Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 765972 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #4950 on: February 13, 2021, 02:49:59 PM »
My point seems to have sailed blissfully over your head. I am pro BTC and want it to be successful. I am making the argument that it has to be more user friendly if it is ever going really grow. I mean, a lot of people today have trouble using their cc at the register. They are not going to bother with something like BTC the way it is today.
As I have said before it will become more user friendly. Meanwhile the price of Bitcoin and other digital assets will keep going up. Why do you want to buy into cryptos when all the user friendly issues have been resolved? By then the price will be very high and you will not have made any profits. You need to get in on the second or third level since the ground level has already been left behind.

I wish I bought Amazon, Tesla and Nvidia stocks at the ground level. I kept holding off and now look at the price of their shares.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4951 on: February 13, 2021, 02:53:46 PM »
Pellius, just be careful. Crypotos can wreck you as well since the market is very volatile I agree with you on that part. The price of Bitcoin and other Cryptos will correct at some point. I'd hate for you to dump money into this and then the investment loses money and you sell at the bottom.

The question is where are we right now? Optimism, Belief, Thrill, Euphoria or Complacency?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4952 on: February 13, 2021, 03:05:56 PM »
As I have said before it will become more user friendly. Meanwhile the price of Bitcoin and other digital assets will keep going up. Why do you want to buy into cryptos when all the user friendly issues have been resolved? By then the price will be very high and you will not have made any profits. You need to get in on the second or third level since the ground level has already been left behind.

I wish I bought Amazon, Tesla and Nvidia stocks at the ground level. I kept holding off and now look at the price of their shares.

Wouldn’t the blockchain be the more accessible play? Moreover, from my understanding, they’ll grow regardless of which Crypto takes off.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4953 on: February 13, 2021, 03:36:37 PM »
Wouldn’t the blockchain be the more accessible play? Moreover, from my understanding, they’ll grow regardless of which Crypto takes off.
Depends on Bitcoin's price and mining difficulty. MARA was highly profitable the past year and outpaced most cryptos. Except for a few like Dogecoin!  ;D

But MARA will decline if the price of Bitcoin corrects or as the mining difficulty increases - which it will.

https://investorplace.com/moneywire/2021/01/marathon-patent-mara-stock-is-not-a-wise-play-even-for-crypto-bulls/

MARA Stock Soars
And so we’ve seen MARA post rallies that have dramatically outpaced that of Bitcoin itself.

As I write this, Bitcoin in dollars has rallied 268% over the past year. MARA is up a staggering 1,844%. Over the last three months, the underlying currency has spiked 158%; MARA’s returns are over 500%.

In theory, the outperformance of the stock makes some sense. Again, MARA is leveraged to the price of Bitcoin. Marathon Patent has agreements for fixed electricity costs at its Hardin, Montana mine. Operating expenses will rise with the price, but certainly not at the same rate. If Bitcoin’s price in dollars doubles, Marathon Patent’s expenses will increase at a far slower rate.

But that theoretical case doesn’t necessarily explain the vast divergence. Even Marathon itself has highlighted a pair of incredible spikes in its most recent investor presentation.

From July 17 to Aug. 17 of last year, MARA gained 313% on the back of a 34% climb in Bitcoin. From Nov. 20 to Dec. 22, MARA posted almost the same return (312%), while Bitcoin gained just 28%.

Those moves don’t look like good news. They look like investors flooding a stock and boosting it well beyond any reasonable valuation.

A Lot to Prove

Indeed, Marathon Patent took advantage of the December spike to sell $250 million of its stock. Chief executive officer Merrick Okamoto sold $12 million of his own stake around the same time.

Now, the equity offering is raising capital. And I won’t begrudge Okamoto for taking some money off the table. But it’s at least fair to ask why management isn’t quite as bullish about MARA stock as so many investors seem to be at the moment.

But that’s not the biggest problem. The biggest problem is that Marathon Patent hasn’t done anything yet. Its investor presentation highlights huge potential profit out in the future, but current results are piddling. Marathon generated less than $1 million in revenue in the third quarter. Its huge rig order won’t be delivered until the second half of this year at the earliest.

Meanwhile, the company’s profit projections include one significant disclaimer: the so-called “difficulty rate.” Marathon is saying, basically, that if the amount of Bitcoin it can mine holds steady, it will make a lot of money. But that’s not how Bitcoin works. The difficulty rate has gone up over time, and it will likely continue to do so.

