Author Topic: TA on wikipedia... should we allow it?  (Read 24355 times)

bb doc

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: TA on wikipedia... should we allow it?
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2007, 11:19:41 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/01/magazine/01WIKIPEDIA-t.html?_r=1&ref=magazine&oref=slogin

NYTIMES on Wikipedia.

Emphasis is on Wikipedia's core principle of Journalistic Neutrality.

I dont understand Wikidudeman's statement that there are no public domain bb images.

Try Google Images, Wikidudeman.

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2007, 02:38:46 PM »
Let me explain something about copyright. 99% of the images on google are copyrighted. In the united states( and most other countries) if someone takes a picture then they own the copyright to it. They don't need to register it or anything, the second they create the image they own the copyright to it. If you google a random image then there's a 99% chance it is copyrighted. Unless there is a published note under the image saying it's released into public domain or is released under creative commons, it can't be used for wikipedia. Wikipedia prohibits copyrighted images and if I were to upload an image which is copyrighted then it would be quickly deleted by a hoards of obsessed copyright watchers who delete anything that is copyrighted. Good or bad, That's how it is and it can't be changed.

This is why I always request people post images that they took themselves and release the rights underneath those images so that they can be used on wikipedia.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2007, 02:46:15 PM »
I have nothing for him. But I have never ever admited TA as a BBer.
Simple reason. He cant hit seven mandatory pose correctly and too many weak points make him non-bber.Especialy his skinny legs are really really far from it.
Its not matter of size. Just he dont look like bber.

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2007, 02:51:24 PM »
I have nothing for him. But I have never ever admited TA as a BBer.
Simple reason. He cant hit seven mandatory pose correctly and too many weak points make him non-bber.Especialy his skinny legs are really really far from it.
Its not matter of size. Just he dont look like bber.

Are you a bodybuilder?

dodster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2007, 02:58:06 PM »
adonis aint a bb, he doesnt want to be either, so it should be removed.

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2007, 06:40:05 PM »
People have posted more appropriate pics

Who? Where?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2007, 07:42:08 PM »
Let me explain something about copyright. 99% of the images on google are copyrighted. In the united states( and most other countries) if someone takes a picture then they own the copyright to it. They don't need to register it or anything, the second they create the image they own the copyright to it. If you google a random image then there's a 99% chance it is copyrighted. Unless there is a published note under the image saying it's released into public domain or is released under creative commons, it can't be used for wikipedia. Wikipedia prohibits copyrighted images and if I were to upload an image which is copyrighted then it would be quickly deleted by a hoards of obsessed copyright watchers who delete anything that is copyrighted. Good or bad, That's how it is and it can't be changed.

This is why I always request people post images that they took themselves and release the rights underneath those images so that they can be used on wikipedia.

You're full of shit.  You have to be Apenis.  Are you that ignorant and stupid.  Have you admitted you are at least a friend of Apenis.  Cause if you haven't how did you get his pictures to put up there.  And your copyright things is off.  The internet is considered publoic domain since it is so hard to police.  That is why they have watermark and  copyright programs so the photos can be protected as much as possible.  I think you meant to say that 99% of the photos ARE NOT copyrighted.  Way more than half the photos on the internet are posted by individuals who just like to post shit on the internet.  They take a picture and put it up.  That does not mean it's copyrighted.  if that was the case then why is there any laws.  If everything is automatically copyrighted like you say then why are there laws and attorneys to copyright.

By the way are you catcher or the picture in the relationship with Apenis.

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2007, 10:09:10 PM »
any other competitor's pics from mr. getbig, for starters

They've released them into public domain? Have a link?

You're full of shit.  You have to be Apenis.  Are you that ignorant and stupid.  Have you admitted you are at least a friend of Apenis.  Cause if you haven't how did you get his pictures to put up there.

He let me use them.

And your copyright things is off.  The internet is considered publoic domain since it is so hard to police.  That is why they have watermark and  copyright programs so the photos can be protected as much as possible.

This is incorrect. Copyrights are defined by and protected under title 17 of the U.S. Code and all original works of the author of literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works are protected, this includes photographs taken.

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/circ92.pdf

See:
http://www.copyright.gov/
http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/

Watermarks are only used when an image is distinctly copyrighted by the owner, meaning the owner states it's copyright where it is published and he doesn't want to hurt the quality of the image by posting a visible watermark of copyright on it so he adds an invisible one which he can use as evidence if the image is used and he does not receive royalties.

I think you meant to say that 99% of the photos ARE NOT copyrighted.  Way more than half the photos on the internet are posted by individuals who just like to post shit on the internet.  They take a picture and put it up.  That does not mean it's copyrighted.  if that was the case then why is there any laws.  If everything is automatically copyrighted like you say then why are there laws and attorneys to copyright.

