Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 497993 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #3950 on: June 02, 2020, 03:56:07 AM »
If the rona is as contagious, as deadly, and as racist as claimed, all those protesters/rioters/looters will be hospitalized or dead soon.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3951 on: June 02, 2020, 04:05:36 AM »
If the rona is as contagious, as deadly, and as racist as claimed, all those protesters/rioters/looters will be hospitalized or dead soon.

If none of them gets ill, the Rona was all a sham!
Q

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #3952 on: June 02, 2020, 05:30:46 AM »

We can only hope.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #3953 on: June 02, 2020, 08:21:03 AM »
Corona failed to push Trump out of office.  Commies moved on to the next plan of action.

This ^. 8)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3954 on: June 02, 2020, 10:40:20 AM »

No. Most are young, but they'll be taking it home to their obese/diabetes/hypertension ridden mums and grandmas

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #3955 on: June 02, 2020, 10:45:36 AM »
No. Most are young, but they'll be taking it home to their obese/diabetes/hypertension ridden mums and grandmas

So youre telling us there will be an upside to all of this  :D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3956 on: June 02, 2020, 10:46:07 AM »

Well, according to the media it doesn't matter how young or healthy you are, or if you have recovered from it.  You will catch it anyway and it will likely kill you, and the world will end in less than 12 years too.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3957 on: June 02, 2020, 10:50:05 AM »

That might apply to the Dindus but the young white protesters are mainly transplants and don’t live with their “mums.”

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3958 on: June 02, 2020, 11:02:41 AM »
So youre telling us there will be an upside to all of this  :D

Could go either way. The viral loads being spread right now are pretty low because people are outdoors, in warmer weather, and with more sunshine. So most vulnerables getting it now will clear it, develop immunity and possibly save themselves from any second wave in the winter.

The riots are helping bring about herd immunity.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3959 on: June 02, 2020, 11:24:43 AM »
That might apply to the Dindus but the young white protesters are mainly transplants and don’t live with their “mums.”

You forget a whole bunch of young whites were made unemployed, and no college so had to move back in with parents.

Are the cities opening back up in the US? If pollution kicks up again then that's in favour of the virus. Next few weeks will be interesting.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3960 on: June 02, 2020, 11:42:40 AM »
Would love if all Rioters suddenly started coughing up blood :D
Q

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #3961 on: June 02, 2020, 11:59:33 AM »
Would love if all Rioters suddenly started coughing up blood :D

COVID-19:  :D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3962 on: June 02, 2020, 12:09:56 PM »
I read that despite states reopening, it has leveled off in many states.

Your link?

My link is my daughter, who mentioned this yesterday.

Oregon has 'leveled off' which is to say that the number of new cases each day is not increasing. Multnomah county, which has the greatest density and is the most populous and is where Portland is, had not yet applied to reopen because it had not yet reach the criteria. The real test here will be when this area opens back up. Also, Oregon is reopening in phases.

The statistics vary from one source to another. These websites have fairly up to date information, https://www.healthline.com/health-news/coronavirus-live-updates , https://www.bing.com/search?q=june+2+covid-19+stats&cvid=2d5b5599a58c4e2da7f4e50ee29ebb32&FORM=ANAB01&PC=LCTS , https://abcnews.go.com/Health/tracking-happening-states-reopen/story?id=70961608

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3963 on: June 02, 2020, 12:23:27 PM »
You forget a whole bunch of young whites were made unemployed, and no college so had to move back in with parents.

Are the cities opening back up in the US? If pollution kicks up again then that's in favour of the virus. Next few weeks will be interesting.

Corona’s 15 minutes is over. The mask thing didn’t really take off in NYC until late April early May when the numbers were already in steep decline. New York City is scheduled to reopen next Monday. The rest of the state is already open. This was known way way in advance.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3964 on: June 02, 2020, 12:54:51 PM »

Corona’s 15 minutes is over. The mask thing didn’t really take off in NYC until late April early May when the numbers were already in steep decline. New York City is scheduled to reopen next Monday. The rest of the state is already open. This was known way way in advance.

Yes it was, by me back in Feb when most had no clue wtf was going on including so called epidemiologists. You're all welcome

Just want to quote this again as this is may be the sanest post in this thread.

The at risk groups appear to be the elderly, long term smokers, diabetics etc. Basically the same at risk groups as the flu.

It will likely cause more deaths than flu because it seems to show little to no symptoms in healthy individuals, so it has the potential to spread must faster.

As for the doom and gloom merchants. I feel for your mental health and chances are this will fizzle out in the next few months as the weather warms up. Stay safe and don't panic

But take note of this too.

The warmer weather and extra sunlight is keeping Australia and the southern hemisphere relatively safe from the spread right now.

If remnants of the virus survive the Northern hemisphere summer then we could see the virus re-emerge in the southern hemisphere winter.

The good thing about the panic is that in general people are taking more care with their hygiene now, so we may end up seeing a drop off in the numbers suffering from the common cold and flu.

It can yoyo back and forth like flu if countries/states/cities don't reach some level of herd immunity, but it wont be here every year like flu or be as virulent as it has been this year. It will either become a seasonal "common cold" or disappear completely within a few of years.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3965 on: June 02, 2020, 03:27:53 PM »
Thin Lizzy getting the fuck owned again

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3966 on: June 02, 2020, 06:38:06 PM »
Hes old and no matter what you tell him hes scared and will continue being scared.

