Author Topic: Ok, Getbiggers....Was I Right Or Wrong On This??????  (Read 8744 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Ok, Getbiggers....Was I Right Or Wrong On This??????
« on: June 24, 2018, 01:07:24 PM »
On Sundays, I usually have brunch and one of my favorite places is a little French Bistro & Coffee Shop called Cafe Du Vour in Downtown Greenville, SC.   The last time I was there, I was chatting with one of the waiters and he was telling me about the owner was attempting to reach out to the urban market, passing out free samples, and looking into some urban programs which I didn't pay no mind.   Well, I go in there today and actually ran into the owner and while I was waiting on my food, he asked me about ways to make things better.   I was a bit hesitant at first but I decided to tell him the jruth.  I explained to him that he shouldn't be handing out free food as it only attracts vagrants but also bluntly told him not to attempt to bring in the urban crowd or acquiesce to any social programs like Starbucks had done to which his eye went as wide to silver dollars as I don't believe he expected to get an answer like that.   I explained to him that unless he wants to go and sell BBQ sandwiches and moon pies instead of crepes, that he should stick to people who enjoy French cuisine and come into his doors with the intention of paying for their food.   I also told him that the minute he starts kissing the asses of black activists or political organizations, that he would invite other ones like vegans who would boycott his store because he uses eggs and that it would only end with him going out of business.   I finally explained to put his money advertising at art galleries, bookstores, and theaters.   He thanked me for my opinion and said that it gave him new light on what he should do.

Opinions????
A

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
Re: Ok, Getbiggers....Was I Right Or Wrong On This??????
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 01:11:04 PM »
On Sundays, I usually have brunch and one of my favorite places is a little French Bistro & Coffee Shop called Cafe Du Vour in Downtown Greenville, SC.   The last time I was there, I was chatting with one of the waiters and he was telling me about the owner was attempting to reach out to the urban market, passing out free samples, and looking into some urban programs which I didn't pay no mind.   Well, I go in there today and actually ran into the owner and while I was waiting on my food, he asked me about ways to make things better.   I was a bit hesitant at first but I decided to tell him the jruth.  I explained to him that he shouldn't be handing out free food as it only attracts vagrants but also bluntly told him not to attempt to bring in the urban crowd or acquiesce to any social programs like Starbucks had done to which his eye went as wide to silver dollars as I don't believe he expected to get an answer like that.   I explained to him that unless he wants to go and sell BBQ sandwiches and moon pies instead of crepes, that he should stick to people who enjoy French cuisine and come into his doors with the intention of paying for their food.   I also told him that the minute he starts kissing the asses of black activists or political organizations, that he would invite other ones like vegans who would boycott his store because he uses eggs and that it would only end with him going out of business.   I finally explained to put his money advertising at art galleries, bookstores, and theaters.   He thanked me for my opinion and said that it gave him new light on what he should do.

Opinions????

Well, I think in the very least Ron should award you an extra star
"

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 01:20:29 PM »
Business owners in your community have no idea what a valuable resource you are.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 01:25:35 PM »
Did he slobber on your kielbasa after?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 01:25:54 PM »
Melvin Goodrum, doing the gods work for Cafés in not only South Carolina, but also the world!

First, he takes Manhattan. THEN HE TAKES BERLIN!

Café Team Kielbasa
Q

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 01:27:50 PM »

Opinions????

I dont think you were wrong at all. That's very good advice. White people don't understand how insulting it can be to offer handouts. Oh sure alot of cretins will gobble up free shit but those aren't the people you want to attract to your business. I think you summed up the situation really well. Well said.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 01:38:52 PM »
Sound advice. If you frequent the business and want it to continue, sometimes you need to tell the owner/GM/chef what you think, even if it may hurt some feelings. I do it at places I like to go, if they have an off food night or something. I do always pay for the meal even if I don't care for it.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 01:59:37 PM »
so his business isnt doing so good, you tell him to keep doing what he's doing.

yeah great help.

