Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 766036 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #4350 on: January 19, 2021, 10:20:01 AM »
Bitcoin isn't worth the paper....oh..right...... .
At least you can wipe your ass with paper.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4352 on: January 19, 2021, 12:13:27 PM »
If people think the guys who developed this don't have some sort of secret hack or key or backdoor into BTC are fooling themselves.  I bet they can pull back in any coins they want and fuck over everyone.  Since no one even knows the true identity.

Of course....exactly what Charlie Lee did with Litecoin....cashed out at all time high and claimed it was to divest himself of bias.  Also claims he gave the $$$ away. ::)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4353 on: January 19, 2021, 12:17:54 PM »
If my quick math is correct around 16,000 holders are 62% of the BTC market cap. .

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4354 on: January 19, 2021, 12:36:28 PM »
If my quick math is correct around 16,000 holders are 62% of the BTC market cap. .

Who's the 1 person with $5billion worth?

I don't think any of these rich guys are dumb enough to have all of their BTC in one account.  Not after how many people got fucked over during that MTGOX hack.  I would leave like 1000 coins per device/IP to mitigate the potential risk of theft.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #4355 on: January 19, 2021, 12:49:02 PM »
Who's the 1 person with $5billion worth?

I don't think any of these rich guys are dumb enough to have all of their BTC in one account.  Not after how many people got fucked over during that MTGOX hack.  I would leave like 1000 coins per device/IP to mitigate the potential risk of theft.

They are not in accounts, they are in off exchange cold wallets. Basically to hack 1 wallet, even if you had the power of a sun 10x greater than the size of earth, it would take you 100000 years or so, there are more combos of seed phrases than atoms in the universe.Has nothing to do with ip.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4356 on: January 19, 2021, 02:42:08 PM »

In the stock market and banking system, what percentage of people hold all the value? You'll find it is the top 1%. So Bitcoin is no different than traditional markets in that sense. The masses will never have as much as the people at the top.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4357 on: January 19, 2021, 02:43:53 PM »
They are not in accounts, they are in off exchange cold wallets. Basically to hack 1 wallet, even if you had the power of a sun 10x greater than the size of earth, it would take you 100000 years or so, there are more combos of seed phrases than atoms in the universe.Has nothing to do with ip.
Yes I would imagine they have it spread out over various cold storage wallets. And some of it is on exchanges so they can trade with it.

The Winkelvoss twins have their private keys broken up and stored in various banking vaults I believe. But that sounds risky to me. What if one of the vaults is compromised? Now you only have a partial key! I would not do it like that.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4358 on: January 19, 2021, 03:04:59 PM »
In the stock market and banking system, what percentage of people hold all the value? You'll find it is the top 1%. So Bitcoin is no different than traditional markets in that sense. The masses will never have as much as the people at the top.

Yes, and as I've said before...those of us who knew about Bitcoin when it was just pennies were being told it was "people's money" ... an uncontrollable, untaxable, untraceable, decentralized bank buster.

There was an appeal there that is gone, it's just digital ponzi now. 16,000 are looking like gamblers looking for marks.

It's no better than the system we already know - the only thing anonymous is who is on the other side of the trade.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4359 on: January 19, 2021, 06:08:53 PM »

Yes, and as I've said before...those of us who knew about Bitcoin when it was just pennies were being told it was "people's money" ... an uncontrollable, untaxable, untraceable, decentralized bank buster.

There was an appeal there that is gone, it's just digital ponzi now. 16,000 are looking like gamblers looking for marks.

It's no better than the system we already know - the only thing anonymous is who is on the other side of the trade.

Did you buy when it was pennies?

BossBoss

• Getbig III
  • part-time IFBB-Professional
« Reply #4360 on: January 19, 2021, 06:32:35 PM »

I thought long and hard about it, but decided against it. Price was 2$ per btc.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4361 on: January 19, 2021, 06:46:07 PM »
I thought long and hard about it, but decided against it. Price was 2$ per btc.