Exactly what is it you think I am scared of? Dying? People my age and younger die all the time from natural causes. Why would the inevitable scare me?

While I'm not worried about contracting COVID-19, it concerns me that if I caught it, there's a good possibility I would be asymptomatic and not know that I was contagious. In that case, I could pass it on to someone much less healthy than I am which would make me somewhat responsible if they were to get ill and even die as a result.

It's not that I think I am invincible, but the fact remains that I am 75 years old and have never had any strain of the flu. Or, if I did, I definitely never got sick from it.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #3967 on: June 02, 2020, 06:49:26 PM »
Fuck Floyd

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3968 on: June 03, 2020, 01:18:22 AM »
Saggy is 75 again  ::)

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3969 on: June 03, 2020, 01:45:23 AM »
Could go either way. The viral loads being spread right now are pretty low because people are outdoors, in warmer weather, and with more sunshine. So most vulnerables getting it now will clear it, develop immunity and possibly save themselves from any second wave in the winter.

The riots are helping bring about herd immunity.

This is not how it works....

The virus doesn't transit as well due to changing weather conditions this has nothing to do with viral loads......"viral loads" occur within the body, once the person is infected weather conditions have no effect on the infection.

So viral loads do not change with regard to weather conditions nor does seriousness of the infection once it takes place.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3970 on: June 03, 2020, 06:48:37 AM »
This is not how it works....

The virus doesn't transit as well due to changing weather conditions this has nothing to do with viral loads......"viral loads" occur within the body, once the person is infected weather conditions have no effect on the infection.

So viral loads do not change with regard to weather conditions nor does seriousness of the infection once it takes place.

Connect the dots.

More sunshine > Warmer weather > More people outside > Higher Levels of Vitamin D > Better protection and ability to fight viral infection

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3971 on: June 03, 2020, 06:57:22 AM »
Fuck Floyd
Q

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3972 on: June 03, 2020, 09:18:39 AM »
Coronavirus: Sweden's Tegnell admits too many died

Sweden's controversial decision not to impose a strict lockdown in response to the Covid-19 pandemic led to too many deaths, the man behind the policy, Anders Tegnell, has acknowledged.

Sweden has seen a far higher mortality rate than its nearest neighbours and its nationals are being barred from crossing their borders.

Dr Tegnell told Swedish radio more should have been done early on.

"There is quite obviously a potential for improvement in what we have done."

Sweden has counted 4,542 deaths and 40,803 infections in a population of 10 million, while Denmark, Norway and Finland have imposed lockdowns and seen far lower rates.

Denmark has seen 580 deaths, Norway has had 237 deaths and Finland 321. Sweden reported a further 74 deaths on Wednesday.

How Tegnell's views have changed
Dr Tegnell, who is Sweden's state epidemiologist and in charge of the country's response to Covid-19, told BBC News in April that the high death toll was mainly because homes for the elderly had been unable to keep the disease out, although he emphasised that "does not disqualify our strategy as a whole".

Now he has told Swedish public radio: "If we were to encounter the same disease again, knowing exactly what we know about it today, I think we would settle on doing something in between what Sweden did and what the rest of the world has done."

When asked if too many people had died too soon, Dr Tegnell said, "Yes, absolutely."

However, he was unclear what Sweden should have done differently and at a press conference later on Wednesday later he underlined that "we basically still think that is the right strategy for Sweden".

Trying to guide the response was rather like steering an ocean liner, as every measure took three or four weeks to work its way through.

While Sweden's approach had been to increase its response step by step, other countries had imposed immediate lockdowns and gradually reopened, he said.

He warned it was too early to say whether the lockdowns had worked or not. "We know from history during the last three or four months that this disease has a very high capacity to start spreading again."

What was Sweden's response?
Although there was no lockdown, Sweden relied on voluntary social distancing, banning gatherings of more than 50 people and halting visits to elderly care homes.

Non-essential travel is still not recommended under national guidelines, but journeys of up to two hours are allowed to see relatives or close friends as long as they do not involve visits to local shops and mixing with other residents.

As Denmark and Norway have begun opening up again, there has been growing criticism of Sweden's response, both inside the country and among its neighbours.

Norway's public health chief Frode Forland said Sweden had focused too much on historical models of viruses, while its neighbours preferred lockdown measures.

Sweden's former state epidemiologist Annika Linde believes Sweden got its response wrong and should have focused on three things:

An early lockdown
Greater protection of care homes
Intensive testing and contact tracing in areas of outbreaks
According to Swedish media, Dr Tegnell and his family were subjected to threats by email last month.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52903717

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3973 on: June 03, 2020, 10:03:39 AM »
Sweden's numbers are still better then countries like the UK, France and Spain who all locked down. Out of the death numbers, how many were low life Somali migrants who didn't follow protocols?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #3974 on: June 03, 2020, 10:11:20 AM »
According to Neil Ferguson (the guy who put together the stupid death model for Covid-19) the shutdown did nothing to stop the virus spreading.  Sweden was the only country that was smart in all of this.  He predicted 90,000 would die in Sweden. ::)