Author Topic: AlGore and his Global Warming Farce  (Read 12477 times)

The Coach

AlGore and his Global Warming Farce
« on: December 20, 2008, 07:48:47 AM »
.......it's 40 degrees in Huntington Beach. I'll bet when this moron turns on the news and see's the blizzards going on throughout the mid-west and east and it being unusually COLD on the west coast........he just looks at his acadamy award and says to himself "yep, I suckard the libs.....again!"

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: AlGore and his Global Warming Farce
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 07:50:14 AM »
.......it's 40 degrees in Huntington Beach. I'll bet when this moron turns on the news and see's the blizzards going on throughout the mid-west and east and it being unusually COLD on the west coast........he just looks at his acadamy award and says to himself "yep, I suckard the libs.....again!"

Did he also sucker every other scientist in the world that agrees with him?

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 07:52:30 AM »
Buddy, no one disagrees about whether or not the Earth is warming up.  There's data to back it-both sides agree on that-I think we're up something like 1.7 degrees F or something like that since the temp started increasing more dramatically than usual.  The argument is whether or not people are causing the warming.  

qiniz

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 07:53:14 AM »

My god, you really are a dumbass arent you. Unbelievable

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 07:54:37 AM »
It is obvious that the Coach doesn't understand the word global in global warming. It is also evident that he has problems with normal distribution.

But its aaaaaaall okay.

::)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 07:59:36 AM »
coach said he thinks palin would make a great president. strange fellow.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 08:01:20 AM »
I'm actually surprised to see so many GBers on the global warming train. Now how many think that human beings are a big part of the cause? How many think that it's just a part of the Earth's natural temperature fluxations dependant on things bigger than us?  I'm with the former, btw.

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry²
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 08:03:15 AM »
Shut up and pay your taxes like a good drone.

The Coach

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 08:20:45 AM »
Did he also sucker every other scientist in the world that agrees with him?

The funny thing is there are more scientists that disagree with his handpicked scientists than anything. It's a joke. The raising of one degree in the earths temp over the last 100 years is nothing. It's political BS.

The Coach

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 08:21:45 AM »
It is obvious that the Coach doesn't understand the word global in global warming. It is also evident that he has problems with normal distribution.

But its aaaaaaall okay.

Ok, scientist. Explain it.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 08:24:06 AM »
Ok, scientist. Explain it.

the melting of the ice caps would be a good place to start.
b

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 08:24:21 AM »
Global warming?

Still waiting for my car and clothes to disolve the next time it acid rains.

Oh, and shouldn't the ozone layer be gone by now?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 08:26:53 AM »
You do realize Global Warming is based of decades and hundreds of years, long term trends. ::)

Wait, I am talking to someone who thinks the world is only 6000 years old and everythign was placed as is.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 08:29:34 AM »
The funny thing is there are more scientists that disagree with his handpicked scientists than anything. It's a joke. The raising of one degree in the earths temp over the last 100 years is nothing. It's political BS.

1 degree has caused a dramatic decrease in polar ice-it means that there is a shorter cold period.  2-4 degrees will mean no poloar ice at all.  We know this because we can see what has happened in the past when temp increases like this have happened-we see this in geological remains.  Again, the argument-as you've just pointed out-is not whether or not global warming is happening, it's whether or not we are causing it and whether or not we can do anything about it.
   Global climate change is a better name though, to be honest.  Some places are getting colder, some warmer-all summed up, we're up 1.5 degrees or whatever it is.

qiniz

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 08:30:34 AM »
You do realize Global Warming is based of decades and hundreds of years, long term trends. ::)

Wait, I am talking to someone who thinks the world is only 6000 years old and everythign was placed as is.

