Author Topic: 2nd place dwarfing the eventual winner  (Read 49947 times)

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: 2nd place dwarfing the eventual winner
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2006, 05:15:19 AM »
I think Jay has better genetics that Flex.....

and when its all said and done...I think Jays record will be more impressive than Flex's

Jay won an NOC, a pro IronMan, 3 Arnold Classics, and has placed 2nd 4 times at the Olympia......who knows what will happen in 2006!

FLEX WON THE NOC, LIKE 3 IRONMANS, WHAT? 4 ARNOLDS   HE ALSO WON HIS FIRST 4 PRO SHOWS AND GOT 2ND AT THE O... WHAT 4 TIMES?   SO WHATS MAKES JAYS RECORD MORE IMPRESSIVE THAN KENNYS?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2006, 05:36:06 AM »
  good shot, but not among the best in the history of bodybuilding - biceps are invisible.  Arms are central to that pose.

See this is where your lack of ability to accuratly critique a bodybuilding phsyique shows , that back double bicep shot is flawless from head to toe , if you want to knitpick the only thing wrong is the lack of high peaked biceps , but from top to bottom that picture is flawless , amazing size , shape , detail , separation , balance , proportion , and muscle quality .

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2006, 07:57:37 AM »
See this is where your lack of ability to accuratly critique a bodybuilding phsyique shows , that back double bicep shot is flawless from head to toe , if you want to knitpick the only thing wrong is the lack of high peaked biceps , but from top to bottom that picture is flawless , amazing size , shape , detail , separation , balance , proportion , and muscle quality .

Likewise on you assessments of ronnie colemans poses - you only look at the calves chico. Proportion on yates - hardly. Arms too small for his torso and to be honest calves too big for quads or vice versa depending onhow you want to view it. And as for having amazing shape - are we talkin about the same dorian yates here who frankly has the aeshetics of dump truck

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2006, 10:06:20 AM »
Likewise on you assessments of ronnie colemans poses - you only look at the calves chico. Proportion on yates - hardly. Arms too small for his torso and to be honest calves too big for quads or vice versa depending onhow you want to view it. And as for having amazing shape - are we talkin about the same dorian yates here who frankly has the aeshetics of dump truck

No I don't only look at calves , nice try , you're starting to sound like Hulkster , I look at size , shape , proportion , balance , separation , musculairty , and aesthetics , which I never said Yates had !! and Yates calves are to big for his quads? where do you kids come up with this stuff? you're to use to looking at underdeveloped calves to realize thats how calves are supposed to look , I've never seen anyone with calves to big for their quads , thats you grasping at straws , at his prime shape the ONLY weakness Yates had was the lack of highpeaked biceps , and a realitively wide waist .

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2006, 10:36:25 AM »
I've never seen anyone with calves to big for their quads

oh yes you have...
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2006, 10:42:54 AM »

oh yes you have...

Thats just that particular pic , looks normal in this pic.

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2006, 10:46:30 AM »

oh yes you have...

Outstanding stuff!! I'll add a couple of weaknesses to your "list"ND: lack of quad separation, actual muscles of the quadricep missing (i know, i know, but its actuakky true), poor poor arms - please don't riposte with this "but his forearms and triceps are great" nonsense, theyre not, theyre average for an olympian. That photo of him flanked by nasser and shawn speaks volumes - his waist is so bloated that it makes his arms hang even poorer than they normally do

(nothing)

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2006, 11:48:10 AM »
again ND shoots him self in foot. obviously for whatever you do not like shawn ray. you said he was too narrow to compete with DY, but then you said flex was a legitimate threat but then you said in another thread that flex was super narrow. man make up your mind.
shawn ray more width than flex, better midsection, more proportionate, better lats, and no sythnol. but shawn not threat and flex is a threat. makes a lot of sense ::)
fat till furthe

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2006, 11:55:43 AM »
again ND shoots him self in foot. obviously for whatever you do not like shawn ray. you said he was too narrow to compete with DY, but then you said flex was a legitimate threat but then you said in another thread that flex was super narrow. man make up your mind.
shawn ray more width than flex, better midsection, more proportionate, better lats, and no sythnol. but shawn not threat and flex is a threat. makes a lot of sense ::)

Welcome to NDs worlds where his opinion changes like the wind.