Redux

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 02:01:21 PM »
You offered him very solid business advice.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 02:11:47 PM »
so his business isnt doing so good, you tell him to keep doing what he's doing.

yeah great help.

His business is doing awesome.  Its great French cuisine at pretty affordable prices, great environment, and they only use Counter Culture Coffee.   Place is usually full.  Its a very nice establishment.

A

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 02:13:58 PM »
if he's doing awesome he should keep doing what he's doing.

why would he need or take the advice from any customer?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2018, 02:16:59 PM »
if he's doing awesome he should keep doing what he's doing.

why would he need or take the advice from any customer?

::)

Really???  Do I need to answer that???...lol
A

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2018, 02:20:27 PM »
Solid advice from my point of view.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2018, 02:32:09 PM »
looking at the pictures you've posted of the establishment, i'd guess when he said reach to the "urban" crowd he probably meant targeting young black professionals . probably an attempt to make the place appear more trendy and hip.

i'm sure there must be places that attract that sort of crowd that aren't overrun by vagrants and bums. 

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2018, 02:34:52 PM »

::)

Really???  Do I need to answer that???...lol

please do

why would anyone ask any random customer for advice on running a business?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 02:40:34 PM »
please do

why would anyone ask any random customer for advice on running a business?

There's no such thing as a "random customer" first off.  A business owner would be an idiot not to ask his patrons on how to improve his business.   It doesn't mean he or she needs to take my advice....including mine.
A

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2018, 02:44:18 PM »
There's no such thing as a "random customer" first off.  A business owner would be an idiot not to ask his patrons on how to improve his business.   It doesn't mean he or she needs to take my advice....including mine.

no it's the other way around, asking people without experience/knowledge for advice would make him an idiot.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2018, 02:45:34 PM »

Vince what advice did you take from Getbig/customers in regards to improving caliber fitness?

Thanks

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2018, 02:59:48 PM »
no it's the other way around, asking people without experience/knowledge for advice would make him an idiot.

Then why do you think there is such things as comment cards? Lolz

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2018, 03:01:11 PM »
I dont think you were wrong at all. That's very good advice. White people don't understand how insulting it can be to offer handouts. Oh sure alot of cretins will gobble up free shit but those aren't the people you want to attract to your business. I think you summed up the situation really well. Well said.

I don't think "offering handouts" aka giving samples could (nor should) be considered a form of insult.  If anything, it's a sign of respect, as a way of soliciting an opinion.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2018, 03:03:14 PM »

surely there's a difference in customers saying they were happy with their service today and asking for advice on how to spend advertising dollars.

otherwise, you would never need professional advice on anything - just ask any random moron on the street, which i suppose, is what you believe. "lolz"

its really simple

either you understand what im saying and know im right, or youre an idiot.

this is not really debatable.

if you really, really, deep down, think successful business owners ask the barfly for advice on how to improve their bar, then youre an idiot.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2018, 03:05:01 PM »

ratherbebig is somewhat ok but he seems to not know much about customer service.  In any event, I was asked and I answered.  Its his business and he can simply dismiss the information I've given and I'll still continue to have my brunch at the establishment because its a great place to eat and I don't have any control of his personal or business affairs   
A

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2018, 03:10:03 PM »
surely there's a difference in customers saying they were happy with their service today and asking for advice on how to spend advertising dollars.

otherwise, you would never need professional advice on anything - just ask any random moron on the street, which i suppose, is what you believe. "lolz"

its really simple

if you really, really, deep down, think successful business owners ask the barfly for advice on how to improve their bar, then youre an idiot.

Probably comes down to the individual person, from either side or both.  Then it's potentially a slippery slope, because it means the possibility of "ignored" advice - requiring explanation to make it 100% right between the two individuals.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2018, 03:13:07 PM »
All jokes aside,  you should have gave him tips on how to market to the gay community. 2 disposable incomes and most gays usually have good jobs.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2018, 03:38:08 PM »

its really simple

I'm not an idiot, and you're poor.