Author Topic: Mike Mentzer was a genius  (Read 19794 times)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Mike Mentzer was a genius
« Reply #200 on: February 22, 2023, 08:09:16 AM »
Who else wants a piece of me now that I just made Mohammad my bitch?
You probably just confused him, 90% of your posts never make sense anyway.

AFetlifeFanatic

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #201 on: February 22, 2023, 08:10:34 AM »
 ;D ;D

AFetlifeFanatic

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #202 on: February 22, 2023, 08:12:22 AM »
You probably just confused him, 90% of your posts never make sense anyway.

The problem is too many make posts that make even less sense and go off many assumptions but would never say it to the persons face.

Mods feel free to edit the posts but only after banning Mohammad and any other fucking retard in this thread

Its too bad no one is ever going to top my body as a whole but hey overcompensate and talk shit behind a computer!!!

I can troll too

Mohammed Omari

• Getbig III
  • Ham-ass
« Reply #203 on: February 22, 2023, 08:13:45 AM »

Five private messages received already. That, my brothers, is how you provoke a meltdown from a fat gay dork.

AFetlifeFanatic, send me location, boy. I'm going to break down your door, tie up your dog, and have consensual sex with your mom while you watch and cry.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: February 22, 2023, 08:14:13 AM »
The problem is too many make posts that make even less sense and go off many assumptions but would never say it to the persons face.

Mods feel free to edit the posts but only after banning Mohammad and any other fucking retard in this thread

Its too bad no one is ever going to top my body as a whole but hey overcompensate and talk shit behind a computer!!!

I can troll too

Yep me too, hence your long winded response

AFetlifeFanatic

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #205 on: February 22, 2023, 08:14:24 AM »
already cut off the possibly of that joke

AFetlifeFanatic

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #206 on: February 22, 2023, 08:15:03 AM »

Five private messages received already. That, my brothers, is how you provoke a meltdown from a fat gay dork.

AFetlifeFanatic, send me location, boy. I'm going to break down your door, tie up your dog, and have consensual sex with your mom while you watch and cry.

how bout you send me yours you fucking loser

I do NOT envy what anyone else looks like

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: February 22, 2023, 08:15:12 AM »

make sure you dont tie up his mom and have sex with the dog

Mohammed Omari

• Getbig III
  • Ham-ass
« Reply #208 on: February 22, 2023, 08:20:43 AM »
make sure you dont tie up his mom and have sex with the dog

It's an easy mistake to make. They're both so hairy you need to offer them a biscuit when they misbehave, just to know what end to smack.

AFetlifeFanatic

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #209 on: February 22, 2023, 08:22:19 AM »
you guys are all talk the talk whether you like it or not

that pic I send is all natural too and you are the one who would get "raped"

sorry buddy

anyone can feel absolutely free to post their pics to counter mine. i'll wait

I cut off the possibilities of your bs long before you tried it but keep acting like a retarded fucking jackass

I win

edit: still waiting for the pics all of you supposedly "own" me with

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2023, 02:22:20 PM »
That guy is a Jesus freak.

Yep. He's so delusional. Another mentzer fanatic fruitloop.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #211 on: February 22, 2023, 02:25:52 PM »
Yep. He's so delusional. Another mentzer fanatic fruitloop.

The Mentzer’s have been dead for nearly a quarter century and you are still filled with jealousy 🤣🤣🤣

Mike did meth but he still EASILY had your sorry ass beat 😂

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2023, 03:02:18 PM »
As I have said before, I saw the Mentzers train one day with Viator at the original Gold's.   That's true and their training was brutal.

I had Mike's final book and unless you are on more bathtub gin than bhanky or can get genuine Dianabol  it is too much of a shock to my system to train like that.  To a lesser degree, Brooks Kubik's "Dinosaur Training" is almost as hard on the body.  I did both and I enjoyed Kubik's methods a bit more than Mentzer's.

