his bulking phase.

Ace

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2014, 07:55:11 AM »
Is it okay for a man to drink these?

"My friend" enjoys them.

Seeing as it's basically 5 shots in one I'd say yeah it is.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2014, 08:03:41 AM »
Currently on Citodon.

That's paracetamol and good ol' kodein.

Paracetamol is easy to overconsume and lately in Sweden, there has been more and more reports of pain killer intoxications with resulting liver damage.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2014, 10:26:14 AM »
I'm on a 30 hour flight in two weeks and will be banging Ibu by the shovel full.
make sure you get up and walk around every hr to prevent blood clots (DVT's)

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2014, 11:39:50 AM »
where does our good friend merlot fall in this mix?

Your MEOS has a lot to do with that......oh and milk thistle is REALLY good for your liver better than any of those vitamins you were mentioning throw in some curcumin while you're at it

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10397283

Microsomal ethanol-oxidizing system (MEOS): the first 30 years (1968-1998)--a review.

Lieber CS.

Author information

Abstract

Oxidation of ethanol via alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) explains various metabolic effects of ethanol but does not account for the tolerance and a number of associated disorders that develop in the alcoholic. These were elucidated by the discovery of the microsomal metabolism of ethanol. The physiologic role of this system comprises gluconeogenesis from ketones, fatty acid metabolism, and detoxification of xenobiotics, including ethanol. After chronic ethanol consumption, the activity of the microsomal ethanol-oxidizing system (MEOS) increases, with an associated rise in cytochromes P-450, especially CYP2E1. This induction is associated with proliferation of the endoplasmic reticulum, both in experimental animals and in humans. The role of MEOS in vivo and its increase after chronic ethanol consumption was shown most conclusively in alcohol dehydrogenase-negative deer mice. Enhanced ethanol oxidation is associated with cross-induction of the metabolism of other drugs, resulting in drug tolerance. Furthermore, there is increased conversion of known hepatotoxic agents (such as CCl4) to toxic metabolites, which may explain the enhanced susceptibility of alcoholics to the adverse effects of industrial solvents. CYP2E1 also has a high capacity to activate some commonly used drugs, such as acetaminophen, to their toxic metabolites, and to promote carcinogenesis (e.g., from dimethylnitrosamine). Moreover, catabolism of retinol is accelerated and there also is induction of microsomal enzymes involved in lipoprotein production, resulting in hyperlipemia. Contrasting with the chronic effects of ethanol consumption, acute ethanol intake inhibits the metabolism of other drugs through competition for the at least partially shared microsomal pathway. In addition, metabolism by CYP2E1 results in a significant free radical release and acetaldehyde production which, in turn, diminish reduced glutathione (GSH) and other defense systems against oxidative stress. Acetaldehyde also forms adducts with proteins, thereby altering the functions of mitochondria and of repair enzymes. Increases of CYP2E1 and its mRNA prevail in the perivenular zone, the area of maximal liver damage. CYP1A2 and CYP3A4, two other perivenular P-450s, can also sustain the metabolism of ethanol, thereby contributing to MEOS activity and possibly liver injury. By contrast, CYP2E1 inhibitors oppose alcohol-induced liver damage, but heretofore available compounds were too toxic for clinical use. Recently, however, polyenylphosphatidylchol ine (PPC), an innocuous mixture of polyunsaturated lecithins extracted from soybeans, was discovered to decrease CYP2E1 activity. PPC (and its active component dilinoleoylphosphatidylc holine) also oppose hepatic oxidative stress and fibrosis. PPC is now being tested clinically for the prevention and treatment of liver disease in the alcoholic.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2014, 11:44:43 AM »
pasta spam

That sounds delicious.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2014, 01:33:20 PM »
Tom Prince agrees.
A

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2014, 01:39:57 PM »
make sure you get up and walk around every hr to prevent blood clots (DVT's)

I've spanked the old account a bit and bought a business class seat. It should help.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2014, 02:39:56 PM »
OK, but I have been there several times and I have seen with mine own eyes. This is Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (beautiful voice) and he basically writes lamentations in song about how fat his family is.

