Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 497929 times)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #750 on: March 06, 2020, 12:46:22 AM »
Yes, you are right. The tendency is to go all out when there is a threat. One school in my neighboring city of Lake Oswego, has been closed for a week because an employee tested positive for the coronavirus. Supposedly they've disinfected the entire building and it's contents (as if the is even possible). It was closed to appease the parents and other staff members. IMO.

Funny you should mention toilet paper, that was actually where I noticed the shelves were almost bare.

Well this is with zero cases in the area. The problem i have is logically if you have zero and you close, then it needs to be indefinitely closed until it passes. If you close at zero, open and there is 10 cases then.you deserve to get sued into oblivion.

You shut down when you have no choice. It's too costly to shut early because once you take that moral stance, you cannot reopen to cause infections. You will be sued, period.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #751 on: March 06, 2020, 12:55:10 AM »
wild caught salmon

There's no telling what they may do!!!

I'm with you on the fish. Am big on sardines and mackerel all the time. The no carbs and fasting periods thing not so much but I never really looked into it. What made you a believer for illness prevention?

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #752 on: March 06, 2020, 03:50:56 AM »
And the source of your great wisdom is?

All around you if you search the interwebz. Conventional medicine teaches u shit and „gave“ us the amount of chronic diseases u see today.  Also look up „autophagy“.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #753 on: March 06, 2020, 05:51:21 AM »
this thread is littered with expertise....

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #754 on: March 06, 2020, 06:08:06 AM »
All around you if you search the interwebz. Conventional medicine teaches u shit and „gave“ us the amount of chronic diseases u see today.  Also look up „autophagy“.

Who could have known, that Getbig had so many world renowned Epidemiologists?   ???

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #755 on: March 06, 2020, 06:59:43 AM »
Who could have known, that Getbig had so many world renowned Epidemiologists?   ???

I was addressing nutrition

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #757 on: March 06, 2020, 07:16:41 AM »
I was addressing nutrition
My apologies.

Who could have known, that Getbig had so many world renowned Nutritional Epidemiologists?   ???

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #758 on: March 06, 2020, 07:30:44 AM »

You're welcome. I'll have more for you later today.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #759 on: March 06, 2020, 07:34:24 AM »
You're welcome. I'll have more for you later today.

You seem to just be taking little known studies and articles that have yet to make mainstream media, mostly from Asia, and pasting them here.Nothing wrong with that as it's the way to stay ahead of the game on this subject, but it's all the same stuff I'm reading elsewhere word for word.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #760 on: March 06, 2020, 07:37:24 AM »
You seem to just be taking little known studies and articles that have yet to make mainstream media, mostly from Asia, and pasting them here.Nothing wrong with that as it's the way to stay ahead of the game on this subject, but it's all the same stuff I'm reading elsewhere word for word.

Where do you think those studies came from? They were formulated by myself and my team of experts...

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #761 on: March 06, 2020, 07:39:11 AM »
Where do you think those studies came from? They were formulated by myself and my team of experts...

;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #762 on: March 06, 2020, 02:52:00 PM »

True. The internet is full of crackpots with outrageous theories and conspiracies working to destroy life as we know it. And there's the profiteers seeking to make a fortune off 'snake oil' cures.

Misuse of antibiotics and antivirals may result in new stronger strains of these things which become increasing more difficult to fight off. The misuse is most often the fault of the patient and not the medical profession.

The concept of autophagy seems to make sense. If it is a natural way of ridding the body of damaged cells wouldn't it happen automatically?  Maybe we humans are so out of touch with our bodies needs, we no longer respond to a natural inclination to fast when ill. You see a distinct loss of appetite in other animals who are sick.

How many of us have heard the phrase "feed a cold and starve a fever"? This is only partly true according to some medical professionals. Most of us aren’t exactly ravenous when we’re feeling under the weather. That’s because appetite is naturally suppressed when we’re sick so that energy can be directed toward the immune system rather than digestion.

This might explain why it generally isn't a good idea to eat immediately prior to exercising. It depletes our energy for having a good workout. I had this experience the other day when I ate two slices of pizza shortly before working out. I had almost no energy for the workout.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #763 on: March 06, 2020, 04:12:46 PM »
Seasonal Flu kills 646,000 people a year worldwide. Corona is a new flu. The fear is not that it's going to kill you, it has a mortality rate right now about what the seasonal flu has, about 0.2%, but the overwhelming majority will not die. The seasonal flu kills a tiny percentage of people, for example elderly with weakened immune systems. Even though we can't imagine dying of seasonal flu, take a Nyquil, adding a NEW flu to the world could kill hundreds of thousands of people based on its mortality rate, which is why containment is the issue, not that it's going to kill you. But if you get Corona, 99.7% chance you'll get the sniffles and feel like shit. It's a worldwide issue of numbers and containment, the fear mongering press is selling fear so you're afraid to go outside.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #764 on: March 06, 2020, 04:15:00 PM »
Seasonal Flu kills 646,000 people a year worldwide. Corona is a new flu. The fear is not that it's going to kill you, it has a mortality rate right now about what the seasonal flu has, about 0.2%, but the overwhelming majority will not die. The seasonal flu kills a tiny percentage of people, for example elderly with weakened immune systems. Even though we can't imagine dying of seasonal flu, take a Nyquil, adding a NEW flu to the world could kill hundreds of thousands of people based on its mortality rate, which is why containment is the issue, not that it's going to kill you. But if you get Corona, 99.7% chance you'll get the sniffles and feel like shit. It's a worldwide issue of numbers and containment, the fear mongering press is selling fear so you're afraid to go outside.