(nothing)

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2006, 12:00:32 PM »
see the thing it doesn't change he just back up it up with even more confusion.
fat till furthe

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2006, 12:01:13 PM »

ND has never really made sense.  He just says what ever will discredit Ronnie and give a verbal suck job to Dorian when he didn't deserve it. It doesn't matter if it makes sense or not.  This has been shown time and time again.

Sorry ND- but its time to admit your bias.

Flex could beat Dorian but Shawn could not - even in 1994?

Come on - BOTH Flex and shawn were fairly narrow, but their respective strengths are virtually the same:

-detail
-proportion
-abs, quads, arms,

BUT:

Shawn had real looking calves, had ripped hams, glutes and no oil.

Advantage: shawn.
Flower Boy Ran Away

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2006, 12:14:22 PM »
In NDs defence, one thing that separates ray from wheeler is the height factor. Apart from that, the rest of it is still bullshit

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2006, 12:26:43 PM »
So ...where is that pic of Dorian from ? ???
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2006, 01:27:12 PM »
ND has never really made sense.  He just says what ever will discredit Ronnie and give a verbal suck job to Dorian when he didn't deserve it. It doesn't matter if it makes sense or not.  This has been shown time and time again.

Sorry ND- but its time to admit your bias.

Flex could beat Dorian but Shawn could not - even in 1994?

Come on - BOTH Flex and shawn were fairly narrow, but their respective strengths are virtually the same:

-detail
-proportion
-abs, quads, arms,

BUT:

Shawn had real looking calves, had ripped hams, glutes and no oil.

Advantage: shawn.

Of course I wouldn't make sense to the senseless  ;) and how is pointing out facts trying to discredit Ronnie? the guy has poor muscle balance & proportion , he has poor calves , he used to be a hell of a lot better and now he sucks , thats discredit?

I hate to be the one to tell you this it was NEVER going to happen for Shawn Ray , he was 200lbs the last 200lb or under  Mr Olympia winner was Samir Bannout and he was replaced with a 240lb winner , Shawn Ray didn't have the size or width to beat Haney , or Yates , Flex was bigger had the lines and aesthetics and the amazing muscle roundness to beat Yates and I wished he would have , I tend to lean more towards aesthetic bodybuilders so you figured I would side with Shawn but it wasn't going to happen .

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2006, 02:19:50 PM »
You don't lean towards more aesthetic bodybuilders otherwise you'd favour peak ronnie over dorian anyday but you do all in your power to discredit and criticize the current champ, so much so that its like a broken record.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2006, 02:55:02 PM »
You don't lean towards more aesthetic bodybuilders otherwise you'd favour peak ronnie over dorian anyday but you do all in your power to discredit and criticize the current champ, so much so that its like a broken record.

LMFAO at Ronnie being aesthetic !! that was funny , yes when I think of aesthetic bodybuilders I think of Frank Zane , Bob Paris , Flex Wheeler , Francis Benfatto , Lee Labrada and Ronnie Coleman NOT !! nice try , try again .

(nothing)

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2006, 03:06:40 PM »
Of course I wouldn't make sense to the senseless  ;) and how is pointing out facts trying to discredit Ronnie? the guy has poor muscle balance & proportion , he has poor calves , he used to be a hell of a lot better and now he sucks , thats discredit?

I hate to be the one to tell you this it was NEVER going to happen for Shawn Ray , he was 200lbs the last 200lb or under  Mr Olympia winner was Samir Bannout and he was replaced with a 240lb winner , Shawn Ray didn't have the size or width to beat Haney , or Yates , Flex was bigger had the lines and aesthetics and the amazing muscle roundness to beat Yates and I wished he would have , I tend to lean more towards aesthetic bodybuilders so you figured I would side with Shawn but it wasn't going to happen .

it shoudn't be a size game but even so shawn ray carriered enough muscle on his frame to compete. both flex and shawn were narrow yes, but shawn had developed lats and could actually do a lat spread and when he hits the rear double his lats don't disappear as with flex.
i really hate to say it flex compared amongest the greats of the 90's, i would have very low on the list. i even think ronnie of the 90's was better even at ronnie's beginings.
dorian was great and i am dorian fan, but after i watched the video and all the pictures i think it was clear that shawn was the better man at the 94 O.
fat till furthe

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2006, 09:53:09 PM »

agreed. a peak Ronnie was just as asthetic as bodybuilders who are "known" for aesthetics and proportion, like chris cormeir and Flex Wheeler:

but even when shown the proof such as this, ND STILL can't admit it...

and, note that ronnie at his peak (such as the pic shown above) was VASTLY more aesthetic than Dorian EVEN AT HIS PEAK in 93:

the proof is all here...

ronnie with the small waist and ripped quads was far more aesthetic than Dorian ever was.

