Author Topic: Bodybuilding is not a sport.  (Read 86473 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Bodybuilding is not a sport.
« Reply #950 on: January 11, 2009, 09:35:56 AM »
So is breakdancing, and to a much higher degree in skill and athleticism, but it's not considered a sport. And are Figure competitions sport or pageant according to your definition?

acually yes breakdancing or ball room dancing are considered sports

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #951 on: January 11, 2009, 09:36:51 AM »
You're right about one thing...."Oiled up men in thongs is certainly not a sport.....Competitive bodybuilding is.

Guys dressed in jock straps and shoulder pads trying to "tackle each other down" isn't a sport either....Fottball is.

Guys in pajamas scratching their balls and slapping each other on the ass isnt a sport either....Baseball is.

Two guys wrestling each other to the ground trying to "pin" each other down and gain dominance isnt a sport....wrestling is.

And taking up hours of your day trying to convince a bunch of anonymous people on a BODYBUILDING site isnt a sport either....it's called being a loser and having no life.....

BTW...congrats in advance on your 19,000th post (as Goatboy)

hahahaha the goat is owned ;D

E
E

J Grey

« Reply #952 on: January 11, 2009, 09:37:00 AM »
if you truly feel it is "undisputable" you would'nt bump the thread every other day, you are desperate

you can't win when you are using your own opinions against the facts :-*

E

you are also the man Earl1972.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #953 on: January 11, 2009, 10:11:21 AM »
Spoken from someone who has never done it...classic Getbig.

Chick,

I sometimes forget you have a good sense of humor. :)

I understand why you wouldn't want to be "Model" or "Pageant contestant rights" Rep., but come on dude.... Posing!!??

I'm not against bodybuilding (aside from all the gayness it attracts) but its participants are ultimately judged on appearance so it's not a sport. Sure, posing requires practice and developing muscle memory. Hell.. I'll even give you that doing it while intentionally dehydrated/starved/depleted makes it harder but it's still flexing muscles, man. On top of that someone with better genetics, diet, drugs would still beat a better poseur.

Chicks that do Miss America go to the gym, eat right, tan, etc... all you guys need is to add a question/answer event to make things complete. I'd love to hear how bodybuilders would solve world hunger and other important issues. :)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #954 on: January 11, 2009, 10:14:50 AM »
Chick,

I understand why you wouldn't want to be "Model" or "Pageant contestant rights" Rep., but come on dude.... Posing!!??

I'm not against bodybuilding (aside from all the gayness it attracts) but its participants are ultimately judged on appearance so it's not a sport. Sure, posing requires practice and developing muscle memory. Hell.. I'll even give you that doing it while intentionally dehydrated/starved/depleted makes it harder but it's still flexing muscles, man. On top of that someone with better genetics, diet, drugs would still beat a better poseur.

Chicks that do Miss America go to the gym, eat right, tan, etc... all you guys need is to add a question/answer event to make things complete. I'd love to hear how bodybuilders would solve world hunger and other important issues. :)

the question/answer segment is another reason bodybuilding should not be compared to pageants

E
E

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #955 on: January 11, 2009, 10:19:40 AM »
the question/answer segment is another reason bodybuilding should not be compared to pageants

E

You already have swimsuits and a talent (oiled men gyrating to music) section!!! What's left?! :)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #956 on: January 11, 2009, 10:21:06 AM »
You already have swimsuits and a talent (oiled men gyrating to music) section!!! What's left?! :)

the women just stand there smiling

E
E

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #957 on: January 11, 2009, 10:24:07 AM »
BB is a competitive contest coupled with mild pagentry and some milder elements of sport in that there is some energy expended through posing and a body of judges and set of rules is employed to determine a contest winner.  The weight training done without the BB contest could be considered sport, but the BB contest itself is really not....it isn't a sport and it isn't a pagent...it is a contest.