Didn't be die? I remember seeing album covers of a dude like that with a ukulele...had long hair.

Bear232

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2014, 03:28:06 PM »
I've never seen ALT/AST bump up from Ibuprofen usage even at 800mg TID.

I have seen BUN and Creatinine elevations and even kidney failure (rare),  acetominophen is very hepatotoxic even at 2gm daily.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2014, 03:54:49 PM »

I have seen BUN and Creatinine elevations and even kidney failure (rare),  acetominophen is very hepatotoxic even at 2gm daily.

Yeah....rookie move, I confused ibuprofen with liver clearance. Oops!

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2014, 04:04:36 PM »
Didn't be die? I remember seeing album covers of a dude like that with a ukulele...had long hair.

Yeah, he died a few years ago.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2014, 06:24:12 PM »

Well, since I was actually born and raised here in Hawaii I'll speak on this. Polynesians (Hawaiians, Tongans, Samoans, Tahitians) are, in general (meaning there are exceptions), powerfully built, strong and put together like gods. The classic broad shouldered small waist body type. You can see their naturally strong build even as children by their legs. It's rare to see a Samoan, Tongan or Hawaiian without naturally developed calves and big meaty quads. Even the women. And they all pretty much look great when they are young. But, unless they make it point to stay in shape, they go to pot pretty fast after thirty. The native culture revolves around food and they are ravenous eaters. I can't even finish a typical plate lunch here but they can just literally inhale it. They're always eating. This is great when they're growing up and when they get into high school where they all gravitate to football and therefore weight lifting. And this will hold them over until their mid to late twenties. But after that... you're looking at an average weight of 275-325 lbs. I am absolutely astonished at how routine it is to see someone over 300 lbs here.

But there is a large Asian population so they do wonders, as they do in everything, in keeping the Bell Curve on an even keel. 

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2014, 03:46:08 AM »
" One dianabol a day keeps the doctor away "

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2014, 04:02:52 AM »

Died a long time ago. I think it was in 1997. I knew him when he was a kid. We played T-ball on the same team. The Palolo Braves. 

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2014, 05:42:57 AM »
I think more damage is caused by the edema and resulting hypertension than liver damage, unless one is combining it with other orals harsh on the liver or is drinking alcohol regularly with it.

high blood pressure over a long period of time will damage the kidneys along with a myriad of other health problems---its no joke

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2014, 12:59:33 PM »
i spoke to a retired pro who is still alive that said he took a full bottle of dbol every single day for over ten years straight in the 70's

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2014, 07:00:13 AM »
i spoke to a retired pro who is still alive that said he took a full bottle of dbol every single day for over ten years straight in the 70's

Liver of peace.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2014, 07:26:24 AM »

Pete Grymkowski?

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2014, 07:41:46 AM »

relax,he confused liver with kidney.

painmeds= bad for kidneys.

i wonder why that is?

n

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2014, 08:13:05 AM »
Spoked to a veterinarian weeks ago and he assured me that paracetamol is one of the worst  anti inflamatories when it comes to liver toxicity. Yes, liver. Worst than diclofeac, nimesulid, ibuprofen and such.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2014, 08:36:23 AM »
Spoked to a veterinarian weeks ago and he assured me that paracetamol is one of the worst  anti inflamatories when it comes to liver toxicity. Yes, liver. Worst than diclofeac, nimesulid, ibuprofen and such.
fuck me,

what are the common meds brands for ibuprofen?

they "sounds" harmless and common

and paracetamol as what is that known?

n

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2014, 09:30:01 AM »
Paracetamol has a comercial name of benuron.
I was surprised with this information also because paracetamol an injectable diclofenac (voltaren) are the only anti inflamatories that don't mess with my intestines, so i thought it was user friendly.

There is also some god stuff called Dol-u-ron wich is paracetamol 500 and 30mg of codein (opiate). Incredible for severe pain but addictive if one's doesn't control itself.