Author Topic: If you had 200K to invest  (Read 7556 times)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
If you had 200K to invest
« on: March 14, 2011, 10:22:43 AM »
to buy an existing franchise, which one would it be?
Deep Tissue Massage

Billy Guns

Re: If you had 200K to invest
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 10:25:39 AM »
a donut shop!!! you get 24/7 police protection free of charge and throw in free wifi and call it a cyber cafe and you just watch the money roll in

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 10:28:27 AM »
a donut shop!!! you get 24/7 police protection free of charge and throw in free wifi and call it a cyber cafe and you just watch the money roll in

i see you put some serious thought into this, "Silly Buns".

but around here, there's a dunkin donuts every 1/4 mile, as i'm guessing it's like that nationwide.
Deep Tissue Massage

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 10:32:53 AM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 10:33:23 AM »
Kfc in Africa
That's racist, bro!   >:(

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 10:35:17 AM »

but around here, there's a dunkin donuts every 1/4 mile, as i'm guessing it's like that nationwide.

Dunkins are franchises, no? Prob need more than 200k though to invest.

Billy Guns

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 10:36:08 AM »

Its really not a bad idea....the advertising is done already the whole world knows that name and the key would be to open up closest to a business district so you get the morning rush hour crew and the caffine freaks at lunch

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 10:36:38 AM »
Dunkins are franchises, no? Prob need more than 200k though to invest.

i'm just ballparking a figure.
Deep Tissue Massage

Billy Guns

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 10:39:53 AM »
the key is to layout the least and have the least overhead!!! A beer and cigarette shop is another great one.....the world is supported by booze and cigarettes!!!

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 10:40:22 AM »
With 200K ...you have a LOT of options if we're talking solely of investing in a franchise.

I'd buy a few Subways ...they are low cost to start up and the overhead is very low.
McDonalds in the right area can be very profitable
Building a Walgreens is very profitable as well. They sign 50 year leases on every store. So for 50 years you have a guaranteed income. EVEN IF THEY CLOSE DOWN

In Illinois there was only 1 walgreens that ever closed down it was on 159th & LaGrange Rd. I think it was only open for a year. Well, when they closed down they were forced to pay 49 years worth of rent to the guy who owned the land. Fucker made out like like a bandit.

Personally, I would buy $200,000 worth (below wholesale) of #1,2, & 3 best selling Philips health and beauty items like Sonicare toothbrushes and sell them. That shit is like gold. You could easily turn that $200,000 into $150,000 profit in one year with a little leg work and basic marketing.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 10:47:49 AM »
Kfc in Africa

c4 and detonators in the mid-east.

dont worry.  i dont like africans either.

newmom

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 10:51:50 AM »
honestly, as much as I'd hate to say it either a Mickey D's (the closest one take 15 minutes to drive to). The area I live in could be a gold mine, nearby towns don't have one unless they drive 25 minutes.

For those on the west coast will know what I mean but they arn't franchises but a small taco place like Robertos or something. Fucking place would make me a rich bitch.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 10:58:23 AM »
easy-to-throw stones in Iran.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 11:07:22 AM »
With 200K ...you have a LOT of options if we're talking solely of investing in a franchise.

I'd buy a few Subways ...they are low cost to start up and the overhead is very low.
McDonalds in the right area can be very profitable
Building a Walgreens is very profitable as well. They sign 50 year leases on every store. So for 50 years you have a guaranteed income. EVEN IF THEY CLOSE DOWN

In Illinois there was only 1 walgreens that ever closed down it was on 159th & LaGrange Rd. I think it was only open for a year. Well, when they closed down they were forced to pay 49 years worth of rent to the guy who owned the land. Fucker made out like like a bandit.