If it does, Marathon’s profits aren’t nearly as big as its charts — showing potentially $50 million per month in gross profit — suggest. They’re likely not even close. And the big outperformance in MARA stock of late is not pricing in that outcome.

To be fair, this can work. But I’m far from convinced. This is a former “patent troll” (hence the corporate name) that pivoted to Bitcoin mining when its old business model flamed out. I’d like to see some evidence that the new one is working before I consider recommending MARA stock instead of Bitcoin itself.

On the date of publication, neither Matt McCall nor the InvestorPlace Research Staff member primarily responsible for this article held (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in the article.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4954 on: February 13, 2021, 07:06:46 PM »
Thanks. How about this one? This is not something I would invest serious money in. But taking a flyer for a few grand why not?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #4955 on: February 13, 2021, 07:26:17 PM »
I'm trying to help. You don't have to stash the money away for 10 years. Let's say you get 0.21 BTC ($10,000) worth of Bitcoin today @ $47,000 per Bitcoin. At the end of the year 1 Bitcoin is now worth $100,000. That means your 0.21 BTC is now not worth $10,000 but worth $100,000 / $47,000 = 2.127 x $10,000 =  $21,276.59

You can then cash out your original $10,000 investment and keep $11,276.59 on the house. That money could grow to more if Bitcoin goes higher because it would be denominated in BTC.

Stocks also change by the second. That's a given.

Hah! Don't get me wrong. I have great hopes for BTC and it's been good to me. I ain't high rollers like you guys and put in a grand when it was at 31,000 just a couple of months ago.  Easy money. Now I'm trying learn more about since I think this the real deal. Right now I think the main problem is accessibility and ease of use. You investment guys are a tiny minority. I'm looking at the average Joe that can handle a smartphone. The more people buying in the higher the value. And the big money is always in the middle class.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4956 on: February 13, 2021, 07:36:57 PM »
Hah! Don't get me wrong. I have great hopes for BTC and it's been good to me. I ain't high rollers like you guys and put in a grand when it was at 31,000 just a couple of months ago.  Easy money. Now I'm trying learn more about since I think this the real deal. Right now I think the main problem is accessibility and ease of use. You investment guys are a tiny minority. I'm looking at the average Joe that can handle a smartphone. The more people buying in the higher the value. And the big money is always in the middle class.

The difficulty in understanding BTC is why you should be getting in now. PayPay, Visa, and the retail banks will "dumb it down" and make it easy for the masses. By then though, being a one-coiner will be out of reach for many, and the masses will be a treadmill cycle for working for and being paid in Satoshies on a real time basis.

I have told you before. BUY. HODL. The rest will take care of itself.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4957 on: February 13, 2021, 07:40:30 PM »
Pellius, just be careful. Crypotos can wreck you as well since the market is very volatile I agree with you on that part. The price of Bitcoin and other Cryptos will correct at some point. I'd hate for you to dump money into this and then the investment loses money and you sell at the bottom.

The question is where are we right now? Optimism, Belief, Thrill, Euphoria or Complacency?

Mr Anabolic got stuck somewhere between the denial, anger and depression phases. I still have hope that he makes progress to acceptance...

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4958 on: February 13, 2021, 08:07:00 PM »
What a pain in the ass it is to get btc

This is why you should some now. Early bird catches the worm. It will be dumbed down and made easy for the masses in due course...

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4959 on: February 13, 2021, 08:32:42 PM »
Here is an analogy for you. You need a certain amount of horsepower to drive a car at 300 mph. As the speed goes up the amount of horsepower required increases dramatically. To get to 400 mhp is a huge leap. Much bigger than 100 mph - 200 mph and 200 mph - 300 mph.

Same thing goes for Bitcoin. For Bitcoin to double requires a lot more capital inflow compared to a smaller asset like Ethereum or Cardano.

You would need another trillion dollar investment in Bitcoin to get it to $100,000. As Bitcoin gets more and more expensive investors will start looking at alternatives. Let's face it we are all here to make some money with our fiats.

Sure Bitcoin going from $50,000 to $100,000 might sound a lot more impressive than Cardano going from $1 to $3 but the latter will offer a bigger return for a new investor - 100% vs 200%. Too many people are caught up with the high price of Bitcoin. It is impressive if you already have 1000 Bitcoins. If you have no Bitcoins it means you have to fork over a lot just to get 1.

This is why I am not as bullish with Bitcoin. It will go up in price but so will the others. And the others will go up by a larger percentage. Bitcoin is not the best investment for new investors imo.

