Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 497975 times)

Twaddle

• Getbig V
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #3775 on: May 22, 2020, 09:07:08 AM »
Corona actually came at a good time. Was planning on selling my home in a year, going to put it on the market very soon instead. We will rent a home in the neighborhood we plan on buying in then swoop in when prices bottom and get a huge discount as real estate prices plummet.

If you sell your house now, you'll be selling in a down market.  The real estate market is stagnant right now.  Won't you be getting far less for your house?   ???

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3776 on: May 22, 2020, 09:10:35 AM »
I know COVID19 is real. I had it.
X

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #3777 on: May 22, 2020, 09:14:59 AM »
If you sell your house now, you'll be selling in a down market.  The real estate market is stagnant right now.  Won't you be getting far less for your house?   ???
My home value is at a peak, will start dropping in the next few months. Selling at a peak, buying at the bottom.
T

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #3778 on: May 22, 2020, 09:23:18 AM »
I know COVID19 is real. I had it.

I've been 'exposed' to several people with COVID-19 and I have had zero side effects.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3779 on: May 22, 2020, 09:26:49 AM »
I've been 'exposed' to several people with COVID-19 and I have had zero side effects.

That's because you're an alpha getbigger.
X

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3780 on: May 22, 2020, 09:26:56 AM »
Well, this was unexpected:

Dr. Anthony Fauci says staying closed for too long could cause ‘irreparable damage’

“We had to do that when we had the explosion of cases but now is the time depending upon where you are and what your situation is to begin to seriously look at reopening the economy, reopening the country to try to get back to some degree of normal.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/22/dr-anthony-fauci-says-staying-closed-for-too-long-could-cause-irreparable-damage.html

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3781 on: May 22, 2020, 09:32:46 AM »
My home value is at a peak, will start dropping in the next few months. Selling at a peak, buying at the bottom.

I see.  You had best sell quick.   :)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3782 on: May 22, 2020, 09:39:25 AM »

Smart move. There will definitely be a lag before prices start hitting bottom.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3783 on: May 22, 2020, 10:20:10 AM »
First they push you into the water and then save you from drowning. Now don‘t you forget who „saved“ you sir! We know what‘s best for you!

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #3785 on: May 22, 2020, 10:32:12 AM »
of course virus is real
so is common cold
flu
sniffles
diarrhea (democraps)
heartburn
car accidents
etc

Some people will die from it, but not many
govt shutting down and crashing the world economy is criminal
nothing anyone can do
very crooked world we live in, we just know more now with all the sjw experts out there to guide us
all talk, no cock
trumps crazy, biden is insane

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3786 on: May 22, 2020, 01:48:11 PM »
Corona actually came at a good time. Was planning on selling my home in a year, going to put it on the market very soon instead. We will rent a home in the neighborhood we plan on buying in then swoop in when prices bottom and get a huge discount as real estate prices plummet.

You hope.  And depending on where you live you may get lucky. An overpriced house up the street just sold within a couple of days of the sign being posted. They tried to sell it a year ago and couldn't.  Virtual tours are what's happening around here. The place looked good online.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3787 on: May 22, 2020, 02:03:27 PM »
You hope.  And depending on where you live you may get lucky. An overpriced house up the street just sold within a couple of days of the sign being posted. They tried to sell it a year ago and couldn't.  Virtual tours are what's happening around here. The place looked good online.

Im not buying a house unless the online tour has "smellyvision"

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3788 on: May 22, 2020, 02:17:54 PM »
Im not buying a house unless the online tour has "smellyvision"

Yeah. Properties with any tobacco or marijuana residue smell are an immediate turnoff for many people. Being a non-smoker, even the slightest hint of smokers having lived is evident to me. Cat smells more-so than dog odors can be a problem. There are products which can remove some odors as long as they haven't permeated everything. The worst thing I ever smelled was an apartment where the tenet had passed and was not immediately discovered until the odor of rotting flesh seeped from the unit.

A virtual tour is most often just step in the process of finding the right property. Videos are better than photos which are often morphed to make the spaces look larger. It is never advisable to buy a place unseen (meaning an actual walk-through or two). 

