Author Topic: Sad news for our own Doug_Steele  (Read 4128 times)

newmom

Sad news for our own Doug_Steele
« on: November 16, 2011, 03:01:34 PM »
His grandpa just passed. Please only kind and non rant (uberman) posts please.

Very sorry doug. May he RIP

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Sad news for our own Doug_Steele
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 03:02:37 PM »
My condolences , and rest in peace gramps!

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 03:06:22 PM »
Sorry for your loss  Doug , 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 03:06:58 PM »
damn doug this really sucks. ive lost a good friend this year and think of him atleast a few times a week. Just remember them good times yall had bro its all you can do, keep your chin up bro
A

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 03:09:24 PM »
Very sorry for your loss Doug...........my most sincere condolences.

My best friend also passed away this past August........still can`t wrap my head around it.

Stay strong!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 03:10:24 PM »
DS, condolences---and may you remember the things that he taught you.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 03:11:36 PM »
So sorry for your loss Doug.  RIP

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 03:11:39 PM »
my gramps from my mothers side passed away in Aug , lived a happy 91 years, last thing he told me a 2 days before he passed was he was ready to go, he was tired but enjoyed his life.

:)

newmom

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 03:13:08 PM »
my gramps from my mothers side passed away in Aug , lived a happy 91 years, last thing he told me a 2 days before he passed was he was ready to go, he was tired but enjoyed his life.

91, god bless. He went peacefully I assume. Great full life, may he be chasing the 60 year old ladies in heaven

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 03:13:45 PM »
Thank you all.  

Do not take life lightly, at all. I was arguing about Football with him on Saturday and he passed away early morning.  :-\

Please enjoy life and try and enjoy the people you are surrounded by.  :)

Be with friends, family, good people and keep smiling.  :)

Thanks.  :)
D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 03:13:56 PM »
My condolences, Doug!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 03:14:50 PM »
Thank you all.  

Do not take life lightly, at all. I was arguing about Football with him on Saturday and he passed away early morning.  :-\

Please enjoy life and try and enjoy the people you are surrounded by.  :)

Be with friends, family, good people and keep smiling.  :)

Thanks.  :)

Sorry to hear about that Doug. Prayers

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 03:17:07 PM »
Sorry buddy! prayers sent.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 03:18:17 PM »

wow thats interesting how he forcasted his departure, but i am sorry for your loss bro
A

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 03:18:50 PM »
r.I.P.

my grandparents raised me, when they die i would be a fucking wreck :(

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 03:18:58 PM »
Very sorry for your loss Doug...........my most sincere condolences.

My best friend also passed away this past August........still can`t wrap my head around it.

Stay strong!

sorry to hear that brother wes  :'(
A

MikMaq

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 03:21:26 PM »
Buried my estrange grandfather on my birthday, my grandmother who helped raise me will be dead very soon, and my step grandfather is having some serious heart problems. Grandparents dying is real sad, but if there over 75 it shouldnt be a big surprise, they've had their chance, and lived full lives.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 03:25:49 PM »
wow thats interesting how he forcasted his departure, but i am sorry for your loss bro

thank johnny, hard part was my dad was not aware my uncles wanted him as a pallbearers and he couldnt be found at the start of mass, so they asked me to fill in, man caring your loved one to their final resting place can be emotional, wasnt a getbigger that day 

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 03:31:57 PM »
Buried my estrange grandfather on my birthday, my grandmother who helped raise me will be dead very soon, and my step grandfather is having some serious heart problems. Grandparents dying is real sad, but if there over 75 it shouldnt be a big surprise, they've had their chance, and lived full lives.

I have had two close family members die within two months of each other and i don't mind getting kicked in my teeth, but you are never ever ready or expect someone to die. Never. Grand parents are like gods because they tell you the stories that they went through, help mold you, shape you, teach you to be outstanding in whatever it is that you do. I have never been ready to accept death or just accept death because someone is a certain age to die.  :-\
D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 03:33:16 PM »
thank johnny, hard part was my dad was not aware my uncles wanted him as a pallbearers and he couldnt be found at the start of mass, so they asked me to fill in, man caring your loved one to their final resting place can be emotional, wasnt a getbigger that day 

its okay man i broke down like a 5 year old kid crying when my friend died, dying is just too much to handle nothing comes close
A

newmom

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 03:34:00 PM »
yes enjoy all people you love and care about. My last living grandparent died 3 years ago. Seeing him slowly slipping was brutal but he had one last stroke, and we knew that was it. I was durable healthcare power of attorney. He only wanted to be on life support for 7 days. In the am, my father and I said okay it's time (quality vs. quantity, especially at 89). While he had many tubes in him I wouldn't allow my nugget near the hospital. So the life support was turned off. Funny, he opened his eyes, looked at me, I said go be with grandma, I love you and will do my best to make you proud. Grabbed my hand like the retired naval officer he was. I said I'm going to get ____(nuggets name). I went and got her and we pulled in the hospital and he was gone. :'( :'( :'(

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 03:34:16 PM »

True. If you've been fortunate enough to live past say 80, then you've had your chance and death is an integral part of life and there's no escaping it. We and perhaps a couple or generations to come are bound to die eventually. Some sooner than others. It sucks but in a way makes life worthwhile at the same time.
from incomplete data

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 03:36:48 PM »
In shock I have  read the kind responses. I expected the typical getbig posts.  I hope you find peace Doug and I know your prayers are heard because I have faith.  May he rest in peace and when you go I hope your grandson cares as much as you do now.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 03:39:10 PM »
I have had two close family members die within two months of each other and i don't mind getting kicked in my teeth, but you are never ever ready or expect someone to die. Never. Grand parents are like gods because they tell you the stories that they went through, help mold you, shape you, teach you to be outstanding in whatever it is that you do. I have never been ready to accept death or just accept death because someone is a certain age to die.  :-\

i can never accept dying nor could i even comprehend being ready for it . whenever ive let my mind wander into the realms of comprehending death it feels very negative and unnerving i never want to chose or let myself to feel like that.

i see my grandmothers once every few months i can tell they really miss me , and they always want to see me more and one of my grandmas is always telling me not to be with such and such girl and be single lol . But id hate to see them go if they did but they both seem kinda ready and maybe bored with life im not sure. i try not to get too deep talking with them i dont want to alter their outlook wich might be a bad thing
A

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 03:39:36 PM »

sorry to hear that dude.

grampas and grandmas are the coolest. they never judge you and are always so happy to see you. i miss mine a lot.
b