Author Topic: Ok, Getbiggers....Was I Right Or Wrong On This??????  (Read 8796 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Ok, Getbiggers....Was I Right Or Wrong On This??????
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2018, 03:42:18 PM »
Vince, I’d love to share a croissant with you.
X

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2018, 04:05:40 PM »

And me please...

(Now why has this tune started going round in my head?  ;D)

Ps - good advices to the owner BTW
T

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2018, 04:27:05 PM »
Still gay...so never right

Bench

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2018, 05:03:05 PM »
And me please...

(Now why has this tune started going round in my head?  ;D)

Ps - good advices to the owner BTW

;D ;D ;D

Taffin and Vince.

X

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2018, 05:53:34 PM »
I dont think you were wrong at all. That's very good advice. White people don't understand how insulting it can be to offer handouts. Oh sure alot of cretins will gobble up free shit but those aren't the people you want to attract to your business. I think you summed up the situation really well. Well said.

???  Not gonna comment on the rest, but Whole foods gives out samples every saturday, trader joe's gives out free samples every day and they have the type of clientele a restaurant like that is probably trying to go after. I live in nyc and upper end, newer places are always giving out free samples in front of their stores. It's an effective way of converting  browsers into customers.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2018, 08:23:40 AM »
I don't think "offering handouts" aka giving samples could (nor should) be considered a form of insult.  If anything, it's a sign of respect, as a way of soliciting an opinion.

it CAN be respectful in most cases. In certain contexts its insulting. Trust me on this. You walk into costco and everyone gets to sample all the free shit they want = not insulting. Cafe owner of Yuppie Bistro says "I want more Black people to frequent my business so Ill give out free samples = could be insulting.... Asking the only black family at an all white school if they want to sign up for the free lunch program = insulting.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2018, 08:59:58 AM »
Did he slobber on your kielbasa after?

they tried to, but his mouth couldn't open wide enough.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2018, 09:09:55 AM »

I guess he prefers to share a different object with you

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2018, 10:12:59 AM »
I guess he prefers to share a different object with you
fried kielbasa with the slightest hint of oregano and honey bbq sauce is on the menu?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2018, 10:17:19 AM »
fried kielbasa with the slightest hint of oregano and honey bbq sauce is on the menu?

Nuffin gay about that :D

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2018, 12:01:37 PM »
Vince is a gentleman and a hero

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2018, 12:22:22 PM »

Hope you get to cruise with him in a pink Jaguar one day. Dreams do come true.  :)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2018, 01:31:25 PM »
Hope you get to cruise with him in a pink Jaguar one day. Dreams do come true.  :)

Would love to be the paint on that Jaguar

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2018, 01:44:51 PM »

Think SF1900 will have that honour before anyone else, the rest of us will just have to wait our turn

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2018, 02:08:35 PM »
On Sundays, I usually have brunch and one of my favorite places is a little French Bistro & Coffee Shop called Cafe Du Vour in Downtown Greenville, SC.   The last time I was there, I was chatting with one of the waiters and he was telling me about the owner was attempting to reach out to the urban market, passing out free samples, and looking into some urban programs which I didn't pay no mind.   Well, I go in there today and actually ran into the owner and while I was waiting on my food, he asked me about ways to make things better.   I was a bit hesitant at first but I decided to tell him the jruth.  I explained to him that he shouldn't be handing out free food as it only attracts vagrants but also bluntly told him not to attempt to bring in the urban crowd or acquiesce to any social programs like Starbucks had done to which his eye went as wide to silver dollars as I don't believe he expected to get an answer like that.   I explained to him that unless he wants to go and sell BBQ sandwiches and moon pies instead of crepes, that he should stick to people who enjoy French cuisine and come into his doors with the intention of paying for their food.   I also told him that the minute he starts kissing the asses of black activists or political organizations, that he would invite other ones like vegans who would boycott his store because he uses eggs and that it would only end with him going out of business.   I finally explained to put his money advertising at art galleries, bookstores, and theaters.   He thanked me for my opinion and said that it gave him new light on what he should do.

Opinions????

You gave the restaurateur good advice.

It is not uncommon for restaurants, grocery stores, bakeries and other businesses like Costco to offer free samples, but they offer them to everyone and they are usually just small samples, not a full serving.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2018, 02:42:33 PM »
You gave the restaurateur good advice.

It is not uncommon for restaurants, grocery stores, bakeries and other businesses like Costco to offer free samples, but they offer them to everyone and they are usually just small samples, not a full serving.

Where does op say that the free samples were full servings?  It seems unlikely that there was a blacks only policy for the samples. Maybe he'll clarify.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2018, 07:25:58 PM »

Opinions????

Ok, if you're sure.  At most the guy was looking for "Some creme fraiche would be great with this."  Instead you launch into this bizarre 'I'm not one of those blacks, you know' philippic, while calling cafe food cuisine.  Just cringetastic.  That poor man had to stand there politely and endure you cluelessly parading your insecurities up and down the joint.  Honestly, if you're going to try that hard then just start wearing a cravat and a pocket watch.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2018, 07:57:16 PM »
Ok, if you're sure.  At most the guy was looking for "Some creme fraiche would be great with this."  Instead you launch into this bizarre 'I'm not one of those blacks, you know' philippic, while calling cafe food cuisine.  Just cringetastic.  That poor man had to stand there politely and endure you cluelessly parading your insecurities up and down the joint.  Honestly, if you're going to try that hard then just start wearing a cravat and a pocket watch.

Holy shit.  LMFAO.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2018, 07:57:24 PM »
He needs a  lobster tank out front and one of them stand up arcade machines. Customer is always right.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2018, 02:07:57 AM »
Lol @ the owner of some French "Bistro" asking the opinion of some obese negro who calls himself a "master fitness trainer & sports nutritionist" on how to improve his eating establishment.

... not to mention, one who "does brunch".

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2018, 10:04:57 PM »
Lol @ the owner of some French "Bistro" asking the opinion of some obese negro who calls himself a "master fitness trainer & sports nutritionist" on how to improve his eating establishment.

... not to mention, one who "does brunch".

Mind your own business....its not like you can afford to eat at a French restaurant you dizzy mother fucker
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2018, 08:59:30 AM »
Where does op say that the free samples were full servings?  It seems unlikely that there was a blacks only policy for the samples. Maybe he'll clarify.

He didn't. Maybe samples encourages vagrants, but I doubt it.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2018, 09:02:13 AM »

and looks like mr olympia

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2018, 10:07:26 AM »
Ok, if you're sure.  At most the guy was looking for "Some creme fraiche would be great with this."  Instead you launch into this bizarre 'I'm not one of those blacks, you know' philippic, while calling cafe food cuisine.  Just cringetastic.  That poor man had to stand there politely and endure you cluelessly parading your insecurities up and down the joint.  Honestly, if you're going to try hard then just start wearing a cravat and a pocket watch.  

Obviously, reading isn't your strong point.  I was eating when I was ASKED FOR MY OPINION, you shaved monkey which means I'm entitled to give an opinion. This had nothing to do with blacks or any race but a matter of attempting to attract an audience who would rather get candy bars, hot peanuts, and lottery tickets than to have French cuisine. 
A

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2018, 11:03:50 AM »

Mind your own business....its not like you can afford to eat at a French restaurant you dizzy mother fucker

That's right, I eat cheeseburgers, rare, with bbq sauce, like a real man. Usually with onion rings.

"French bistro" hahaha.... Especially where you live? Hahaha you got a better chance finding good sushi in Montana.