Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 497922 times)

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #1600 on: March 16, 2020, 05:07:37 PM »
"selling"

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
Re: Corona Virus......am I missing something?
« Reply #1601 on: March 16, 2020, 05:08:35 PM »
I realize that the coronavirus has a high mortality rate, but there are 80,000 cases in China and the transmission is already slowing down.

I don't see how 80,000 cases in China, a country of over 1 billion people equates to 60 million cases in the US.

Also the graph you posted is deceptive. The virus started over 120 days ago not 60. If you look at a graph from China you'll see it's hardly exponential.

If the transmission rate is so high why did they have to manipulate the graph?  ???

China forced people to lock themselves in their homes to stop the spread starting in January, they were very strict about it. Do you think Americans would voluntarily lock themselves in their homes for over a month? From traffic data coming out of Wuhan (11 million population), there is still very low activity, so people are still quarantined since January 25th. That's nearly 2 months of quarantine.  Americans won't do this which means infections will skyrocket.

The graph I posted is deaths not infected. You graph you just posted is already out of date as there are 27,980 infected in italy, not 12,462. And all other countries is 101,529 cases not 16,966. See how fast it's increasing?

Right click, open image in new tab...

This is traffic congestion nearly two months after lockdown of a 11 million person city, the city is still dead, barely any traffic!!! That's why China is controlling it, they shut down everything, nobody leave their homes for months!!!

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #1602 on: March 16, 2020, 05:10:39 PM »
No not bad ass at all.
Just not buying into mass hysteria & mass control
Even if your so Gullible & wish to be fooled & controled
Some of us are able to Think & act for ourselves

You carry on as you wish.

And how do you do that exactly, think and act for yourselves? Will you go to the gym even though it's locked? Will you meet up with other people even though there's a risk of getting the virus and infecting somebody elder or with an illness that might die because of it?
Will you stop washing your hands?

Let me know all the AWESOME stuff you guys do that others dont, you who can think and act for yourself!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #1604 on: March 16, 2020, 05:22:42 PM »
China forced people to lock themselves in their homes to stop the spread starting in January, they were very strict about it. Do you think Americans would voluntarily lock themselves in their homes for over a month? From traffic data coming out of Wuhan (11 million population), there is still very low activity, so people are still quarantined since January 25th. That's nearly 2 months of quarantine.  Americans won't do this which means infections will skyrocket.

The graph I posted is deaths not infected. You graph you just posted is already out of date as there are 27,980 infected in italy, not 12,462. And all other countries is 101,529 cases not 16,966. See how fast it's increasing?

Right click, open image in new tab...

This is traffic congestion nearly two months after lockdown of a 11 million person city, the city is still dead, barely any traffic!!! That's why China is controlling it, they shut down everything, nobody leave their homes for months!!!

So, how and when did it spread to so many other countries?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #1605 on: March 16, 2020, 05:22:44 PM »
The whacked out, spun out, brain dead mayor of San Francisco just order a "Shelter in Place" order for 6.5 million people.  HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA!

Unenforceable, attention whoring shit. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂
a

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Q

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #1608 on: March 16, 2020, 05:30:19 PM »

It's been in China since November/December. So Chinese travelers have been travelling all over the world since then until lockdown, Chinese travelers have infected people wherever they traveled. Then the infected locals spread it around, the virus spreading stealthily due to long incubation period before symptoms show.

Just before Wuhan was shutdown, 5 million people left the city.

https://www.businessinsider.com/5-million-left-wuhan-before-coronavirus-quarantine-2020-1

5 million people left Wuhan before China quarantined the city to contain the coronavirus outbreak
Ashley Collman Jan 28, 2020, 2:41 AM

- About 5 million people left Wuhan, China, before the lockdown last week, the city's mayor said Sunday.
- As of Monday, 81 people have died from Wuhan coronavirus, and more than 2,700 cases have been reported in mainland China.
- The virus has spread to 13 countries as well, with five confirmed cases in the US.

Note China started strict lockdown when with only 2700 cases at the time and it still increased to 80,000.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #1609 on: March 16, 2020, 05:37:02 PM »
Well not everybody can be so cool and bad ass as illuminati and tommywishbone  ::)

"...Cool and bad ass..."?

No sir. Just not scared of the boogie man, or monsters, or nightmares.

Get a hold of yourself. Stand tall. Pretend people are watching.

You do not have to be strong and brave to act strong and brave.
a

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #1610 on: March 16, 2020, 05:52:23 PM »
"...Cool and bad ass..."?

No sir. Just not scared of the boogie man, or monsters, or nightmares.

Get a hold of yourself. Stand tall. Pretend people are watching.

You do not have to be strong and brave to act strong and brave.

Too much Game of Thrones for you, give it a rest.

