Author Topic: single exercise high volume workouts  (Read 870 times)

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
single exercise high volume workouts
« on: July 16, 2008, 07:11:55 AM »
Last week i changed protocol completely and opted to follow a single exercise high volume approach. Ive actually been varying routines from week to week for last month going from one extreme to another from week to week, eg high reps (25) to HIT the next week just before i launch back into my standard training split.

Anyway i did three workouts based around a single exercise as follows:

day 1: squats - 20 sets of 5
day 2: militarys - 20 sets of 5
day 3 - pullover and press - 20 sets of 5

Pump was good, workout can be a little boring but its very gratifying to get to teh end of the 20 sets on a weight id normally handle for 3 sets of say 8-10 reps

Someways i wish all my workouts were like this - simple. No need to worry about hitting the muscle "from diffrent angles".

Has anyone else followed a similar protocol?

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: single exercise high volume workouts
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 10:01:28 AM »
Of course there is GVT, which is 10X10's. Adds up to 100 reps a workout.And using the same weight all sets.  Sculpture doing 20X5's which also adds up to 100 reps. Anyway it's not some much the sets anyone does in a given workout but rather the reps and tonaged used. Sets just divide up the total reps done for that workout.

Wonder how much rest between sets for Sculpture and if the weight is adjusted during the workout? Glad his exercise choice is so well planned out. And indeed, K.I.S.S. should be the backbone of any workout. Some places have that motto on the wall.

Let's us all know how you make out with the 20X5, interesting stuff. Good Luck.

F

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: single exercise high volume workouts
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 10:53:50 AM »
2 mins rest.

Thought i'd stray from the typical big 3 and mix it up. Pullover and press would be far more effective in hitting te upper body than bench alone.