Incorrect. Anyone who takes an image is automatically the owner of it's copyright.

When is my work protected?
Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.
http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-general.html#mywork

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2007, 10:37:29 PM »
They've released them into public domain? Have a link?

He let me use them.

This is incorrect. Copyrights are defined by and protected under title 17 of the U.S. Code and all original works of the author of literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works are protected, this includes photographs taken.

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/circ92.pdf

See:
http://www.copyright.gov/
http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/

Watermarks are only used when an image is distinctly copyrighted by the owner, meaning the owner states it's copyright where it is published and he doesn't want to hurt the quality of the image by posting a visible watermark of copyright on it so he adds an invisible one which he can use as evidence if the image is used and he does not receive royalties.

Incorrect. Anyone who takes an image is automatically the owner of it's copyright.
http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-general.html#mywork

Coyrights are meant to protect professional photographers so they can make a living, not every Tom, Dick and Harry who snaps something with a cell phone and tosses it on the web, especially when you're talking about non-commercial educational use.

You Wiki douches are way too anal about that shit.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2007, 10:58:41 PM »

Coyrights are meant to protect professional photographers so they can make a living, not every Tom, Dick and Harry who snaps something with a cell phone and tosses it on the web, especially when you're talking about non-commercial educational use.

You Wiki douches are way too anal about that shit.

Copyrights are used to protect the intellectual works of anyone who creates the works I don't own Wikipedia, I don't make the rules there. Wikipedia only uses copyright free images or fair-use images for it's articles, everything else is deleted. I won't debate whether or not it should be that way, but that's the way it is, there's nothing that can be done about it. That being said, Inorder to replace the images of TrueAdonis I will need alternative better quality public domain images. Once someone provides me with them then I will replace his images with them, if they are better quality and more suitable for an encyclopedia. I have said that numerous times and no one has even offered to provide any images let alone posted any. I ignore all objections to his image being there from people who don't bother to provide any images themselves or go through the proper channels to even get them removed.

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2007, 11:20:35 PM »
That's funny cuz all the other pictures up there are copyrighted. Do you have written permission to display them? Thought not.

This is a meaningless discussion because wikidudeman is TA, and when has anyone gotten TA to shut up? Never. Own him up and down, prove him wrong a hundred times and ways, and he'll come back -- sort of like genital herpies.

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2007, 12:42:01 AM »
That's funny cuz all the other pictures up there are copyrighted. Do you have written permission to display them?

Yes. Every picture up there, it's rights have been released into public domain. Some of them are from Layne Norton who I got to release the rights, Others their copyrights have expired because the authors have been dead for over 70 years, The rest were taken by Wikipedia users who released them into public domain.

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2007, 12:47:48 AM »
Yes. Every picture up there, it's rights have been released into public domain. Some of them are from Layne Norton who I got to release the rights, Others their copyrights have expired because the authors have been dead for over 70 years, The rest were taken by Wikipedia users who released them into public domain.

oh, of course. Who am I to doubt your word?

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2007, 01:07:50 AM »
I never said they did; thats not what you asked for.  You asked who had posted more appropriate images (i.e. a picture of something with atleast 1 striation on their entire body) and I told you who and where.

By "appropriate" I mean appropriate for Wikipedia. If the image is copyrighted then it's not appropriate for Wikipedia.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2007, 06:29:28 AM »
then wikidude if you are not TA then post a picture of you to prove it...

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2007, 06:33:24 AM »
By "appropriate" I mean appropriate for Wikipedia. If the image is copyrighted then it's not appropriate for Wikipedia.

ok being a bodybuilder myself, if i give you a picture of myself.. being that im bigger, leaner, more aesthetic and balanced than TA... you will replace his picture with mine?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2007, 06:31:00 PM »
ok being a bodybuilder myself, if i give you a picture of myself.. being that im bigger, leaner, more aesthetic and balanced than TA... you will replace his picture with mine?
that's his claims, tp4u, post your pic with a release to public domain shit he wants, then get TA's scrawny ass off the striation page.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2007, 08:10:22 PM »
Ok Wikidude...since you're playing semantics, let's really talk semantics. 

Answer these questions:

1. How is TA's picture a depiction of a bodybuilder?  What is the criteria of that picture that makes it suitable as description of a bodybuilder?  Couldn't it also be a picture of a swimmer or a jogger or a male model (being serious)?  What in that picture qualifies it to be a description of a bodybuilder?

Bodybuilding is a hobby AND a profession.  Meaning that men and women compete and get paid to be bodybuilders.  Now is a professional or amateur a more accurate depiction of bodybuilder? 