Onsidian, you are smart but I think you also realize the idiocy of this type of thinking.  Yes, I can create a 100,000 coins tomorrow, valued with a market cap of $1. And then sell 50% of the coins to you at $100. Netting me a very impressive gain. This does not mean that what I have created will scale or be widely adopted as a store of value. As a market get more frothy people will look for "alts" in the believe they are "cheaper". Reality is they are simply contributing money to a pump and dump scam. Focus should be on Bitcoin. And Sats are still cheap. 1000 Sats for just USD 49 cents right now...

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4960 on: February 13, 2021, 08:38:02 PM »
A Bitcoin maximalist referring to Ethereum as a 'cult'?  ;D

Stablecoins such as USDC uses Ethereum and central banks will be issuing their own central bank digital currency (CBDC) in the future. Several central banks are experimenting with using Ethereum for their CBDC, working directly with a company owned by a co-founder of Ethereum.

And tokenised Bitcoin...uses Ethereum.

Bitcoin and many cryptocurrencies including Ether have been too volatile to use as currencies for payments and daily transactions.

For a currency, the most important element is stability, with low volatility. This is particularly important for businesses who need to plan ahead for orders, stock, shipments, equipment etc. This is where stablecoins come in, as they can be pegged to a currency or even a basket of currencies and can be used anywhere in the world.

Furthermore, like any market there will be several currencies and commodities.

Regarding the video, Raoul Pal is bullish on Ethereum, Lyn Alden is more neutral but still sees potential for Ethereum if their development stays on track. They are both bullish on stablecoins.

Bullish on stablecoins??? For usage as a utility yes. For increase in value, NO. Their whole inherent value proposition is that they stay "stable" as an exact peg to a fiat currency. So their usage will go up, but their value will actually drop over time, Ie - it will over time cost more in a stable coin, to buy the same Bitcoin.

Eth is a utility. Not a store of value. That does not stop some confusing the two though and trading Eth like a store of value. Which is what we are seeing occur now, and markets get frothy.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #4961 on: February 13, 2021, 10:07:03 PM »
The difficulty in understanding BTC is why you should be getting in now. PayPay, Visa, and the retail banks will "dumb it down" and make it easy for the masses. By then though, being a one-coiner will be out of reach for many, and the masses will be a treadmill cycle for working for and being paid in Satoshies on a real time basis.

I have told you before. BUY. HODL. The rest will take care of itself.

So are you saying that if more people start buying BTC because it's easier, or "dumb downed" that is a bad thing?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4962 on: February 13, 2021, 10:19:47 PM »
The possible flaw in arguing that smaller caps must grow easier is you are assuming those others actually have a purpose to attract capital to begin with.

BTC will hit 250k in 12 months time. It is the King of crypto. That is 5x pretty much. It has a strong purpose. Institutions are buying BtC and perhaps ETH.

To attract capital you need to be legit. There are 7,000 alt coins to choose from. You might have 5 do crazy well and another 25 do pretty good. The rest will be buckets of shit compared to BTC, ETH and maybe 30 top alts.

Therefore the question becomes do you take on risk of buying Alta in the search for higher gains or do you accept much lower risk and go with BTC for what is still wicked gains?

The chat rooms are filled with alt coin talk. Dominated by coins I have never heard of that are capped in the millions because the buyer wants to invest $500 and turn it into a million.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4963 on: February 14, 2021, 12:59:29 AM »
So are you saying that if more people start buying BTC because it's easier, or "dumb downed" that is a bad thing?

Thats not what he said. All he said was eventually buying and selling bitcoin will be easier for the average user because there will be avenues in place to make it easier,  when more adoption takes place.
In the meantime buy fractions of bitcoin if you cant afford a whole one and sit on it long term.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4964 on: February 14, 2021, 01:03:48 AM »
The possible flaw in arguing that smaller caps must grow easier is you are assuming those others actually have a purpose to attract capital to begin with.

BTC will hit 250k in 12 months time. It is the King of crypto. That is 5x pretty much. It has a strong purpose. Institutions are buying BtC and perhaps ETH.

To attract capital you need to be legit. There are 7,000 alt coins to choose from. You might have 5 do crazy well and another 25 do pretty good. The rest will be buckets of shit compared to BTC, ETH and maybe 30 top alts.

Therefore the question becomes do you take on risk of buying Alta in the search for higher gains or do you accept much lower risk and go with BTC for what is still wicked gains?