;D

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 08:33:24 AM »
You really are a fucking moron. I was going to sign off from getbig for about 3 weeks and take a break but you suck me back in every time with your political bullshit. Your hero Bush even believes in global warming. I think i speak for everyone when i say we are tired of your political bullshit. You are up there in the ranks of johnny falcon and bluto as the most annoying posters. Take it to the political board. The ice caps are melting and we probably won't see them here in the next 20 years. Someone really needs to hit you in the face because i think the only way to get you to realize what's going on around you is to beat it into you.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008, 08:33:35 AM »
Handpicked? Try EVERY single non-partisan global Body of Scientists:

National Academy of Sciences (US) Royal Society (United Kingdom) Chinese Academy of Sciences Academia Brasiliera de Ciências (Brazil) Royal Society of Canada Académie des Sciences (france) Deutsche Akademie der Naturforscher Leopoldina (Germany) Indian National Science Academy Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italy) Science Council of Japan Russian Academy of Sciences Australian Academy of Sciences Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and the Arts Caribbean Academy of Sciences Indonesian Academy of Sciences Royal Irish Academy Academy of Sciences Malaysia Academy Council of the Royal Society of New Zealand Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences http://www.royalsociety.org/displaypagedoc.asp?id= ... (2001) http://www.royalsoc.ac.uk/displaypagedoc.asp?id=20 ... (2005) For the comments of other scientific bodies http://www.globalwarmingart.com/wiki/Statements_on ...
The scientific consensus is with the IPCC. Just as the scientific evidence and consensus is for evolution.

The National Scientific Academies of the the following countries issued this statement
“The work of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) represents the consensus of the international scientific community on climate change science. We recognise IPCC as the world’s most reliable source of information on climate change and its causes, and we endorse its method of achieving this consensus. Despite increasing consensus on the science underpinning predictions of global climate change, doubts have been expressed recently about the need to mitigate the risks posed by global climate change. We do not consider such doubts justified.”

No one on the IPCC doubts that there are cycles and natural factors. The question is whether the global warming observed since the mid 1970's has a significant human cause. The IPCC says yes with 90% certainty.

CLIMATE CHANGE DENIERS PLEASE CHECK THESE BEFORE POSTING: UK Government's Meteorological Office debunking of climate-change-denial myths http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/corporate/pressoffice/ ...
New Scientist magazine addressing the main skeptic claims http://environment.newscientist.com/channel/earth/ ...

Sir David Attenborough was once a climate skeptic, believing that it can all be explained by natural causes and cycles. He changed his mind, this is why

qiniz

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2008, 08:35:40 AM »
You really are a fucking moron. I was going to sign off from getbig for about 3 weeks and take a break but you suck me back in every time with your political bullshit. Your hero Bush even believes in global warming. I think i speak for everyone when i say we are tired of your political bullshit. You are up there in the ranks of johnny falcon and bluto as the most annoying posters. Take it to the political board. The ice caps are melting and we probably won't see them here in the next 20 years. Someone really needs to hit you in the face because i think the only way to get you to realize what's going on around you is to beat it into you.

Amen to that

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
  • "Silence is argument carried on by other means''
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2008, 08:38:04 AM »
Coach ,you are so lucky you were born in the US.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2008, 08:39:02 AM »
Time for the Deniers and everyone else to learn something from Sir David Attenbourough:

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 08:39:28 AM »
Are those the same scientists that run studies sponsored by exxon and other gas corps?

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008, 08:43:00 AM »

Is he really one of those creationist goof balls?  Does Coach beleive that dinosaurs and humans co-existed?  I thought only red neck hill billies still beleived that non sense.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2008, 08:44:21 AM »
Time for SWEDISH VIKING and everyone else to learn something from Sir David Attenbourough:

Don't know why you singled me out-that movie says exactly what I said.  Scroll up and re-read.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2008, 08:44:52 AM »
Is he really one of those creationist goof balls?  Does Coach beleive that dinosaurs and humans co-existed?  I thought only red neck hill billies still beleived that non sense.
He does and there is little to slight variation if any of him being a redneck hillbilly.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2008, 08:46:49 AM »
He does and there is little to slight variation if any of him being a redneck hillbilly.

TA-have you seen the "museum" that is dedicated to that crap?  It's hysterical.