Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 498020 times)

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #700 on: March 04, 2020, 09:53:45 AM »
40 or more times deadlier than the seasonal flu, looking at the current figures, but keep in mind there are a lot of unreported cases.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #702 on: March 04, 2020, 10:20:32 AM »
Doesn't matter, even if it is 1%, it's 10 times higher than flu deaths, and hospitals are already overrun.Theres a very obvious trend here.All the naysayers are feeling and living in the moment,rather than thinking ,and all the doomsdayers are looking at the facts and have an ability to project ahead.And also the new 3.4% figure was announced yesterday by WHO.Not sure why you are using last weeks Info.

Let me help you out with the key points.

"The World Health Organization had said last week that the
    mortality rate of COVID-19 can differ,     ranging from 0.7% to up to 4%,     depending on the quality of the health-care system where it’s treated."

Understand now.

Also I posted info even the WHO are yet to have access to. The virulent L-Cov strain that was responsible for the most deaths started declining in January before the Wuhan lockdown. It likely peaked during the cold months like most virulent viruses do. This is possibly the strain that was doing the rounds in Northern Italy where it was able to last out in the cold mountain air.

The milder S-Cov form seems to be more resistant to the warmer weather and will likely hang around for a while. But the death rate with that will drop significantly.

You keep potatoing though, it's good entertainment.

Flexacon

• Getbig V

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #704 on: March 04, 2020, 10:39:43 AM »

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #705 on: March 04, 2020, 11:30:49 AM »
Let me help you out with the key points.

"The World Health Organization had said last week that the
    mortality rate of COVID-19 can differ,     ranging from 0.7% to up to 4%,     depending on the quality of the health-care system where it’s treated."

Understand now.

Also I posted info even the WHO are yet to have access to. The virulent L-Cov strain that was responsible for the most deaths started declining in January before the Wuhan lockdown. It likely peaked during the cold months like most virulent viruses do. This is possibly the strain that was doing the rounds in Northern Italy where it was able to last out in the cold mountain air.

The milder S-Cov form seems to be more resistant to the warmer weather and will likely hang around for a while. But the death rate with that will drop significantly.

You keep potatoing though, it's good entertainment.

Even at 1% hospitals wont be able to cope.Like I've been saying for about 20 pages now...

"Depending on the quality of the healthcare system where it's treated"

Doesn't matter if it's China,UK or USA , no treatment is no treatment.Once hospitals and emergency services are overrun watch that mortality rate shoot up.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #706 on: March 04, 2020, 11:45:34 AM »
Even at 1% hospitals wont be able to cope.Like I've been saying for about 20 pages now...

Doesn't matter if it's China/UK or USA , no treatment is no treatment.Once hospitals and emergency services are overrun.

And like I said in my first post in this thread. Thank you, but goodbye and good riddance to that 1% who RIP. If it means the risk to myself is slightly elevated temporarily then it's a price worth paying.

In the long term it will benefit the majority.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #707 on: March 04, 2020, 11:55:50 AM »

Finally AMZN will pay taxes....of the natural sort.

You liberals cheering for this to destroy the economy to spite Trump are spiting yourselves.

I seriously doubt anyone including 'liberals' is cheering for the coronavirus to destroy the economy. If you read Soulcrusher's posts, 99% of them support Trump solely because of the good economy. It is only natural to wonder if the primary reason people support Trump is the healthy economy, what happens to their support should the economy falter. It is possible Trump has too many eggs in one basket.

As a retired person, my income is directly affected by the state of the economy. I may not like Trump, but I'm such an idiot that I would 'cut off my nose to spite my face'.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #708 on: March 04, 2020, 12:03:03 PM »

Doesn't matter if it's China,UK or USA , no treatment is no treatment.Once hospitals and emergency services are overrun watch that mortality rate shoot up.

And if hospitals are not overrun? There are 31,845,260 745,957 staffed hospital beds in the U.S.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #709 on: March 04, 2020, 12:03:30 PM »

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #710 on: March 04, 2020, 12:09:31 PM »

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #711 on: March 04, 2020, 01:00:45 PM »
And if hospitals are not overrun? There are 31,845,260 staffed hospital beds in the U.S.

Lol, where did you get that number from.There are that around many admissions, staffed beds is around 792,417.Please don't tell me you thought there was 1 bed for every 10 americans?

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #712 on: March 04, 2020, 01:11:44 PM »
They just reported the first death in California.

J

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #713 on: March 04, 2020, 01:44:06 PM »
Lol, where did you get that number from.There are that around many admissions, staffed beds is around 792,417.Please don't tell me you thought there was 1 bed for every 10 americans?