Thread over.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #958 on: January 11, 2009, 10:27:02 AM »
the women just stand there smiling

E

Smiling isn't easy when you're dehydrated and low on carbs.  :)

They walk around with good posture, show a talent and answer stupid questions.

BB is a competitive contest coupled with mild pagentry and some milder elements of sport in that there is some energy expended through posing and a body of judges and set of rules is employed to determine a contest winner.  The weight training done without the BB contest could be considered sport, but the BB contest itself is really not....it isn't a sport and it isn't a pagent...it is a contest.

Thread over.

MOS,

How long do you think they'd be arguing over answers Ronnie gave being better than Dorian's?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #959 on: January 11, 2009, 10:29:36 AM »
Smiling isn't easy when you're dehydrated and low on carbs.  :)

They walk around with good posture, show a talent and answer stupid questions.

MOS,

How long do you think they'd be arguing over answers Ronnie gave being better than Dorian's?

Endlessly...it's all they've got.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #960 on: January 11, 2009, 10:45:53 AM »
Endlessly...it's all they've got.

Of course most people would say Arnold had the best answers ever. He would have said "I would crush hunger by feeding fat people to the starving and have them military press the rotting corpses to failure!".

J Grey

« Reply #961 on: January 11, 2009, 10:52:43 AM »
it's a sport and always has been

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #962 on: January 11, 2009, 12:36:18 PM »
Still not a sport. :-*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

J Grey

« Reply #963 on: January 11, 2009, 12:41:50 PM »
Still not a sport. :-*

only fat people who work out say that to make themselves feel better

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #964 on: January 11, 2009, 12:43:18 PM »
Chick,

shows are competitive.  there is pre-judging with comparisons.  the gayness is there bud, only if you bring it.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #965 on: January 11, 2009, 12:43:48 PM »
only fat people who work out say that to make themselves feel better
Only schmoes that jack off to BBing magazines say it is a sport to make themselves feel better about being queer.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #966 on: January 11, 2009, 12:54:30 PM »
Only schmoes that jack off to BBing magazines say it is a sport to make themselves feel better about being queer.
who jacks to BB magazines, some farmer in eastern europe?

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #967 on: January 11, 2009, 01:00:08 PM »
shows are competitive.  there is pre-judging with comparisons.  the gayness is there bud, only if you bring it.

I've been to shows and sat through prejudging. It's just a serious stretch to assert posing itself (displaying muscles) is a sport.

I'm not saying showing up in perfect condition doesn't take lots of hard work and discipline, that would be stupid. It's just not a sport. If that were the case every guy posing at the gym between sets should be considered an athlete, LOL!

In the end it still comes down to looks, not athletic prowess. The only similarity is some people up there being judged (on looks) have superior genetics but they can still lose to people who have prepared better because conditioning is so important. Like I wrote earlier, hitting the poses right, making the turns and so on takes a certain level of skill but it ain't a sport.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #968 on: January 12, 2009, 04:00:13 AM »
acually yes breakdancing or ball room dancing are considered sports

E
No Earl, they're considered "dance competitions". The athleticism and skill from these two far exceeds the "skill" in bodybuilding contests.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #969 on: January 12, 2009, 10:42:51 AM »
No Earl, they're considered "dance competitions". The athleticism and skill from these two far exceeds the "skill" in bodybuilding contests.

http://www.mindbodysoul.tv/episodes/episode-twenty-five/ballroom-dancing/

just one link, i'll get more if you want ;)

E
E

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #971 on: January 12, 2009, 01:55:31 PM »
How about linking a sports affiliated link?

http://www.outsports.com/columns/bell/whatissport20010827.htm

c'mon now any site that calls anything the "gay games" should not be taken seriously

E
E

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #972 on: January 17, 2009, 12:27:04 PM »
BOB CHICK!

Tell us what you think of competitive bodybuilding (oiled men in thongs) being called a "sport"!

this is obviously gay.

Ron: "I am lazy."

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #973 on: January 17, 2009, 12:38:43 PM »
Still not a sport.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo