Author Topic: 2009 Ironman - Silvio Samuel - I was wrong  (Read 5008 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
2009 Ironman - Silvio Samuel - I was wrong
« on: January 27, 2009, 06:21:06 AM »
http://www.getbig.com/headlines/2009/01/26/2009-ironman-winner-silvio-samuel/

Ok, I was wrong in my prediction saying that Moe Elmoussawi was going to beat Silvio here at the 2009 Ironman Pro.  But it was close.  Silvio looked great in the prejudging, but Moe did battle for redemption in the finals, with the 4th and final round decided by one point only going to Silvio. Still, Silvio let it be known to me that how could I not have chosen him going into the contest. After all, in the last two contests before the Ironman, Silvio did beat Moe. My lecture backstage and me begging forgiveness for my ‘wrong’ prediction was just.

So will these two battle again? Yes, they will, for in six weeks, both of these competitors will meet again at the 2009 Arnold Classic. Moe insists that he can only get better, and can  beat Silvio. Of course, at that contest, there are many other top competitors who will vie for the top positions (Victor Martinez, Kai Greene), but for the rumble between these two in the war of words, it will another rematch.

Congratulations to Silvio for being the 2009 Ironman winner, and receiving a very nice check, which Mr. John Balik wrote right on the spot backstage! For complete scorecard results, please go to:

http://www.getbig.com/results/mens/ironman.htm

spinnis

Re: 2009 Ironman - Silvio Samuel - I was wrong
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 06:22:52 AM »
Ron you could crush him if you wanted to.
Seriously.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 06:42:03 AM »
wow 150 000 dollars

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 06:57:16 AM »
i guess that's an improvement. 15K from 10K in 20yrs.  i guess the guys who ran the show are reading the boards. 
Oh...Monica!

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 07:02:01 AM »
15k lol Fuck.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 07:17:11 AM »
15k lol Fuck.

i hear ya.  what's that, like a couple of days work for you?

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 07:43:04 AM »
i guess that's an improvement. 15K from 10K in 20yrs.  i guess the guys who ran the show are reading the boards. 

Yeah, no doubt. Bber these days enjoy an embarrasement of riches....All thanks to the tireless efforts of the honorable "Athletes Rep" Bob Chick and the IFBB as well.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 07:55:12 AM »
15k lol Fuck.
:D

a top athlete in his sport ...my guess is that he spent that much in gh alone for this show hahahaa

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 07:58:16 AM »
prize money is shame..

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 08:25:44 AM »
Ron

Your head is the same size as SS's torso  :D

You got him bro!

MXPeacekeeper

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 08:44:07 AM »
Another troubling view into BBing.

Just as Get Bigs hero, Bob Chick, has lied about his seedy dealing in the Mirage Hotel in '93 and countless other BBers who have to suck cock and fondle hold balls while dressed in leather thongs, there is really no new money in the sport. Even the "Athletes Rep" has been engorged by BBing money, but the Iron Man winnings has only gone up 5k in 20 years! How can this stand? Bob Chick and the other memebers of his cabal who make their money off of the shattered bodies, broken dreams and melted organs, must be called to the carpet and be made to answer for their crimes.

Don Long is still juicking and pumping himself full of drugs even with his dialysis and new kidney, ab Asian BBer is still competing even after a sever heart surgery...the list goes on. Where is Bob Chick telling these idiots that they aren't fit to step on stage? Why isn't he and the IFBB cabal looking after those BBers who make them so much money?

Yet Chick knows this and comes on Get Big to drop these words of wisdom: "They are grown men who make their own decision", nice Chick, way to hide behind tired words and shed any responsibilty you may have been given by becoming "Athletes Rep". But hey, you're getting yours so who the fuck cares if these competitiors drops dead, you already have your money and your masters still pull the strings.

Of course Chick will probably respond with some smart aleck comment that doesn't provide any answers or insight. After which this will be deleted.

Shamless.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 09:14:38 AM »

Just as Get Bigs hero, Bob Chick, has lied about his seedy dealing in the Mirage Hotel in '93 and countless other BBers who have to suck cock and fondle hold balls while dressed in leather thongs, there is really no new money in the sport. Even the "Athletes Rep" has been engorged by BBing money, but the Iron Man winnings has only gone up 5k in 20 years! How can this stand? Bob Chick and the other memebers of his cabal who make their money off of the shattered bodies, broken dreams and melted organs, must be called to the carpet and be made to answer for their crimes.

Don Long is still juicking and pumping himself full of drugs even with his dialysis and new kidney, ab Asian BBer is still competing even after a sever heart surgery...the list goes on. Where is Bob Chick telling these idiots that they aren't fit to step on stage? Why isn't he and the IFBB cabal looking after those BBers who make them so much money?

Yet Chick knows this and comes on Get Big to drop these words of wisdom: "They are grown men who make their own decision", nice Chick, way to hide behind tired words and shed any responsibilty you may have been given by becoming "Athletes Rep". But hey, you're getting yours so who the fuck cares if these competitiors drops dead, you already have your money and your masters still pull the strings.

Of course Chick will probably respond with some smart aleck comment that doesn't provide any answers or insight. After which this will be deleted.

Shamless.

Lets quote this to hell!!
from incomplete data

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 09:15:23 AM »
Lets quote this to hell!!

Qoute of the Week, I say.

spinnis

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 09:16:43 AM »

Shamless.

!!

MXPeacekeeper

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 09:38:28 AM »
!!

A great reaction to the truth!

Most cannot handle it and some even try to justify it!

They are part of the problem!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 10:31:24 AM »
Your head is the same size as SS's torso

Yes, among other part of the body (ok, stop saying my stomach!)

i guess that's an improvement. 15K from 10K in 20yrs.

Prize money equates with people in the audience, and more.  I wish it can be more, but you need the sponsors to ante up more, which isnt easy. Bodybuilders can make a lot of money via supplement, magazine and other sponsorships too, which they do.  It is called a business.

How can this stand? Bob Chick and the other memebers of his cabal who make their money off of the shattered bodies, broken dreams and melted organs, must be called to the carpet and be made to answer for their crimes.

Get off your rocker. You are worse than a priest in heat. Like any sport, bodybuilding is a business, and a good competitor can make money from a myriad of ways, but you seem to think just the worst ways. Very few competitors do that. Stop wishing now.

Don Long is still juicking and pumping himself full of drugs even with his dialysis and new kidney.

It is Don's choice as to what do to. I don't agree with it, but it is his choice. He just got married, seems very happy in what he is doing.   I always tell skydivers that they are really stupid from jumping out of a plane because they may get hurt or die, but that doesnt stop them.

Yet Chick knows this and comes on Get Big to drop these words of wisdom: "They are grown men who make their own decision", nice Chick, way to hide behind tired words and shed any responsibilty you may have been given by becoming "Athletes Rep"

Well, Chick does the job as well as he can. He represents the athletes. Get that into your head. If an athlete wants something, they can call Bob and he will represent them. If they don't, he won't.  He only can do as much as he can.  It is a non-paying job, and very thankless, I no that. Hell, if someone wants to be the athlete's rep, let them. But I haven't seen another comeptitor willing to do that.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 10:34:02 AM »

Prize money equates with people in the audience, and more.  I wish it can be more, but you need the sponsors to ante up more, which isnt easy. Bodybuilders can make a lot of money via supplement, magazine and other sponsorships too, which they do.  It is called a business.

Get off your rocker. You are worse than a priest in heat. Like any sport, bodybuilding is a business, and a good competitor can make money from a myriad of ways, but you seem to think just the worst ways. Very few competitors do that. Stop wishing now.

It is Don's choice as to what do to. I don't agree with it, but it is his choice. He just got married, seems very happy in what he is doing.   I always tell skydivers that they are really stupid from jumping out of a plane because they may get hurt or die, but that doesnt stop them.

Well, Chick does the job as well as he can. He represents the athletes. Get that into your head. If an athlete wants something, they can call Bob and he will represent them. If they don't, he won't.  He only can do as much as he can.  It is a non-paying job, and very thankless, I no that. Hell, if someone wants to be the athlete's rep, let them. But I haven't seen another comeptitor willing to do that.

YEAH RON...NOT COOL!!!

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 10:37:43 AM »
i am pretty sure all the prize money from first to last in every pro show combined for the whole year doesn't add up to what one golfer can win in one weekend.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 10:38:45 AM »
It is Don's choice as to what do to. I don't agree with it, but it is his choice. He just got married, seems very happy in what he is doing.   I always tell skydivers that they are really stupid from jumping out of a plane because they may get hurt or die, but that doesnt stop them.

Fair Enough.

But this is a man who had a new kidney given to him and is on dialysis etc. I could see you saying this if he was just pumping himself full of drugs on his own time with new delsuions of competing. But this is a sick man with a new kidney, why doesn't the IFBB take the responsible route and tell him "Listen, you can pump yourself up as much as you want but you will not step up on our stage in your medical condition" that would be the smartest thing the organization could do. BBing image is pretty loopy, but having a man with a new kidney and was/is very sick, he should not be able to get up on stage. Plus he looks like crap and he looks sick.

If he steps up on stage and passes out or dies etc, that doesn't do a very positive job of promoting BBing.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 10:39:53 AM »
Qoute of the Week, I say.

I'm sorry man, but I must say that's pretty gay given Ron just outed MXPeacekeeper as your gimmick account ;D

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 10:45:31 AM »
I'm sorry man, but I must say that's pretty gay given Ron just outed MXPeacekeeper as your gimmick account ;D

Yeah, ole' Ronaldo put the screws to that now didn't he?

Talking to yourself with gimmicks....how does Alex23 do it and keep track of it all?

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 11:16:22 AM »
yes, congratulations on spending $20000 to win $15000.

::)
b

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 11:22:04 AM »

Shamless.

:o

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009, 11:44:54 AM »

LOL you are part of the problem and proving his point.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 11:45:58 AM »
Congrats to Silvio