Sorry about that. I read the total from the wrong column in the chart. According to the information I found, there are 745,957 staffed beds. The 31,845,260 figure is the number of discharges.

https://www.ahd.com/state_statistics.html

A more current estimate (2020) shows there are a total of 924,107
staffed beds in all U.S. hospitals. This includes non-medical facilities.

https://www.aha.org/statistics/fast-facts-us-hospitals   

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #714 on: March 04, 2020, 01:45:53 PM »
Sorry about that. I read the total from the wrong column in the chart. According to the information I found, there are 745,957 staffed beds. The 31,845,260 figure is the number of discharges.

https://www.ahd.com/state_statistics.html

A more current estimate (2020) shows there are a total of 924,107
staffed beds in all U.S. hospitals. This includes non-medical facilities.

https://www.aha.org/statistics/fast-facts-us-hospitals   

Problem is, and without looking the number up, I'd imagine 70% plus of those are used at all times.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #715 on: March 04, 2020, 10:46:33 PM »
They just reported the first death in California.

J

At the moment there is 159 cases of covid-19 in US, 11 deaths and 8 recovered patients. For some reason there is lot of countries where has been like in Singapore 110 cases and 78 recovered, no deaths. It will be interesting to see when amount of recovered patients start it's rise by that ultimate and great health care system of yours. It should be skyrocketing in any minute now..  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #716 on: March 05, 2020, 12:31:20 AM »
Problem is, and without looking the number up, I'd imagine 70% plus of those are used at all times.

If you are saying statistics aren't necessarily accurate, you are right. Problem is statistics are really all we've got. It's not like you, me or anyone else has the resources to prove others' statistics right or wrong or gather our own unbiased statistics. 

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #717 on: March 05, 2020, 12:49:05 AM »
At the moment there is 159 cases of covid-19 in US, 11 deaths and 8 recovered patients. For some reason there is lot of countries where has been like in Singapore 110 cases and 78 recovered, no deaths. It will be interesting to see when amount of recovered patients start it's rise by that ultimate and great health care system of yours. It should be skyrocketing in any minute now..  ;D

There is a crude ship being held off the coast of California. One male patient has died from the virus.

J

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #718 on: March 05, 2020, 12:54:00 AM »
They need to start mentioning the ages of the deaths. If everyone saw they were 80+ the social reaction would be different.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #719 on: March 05, 2020, 06:09:56 AM »
First case in South Africa now.

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #720 on: March 05, 2020, 06:20:04 AM »
They need to start mentioning the ages of the deaths. If everyone saw they were 80+ the social reaction would be different.

Good point, however disclosing that information ( even without a name ) may constitute a violation of an individuals rights to privacy regarding their medical history.

J

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #721 on: March 05, 2020, 06:22:52 AM »
Good point, however disclosing that information ( even without a name ) may constitute a violation of an individuals rights to privacy regarding their medical history.

J

they are hardly going to sue.
And giving away an age isnt anything that would constitute a breach of data protection, it doesnt identify an individual..

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #722 on: March 05, 2020, 06:50:21 AM »

In America, the average total daily occupancy of all hospital beds is around 66%, give or take a percent -

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/2017/089.pdf (last page).

The bigger problem is emergency care and ICU beds, particularity in urban areas. They are usually in the 70% +, range, but big city urban hospitals can see swells into the 90 percents at times.

https://www.pomsmeetings.org/confpapers/025/025-1782.pdf ( Bottom page 1, page 2 of that study, plus offhand conversations with hospital staff ).

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #723 on: March 05, 2020, 01:02:47 PM »
The plague.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #724 on: March 05, 2020, 02:48:57 PM »
Making my last trip to the shops for awhile today. Seems early to pull back for my area, which is good. Still going to work but am often alone there.

No idea what 27 pages has concluded but believe that
      - Most of us will get it, just like any flu going around.
      - Most of us will be fine, just like always.

But nobody knows anything for certain. I'm a little skeezed out by government and WHO statements, which is more than just the media selling hype.

So have a couple months worth of most things. Water and gas set aside for very unlikely SHTF contingency, but it would require the fall of the government for things like that to disappear. Pretty hard to stockpile for every eventuality when you're a disorganized and busy fuckhead like myself, so am going to have to attend a public setting at some point or at least be around someone, even if times is bad. Fwiw I like the Sundstrom SR200 with their 510 filter. Their Sr100 is a good mask too for adults. Been using them for years. Tyvek suit and work over delicate disposable gloves complete the apocalypse ensemble.

The Aussies seem to believe that toilet paper and anti-bac hand sanitizer will save them. You can procure these nowhere at the moment lol. If you haven't stocked up, go right now. Shortages are going to be deadlier than the disease if there's panic buying and/or supply interruptions. There's no reason to spend the End Of Times in a catabolic state.

BB related: Upping calories and carbs. Supping C and multi,  possibly add CoQ10 and echinacea.