The chat rooms are filled with alt coin talk. Dominated by coins I have never heard of that are capped in the millions because the buyer wants to invest $500 and turn it into a million.

People are making a killing off alts no doubt. 25% increases over night.  100% increases in a couple of days. Who knows what will happen the following week? But so far the only utility I see is buying bullshit like trading cards and digital art, etc...there are some that are working on bridging between different platform tokens and coins but so far I dont see anything there that should allow for these crazy gains. Maybe I'm just not hip enough to understand all the interest. 

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4965 on: February 14, 2021, 02:04:54 AM »

Exactly.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4966 on: February 14, 2021, 02:15:32 AM »
https://thedefiant.substack.com/p/mark-cuban-eth-has-an-advantage-over-12f

Mark Cuban: "ETH Has an Advantage Over BTC as a Store of Value"

But what he’s really excited about is smart contracts, which are allowing developers to make any decentralized application they can dream of, sparking innovation and compounding network effects, and most importantly, laying the foundation for what he calls “friction-free banking.”

Because most of this innovation is happening on Ethereum, he believes ETH is becoming a better store of value than BTC.

''I was all in on blockchain, but the argument on Bitcoin in particular was always it was going to be a currency. And over the next five years, I was certainly a naysayer. And to this day, I'm not a believer that Bitcoin will become a currency.

So what really changed was one, watching people change their mind about it being a currency, and start recognizing that it's only a store of value; and two, starting to see the maturation of blockchain apps, particularly on Ethereum; and then three, this past summer, watching on DeFi go nuts.

So for me DeFi, I really was okay now, blockchain in particular, is really starting to mature. You're starting to see applications that are really coming into play. You're starting to see NFT. And it's not so much just about how much is sold and market value, but more just that people are becoming more comfortable with it. And so we're starting to see these applications that are just popping up left and right.

And it reminded me so much of the early days of the internet, where the mid-90s people started talking about internet applications, but the internet had been around for 10 years, right? But it was mostly in universities. And so it was very analogous to what's going on with blockchain. You had early adopter applications.

You had banks and private organizations trying to use blockchain. You had people trying to come up with new ways to use it. And then bam, smart contracts came along, and it just blew up. And Bitcoin no longer was all about, well, it's going to be a currency and people would argue about the block size and all that shit, right? It was more now, okay, what can smart contracts do?

And now that people have come up with these ideas, and people are starting to put money into it, you're really starting to see it. So that's what's got me really excited lately.''

"Reserve currencies tend to stick around as long as they're reserve currencies and there are always multiple currencies. If one falters, another one stays there....there's always a currency there to take it's place.

''The pound has been around for hundreds of years, it used to be a reserve currency, but hasn't collapsed yet''

''The reality is that most fiat money is digital right now. And there will be a point when sovereign governments use their own digital coins because it's going to be cheaper.''

''Now you can start selling digital assets...when I realised there was a thing saying 'retail percentage' that when I put up something for sale and it got resold, I got a percentage, and it could track it every time it's sold, for evermore, and I would get continued to be paid, that was the gamechanger. That changes how music, how video, how the internet is going to work, forever.

''If you're a professional photographer, you put your photos on mintable or rarible, and every time it get sold, you get paid. And same with music videos, put it where you can tokenise it, and keep on getting paid. That is enormous, that is such a gamechanger, that traditional industries which sell digital goods haven't even recognised that.

"I was the first in streaming, the first in digital TV, when everyone said no, the point is I always try to follow these little niches that I think can blow up...and for me, NFTs are an enormous opportunity.''

''Ethereum is easy and that's become your currency for most swaps and it's become the currency for a lot of smart contracts...and I've held a lot of Ethereum since they've been doing smart contracts...I think Ethereum right now has an advantage over Bitcoin in terms of regular people, as a store of value and transactional because as more people get into NFT's all they're going to know is Ethereum and they're all going to have to buy Ethereum in order to do it.''

Interviewer: 'Wow, so you think Ethereum has an advantage over Bitcoin as a store of value?'

''Right now, for new people coming in, yes, here's my logic: if I decide I like digital art, how do I buy digital art? With Ether. And if there are thousands of people a day, two thousand people a day, coming in, relative to the size of the number of people doing this, that's impactful, because every now and then one of them is going to be a whale and they're going to buy a thousand Ether, to buy that big artwork. And on top of that, we're going to see music and entertainment videos and movies, hosted on rarible or whatever, because that's a better way to sell it.''

