Author Topic: Vince Gironda Diet question?  (Read 21778 times)

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
Re: Vince Gironda Diet question?
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2015, 06:14:54 AM »
Well I'm not assuming you know anything about him so we're even.  :D

Typical response from a punk. You ever talk like that to THE BEEF again and THE BEEF will smack you in the mouth.

THE BEEF

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2015, 06:20:39 AM »
Typical response from a punk. You ever talk like that to THE BEEF again and THE BEEF will smack you in the mouth.

THE BEEF

Sorry I do recall seeing you in all the mags training with Mohamed.  ;D

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2015, 07:10:03 AM »
Sorry I do recall seeing you in all the mags training with Mohamed.  ;D

THE BEEF is a personal friend who has known him for years. Known him enough to tell you - AS FACT -  not all letters were written by those people who you sent your money to
. Dick.

THE BEEF

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2015, 07:13:57 AM »
Everyone can see your post where you talk about your difficulty in losing weight.
I don't know why you would have a problem with your own words.

Archer doesn't know me and I don't know him.
If you think he posted pictures of me then you have my permission to re-post them here.

You dumb shit. We were talking about apnea and snoring in that thread!!!

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2015, 01:24:14 PM »
yes, I've definitely noticed this too and this is one of the advantages for the average person who is used to eating carbs and being hungry all the time

It's odd that  coach says he was eating multiple pounds of meat, eggs, dairy, etc.. and also was hungry all the time

Straw I think that's because hes not as carb sensitive as some folks. I respond very well to keto diets and end up being stuffed after a large green salad with ranch, a 12oz steak and some veggies. Coach might find that his body responds better to a different style of diet like calorie restrictive or fasting 2 days a week. you never know until you experiment.
X

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2015, 09:54:05 PM »
THE BEEF is a personal friend who has known him for years. Known him enough to tell you - AS FACT -  not all letters were written by those people who you sent your money to
. Dick.

THE BEEF

Yeah personal friend. Ah yeah OK  ::)

Rammstein

• Getbig III
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2015, 11:00:42 PM »

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2015, 02:24:08 AM »
Yeah personal friend. Ah yeah OK  ::)

What a fucken zero. A poorly spent $45. Lol.

THE BEEF

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2015, 07:38:08 AM »

THE BEEF

Maybe you can get me a refund next time your hanging out with him training.  ::)

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2015, 11:45:34 AM »

THE BEEF
How did he diet?

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2015, 01:23:42 PM »

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2015, 01:54:13 PM »
The truth is that hormone levels rise when you eat carbs, because the body needs the hormones to fight the inflammation, that eating carbs causes in your body. What is considered a "normal" T-3 level today, would have been considered a high T-3 level 150 years ago, if they could have checked those levels back then, because they ate way fewer carbs, back then. Adrenal, thyroid, and other glands are burning out on today's high carb diet. Why do you think there is this epidemic of Type II Diabetes? Diabetes isn't a communicable disease. It's caused entirely by high carb diet. The higher testosterone levels found in people with high carb diet, aren't being used to build muscle tissue, but to fight the inflammation caused by eating carbs. Why do you think testosterone levels have fallen for young men over the years? Because the gland is burning out, because of high carb intake, and can't produce enough for guys in their 30s.

Hormones are made from proteins and fats. No hormones are made from carbohydrates. Carbs are not essential for human health, so there is really no reason to eat them at all.

"you feel lousy, spaced-out, sluggish, cranky...and maybe even sick," on an extremely low carb diet. Yes, those are withdrawal symptoms. They go away after a few weeks when you get over your carb addiction.

The keto diet is a high fat (70%) and Protein (30%) diet, with well under 10% carbs per meal. And that's what low carb fat loss diet needs to work in a reasonable amount of time. Diets with 30%+ carbs being called "low carb" is absurd.

If you don't want to live with the extremely low carb lifestyle, then fine, don't do it, but don't make up lies about it. The "food" industry wants everyone to pay high prices for cheaply produced carbs, and the "medical" industry profits mightily from you eating carbs too.

excellent post

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2015, 02:04:42 PM »
excellent post

Thank you. The facts should be out there to help everyone.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2015, 03:24:01 PM »
Low carb.
Yes, but his first post implied he did some sort of super low calorie diet as well with the "living on desicatted liver tabs...."

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2015, 03:41:43 PM »
Yes, but his first post implied he did some sort of super low calorie diet as well with the "living on desicatted liver tabs...."

You cannot eat unlimited amounts of just protein and fat and not get fat.  Any huckster trying to sell you that shit should be pummeled.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2015, 03:46:55 PM »
It's not possible.  If it is excess it will be turned into fat.  Entirety of human evolution was to take advantage of caloric excess.  It is why we are so efficient at producing fatties now.

Here is an example.  A friend of mine had an avocado tree in her backyard. The avocados used to get ripe and fall and her dogs would eat them.  Both dogs got fat as shit.  Vegetable fats and dogs, but even then, they STILL GOT FAT.

Let me poke holes in your story. Avocados DO NOT get ripe on the tree.  It's only when they're picked or fall that the ripening process begins.  It takes about 3 weeks before they're even edible.  I know this because I have a couple big trees.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2015, 06:34:56 PM »
You cannot eat unlimited amounts of just protein and fat and not get fat.  Any huckster trying to sell you that shit should be pummeled.
Why are you quoting me?

