Author Topic: no pump?  (Read 877 times)

overcome

• Getbig II
  • Size comes with strength, strength comes from pain
no pump?
« on: May 01, 2007, 08:49:40 AM »
  this morning(well afternoon i work nights)  I did a chest day, i had 5 days off lifting cause i was starting to overtrain.  usually i work out at nights and never have a problem getting pumped, especially when i take a day or more off from any exercise(i do weights every other day cardio and abbs every other day).  I started with incline flys then to flat bench, i got a little pump but nothing much, my buddy and i decided to try for maxes, started with plates, then doubles, then added 25s to that for our last warm up.  i put 315 on and managed two good lifts without rest(didn't fully lock my elbows, and touched my chest without bouncing the bar) i didnt want to go further because i wanted to go higher if i could.  that is the first time i have gotten 315 on bench, i have struggled with breaking 3 plates for two months now.  after that we took off the weight and did 3 sets of 10 with 225.  but with all of this, then thee sets of inclines, then hammer strenght bench, then db flys i got no pump at all.  any explination for this?
   oh and before i went i took no-explode which i havent had in over a month, also usually gives me a little exctra, especially when i havent had it in a while.
you suck at life...

Mike

• Getbig IV
Re: no pump?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 09:57:15 AM »
  this morning(well afternoon i work nights)  I did a chest day, i had 5 days off lifting cause i was starting to overtrain.  usually i work out at nights and never have a problem getting pumped, especially when i take a day or more off from any exercise(i do weights every other day cardio and abbs every other day).  I started with incline flys then to flat bench, i got a little pump but nothing much, my buddy and i decided to try for maxes, started with plates, then doubles, then added 25s to that for our last warm up.  i put 315 on and managed two good lifts without rest(didn't fully lock my elbows, and touched my chest without bouncing the bar) i didnt want to go further because i wanted to go higher if i could.  that is the first time i have gotten 315 on bench, i have struggled with breaking 3 plates for two months now.  after that we took off the weight and did 3 sets of 10 with 225.  but with all of this, then thee sets of inclines, then hammer strenght bench, then db flys i got no pump at all.  any explination for this?
   oh and before i went i took no-explode which i havent had in over a month, also usually gives me a little exctra, especially when i havent had it in a while.

You just had a personal record (315 on the bench) but without a "pump" and you're concerned?  Focus on what matters man, it's the weight you move and how you do it, not the pump you get.  You had a good day and I bet you'll feel it tomorrow.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 10:10:25 AM »
The pump is not the best indicator of having a good workout,but I personally beleive it is more important than most people say it is.

Eat more carbs the day of and a couple of days before training,should help a bit anyway.

Congrats on the new PR!!

overcome

• Getbig II
  • Size comes with strength, strength comes from pain
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 08:31:49 PM »
thanks i was really happy about it, and its not tomorrow yet and i definatly feel it.  I cant wait to see how i'm feeling tomorrow,  i had a ton of carbs preworkout, but thinking back i'm not sure how much i had the days before that.
you suck at life...

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 02:36:50 PM »
The pump is not the best indicator of having a good workout,but I personally beleive it is more important than most people say it is.

Eat more carbs the day of and a couple of days before training,should help a bit anyway.

Congrats on the new PR!!

The pump is very important & having enough carbs throughout the day is also important.
#