"There's nothing in this ecosystem that says you need to buy Bitcoin first in order to transact in Defi or within any of the digital goods marketplaces.''

"With digital goods, once it goes in the marketplace, I can continue to get paid. If I'm a photographer or musician or company which distributes movies, I get paid 15, 20, 30 percent every single time it's resold. That ability is crazy important. For NFT's and digital collectibles, also don't have to worry about grading.''

"If I'm going to buy new stuff, I'm going to buy Ethereum on a pullback before I buy Bitcoin, so when Bitcoin pulled back to 30 thousand, I didn't buy more. If Ethereum did pull back to a thousand, I did buy more, and if it does again I will buy more.''

"Like the early days of the internet, with Defi, you invest in the pick and shovels before you invest in the winners.''

"Like the early the days of the internet, the user interface was a pain in the ass, the user interface right now is horrible, but there are a bunch of them starting to get it right. A lot of this going to change and that's where the opportunity is. And that also means that people coming in are going to create some cool apps we haven't seen yet.''

''In the early days of the pandemic, I would always say, when we look back at 2020, there's going to a bunch of companies that changed the game, that's Defi. America 2.0 is going to be built on blockchain, and a big part of that is going to be Defi.''

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4967 on: February 14, 2021, 05:01:03 AM »
Crypto Kirby is an awesome technical chart analyzer. Watch him look at the situation with Bitcoin and Ethereum.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #4968 on: February 14, 2021, 06:21:57 AM »
$ 49,016.91

wave_length

• Getbig II
  • Retired at 42
« Reply #4969 on: February 14, 2021, 09:55:18 AM »

If you want even less risk, you need a crypto portfolio that follows total crypto market cap as close as possible. That's what I did.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4970 on: February 14, 2021, 12:44:47 PM »
If you want even less risk, you need a crypto portfolio that follows total crypto market cap as close as possible. That's what I did.

Personally I wouldn’t do that and I’d go with a BTC and call it a day.

The entry point into BTC is going to determine everything and massively skew the data if you get that wrong given it would be given the most weight in a mixed basket of crypto.

In addition nobody is sure what alts are really going to perform the best so if you buy the wrong one it will also skew the data of the mixed bag.

Then there is the question of exiting which also skews the data because BTC, ETH, alts all have different pricing waves.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4971 on: February 14, 2021, 01:10:09 PM »

The entry point into BTC is going to determine everything and massively skew the data if you get that wrong given it would be given the most weight in a mixed basket of crypto.

In addition nobody is sure what alts are really going to perform the best so if you buy the wrong one it will also skew the data of the mixed bag.

Then there is the question of exiting which also skews the data because BTC, ETH, alts all have different pricing waves.

We have seen some decoupling with ETH from BTC though, when BTC was dropping from 44K to 30K, ETH was surging to new ATH’s. Before the Tesla announcement it was looking like BTC could drop to 26K or 21K.

We’ve seen that when there isn’t much movement with BTC (and even a large pullback) then ETH tends to benefit. You mentioned different pricing waves, but as Defi and ETH develops perhaps we could see more of a decoupling.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #4972 on: February 14, 2021, 01:20:14 PM »
https://thedefiant.substack.com/p/mark-cuban-eth-has-an-advantage-over-12f

Mark Cuban: "ETH Has an Advantage Over BTC as a Store of Value"

But what he’s really excited about is smart contracts, which are allowing developers to make any decentralized application they can dream of, sparking innovation and compounding network effects, and most importantly, laying the foundation for what he calls “friction-free banking.”

Because most of this innovation is happening on Ethereum, he believes ETH is becoming a better store of value than BTC.

''I was all in on blockchain, but the argument on Bitcoin in particular was always it was going to be a currency. And over the next five years, I was certainly a naysayer. And to this day, I'm not a believer that Bitcoin will become a currency.

So what really changed was one, watching people change their mind about it being a currency, and start recognizing that it's only a store of value; and two, starting to see the maturation of blockchain apps, particularly on Ethereum; and then three, this past summer, watching on DeFi go nuts.

So for me DeFi, I really was okay now, blockchain in particular, is really starting to mature. You're starting to see applications that are really coming into play. You're starting to see NFT. And it's not so much just about how much is sold and market value, but more just that people are becoming more comfortable with it. And so we're starting to see these applications that are just popping up left and right.