Personally, I would buy $200,000 worth (below wholesale) of #1,2, & 3 best selling Philips health and beauty items like Sonicare toothbrushes and sell them. That shit is like gold. You could easily turn that $200,000 into $150,000 profit in one year with a little leg work and basic marketing.

a friend of the family wanted to buy one a few years ago.  he said the "minimum" investment of 250k at the time basically doubled in about 5 minutes of speaking to the franchisee.  the money's "guaranteed" because it's probably the most famous franchise there is, but you gotta worry about the "employees" and since a lot of them are 24 hours, you're basically tied to the job all day every day.

a somewhat infamous guy now, due to his Obama ties / crime ties, Tony Rezko , had something like 50 pizza huts and other franchises around here.  Had a great house in the prime part of town, but i think it turned out the house was bought with shady funds, so not sure how much he actually made from the franchises.
Deep Tissue Massage

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 11:08:46 AM »
I'd start a text message service that relays to subscribers the latest bodybuilding news.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 11:09:44 AM »
I'd start a text message service that relays to subscribers the latest bodybuilding news.

Dude, i'm not the Fed, I don't have trillions on hand to invest.  Do you even know what the start up costs for that are?
Deep Tissue Massage

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 11:12:20 AM »
Hindsight, bro. Hindsight. That'd be like getting in on the ground floor of the Edsel. Once in a lifetime.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 11:17:32 AM »
Hindsight, bro. Hindsight. That'd be like getting in on the ground floor of the Edsel. Once in a lifetime.

I see what you did there.
Deep Tissue Massage

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 11:18:54 AM »
easy-to-throw stones in Iran.

Try Saoudi Arabia instead. The media loves to talk about Iran but there's barely one stoning per year there. Saoudi Arabia being such a good old frien, nobody likes to talk about what goes on there.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 11:20:39 AM »

something to do with coffee.

everyone is drinking it now. and its getting more and more popular to the point of being trendy. even non- coffee drinkers are getting turned onto coffee due to different blends and beans being made available.

something not as expensive as starbucks.
b

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 11:20:57 AM »
a friend of the family wanted to buy one a few years ago.  he said the "minimum" investment of 250k at the time basically doubled in about 5 minutes of speaking to the franchisee.  the money's "guaranteed" because it's probably the most famous franchise there is, but you gotta worry about the "employees" and since a lot of them are 24 hours, you're basically tied to the job all day every day.

a somewhat infamous guy now, due to his Obama ties / crime ties, Tony Rezko , had something like 50 pizza huts and other franchises around here.  Had a great house in the prime part of town, but i think it turned out the house was bought with shady funds, so not sure how much he actually made from the franchises.

Yeah Rezko is a piece of garbage. His money came from shady deals ...the pizza hut crap was just a front to make his income look legit.

You're talking about walgreens ? You don't have anything to do with the day to day operations of the store. You just own the land they build on. You end up being the landlord and they build the store on your property.
Yeah the start up is a lot of cash but they sign a 50 year lease and you end up seeing a return after like 10 years ??? Anyways, for the long term investor it's a great deal.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 11:24:36 AM »
something to do with coffee.

everyone is drinking it now. and its getting more and more popular to the point of being trendy. even non- coffee drinkers are getting turned onto coffee due to different blends and beans being made available.

something not as expensive as starbucks.

News flash: Coffee has been trendy and is/was very popular for the last 10 fucking years.
You want to get into the coffee business when Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts has pretty much a monopoly on that shit ? hahahaha yeah that's the next million dollar idea...but you're about 15 years too late.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2011, 11:26:37 AM »
News flash: Coffee has been trendy and is/was very popular for the last 10 fucking years.
You want to get into the coffee business when Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts has pretty much a monopoly on that shit ? hahahaha yeah that's the next million dollar idea...but you're about 15 years too late.

wrong, stupid. it was big due to the demographic who have always drank coffee- now its getting bigger every year cause non coffee drinkers are drinking it now. fuck you're dumb. think before you post. save yourself some embarrassment next time.
b

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 11:27:27 AM »
Yeah Rezko is a piece of garbage. His money came from shady deals ...the pizza hut crap was just a front to make his income look legit.

You're talking about walgreens ? You don't have anything to do with the day to day operations of the store. You just own the land they build on. You end up being the landlord and they build the store on your property.
Yeah the start up is a lot of cash but they sign a 50 year lease and you end up seeing a return after like 10 years ??? Anyways, for the long term investor it's a great deal.

I'm assuming you'd need walgreens to give you a commitment that they'll build out, and then buy the land.  the only "in" i have with walgreens is that my wife worked at a pharmacy for them for a few years.
Deep Tissue Massage

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 11:27:45 AM »
I see what you did there.

Ask tbombz - he knows everything