Author Topic: If you had 200K to invest  (Read 7597 times)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
Re: If you had 200K to invest
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 11:31:59 AM »
Ask tbombz - he knows everything

if i wanted to start a nationwide multibillion dollar business on man to man ass fingering salons, i'd ask him.

but on a business that would make money and keep one out of their mom's basement, i'll consult others.
Deep Tissue Massage

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 11:35:20 AM »
if i wanted to start a nationwide multibillion dollar business on man to man ass fingering salons, i'd ask him.

but on a business that would make money and keep one out of their mom's basement, i'll consult others.

ROFL!

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 11:43:02 AM »
First off....go and find a mentor(s) who has “been there and done that.” They will know how to spot opportunity, raise capital and make the correct professional relationships.

But hey....what the hell do I know about that whole venture capital thing? I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 11:49:04 AM »
Kfc in Africa

lol

vvvv And wide-neck T-Michael sweatshirts!

Abacab

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 11:54:33 AM »
Open a Max Muscle store. Fanny packs, Oakley shades, and tank tops FTW.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 11:56:56 AM »
Id give it all to a solid financial investor like mahg.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2011, 11:59:05 AM »
I'd buy 3 minutes with Bethany Carter Howlett.

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2011, 12:01:16 PM »
I'd buy 3 minutes with Bethany Carter Howlett.

Make sure to only pay after the services are rendered....

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2011, 12:05:42 PM »
First off....go and find a mentor(s) who has “been there and done that.” They will know how to spot opportunity, raise capital and make the correct professional relationships.

But hey....what the hell do I know about that whole venture capital thing? I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Dude, please.  Like I have time to do all that with this kind of a pathetic shoulder to waist ratio?  I need to hit the gym, brother!
Deep Tissue Massage

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2011, 12:07:28 PM »
Two words......

Hookers and cocaine... Resistant to the effect of the economic cycle since 1899.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 12:07:35 PM »
a 7/11 , couple laundromats and a car wash.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2011, 12:14:47 PM »
Dude, please.  Like I have time to do all that with this kind of a pathetic shoulder to waist ratio?  I need to hit the gym, brother!

Then you may want to reconsider franchising, because that investment is normally not passive. In addition to your capital, you will be investing a lot of your time and talent as well. So, you need to achieve a good return on both investments. Since you're making two investments, the ROI in franchising must be considerably higher than what you would earn in a passive vehicle.

Then you'll have time to build epic side delts and travel to Minooka for tramps.

;D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2011, 12:16:43 PM »
Frankly, 200K will probably get you a small-scale subway franchise, but there is no preordained viability to owning one of those. Their annual reports are all over the place.

I have one Franchise in mind that has had solid profits for well over 50 years.  PM me for more information.

"1"

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2011, 12:18:34 PM »
Then you may want to reconsider franchising, because that investment is normally not passive. In addition to your capital, you will be investing a lot of your time and talent as well. So, you need to achieve a good return on both investments. Since you're making two investments, the ROI in franchising must be considerably higher than what you would earn in a passive vehicle.

Then you'll have time to build epic side delts and travel to Minooka for tramps.

;D

I actually went to college with a guy from minooka.

That's what I'm thinking.  If i have say 200k in stocks that return, say 4.5% a year (passively obviously), is it even worth liquidating them for an active return of even 50% a year if i have to quit my day job and commit to this "franchise" 24/7?
Deep Tissue Massage

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2011, 12:19:55 PM »

That's what I'm thinking.  If i have say 200k in stocks that return, say 4.5% a year (passively obviously), is it even worth liquidating them for an active return of even 50% a year if i have to quit my day job and commit to this "franchise" 24/7?

Don't forget to add Opportunity cost in the equation..

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2011, 12:21:55 PM »
Don't forget to add Opportunity cost in the equation..

well, that's what i meant by quitting the day job part.  sorry, i didn't know i had to use econ 101 terms for you studs.

Deep Tissue Massage

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2011, 12:25:51 PM »
You should buy a $200k car. I heard they appreciate well.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2011, 12:27:16 PM »
You should buy a $200k car. I heard they appreciate well.

I'm not an IFBB Pro.
Deep Tissue Massage

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2011, 12:27:57 PM »
I'm not an IFBB Pro.

How dare you insult <insert name here>!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2011, 12:28:26 PM »
honestly, as much as I'd hate to say it either a Mickey D's (the closest one take 15 minutes to drive to). The area I live in could be a gold mine, nearby towns don't have one unless they drive 25 minutes.

$200K  wouldn't even get near a McDs in the worst hood.
They are however, VERY profitable even in the worst hood.
:

225for70

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 12:29:11 PM »
well, that's what i meant by quitting the day job part.  sorry, i didn't know i had to use econ 101 terms for you studs.

Buy silver emini futures....keep leverage at 22.5% and you should be golden...

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2011, 12:31:17 PM »
Buy silver emini futures....keep leverage at 22.5% and you should be golden...

What about JaguarEnterprises/24KT? She's always got excellent, impartial investment ideas, no?

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2011, 12:33:12 PM »

Never invest in a franchise unless you STRONGLY believe (based on unbiased, accurate, due diligence) that the average annual income return from the business will be equal to at least 40 to 50%, per year, of the total initial investment for the franchise. Total investment = includes all debt and working-capital reserves needed to start the business.

If the return isn't at least this high, what are you working for? You'd be better off to keep your job and invest your capital passively.

If your Financial Advisor only made 4.5% return for you last year (especially with the run on precious metals), you need to switch to someone else.  

P.S. - the tramps actually live in Manteno and Momence.

Alex23

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2011, 12:34:37 PM »
Stocks, still time.  

MXL, TDC, INFA, TSLA, EMC.

Made 24.67% return last year....  add the getbig factor to it, I would've made 3444.55% return.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011, 12:39:33 PM »
Never invest in a franchise unless you STRONGLY believe (based on unbiased, accurate, due diligence) that the average annual income return from the business will be equal to at least 40 to 50%, per year, of the total initial investment for the franchise. Total investment = includes all debt and working-capital reserves needed to start the business.

If the return isn't at least this high, what are you working for? You'd be better off to keep your job and invest your capital passively.

If your Financial Advisor only made 4.5% return for you last year (especially with the run on precious metals), you need to switch to someone else.  

P.S. - the tramps actually live in Manteno and Momence.

Well, i'm my own "financial advisor".  I didn't count the run up in stocks, which gave me about 50% in unrealized returns, but i never count those as "real" because i didn't sell anything.  I'm 29, so i don't quite need to dip into equities just yet as means for an income.

i fuck around with s&p e-minis and a couple index funds, that keeps my risk appetite plenty satisified these days, especially the last couple weeks.

maybe i'll just stick to my current work; maybe it'll give me the size of one of your neighbors houses.  i remember when i was in high school i went to that amc by you, and there were these two girls that lived up the street from the theater.  no need to mention which house, but when i was outside, i said to her, "nice pond" in her backyard, and she said "that's our pool".

that's the kind of confusion i'd like to create for my houseguest one day. ;D

Deep Tissue Massage