Author Topic: Why don't the Mr. Getbig competitors...  (Read 8077 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Why don't the Mr. Getbig competitors...
« on: September 23, 2007, 04:57:56 PM »
post some preview pics or something to keep us up to date  ???
follow the arrows

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Why don't the Mr. Getbig competitors...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 05:17:39 PM »
Theres only like 3 of them.  :-\
E

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 05:33:12 PM »

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 05:36:27 PM »
WTF! There's quite a bit of money involved, what do you do to get these lazy buchtoothjackasses to compete?  :-\ If I was 5-10 lbs bigger w/ more symmetry I would definitely compete on here..
follow the arrows

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 05:40:42 PM »
WTF! There's quite a bit of money involved, what do you do to get these lazy buchtoothjackasses to compete?  :-\ If I was 5-10 lbs bigger w/ more symmetry I would definitely compete on here..

There wasn't money until recently. Plenty of people signed up, but they are not men of their words. 240, CQ and MS did a hell of a job with this thing, I hope they don't get disrespected by too many of the original competitors.
E

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 05:45:13 PM »
I thought 240 was competing as well, and I don't see his name on the confirmed competitors list. He can be excused though, since he's invovled in planning the whole thing. There was a lot of talk right after the mr getbig last yr abt the upcoming one, but everyone seems to have disappeared by the end  ??? Apparently TA is in his "best condition ever" and I dont see him competing either, to reclaim what he thought was his (BWAAHAHAHAHAHAH, but that's besides the point  ;D)
follow the arrows

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 05:52:37 PM »
I thought 240 was competing as well, and I don't see his name on the confirmed competitors list. He can be excused though, since he's invovled in planning the whole thing. There was a lot of talk right after the mr getbig last yr abt the upcoming one, but everyone seems to have disappeared by the end  ??? Apparently TA is in his "best condition ever" and I dont see him competing either, to reclaim what he thought was his (BWAAHAHAHAHAHAH, but that's besides the point  ;D)

240 is in. Also, they closed the competition but decided to let last years competitors back in. ::) Rumor has it TA is going to enter at the last minute and MS knows all about this. If this is true the contest is rigged. If I am wrong, I apologize. But to change the rules for 5 guys is the stupidest thing I have ever heard, either they want to enter or not.
E

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 05:57:18 PM »
240 is in. Also, they closed the competition but decided to let last years competitors back in. ::)
huh?
Rumor has it TA is going to enter at the last minute and MS knows all about this. If this is true the contest is rigged. If I am wrong, I apologize. But to change the rules for 5 guys is the stupidest thing I have ever heard, either they want to enter or not.
who are the 5 guys you speak of? Maybe it is confirmed that adonis is competing, just that they haven't made it public yet to "shock" everyone.
follow the arrows

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 06:00:03 PM »
huh?who are the 5 guys you speak of? Maybe it is confirmed that adonis is competing, just that they haven't made it public yet to "shock" everyone.

They closed the competition to new competitors after the money was announced. Then the next day they announced that last years contestants were invited back anyway. I happen to be old school, back when rules were rules and you don't fuck around, especially when it comes to 5 thousand dollars. Also, 240 is competing, he confirmed last week.
E

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 06:07:07 PM »
Definitely not fair for the other competitors but then if u think abt it, the money wasnt announced till very recetly, so last years competitors who want a shot at it are likely to not be able to get in shape for it. Unless ofcourse they have been dieting for the mr getbig prior to the extra cash announcement. Still puzzles me as to how they manage to change the rules at the last minute. Maybe under pressure of the sponsors?
follow the arrows

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 06:08:39 PM »
Out of the guys I have confirmed, 4 have pics up on varied boards [that I know of]

My 'guesstimation' is we will end up with say 6 - 10 guys or so. I highly doubt more than that, not for lack of me trying...trust me.

Unless I am totally in the dark here guys, TA is not planning to enter at the last minute, but possibly someone else is....

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 06:09:06 PM »
Definitely not fair for the other competitors but then if u think abt it, the money wasnt announced till very recetly, so last years competitors who want a shot at it are likely to not be able to get in shape for it. Unless ofcourse they have been dieting for the mr getbig prior to the extra cash announcement. Still puzzles me as to how they manage to change the rules at the last minute. Maybe under pressure of the sponsors?

Nah, I know the sponsor, there is no pressure. One of the organizers just likes changing rules I guess. Like I said I am old school, to me rules are rules.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 06:10:54 PM »
Out of the guys I have confirmed, 4 have pics up on varied boards [that I know of]

My 'guesstimation' is we will end up with say 6 - 10 guys or so. I highly doubt more than that, not for lack of me trying...trust me.