Lets look into that a little further...Consensus reality Wikidude, thats how humans function.  By that I mean that if we look up a description of a red ball on Wikipedia we should see a picture of a red ball.   Now some people are colorblind but they are in the minority.  If enough people look at the red ball and conclude that it fits their definition of a red ball the picture stays...if it looks blue to the majority of people it would be changed.  Correct?  Remember that Wikidude, because Wikipedia.org, being "open source", is the very definition of consensus reality. 

Now being a policeman is a profession AND a hobby.  People are paid to be policemen but citizens are also capable, legally, of being able to stop, investigate, detain and arrest other citizens, they are allowed to shoot and kill in self-defense.  This is a right and though not widely practiced it exists in law.   

NOW, if people look up Policeman on Wikipedia would they expect to see a picture of a professional policeman or the guy in the policeman's outfit from the Village people?  Funny right, but what if that guy had made several dozen citizens arrests.  He would legally fit the definition of a policeman according to you, right?  But we aren't going to find his pic are we?  No, because the majority of the population has a preconceived idea of what a policeman is.  And it's not him.

Here is where we come full circle Wikidude. 
You have to present verifiable proof.  Employed as, taxed as, paid as, legally recognized as............get what I'm saying?

TA does not fit the generally conceived idea of a bodybuilder.  He does not have a verifiable past to indicate that he is a bodybuilder.  All he has done is presented you with a picture of himself.  He has won NO sanctioned bbing competitions nor has he been paid (making him a professional) to participate in a sanctioned bbing production.  There are no videos or witness statements of him engaging in the act of bodybuilding (whatever that is).  He has no credibility to describe himself as a bodybuilder nor proof to back it up.  And his physique does not speak for itself.  He could have arrived at his level of muscularity and bodyfat by playing tennis, or swimming or rock-climbing.  His picture, without reasonable reference, is simply an artistic statement without merit.

This, of course, is the problem with trying to define anything...so thats why we have governing bodies that sanction events.  We the people grant the government the ability to allow us to legally create corporation for a specific purpose, like the NFL, that allow for a uniform code to be established as to what makes a professional football player.  It adds credibility and legality to the sport, event, competition or pagent. 

We, the people, all agree and it becomes binding.  While I like to play tag football on the weekends, sadly it DOES NOT make me a football player.

We all agree in bodybuilding as well.  Now...how would one gain credibility as a bodybuilder?  He/she would have participated in a LEGALLY SANCTIONED event.  This is how IRS would characterize it for taxing purposes if you put down "Bodybuilder" as your occupation.  You would have to PROVE it...and that is how you would, by citing an affiliation to a legal corporation that engages in bodybuilding.  There are specific organizations that we legally allow to produce and "define" what it means to be a bodybuilder for us.  That's how life works Wikidude and thats where a "bodybuilding" picture should come from.

Now, who is the most famous BB'er in the world..the general consensus...of course its Arnold.  Are his pictures acceptable, of course, are they copyright free?  Unknown, you would have to do the research...that is your job, right?  Cant find any?  But what about Eugene Sandow?  He is widely recognized as the father of modern bodybuilding and I know his pictures fall within the "fair-use" category as he lived last century and so did his photographers.  Wouldn't his picture, by normal logic, be the more appropriate?

So let's clear the BS and answer the question Wikidude:

1. How is TA's picture a depiction of a bodybuilder? 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2007, 08:46:34 PM »
Wikiman has no sense of humour. We are denied the privilege of having bodybuilding rewritten by Vince G CSN MFT! That is an oversight of immense proportions.

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2007, 11:27:29 PM »
I took down his image on the "Striations" page and replaced it with another one.

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #146 on: July 04, 2007, 08:15:09 AM »
Wikiman has no sense of humour. We are denied the privilege of having bodybuilding rewritten by Vince G CSN MFT! That is an oversight of immense proportions.

Yet another reason to believe he really is T.A, but anyway: his knowledge about the sport seem to be so narrow, that it is hard to understand why someone who hasn't any interest for the sport, want to put up wiki- article about it.

We should ask if whateva want to give his pictures to use for wikipedia, he is quite good real life amateur bodybuilder and he has gain some respect by beating this T.A fag*gots little nazi ass. 

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: July 04, 2007, 09:04:37 AM »
I took down his image on the "Striations" page and replaced it with another one.

you made a claim.  now answer the question i asked you on the previous page, thanx

Wikidudeman

• Getbig II
  • Nu mă, Nu mă iei!
« Reply #148 on: July 04, 2007, 07:39:16 PM »

Yes. When you upload your image, Be sure to paste this with it:

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify the images I just posted all of which I took myself under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2007, 08:26:04 PM »

Yes. When you upload your image, Be sure to paste this with it:

You didn't get many dates in high school did you?