When I first tried Mentzer's HIT it was in the mid '70s and the four day split would have been my choice had I had the nerve to take steroids like some of my friend did.  They did much better than me on HIT but when they got off (as they always did) the drugs everything still went away.  ;) ;D

Mike wasn't a genius.  Mike wasn't a moron.  He was a marketing wiz and for a while he did really well with his courses which, when you consider that it was the exact same stuff as he did in the Weider magazines with the exact same pictures, makes the morons the guys that bought the magazine with his training in them and then ordered the HIT courses from that same magazine.  ;D

Mentzer's problem was the amphetamines.  He ruined himself with that stuff (and who knows what else?).  My youngest brother did meth and he ruined his life too.

Find what style of training works for you and stick with until you get "bored" and then switch to something else for a while.   I remember reading about how after winning some title Mentzer returned to Gold's and under the tutelage of the Master Spackler, Joe Weider, Mike gained something like "15lbs of pure muscle in just one week!"...LOL!  I believed that but keep in mind I have a low IQ and was easily misled.   ;D   I spent a LOT of money on desiccated liver tablets, more than I could afford to.  I waited for a long time for my order of "Weider Weight Gain 10,000!" to come in and then my older sister and brother explained to me that it nothing more than really expensive Ovaltine with more sugar in it.  Dumb me.

When Robby Robinson told me the truth about steroids it opened my eyes.  I knew I could never be a Mr. America or anything else with a "Mr." in front of it because I was scared to take stuff like that.  I threw away a HUGE pile of magazines and did my best to go to school and work toward getting better and better jobs.   

Mentzer was a smart businessman who got hooked on amphetamines and allowed his ego to destroy his life.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #213 on: February 22, 2023, 03:17:44 PM »
As I have said before, I saw the Mentzers train one day with Viator at the original Gold's.   That's true and their training was brutal.

I had Mike's final book and unless you are on more bathtub gin than bhanky or can get genuine Dianabol  it is too much of a shock to my system to train like that.  To a lesser degree, Brooks Kubik's "Dinosaur Training" is almost as hard on the body.  I did both and I enjoyed Kubik's methods a bit more than Mentzer's.

When I first tried Mentzer's HIT it was in the mid '70s and the four day split would have been my choice had I had the nerve to take steroids like some of my friend did.  They did much better than me on HIT but when they got off (as they always did) the drugs everything still went away.  ;) ;D

Mike wasn't a genius.  Mike wasn't a moron.  He was a marketing wiz and for a while he did really well with his courses which, when you consider that it was the exact same stuff as he did in the Weider magazines with the exact same pictures, makes the morons the guys that bought the magazine with his training in them and then ordered the HIT courses from that same magazine.  ;D

Mentzer's problem was the amphetamines.  He ruined himself with that stuff (and who knows what else?).  My youngest brother did meth and he ruined his life too.

Find what style of training works for you and stick with until you get "bored" and then switch to something else for a while.   I remember reading about how after winning some title Mentzer returned to Gold's and under the tutelage of the Master Spackler, Joe Weider, Mike gained something like "15lbs of pure muscle in just one week!"...LOL!  I believed that but keep in mind I have a low IQ and was easily misled.   ;D   I spent a LOT of money on desiccated liver tablets, more than I could afford to.  I waited for a long time for my order of "Weider Weight Gain 10,000!" to come in and then my older sister and brother explained to me that it nothing more than really expensive Ovaltine with more sugar in it.  Dumb me.

When Robby Robinson told me the truth about steroids it opened my eyes.  I knew I could never be a Mr. America or anything else with a "Mr." in front of it because I was scared to take stuff like that.  I threw away a HUGE pile of magazines and did my best to go to school and work toward getting better and better jobs.   

Mentzer was a smart businessman who got hooked on amphetamines and allowed his ego to destroy his life.