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #3789 on: May 22, 2020, 03:33:12 PM »
I'm asymptomatic, same as the rest of my family, and the same as the other 80-90% of people who get COVID-19. So this virus does not bother me.

I never get the flu either, so I was expecting the same with this and had no symptoms.

It seems to mostly effect people with weak immune systems or other underlying conditions.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3790 on: May 22, 2020, 05:28:15 PM »
I'm asymptomatic, same as the rest of my family, and the same as the other 80-90% of people who get COVID-19. So this virus does not bother me.

I never get the flu either, so I was expecting the same with this and had no symptoms.

It seems to mostly effect people with weak immune systems or other underlying conditions.

Just to be safe, knock on wood. Like you, I have never had the flu that I know of, so this probably means I am either immune or asymptomatic. And considering the usual indications my immune system seems like it must be very strong....good genetics....makes sense. Most people have some physical weaknesses. There is a lot of cancer in my family. Since middle age, I've had incidences of what the doctors described as pre-cancers having to do with organs, mostly skin and nothing fortunately connected to my blood, (my grandfather died of leukemia which he lived with for a long time before it took him at a very advanced age).

I actually have thought very little about becoming infected with COVID-19 although I am wearing a mask when it public to protect others should I be a carrier. Not to be political here, but that's the one thing that pisses me off about Trump not wearing a mask, particularly when he toured the Ford manufacturing plant. He can feel as invincible as he wants and I have no issue, but he doesn't get that wearing a mask is not for self protection so much as it is to protect those around you.   

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3791 on: May 22, 2020, 06:28:54 PM »
Patrick Ewing in hospital with Covid19.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3792 on: May 22, 2020, 07:22:35 PM »
Patrick Ewing in hospital with Covid19.

OMG! Who's next.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #3793 on: May 22, 2020, 08:32:05 PM »
This actually looks like a solid post until you actually think about it and realize it's not a solid post.

Here are the 10 steps you should employ, if you want to turn an unthreatening virus into a global power grab.
1 Start with a poorly defined virus, add an inaccurate test for it, and encourage as many terminally or critically ill people as possible to be repeat tested until they test positive.

You are assuming that the tests have been focused on people on the brink of death, instead of people with symptoms associated with Covid-19. Until you back up that claim with sound evidence, there's no reason to accept this as true.

2 Report your inevitably very high death rates and get vague about whether these people died OF the virus or simply WITH it.

Now it's assumed that health professionals have no idea what they're doing, or that they're blindly following malicious guidelines. Again, without sound evidence, there's no reason to accept this as true.

3 Create a ‘response’ to the ‘crisis’ that rolls out a vast network of authoritarian measures, some of which have been in planning for a long while, and only a minority of which have any possible application to pandemic-prevention. (Make sure to cancel elections until further notice and to hugely increase police powers of arrest and surveillance)

Draconian measures have been taken, that's true. For how long they've been planned out, or how they're helping parties currently in power is unclear.

4 Shut down your hospitals to all but ‘covid cases’. Cancel elective surgeries, kidney dialysis, cancer treatments, normal GP consultations and all “non-emergency healthcare”. Thus inevitably increasing all-cause mortality.

True, but that wouldn't increase Covid-19 cases.

5 Change your laws in numerous ways to allow almost all of these new deaths to bypass normal checks and balances and be easily diagnosed as ‘covid-19 related’, either with the inaccurate test or simply by ‘clinical presentation’.
6 In case some attending medics are reluctant to go along with this, change the law to allow a single MD, who may never even have seen the patient in question, to diagnose covid19 at his/her own discretion.
7 Report the startling numbers of ‘new cases’ you find as a result of these various manipulations, as evidence for how essential the new authoritarian measures are for ‘saving lives’.
8 With no sense of irony introduce mandatory Do Not Resuscitate (DNR)s for any demographic you consider useless eaters. (If challenged talk about human suffering, limited healthcare resources and ventilators)
9 Don’t forget to add any ensuing deaths to the covid19 totals.