But ND will not and refuses to give Ronnie this credit.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2006, 10:40:06 PM »
Bodybuilding is a SUBJECTIVE sport

IT'S NOT A SPORT >:(!!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2006, 05:48:18 AM »
agreed. a peak Ronnie was just as asthetic as bodybuilders who are "known" for aesthetics and proportion, like chris cormeir and Flex Wheeler:

but even when shown the proof such as this, ND STILL can't admit it...

and, note that ronnie at his peak (such as the pic shown above) was VASTLY more aesthetic than Dorian EVEN AT HIS PEAK in 93:

the proof is all here...

ronnie with the small waist and ripped quads was far more aesthetic than Dorian ever was.

But ND will not and refuses to give Ronnie this credit.

See this again shows how little you know , especially about aesthetics , Flex and Chris from an aesthetics standpoint are destroying Ronnie in that pic , you're just to dumb to know it , you think the only prerequiste is a wide back and a small waist? oh and flaring quads , then using your dumb logic Orville Burke is right up there in terms of aesthetics as Steve Reeves and Lee Labrada , Check out the 1991 Mr Olympia , Dorian's waist was small had a wide ass back , was he aesthetic ? hell no , there is a lot more to aesthetics than a small waist & a wide back , Hell most of the greatest aesthetic bodybuilders don't have an extremely wide back , its all got to do with balance & proportion , structure , lack of weaknesses , overall quality , the ability to look great from any angle and any pose , Ronnie Coleman was NEVER considered an aesthetic bodybuilder , he isn't in the same leauge as Bob Paris , or Chris Cormier , so keep spouting your same nonsense and do some homework before you make foolish claims.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2006, 05:50:37 AM »
I am a mini beast

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2006, 09:26:57 AM »
See this again shows how little you know , especially about aesthetics , Flex and Chris from an aesthetics standpoint are destroying Ronnie in that pic , you're just to dumb to know it , you think the only prerequiste is a wide back and a small waist? oh and flaring quads , then using your dumb logic Orville Burke is right up there in terms of aesthetics as Steve Reeves and Lee Labrada , Check out the 1991 Mr Olympia , Dorian's waist was small had a wide ass back , was he aesthetic ? hell no , there is a lot more to aesthetics than a small waist & a wide back , Hell most of the greatest aesthetic bodybuilders don't have an extremely wide back , its all got to do with balance & proportion , structure , lack of weaknesses , overall quality , the ability to look great from any angle and any pose , Ronnie Coleman was NEVER considered an aesthetic bodybuilder , he isn't in the same leauge as Bob Paris , or Chris Cormier , so keep spouting your same nonsense and do some homework before you make foolish claims.

I think you fail to understand one thing - in todays game, infact ever since dorian reared his ugly head there were no more "aesthetic bodybuilders" as you call them, which has in numerous threads before this proven to be nothing more than a synonym for "small" chico.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2006, 09:58:59 AM »
I think you fail to understand one thing - in todays game, infact ever since dorian reared his ugly head there were no more "aesthetic bodybuilders" as you call them, which has in numerous threads before this proven to be nothing more than a synonym for "small" chico.

Melvin Anthony aesthetic and big 5'9" 240lbs , Chris Cormier 5'10" 260 lbs both big both aesthetic , and there are a lot of Pros competing today who have enough size and great aesthetics , they're just not winning contests , and genius just in case you missed it I was rooting for Flex back in 1993 NOT Yates  ;)

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2006, 11:21:46 AM »
You are talkin shit. How can your criteria of aesthetic emcompass steve reeves, paris, labrada and .............. cormier? The physique of cormiers bears absolutly no resemblence to the former 3. Please enlighten us all.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2006, 12:17:01 PM »
You are talkin shit. How can your criteria of aesthetic emcompass steve reeves, paris, labrada and .............. cormier? The physique of cormiers bears absolutly no resemblence to the former 3. Please enlighten us all.

Moron you think Reeves phsyique resembles Labaradas? or Bob Paris?  of course not but they all fall under the aesthetic umbrella , while not a carbon copy of each other all are aesthetic none the less .