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2015, 09:22:21 PM »

You're wrong as usual! No charge!

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2015, 07:33:32 AM »
You cannot eat unlimited amounts of just protein and fat and not get fat.  Any huckster trying to sell you that shit should be pummeled.

Im coming to realize this, however, i can see how this form of eating would be GREAT for an endo who wants to grow. I was growing on 3200 cals a day of AD, And kept waist size. Cutting on this seems pointless so far since it all comes down to cals.

i can definitely see the benefit of starting the AD once you are lean like 8-10, and want to put on lean tissue

Beckenbauer

• Getbig II
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2015, 08:54:39 AM »
All I know, people who live Keto life style, look like they aged 10-20 years. No wonder, it also depletes all your water under your skin. Another reason I'm against no carb is:

"A bodybuilders myoctyes (muscle cells) have a massive bias to being predominately fast twitch fibres compared to the slow twitch fibre of say a marathon runner or maybe cross country skier. Fast twitch fibres can generate more force but slow twitch fibres are better at utilising oxygen and fats because of a higher mitochondrial density. While fast twitch fibres need to carry out quick processes this requires immediate energy in the form of glucose, ATP, and creatinephosphate.

Someone on a low carb diet could never hope to train as hard as someone consuming a high carb diet, physiologically it doen’t make sense. The conversion of proteins and fats to products that can be readily utilised as a energy source is simply not as quick as glycolysis or glucose. While if you consider a low carb dieter may consume the vast majority of carb prior to training and after to compensate for this sadly the figures just don’t add up. Muscle glycogen stores between 200 – 400g the liver between 40 – 90g A high carb meal around 40- 80g wouldn’t even make a dent in those numbers and would never guarantee the muscle of choice would be topped up."   

http://www.musclechat.co.uk/f105/high-protein-low-carb-diets-poor-fit-natural-bodybuilder-part-1-a-35813/

From a UK natural champion, also PhD nutritionist.

I stick to my carbs, since I also enjoy other sports.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2015, 09:04:46 AM »
All I know, people who live Keto life style, look like they aged 10-20 years. No wonder, it also depletes all your water under your skin. Another reason I'm against no carb is:

"A bodybuilders myoctyes (muscle cells) have a massive bias to being predominately fast twitch fibres compared to the slow twitch fibre of say a marathon runner or maybe cross country skier. Fast twitch fibres can generate more force but slow twitch fibres are better at utilising oxygen and fats because of a higher mitochondrial density. While fast twitch fibres need to carry out quick processes this requires immediate energy in the form of glucose, ATP, and creatinephosphate.

Someone on a low carb diet could never hope to train as hard as someone consuming a high carb diet, physiologically it doen’t make sense. The conversion of proteins and fats to products that can be readily utilised as a energy source is simply not as quick as glycolysis or glucose. While if you consider a low carb dieter may consume the vast majority of carb prior to training and after to compensate for this sadly the figures just don’t add up. Muscle glycogen stores between 200 – 400g the liver between 40 – 90g A high carb meal around 40- 80g wouldn’t even make a dent in those numbers and would never guarantee the muscle of choice would be topped up."   

http://www.musclechat.co.uk/f105/high-protein-low-carb-diets-poor-fit-natural-bodybuilder-part-1-a-35813/

Amen, great post!!!
?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2015, 09:25:49 AM »

So my argument to this is...

1. Training with weights for 45min to an hour IS NOT HARD. Your body can handle that without carbs. Its not marathon training

2. Of course for performance, carbs are ideal and NEEDEd. Power lifting, marathons, high impact strenous endeavors should utilize carbs. Gym rats lifting for hypertrophy...not really needed

3. Even the author of AD says carbs are needed if performance is the goal.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2015, 09:33:18 AM »
So my argument to this is...

1. Training with weights for 45min to an hour IS NOT HARD. Your body can handle that without carbs. Its not marathon training

2. Of course for performance, carbs are ideal and NEEDEd. Power lifting, marathons, high impact strenous endeavors should utilize carbs. Gym rats lifting for hypertrophy...not really needed

3. Even the author of AD says carbs are needed if performance is the goal.

EEESSSsHHHHhhh, maybe the way you do it. But did quads yesterday in 35ish mins and was depleted and tired as shit. Please tell me you had serious morning fog when you posted that or simply made a mistake. REading that is such a face palm, dear lord...
?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2015, 09:41:27 AM »
Pretty interesting dude.
He always looked kinda sick - especially in later years. Whenever I see a photo of him I have to think of glam rock and "trick or treat".

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2015, 11:33:44 AM »
EEESSSsHHHHhhh, maybe the way you do it. But did quads yesterday in 35ish mins and was depleted and tired as shit. Please tell me you had serious morning fog when you posted that or simply made a mistake. REading that is such a face palm, dear lord...

Im comparing a session of weights to training for legit athletic events like track meets, marathons, etc.
i think people really over state the amount of carbs needed for the average gym rats session of 12 sets with 2 minutes rest and chatting between each set.