Same assumptions as number 2.

10 Make sure the media calls anyone who questions any part of this a ‘conspiracy theorist’.

I don't think most people think it's wrong to question the media or the goverment. In fact, I think most people understandably doubt these two.

At least in my case, I question those who have made the decision of rule out Covid-19 as a hoax right from the start, with literally no evidence whatsoever. Those people have made out their minds a long time ago, and nothing is gonna change that.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #3794 on: May 22, 2020, 08:49:12 PM »
And just to be clear, what I think of Covid-19, based on what we now know is:

- It's a flu on steroids, with 5-10 times the death rate.
- Social distancing is needed.
- Quarantines may have been helpful in places with weak health systems, in order to prepare for the disease, but they're not sustainable and need to be lifted.
- Most deaths involve people in their older years.
- Around a quarter of people who have died from Covid could have lived another 10 years if they didn't get the disease.
- A very small proportion of young, healthy individuals die from it, but it's unclear why.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3795 on: May 22, 2020, 10:45:01 PM »
Man Who Has Never Had an Actual Job Encourages Laid-Off Workers to Pick Fruit

The Prince of Wales is a 71-year-old man who has more first names (four) than he's had actual jobs (zero), but that hasn't stopped everyone's second least-favorite Royal from suggesting that recently unemployed Brits should be more-than-willing to earn a single-digit hourly wage while picking fruit for the next several months.

In a video posted to Twitter, a ruddy-cheeked Prince Charles stood on the impeccably manicured grounds of his 53,000 acre Scottish estate and, for 95 carefully enunciated seconds, explained that the country needs people who "are genuinely going to commit" to the exhausting work of harvesting fruits and vegetables for the remainder of the growing season.

"If we are to harvest British fruit and vegetables this year, we need an army of people to help. Food does not happen by magic. It all begins with our remarkable farmers and growers," he said. "It will be hard graft, but is hugely important if we are to avoid the growing crops going to waste [...] I do not doubt that the work will be unglamorous and at times challenging, but it is of utmost importance and, at the height of this global pandemic, you will be making a vital contribution to the national effort."

Charles name dropped Pick for Britain, the government's newly launched campaign to find seasonal help for farms and farmers who desperately need it. According to The Guardian, 98 percent of the United Kingdom's fruit pickers came from countries elsewhere in Europe last year, with the majority of them arriving from Bulgaria and Romania. In late March, before the UK locked itself down, the Concordia charity had secured the services of more than 10,000 foreign workers, but only a handful of them were allowed to travel in time.

Due to a combination of coronavirus-related travel restrictions, a controversial immigration bill that targets so-called "unskilled" workers, and good old fashioned xenophobia, there are anywhere between 70,000 and 90,000 seasonal positions that still need to be filled—and fast. On Tuesday, Environment Secretary George Eustice introduced the shiny new Pick for Britain website for job-seekers who are ready to be up to their elbows in broad beans.

"We believe those who are furloughed may be getting to the point that they want to lend a hand and play their part," he said. “They may be wanting to get out and they may be wanting to supplement their income. If they do feel that way, I would urge them to use that website and look at the opportunities that are there." (And then Symbolism put one in the back of the net, because the site promptly crashed.)

Pick For Britain emphasizes that the available jobs "can be hard work," and it recommends that all applicants should have a good level of physical fitness before getting started. "You will be part of a supportive team, often working outside in the fresh air and you are bound to make new friends," it optimistically continues. (It also adds that workers will "always be paid the national minimum/living wage for the average of the hours that you work," so perhaps you and your new friends can make homes for yourselves underneath some of the empty strawberry boxes scattered around the farm.)

On Twitter, a significant number of responses to Prince Charles' message, and to the follow-up post from Clarence House describing him as "a farmer himself," were some variation on "You first, mate." Others pointed out how ridiculous it looks for a man whose challenging job responsibilities include selecting the Royal Harpist to encourage people to sign up for underpaid physical labor.