Great post

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2023, 04:46:43 PM »
The Mentzer’s have been dead for nearly a quarter century and you are still filled with jealousy 🤣🤣🤣

mentzer couldn't beat anybody as he quickly became broken down old a junkie  who blamed the world for his own bad decisions. He's dead. I'm alive so therefore I win.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #215 on: February 22, 2023, 05:06:08 PM »
"As I have said before, I saw the Mentzers train one day with Viator at the original Gold's.   That's true and their training was brutal."

No different than other bodybuilders training.

Both suck.

"When I first tried Mentzer's HIT it was in the mid '70s and the four day split would have been my choice had I had the nerve to take steroids like some of my friend did.  They did much better than me on HIT but when they got off (as they always did) the drugs everything still went away."

Hit sucks for muscle building.

"Mike wasn't a genius.  Mike wasn't a moron."

He was certainly a moron.

"He was a marketing wiz and for a while he did really well with his courses which, when you consider that it was the exact same stuff as he did in the Weider magazines with the exact same pictures, makes the morons the guys that bought the magazine with his training in them and then ordered the HIT courses from that same magazine."

Hit followers are morons that's true. Mike wasn't a market wiz he just stole that from Arthur Jones.

"Mentzer's problem was the amphetamines.  He ruined himself with that stuff (and who knows what else?).  My youngest brother did meth and he ruined his life too."

Junkie is what a junkie does.

"Find what style of training works for you and stick with until you get "bored" and then switch to something else for a while.   I remember reading about how after winning some title Mentzer returned to Gold's and under the tutelage of the Master Spackler, Joe Weider, Mike gained something like "15lbs of pure muscle in just one week!"...LOL!  I believed that but keep in mind I have a low IQ and was easily misled.   ;D   I spent a LOT of money on desiccated liver tablets, more than I could afford to.  I waited for a long time for my order of "Weider Weight Gain 10,000!" to come in and then my older sister and brother explained to me that it nothing more than really expensive Ovaltine with more sugar in it.  Dumb me."

Yes, dumb you.

"When Robby Robinson told me the truth about steroids it opened my eyes.  I knew I could never be a Mr. America or anything else with a "Mr." in front of it because I was scared to take stuff like that.  I threw away a HUGE pile of magazines and did my best to go to school and work toward getting better and better jobs."
So you gave up, huh?

"Mentzer was a smart businessman who got hooked on amphetamines and allowed his ego to destroy his life."

Mentzer wasn't smart but he did let his own delusion of grandeur get the better of him.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #216 on: February 22, 2023, 06:01:32 PM »
When I was a young skinny teen as opposed to now being an old skinny man,my training partner Ray Harris and I made the transition from training in our cellars and set up headquarters at the Springfield YMCA....there were not many gyms at all back then unless you went to a heath club with leopard spotted naugahide covered benches and chrome nonsense.....the calf machine went up to 100 whopping  pounds so it was the "Y" for us.

It was a hardcote gym mostly populated by powerlifters and I later became a powerlifter in the minute weight class of 123 actually weighing 126 pounds......I could do a touch and go bench at 123 with 230 pounds at the time.

I weighed less than the 98 pound weakling in Jr. High and when I left high school I was a whopping 105 after training if you want to call it that, for 2 years......me and Harris followed Arnold and Sergios routines.

Needless to say I gained jackshit but I was very strong for a little guy while on the other side of the coin,Harris was getting huge.....he could have been a Sergio clone and I`m not exaggerating..... but I digress.

Another guy who we saw there was the great Dave Mastorakis who returned my call from last night and is calling me tomorrow as his wife and he had to stock up on wine and food as a major winter storm is heading their way.

Anyway,we were so shy we were scared to approach Dave just being the kids thst we wre.

Dave was fuckinh huge and thick and had to tie a tape weight to the globular dumbells just to enable himself to train heavy enough.

As a tiny powerlifter I always had the best official powerlifting bench in the 132 pound class in every meet I entered. but only weighed 126 pounds......I was too fucking dumb to figure out that if I missed a meal I would weigh 123 of less and even do better.