Same. I had people telling me to mine them etc and I just laughed at it.

Funny story is I held on to some ethereum and sold at $500 a few days before it popped recently. Haha. I have shit luck with cryptos.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4362 on: January 19, 2021, 06:57:53 PM »

A friend of mine is involved in a highly technical career and could have retired on what he had early on and sold off, I just had a little to play around with - sold off when one of the previous run ups happened. Keep in mind that early on you couldn't buy much with it...when it went up you sold it back into an exchange. I have a small fraction of one in storage.

I did take a pretty good hit on LTC when Charlie Lee dumped it. I still have one LTC, just as a reminder.  ;D

The first guy that paid for a pizza with BTC could have cashed out for 200 million, haha. I know a pro-BTC person will just say "see you should have HODL'd" and that's the easy answer now. Hindsight 20/20 applies here, early days, etc.

I still don't see BTC as the end of this. Show me one instance where inferior tech was a perpetual placeholder in a marketplace based on the fact that a lot of people had at one time dumped money into it.

BossBoss

• Getbig III
  • part-time IFBB-Professional
« Reply #4363 on: January 19, 2021, 07:20:35 PM »
Same. I had people telling me to mine them etc and I just laughed at it.
I have shit luck with cryptos.
2$ was already a high price for it. It was fantasy money nothing more.
Bad luck maybe but what is high and what is low.

You nailed it with this one:
Sometimes I think these big BTC owners have these shell companies where they move them around to keep increasing the value.
That's how it's done, they do the same with stocks..
BTC is interesting tech, blockchain etc. (i would never say don't buy it  ;))

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4364 on: January 20, 2021, 01:30:55 AM »
https://fortune.com/2021/01/19/janet-yellen-confirmation-bitcoin-biden-treasury-nominee-cryptocurrency-warning-terrorism/

Biden Treasury pick Janet Yellen warns cryptocurrency poses terrorism risk

“I think many [cryptocurrencies] are used, at least in a transaction sense, mainly for illicit financing and I think we really need to examine ways in which we can curtail their use and make sure that anti-money laundering doesn’t occur through those channels,” Yellen said Tuesday in remarks reported by Coindesk.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4365 on: January 20, 2021, 02:27:50 AM »
https://fortune.com/2021/01/19/janet-yellen-confirmation-bitcoin-biden-treasury-nominee-cryptocurrency-warning-terrorism/

Biden Treasury pick Janet Yellen warns cryptocurrency poses terrorism risk

“I think many [cryptocurrencies] are used, at least in a transaction sense, mainly for illicit financing and I think we really need to examine ways in which we can curtail their use and make sure that anti-money laundering doesn’t occur through those channels,” Yellen said Tuesday in remarks reported by Coindesk.

They want it,($$) all back for their crooked friends on Wall Street. Continued money laundering and crooked business practices around the world  ala HSBC is fine though. The crash of 2008 thats was perpetuated by selling garbage dirivatives and CDOs round the world is fine. No one goes.to jail for that.

The reality is, less then 1% of crypto currency goes into what she claims. She's lying and thats a fact.

Guess she means home.growm white supremacists terrorists too.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4366 on: January 20, 2021, 08:09:33 AM »
https://www.coindesk.com/ecb-christine-lagarde-stablecoins-pose-serious-risks

Stablecoins ‘Pose Serious Risks’ to Financial Security, ECB’s Lagarde Says

'In the piece, Lagarde makes a bullish case for a digital euro while throwing shade at potential rivals such as cryptocurrencies and stablecoins – digital assets the values of which are pegged to fiat currencies.

“Using stablecoins as a store of value could trigger a large shift of bank deposits to stablecoins, which may have an impact on banks’ operations and the transmission of monetary policy,” the ECB head added.

- - - - - -

They are starting to view it as a threat to their own banks, as competition which could take cash away from their own institutions.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I believe stablecoins are a huge development, as buying foreign currency is difficult in many countries, especially across South America, Africa and some Asian countries which might have more currency volatility and high levels of depreciation.