And it reminded me so much of the early days of the internet, where the mid-90s people started talking about internet applications, but the internet had been around for 10 years, right? But it was mostly in universities. And so it was very analogous to what's going on with blockchain. You had early adopter applications.

You had banks and private organizations trying to use blockchain. You had people trying to come up with new ways to use it. And then bam, smart contracts came along, and it just blew up. And Bitcoin no longer was all about, well, it's going to be a currency and people would argue about the block size and all that shit, right? It was more now, okay, what can smart contracts do?

And now that people have come up with these ideas, and people are starting to put money into it, you're really starting to see it. So that's what's got me really excited lately.''

"Reserve currencies tend to stick around as long as they're reserve currencies and there are always multiple currencies. If one falters, another one stays there....there's always a currency there to take it's place.

''The pound has been around for hundreds of years, it used to be a reserve currency, but hasn't collapsed yet''

''The reality is that most fiat money is digital right now. And there will be a point when sovereign governments use their own digital coins because it's going to be cheaper.''

''Now you can start selling digital assets...when I realised there was a thing saying 'retail percentage' that when I put up something for sale and it got resold, I got a percentage, and it could track it every time it's sold, for evermore, and I would get continued to be paid, that was the gamechanger. That changes how music, how video, how the internet is going to work, forever.

''If you're a professional photographer, you put your photos on mintable or rarible, and every time it get sold, you get paid. And same with music videos, put it where you can tokenise it, and keep on getting paid. That is enormous, that is such a gamechanger, that traditional industries which sell digital goods haven't even recognised that.

"I was the first in streaming, the first in digital TV, when everyone said no, the point is I always try to follow these little niches that I think can blow up...and for me, NFTs are an enormous opportunity.''

''Ethereum is easy and that's become your currency for most swaps and it's become the currency for a lot of smart contracts...and I've held a lot of Ethereum since they've been doing smart contracts...I think Ethereum right now has an advantage over Bitcoin in terms of regular people, as a store of value and transactional because as more people get into NFT's all they're going to know is Ethereum and they're all going to have to buy Ethereum in order to do it.''

Interviewer: 'Wow, so you think Ethereum has an advantage over Bitcoin as a store of value?'

''Right now, for new people coming in, yes, here's my logic: if I decide I like digital art, how do I buy digital art? With Ether. And if there are thousands of people a day, two thousand people a day, coming in, relative to the size of the number of people doing this, that's impactful, because every now and then one of them is going to be a whale and they're going to buy a thousand Ether, to buy that big artwork. And on top of that, we're going to see music and entertainment videos and movies, hosted on rarible or whatever, because that's a better way to sell it.''

"There's nothing in this ecosystem that says you need to buy Bitcoin first in order to transact in Defi or within any of the digital goods marketplaces.''

"With digital goods, once it goes in the marketplace, I can continue to get paid. If I'm a photographer or musician or company which distributes movies, I get paid 15, 20, 30 percent every single time it's resold. That ability is crazy important. For NFT's and digital collectibles, also don't have to worry about grading.''

"If I'm going to buy new stuff, I'm going to buy Ethereum on a pullback before I buy Bitcoin, so when Bitcoin pulled back to 30 thousand, I didn't buy more. If Ethereum did pull back to a thousand, I did buy more, and if it does again I will buy more.''

"Like the early days of the internet, with Defi, you invest in the pick and shovels before you invest in the winners.''

"Like the early the days of the internet, the user interface was a pain in the ass, the user interface right now is horrible, but there are a bunch of them starting to get it right. A lot of this going to change and that's where the opportunity is. And that also means that people coming in are going to create some cool apps we haven't seen yet.''

''In the early days of the pandemic, I would always say, when we look back at 2020, there's going to a bunch of companies that changed the game, that's Defi. America 2.0 is going to be built on blockchain, and a big part of that is going to be Defi.''

this is the same Mark Cuban who told all the redditors to stay in Gamestop when it was tanking.Literally nobody thinks eth is a better store of value than BTC.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4973 on: February 14, 2021, 01:37:12 PM »

That’s a strong uptrend. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it go to 60K before there’s a pullback.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4974 on: February 14, 2021, 01:51:45 PM »
this is the same Mark Cuban who told all the redditors to stay in Gamestop when it was tanking.Literally nobody thinks eth is a better store of value than BTC.

He is arguing that digital assets, NFTs and Defi could become mainstream, and if so, it will be Ethereum which is used for this.