Our mentor became a guy named John Pezzotte. who had an official 515 bench,650 squat,and 650 deadlift in 1974 or 1975...Carl Snitkin trained there also Google him.....800 pound official squats.....John showed us how to perform the 3 lifts and said he was gonna` start a powerlifting team which we joined and did OK at .....I also entered odd lift contests at the famous Mt. Park Amusement Center put on by the great Ed Jubinville.

Anyway again.....fast forward one day me and Harris were at the mall and saw Dave and both Mentzer brothers.....we followed them at a distance just amazed at their  sheer size.

Fast forward to around 2000 -2001....Dave had long been gone to California to become on of the first personal trainers......training such clientele as Jane Fonda and Leonard Nimoy just to name 2 of many.

Well anyway at our gym,and I hadnt ever truly gotten to know Dave but his training partner Ken Knapp knew me and Harris so Dave knew who I was.....Glen Chabot was going to try to bench 650 for a triple that night and the lower floor of the gym was packed.....glen was a pretty good friend of mine but I scanned the crowd and lo and behold I spotted Dave Mass.....well fuck Chabot though I did see his 650 for a triple like a hot knife through butter, but the bulk of the evening was me talking to Dave who miraculously remembered me.....we talked about what he was doing and had done out in Cali ,the Mentzers who were a lifetime friends with Dave and often times training partner,the late Gene Massey who I had the  pleasure of seeing
before his tragic plane crash,a Prime Srnold and Franco,Len Archambault,Leon Brown,Don Moddzelewski,Katz, Pete Caputo,Elliot Gilchrist,Skip Robinson,Warren Fredericks,Pat Hayes,Joe Ugolik,The Mentzers,and a host of others.....this was where my famous movie debut was filmed for Pumping Iron.....LOL ;D.......Mountain Park,Ed Jubinville and Leon Brown and Katz another local heroes and the first time I saw the asshole Louie.

On that night I finally, after decade of knowing but not knowing Dave, forged a lasting friendship to this day....a great guy who got robbed a lot and I`ve seen his old photos as I modeled his shirts and clothing line "Lords Of Disciple" with my then training partner another little freak named Greg Robbins.

If you search the board and type in "Golds Gym how it really was" or something like that....,not that I ever trained there.....another long story you will find a lot of stuff on how hard we trained like freaks and my best friend Ray Harris who was a teen prodigy and lots of funny shit.

Look it up if you are so inclined.....it`s a great read with lots of funny shit about a load of fucking funny animals.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2023, 01:15:47 AM »

I get those PM's as well.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #218 on: September 11, 2023, 02:50:45 AM »

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #219 on: September 11, 2023, 08:10:13 AM »

Ah, John Heart. A complete lunatic who, if you try to debate and debunk him with facts, he throws a hissy fit and blocks you. If these hit con men are so right in what they say then why are they afraid to defend their position?

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #220 on: September 11, 2023, 08:13:28 AM »
Ah, John Heart. A complete lunatic who, if you try to debate and debunk him with facts, he throws a hissy fit and blocks you. If these hit con men are so right in what they say then why are they afraid to defend their position?
Hmm..you stalked the dude
fucking weirdo !

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #221 on: September 11, 2023, 08:54:18 AM »
Hmm..you stalked the dude
fucking weirdo !

No, I debunked him and he didn't like it one bit.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: September 12, 2023, 12:03:51 AM »

But he never beat Arnold.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: September 12, 2023, 12:36:42 PM »
Why once a week when you can train once a month? Or once a year? Or once a decade?
Bro...

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: September 12, 2023, 01:10:48 PM »
Tbh I took ideas from Jones, Mentzer, Leo Costa, Tom Platz, Arnold, Victor Martinez, Ronnie, Jay Cutler, and many others, and I created my own training system. I only train twice a week