Unless I am totally in the dark here guys, TA is not planning to enter at the last minute, but possibly someone else is....

Yep I heard about that entrant too. Not sure I would have showed favoritism to anyone personally. Make them sign up like everyone else I say.
E

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 06:13:17 PM »

Hi CQ! ;D
I think we should make a thread with pics of all the competitors, this will build up more hype and excitement for the mr getbig, and most of all- awareness of the contest. What do you have to say about Danny's complaint that the rules are being changed at the last minute?

Mindspin is IN!  :o
follow the arrows

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 06:26:00 PM »
Hi CQ! ;D
I think we should make a thread with pics of all the competitors, this will build up more hype and excitement for the mr getbig, and most of all- awareness of the contest. What do you have to say about Danny's complaint that the rules are being changed at the last minute?
Mindspin is IN!  :o

1] Mindspin is out ;D

2] Thread go for it I say. I did consider it, but I wasn't sure if some of the guys in would like that or not, as it is kind of a preview while not in best form  so I personally hesitated.

3] Complaint - well to be honest I am getting hit with every complaint in the book, posted and via pm hard and heavy so basically I give up. Some are pissed the entries are shut, some are not......you can't please everyone. I have spent hours stalking the judges for bios, obtaining pics of them, pm'ing the entrants, writing the website text, answering questions, even making calls to MS running up my phone bill etc. I have tried to do a decent job trust me, which is all I can really do.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 06:27:38 PM »
i am competing.

i have a couple of preview pics up...

but ill take some more tomorrow after my workout.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 06:28:29 PM »
Thanks for the reply CQ :) Screw the haters  ;)

No offence Danny boy  ;D
follow the arrows

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 06:29:34 PM »
1] Mindspin is out ;D

2] Thread go for it I say. I did consider it, but I wasn't sure if some of the guys in would like that or not, as it is kind of a preview while not in best form  so I personally hesitated.

3] Complaint - well to be honest I am getting hit with every complaint in the book, posted and via pm hard and heavy so basically I give up. Some are pissed the entries are shut, some are not......you can't please everyone. I have spent hours stalking the judges for bios, obtaining pics of them, pm'ing the entrants, writing the website text, answering questions, even making calls to MS running up my phone bill etc. I have tried to do a decent job trust me, which is all I can really do.

You are doing great. Only thing I think is that once a rule is a rule, it stays. No flip flopping. But thats not you anyway.
E

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 06:32:24 PM »
1] Mindspin is out ;D

As long as people get their pics in on time, it makes no sense to prevent people from entering after a certain date.

It makes more sense to just say that whoever has 100 posts on _/_/_ can enter. 

And that those who signed up but fail to compete will be penalized by losing posting privileges for three weeks after the results are posted.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 06:34:19 PM »
As long as people get their pics in on time, it makes no sense to prevent people from entering after a certain date.

And that those who signed up but fail to compete will be penalized by losing posting privileges for three weeks after the results are posted.

They cut off all new competitors except for 5. Out of the thousands of people who may want to enter, they are letting 5 still enter :)
E

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 06:36:54 PM »

AGREED!

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 06:37:31 PM »
They cut off all new competitors except for 5. Out of the thousands of people who may want to enter, they are letting 5 still enter :)

makes no sense . . . as long as somebody has enough posts to be a "getbigger," the only reasonable deadline is the one dictating when the pictures are submitted.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2007, 06:39:23 PM »
makes no sense . . . as long as somebody has enough posts to be a "getbigger," the only reasonable deadline is the one dictating when the pictures are submitted.

You are absolutely correct. It is becoming obvious that the fix is in.
E

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2007, 06:44:16 PM »

This is why I say we can't please everyone, people have all sorts of conflicting views.

No matter what call has been made with all contest aspects, people are posting and pm'ing me for and againest it.

I am totally in a no-win situation here....

I know I am in meltdown mode here[;D] but IMO we've done kinda well, $5,000 cash prize money, solid judges list/info, website will be great with pic drag/drop comparison feature etc.....so not that this will happen but let's not forget the positives.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 06:47:09 PM »
This is why I say we can't please everyone, people have all sorts of conflicting views.

No matter what call has been made with all contest aspects, people are posting and pm'ing me for and againest it.

I am totally in a no-win situation here....

I know I am in meltdown mode here[;D] but IMO we've done kinda well, $5,000 cash prize money, solid judges list/info, website will be great with pic drag/drop comparison feature etc.....so not that this will happen but let's not forget the positives.

i agree that predictability (as embodied by an an entry deadline) is a virtue . . . it makes things more stable.

but if it's already been amended once, it doesn't do much for ensuring stability.