Hard currency is basically viewed as gold in countries with high levels of inflation and economic instability, buying USD or Euros not only allows them to hedge against devaluation of their own currency, but also make large profits which could then be converted into local currency, for instance maybe 20% or more, which beats anything provided by a bank. And that is excluding a country like Venezuela or Zimbabwe were the local currency has collapsed and this could prevent all their savings from being wiped out.

For instance, the highest interest of any country at the moment is just over 9%, and in such a country inflation will be high and they will also have to deal with local currency devaluation year-on-year, reducing their buying power internationally and making them poorer globally, through no fault of their own. This is a constant worry for people living in those countries.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4367 on: January 20, 2021, 08:11:34 AM »
Could be testing some old support prices.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #4368 on: January 20, 2021, 08:13:25 AM »
$ 33,570.48

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4369 on: January 20, 2021, 09:00:04 AM »
Interesting how stablecoins are now condemned as a 'threat', yet Libra will also be a stablecoin pegged to the USD but will instead be using their own Facebook backed blockchain.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4370 on: January 20, 2021, 09:03:32 AM »
The price will fluctuate a lot. These big owners can’t just sell all of their BTC or the price will tank.  For those sitting on Billions of $$ it will take a long while to sell. They’ll sell small batches. The price will dip. They’ll post stories of how it will be worth $200k by eoy then the price will rise and they’ll sell more. On and on and on.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4371 on: January 20, 2021, 10:12:39 AM »
Interesting how stablecoins are now condemned as a 'threat', yet Libra will also be a stablecoin pegged to the USD but will instead be using their own Facebook backed blockchain.

FB is a govt backed data mining platform for the stupid. Under Biden the trend will reveal itself as to what will replace BTC.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/vbqdb8/15-years-ago-the-military-tried-to-record-whole-human-lives-it-ended-badly

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4372 on: January 21, 2021, 01:45:31 AM »
https://www.coindesk.com/ethers-rise-to-record-highs-may-propel-cryptocurrency-to-10-5k-fundstrat-global

Ether’s Rise to Record Highs May Propel Cryptocurrency to $10.5K: Fundstrat Global

Even after setting a new record high of $1,439 on Monday, the rally for Ethereum’s ether cryptocurrency may have only just begun, according to Fundstrat Global Advisors strategist David Grider.

Basing his prediction partly on use cases for Ethereum’s blockchain technology, Grider wrote in a note Tuesday that ether (ETH, -4.21%) has scope for a rally to $10,500, according to Bloomberg. That’s an over seven-fold rise from the current price of $1,320.

“Ether is the best risk/reward investment play in crypto,” Grider said, adding that “blockchain computing may be the future of the cloud.”

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4373 on: January 21, 2021, 01:59:31 AM »
Could be testing some old support prices.

Moved 30% BTC into Ethereum last night for the short term.

If youre a hodler, I wouldn't  panic. Im buying some BTC on these drops and will continue to do so. Long term, still very bullish.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4374 on: January 21, 2021, 03:34:36 AM »
https://www.warc.com/newsandopinion/news/china-moves-closer-to-launch-of-worlds-first-sovereign-digital-currency/44550

China prepares to launch the world’s first official e-currency

THERE IS A good chance that the digital yuan will enter circulation in 2021. It is a debut that will initially make little difference, but could, over time, change the way central banks conduct monetary policy.

People will have the option of downloading a government-issued digital wallet. Unlike commercial ones such as WeChat Pay and Alipay, the official version will be equivalent to an account at the central bank with the same solidity as hard cash.

The digital cash, officially dubbed Digital Currency Electronic Payment (DCEP) and backed by China’s central bank, is aimed at challenging US-dollar dominance in the global financial system, plus helping authorities to keep greater control of cash flows, reports the SCMP.

China may become the first country in the world to launch digital cash, but many others are heading in the same direction – a number of G20 countries say they are exploring the concept. Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and Cambodia have also announced they are looking at introducing digital currencies.