According to the most recent annual report from the Duchy of Cornwall, which funds the "personal and professional expenditure" of Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, he received £21.6 million (US $26.4 million) last year. So yeah, let's hear that part about 'hard-graft' again.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/akzdne/man-who-has-never-had-an-actual-job-encourages-laid-off-workers-to-pick-fruit?utm_content=1590206401&utm_medium=social&utm_source=VICE_facebook&fbclid=IwAR1OnJrwsmInlLD7LnvXDrADaEH2OuA_167cZ_nkCMYYeQ-YKJPI95JfuzY

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3796 on: May 22, 2020, 11:56:03 PM »

You are assuming that the tests have been focused on people on the brink of death, instead of people with symptoms associated with Covid-19. Until you back up that claim with sound evidence, there's no reason to accept this as true.
they have only been testing people on the brink of death in initially in the UK, they still have a shitty testing system

Now it's assumed that health professionals have no idea what they're doing, or that they're blindly following malicious guidelines. Again, without sound evidence, there's no reason to accept this as true.
thet have guidance to advise them how to establish cause of death, I posted it here before, its not that they dont know what they are doing, they are told what to do
Draconian measures have been taken, that's true. For how long they've been planned out, or how they're helping parties currently in power is unclear.
there is zero evidence that lockdowns actually reduce the spread of the virus, in fact the main source of contamination is in the home, they have already told us this.
True, but that wouldn't increase Covid-19 cases.
There are hardly any "covid deaths" covid doesn't actually kill many people at all, its the associated conditions they have, now anyone dies with anything they always add covid to the stats
Same assumptions as number 2.
there is evidence for all those points...Just because it wasnt added here doesnt make it false
I don't think most people think it's wrong to question the media or the goverment. In fact, I think most people understandably doubt these two.

At least in my case, I question those who have made the decision of rule out Covid-19 as a hoax right from the start, with literally no evidence whatsoever. Those people have made out their minds a long time ago, and nothing is gonna change that.

Its nota hoax in the sense that there is no virus, its a hoax in the sense of the severity of the virus

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3797 on: May 23, 2020, 12:03:49 AM »
And just to be clear, what I think of Covid-19, based on what we now know is:

- It's a flu on steroids, with 5-10 times the death rate.
Nope, in most years flu kills between 16K and 28k people in the UK

- Social distancing is needed.
all social distancing will do is slow the rate of infection, it isnt going to rid the world of covid, its here forever

- Quarantines may have been helpful in places with weak health systems, in order to prepare for the disease, but they're not sustainable and need to be lifted.
The highest transmission rates are in the home so lockdown may have made it worse

- Most deaths involve people in their older years.
Almost all

- Around a quarter of people who have died from Covid could have lived another 10 years if they didn't get the disease.
without a list of their pre-existing conditions you have no idea if thats true

- A very small proportion of young, healthy individuals die from it, but it's unclear why.
In the UK 350 people under 60 has died from Covid that didnt have any other pre-existing conditions, the stats show you are more likely to drown than die from Covid 19, (400 people a year die in the UK on average from drowning every year.) the young people that have died had pre existing conditions

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3798 on: May 23, 2020, 02:11:55 AM »
These are the statistics from New York City. There is an INVERSE relationship between between social interaction and Covid deaths. The most sociable demographics have been the least affected, unless of course you think that it’s the 75+ crowd hitting the bars and clubs and the 20-30s crowd that was staying home. Incredible that some people are stiill defending this sham:

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #3799 on: May 23, 2020, 02:34:11 AM »
These are the statistics from New York City. There is an INVERSE relationship between between social interaction and Covid deaths. The most sociable demographics have been the least affected, unless of course you think that it’s the 75+ crowd hitting the bars and clubs and the 20-30s crowd that was staying home. Incredible that some people are stiill defending this sham:

Exactly Right - Again & again the figures do not back up what is in place & being done to people
Around the world. I can’t but he’ll think there’s An Agenda & Very Likely an elite group with immense control ( yes I know out there conspiracy theory - Pass the Tin Foil Hat Pls- Only it all Don’t sit right in my mind)