? It's mortality rate currently is above 4% using completed cases, either died or recovered.Ironically it's the first time in history where the press have actually downplayed something.Because they know there's a very real chance this could be a once in a lifetime level of devestation.

Also this guy:

"This is the most frightening disease I’ve ever encountered in my career, and that includes Ebola, it includes MERS, it includes SARS."

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #765 on: March 06, 2020, 04:17:09 PM »

Fucken moron - is that you Don?

3.4% Mortality Rate estimate by the World Health Organization (WHO) as of March 3
In his opening remarks at the March 3 media briefing on Covid-19, WHO Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus stated:

“Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected.” [13]

Initial estimate was 2%
Initially, the World Health Organization (WHO) had mentioned 2% as a mortality rate estimate in a press conference on Wednesday, January 29 [1][2] and again on February 10. However, on January 29 WHO specified that this was a very early and provisional estimate that might have changed. Surveillance was increasing, within China but also globally, but at the time it was said that:

We don't know how many were infected ("When you look at how many people have died, you need to look at how many people where infected, and right now we don't know that number. So it is early to put a percentage on that."[1][2]).
The only number currently known is how many people have died out of those who have been reported to the WHO.
It is therefore very early to make any conclusive statements about what the overall mortality rate will be for the novel coronavirus, according to the World Health Organization [1][2].

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #766 on: March 06, 2020, 04:24:25 PM »
Fucken moron - is that you Don?

3.4% Mortality Rate estimate by the World Health Organization (WHO) as of March 3
In his opening remarks at the March 3 media briefing on Covid-19, WHO Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus stated:

“Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected.” [13]
Numbers are political, but take your number of 3.4%. My point is the same, it's about containment, not freaking that you're going to die. It's horrifying that a million a year could die IF 3.4% is correct, but 96.6% of people will get the flu. 3% of people have weakened immune systems in general. My only point is that it's containment, you're not going to die to you and your fear mongering crowd. I'm not at all downplaying the worldwide significance.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #767 on: March 06, 2020, 04:28:26 PM »
Numbers are political, but take your number of 3.4%. My point is the same, it's about containment, not freaking that you're going to die. It's horrifying that a million a year could die IF 3.4% is correct, but 96.6% of people will get the flu. 3% of people have weakened immune systems in general. My only point is that it's containment, you're not going to die to you and your fear mongering crowd. I'm not at all downplaying the worldwide significance.

What happens when hospitals are full, medicines have run out , and young kids or young adults need medicines to stay alive through conditions like diabetes, or need emergency surgery etc?at this rate you can expect UK/USA cases to be 10x+ in numbers within 10 days, 10 days after that I dont even want to imagine.The stress on health services will be immense.

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #768 on: March 06, 2020, 04:46:12 PM »

Your only point is the one on top of your FUCKEN head.

J

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #769 on: March 06, 2020, 05:01:05 PM »
What happens when hospitals are full, medicines have run out , and young kids or young adults need medicines to stay alive through conditions like diabetes, or need emergency surgery etc?at this rate you can expect UK/USA cases to be 10x+ in numbers within 10 days, 10 days after that I dont even want to imagine.The stress on health services will be immense.

The US, Trump and co need to pull it's finger out or this will be remembered in the same way as Katrina for them.

UK will be fine by comparison. This will last for maybe 6 to 8 weeks tops, but just think this time next year their won't be a 3 weeks waiting time to get an appointment to see your GP. A necessary evil, but the herd needs thinning...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #770 on: March 06, 2020, 10:59:29 PM »
? It's mortality rate currently is above 4% using completed cases, either died or recovered.Ironically it's the first time in history where the press have actually downplayed something.Because they know there's a very real chance this could be a once in a lifetime level of devestation.

Also this guy:

"This is the most frightening disease I’ve ever encountered in my career, and that includes Ebola, it includes MERS, it includes SARS."

So, who is this guy? Someone you ran into on the streets?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #771 on: March 06, 2020, 11:12:20 PM »
The Chicken Little Virus (CLV) is spreading here. Buncha slack-jawed schmoemosexuals. 

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #772 on: March 07, 2020, 12:56:03 AM »
So, who is this guy? Someone you ran into on the streets?

If you watched 15 seconds of the video you'd find out.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #773 on: March 07, 2020, 01:17:29 AM »
197 dead in Italy

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #774 on: March 07, 2020, 06:11:49 AM »