What a nerd.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #1611 on: March 16, 2020, 05:59:57 PM »
Just flu, bro

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1612 on: March 16, 2020, 06:00:20 PM »
“This is a very contagious — this is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible,” he said. “But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.” - A man baby with limited vocabulary trying to sound presidential  aka leadership according to bigots like Kung

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trumps-repeated-insistences-that-coronavirus-is-under-control-have-reached-a-critical-moment/ar-BB11gesM

Trump’s repeated insistences that coronavirus is under control have reached a critical moment
 Philip Bump 6 hrs ago
Dow dives 3,000 points in worst day since 1987
Elba says he tested positive for coronavirus
Energized by the stock markets’ late surge two days earlier, President Trump on Sunday offered assurances about the progress of the country’s fight against the novel coronavirus.

Mike Pence, Anthony S. Fauci, Brett Giroir, Jerome Adams, Deborah Birx standing in front of a crowd: President Trump leaves the news briefing room at the White House on Sunday. (Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images)© Tasos Katopodis/AFP/Getty Images President Trump leaves the news briefing room at the White House on Sunday. (Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images)
“This is a very contagious — this is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible,” he said. “But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”

It was a bit of optimism that seemed to run contrary to the moment. It was also a return to form for Trump, who has continually claimed that the virus is under control in the United States.

Subscribe to the Post Most newsletter: Today’s most popular stories on The Washington Post

He did so two weeks ago, during his speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference. At the time, there were still under 100 cases in the United States.

“We’ve done a great job. And I’ve gotten to know these professionals,” Trump said then. “They’re incredible. And everything is under control. I mean, they’re very, very cool. They’ve done it, and they’ve done it well. Everything is really under control.”

Since then, the number of confirmed cases in the country has risen an average of 30 percent a day. That’s confirmed cases; the actual number of cases is undoubtedly an order of magnitude higher. It’s hard to ascertain the actual number, in part because only about 30,000 tests have been conducted.

During his first briefing on the coronavirus, on Feb. 26, Trump insisted that the government had things well in hand.

“It’s going to be very well under control. Now, it may get bigger, it may get a little bigger. It may not get bigger at all. We’ll see what happens,” he said, later adding that the virus “is a little bit different [from the flu], but in some ways it’s easier and in some ways it’s a little bit tougher. But we have it so well under control. I mean, we really have done a very good job.”

He also said publicly that the virus was under control on Feb. 25, Feb. 24, Feb. 23, Jan. 30 and Jan. 22. That last example came during an interview with CNBC.

“We have it totally under control,” he said then. “It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s — going to be just fine.”

Needless to say, the government did not have it under control. The question now is whether the damage from the virus can be controlled, both directly — infections and deaths — and indirectly, in the strain it puts on the country’s health-care system. That strain could lead to additional deaths as lifesaving resources needed for other issues are consumed by coronavirus patients.

That grim reality has been experienced in Italy, where the number of coronavirus infections has continued to grow. As we noted last week, the increase in cases in the United States has tracked with the increase in Italy, trailing Italy by a bit over a week in the number of cases. On Sunday, there were nearly 3,700 cases in the United States, about where Italy was on March 6.

This is not a portrait of a country where coronavirus is under control.

a close up of a map
The good news is that the increase in confirmed cases in the United States is not climbing at the same rate as in Spain or China, growth rates that stand out when considering the shift since the 500th case was reported in each country. (Again, we reiterate the necessary caveat that the real, undetected number of cases in the United States is much larger.) The bad news is that it’s continuing to grow.

a close up of a map
Notice, though, how Italy and South Korea diverged at about the point that the United States has reached. South Korea, which conducted broad testing for the virus and implemented stringent social distancing measures, saw the number of new cases slow. Italy, which was slower to respond, has seen a continued increase.

a close up of a map
It offers a glimmer of hope for the United States: Are the measures being rolled out across the country enough to shift our trajectory to mirror that of South Korea? Might Trump’s repeated confidence about the virus being under control reflect such a shift?

Unfortunately, zooming back to the 100-case level suggests that it doesn’t. South Korea’s effort to limit the number of cases it was seeing was already evident at the point the United States has reached. The slope of the curve had already begun to shift downward.

a close up of a map
These are absolute numbers, so part of the reason that the rate of increase in the United States better mirrors that in Italy than in South Korea may be a function of the fact that the United States’ efforts to shift the behavior of its population is slower.

But that may just be optimism. As noted above, the United States has continued to average about 30 percent more confirmed cases each day since hitting the 500th case. That’s slower than Spain, but faster than both Italy and South Korea.

a screenshot of a cell phone
There is certainly value in the president calming Americans’ concerns about the coronavirus. The challenge for Trump, though, is that his assurances have been uncoupled from reality for months. It’s hard to see evidence for his claim that the virus is under control now just as it was hard to see how he could make a similar assurance in late January.

News to stay informed. Advice to stay safe.
Click here for complete coronavirus coverage from Microsoft News
If some portion of Trump’s confidence Sunday stemmed from his enthusiasm about the market surge Friday — he sent an autographed picture of the surge to his favorite host on Fox Business — that confidence has probably waned. Markets opened down significantly Monday morning.

The threat to the economy isn’t demonstrably under control, either.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #1613 on: March 16, 2020, 06:10:05 PM »

For Italy

"" On 31 January, the first two cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in Rome. A Chinese couple, originally from Wuhan, who had arrived in Italy on January 23 via Milan Malpensa Airport travelled from the airport to Verona, then to Parma, arriving in Rome on 28 January. The next afternoon, they developed a cough, and by evening the man had a fever; the couple were taken to Lazzaro Spallanzani National Institute for Infectious Diseases where they tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 and were hospitalised.[20][2] The Italian government suspended all flights to and from China and declared a state of emergency. Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said Italy was the first EU country to take this kind of precautionary measure.[21] The government also introduced thermal scanners and temperature checks on international passengers arriving at Italian airports.[22] ""

This was the next 6 weeks or so:

1/31/2020   2 (n.a.)
2/6/2020   3 (+50%)
2/21/2020   20 (+567%)
2/22/2020   79 (+295%)
2/23/2020   150 (+90%)
2/24/2020   227 (+51%)
2/25/2020   320 (+41%)
2/26/2020   445 (+39%)
2/27/2020   650 (+46%)
2/28/2020   888 (+37%)
2/29/2020   1,128 (+27%)
3/1/2020   1,694 (+50%)
3/2/2020   2,036 (+20%)
3/3/2020   2,502 (+23%)
3/4/2020   3,089 (+23%)
3/5/2020   3,858 (+25%)
3/6/2020   4,636 (+20%)
3/7/2020   5,883 (+27%)
3/8/2020   7,375 (+25%)
3/9/2020   9,172 (+24%)
3/10/2020   10,149 (+11%)
3/11/2020   12,462 (+23%)
3/12/2020   15,113 (+21%)
3/13/2020   17,660 (+17%)
3/14/2020   21,157 (+20%)
3/15/2020   24,747 (+17%)
3/16/2020   27,980 (+13%[ii])

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1614 on: March 16, 2020, 06:24:01 PM »
you have not seen anything yet,....wait for the next Monday. Stay home and thank me later.

Life's too short, specially for old guys like me. I'm not hibernating unless I get sick with the virus and am contagious. Went to the gym as usual today and will do the same tomorrow and everyday there after. To do otherwise is to give in to something which may never happen. Stay strong!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1615 on: March 16, 2020, 06:26:09 PM »
if a few billion people die , what is the problem . . . ?  ???

If that happens, you will definitely know what the problem is.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1616 on: March 16, 2020, 06:27:29 PM »
Wife walked out the door this morning with no fear as she starts work managing one of the major test clinics set up downtown Toronto. Woman doesn't need to work at all and jumps right into the front lines of dealing with this, literally face to face. I would say the chances of me getting this are big. Bring it COVID!

Stay healthy and be strong. The virus goes after the weak and sick.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1617 on: March 16, 2020, 06:32:30 PM »
Half of you people posting on here better hope the virus isn't anything to worry about... if your grandparents die from it then whose basement will you be living in next?

This is exactly what I told my kids and grand kids who live with me! Now they are trying to make me stay at home in isolation (not really). Actually, I'm doing everything I can to stay strong and healthy. I don't want to be a candidate for this virus. Lots of rest, healthy food, exercise and an upbeat attitude. It's all good.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1618 on: March 16, 2020, 06:36:22 PM »
it wasnt a board meeting, it was a karaoke at the old folks home you live in... ;D

Well everyone on the board is either retired or semi-retired so you could be right....only you aren't. Fortunately, we all can afford to and are healthy enough to live in our own homes. Plus, I suck at karaoke. Being the board chair is more my style.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1619 on: March 16, 2020, 06:37:58 PM »

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1620 on: March 16, 2020, 06:40:23 PM »
Wife walked out the door this morning with no fear as she starts work managing one of the major test clinics set up downtown Toronto. Woman doesn't need to work at all and jumps right into the front lines of dealing with this, literally face to face. I would say the chances of me getting this are big. Bring it COVID!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1621 on: March 16, 2020, 06:47:10 PM »
Looks a little too innocent for him.

Exactly! This is more my style....

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1622 on: March 16, 2020, 06:47:41 PM »
The sky is falling!!!! ::) ::) ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1623 on: March 16, 2020, 06:48:30 PM »

I wouldn't mind this lady playing footsie with me.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1624 on: March 16, 2020, 06:53:27 PM »
If that happens, you will definitely know what the problem is.

Makes one wonder whether they are acting on a moral question or a financial one.

Flexatron posted a real eye opener point in one of these threads.