Author Topic: stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success  (Read 40066 times)

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
Re: stimulate, dont annihilate!!! key to training success
« Reply #300 on: February 16, 2011, 06:41:00 PM »
Settle down Turk!

Chaos all bullshit aside, I know an awesome facial plastic surgeon who might be able to help that CONE of yours… no bullshit bro, I’d be happy to give you a referral.  ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #301 on: February 16, 2011, 06:41:54 PM »
Penis- you are taking all of this WAY too seriously dude. I am concerned for you. Your blood pressure is probably through the roof right now! Have you taken your lisinopril today?! HCTZ? Let me know if your need a refill... lol jk

I think you are coming on to me?! First you call me an illiterate guy and now you want pics of me?!

I never claimed to be an "authority" at all... I simply was responding to your RETARDED (yes I said it, RETARDED) post about cancer and what not. Maybe stick to Engineering?

My patients LOVE me (most of them) because I am as real as it gets. I don’t bullshit or beat around the bush, I let them know exactly what I think, what I can do for them, what I can’t do for them… All of their options- not just surgical but chemo, rads, hospice etc and spend a hell of a lot more time at the bedside than MOST surgeons care to do.

And truthfully, all BS aside I dont think my life or degrees "trump" yours at all... simply a different career path.

Where did I call you illiterate? I believe it was you that made that implication. And I can assure you my blood pressure is well within specs and living on beach front property here in Hawaii I'm am living a much less stressful life that you. It shows by how you immediately resorted to insults.  

My initial point that you considered retarded was that if we weren't biological identical the field of medicine would not exist. The general principles apply to everybody and it is only specifics that vary. We are even similar enough to pigs and mice that make medical experiments meaningful.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: February 16, 2011, 06:43:21 PM »
LOL Racist racist... It really eats you up doesn't it?! I love guys like you... You are my motivation!!!

I'm an Octoroon, my brotha. Yo!

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #303 on: February 16, 2011, 06:43:41 PM »
Not true. I am arguing that inducing DOMS in a target muscle using many maximum sets of about 10 to 15 reps will cause rapid hypertrophy if sustained over several weeks. This should be true for everyone who tries it as long as they are heavier in bodyweight each training day. Rapid strength increases will be a concomitant of this approach. This isn't guesswork but a fact. Some exercise scientists have supported what I propose and when that research was released that DOMS indicates remodelling and growth many forum experts were sceptical and still rejected it. Yes, who wants to abandon what they believe especially when they think they are experts in bodybuilding?

A true test is training arms or calves because they can easily be measured to see if progress is occurring. Inflammation is part of the size increases but over a period of weeks genuine hypertrophy occurs because the strength increases almost exponentially. Avoiding injuries is a requirement for such endeavours and proper exercise selection and form is paramount.

i agree with vince, now that he has put forward an idea, instead of just telling everyone else's were wrong.

i have switched to a very rep driven program that involves static holds and partials, all to failure.

this is what one set looks like (well use barbell curls as an example)

5 reps with olympic bar and 15 a side. hold at top of 5th rep for 10 count. at end of 10 count 5 more reps. hold for 10 count. at end of 10 count 5 more reps. now 15 partials in middle range of motion where i tend to feel it best in my bicep.

there is constant tension on the muscle the start of the set to the end of the partials. you arm bicep is on fire and swollen at the end of one set. by the time your session is over you cant curl your arm up to take the earbuds from your ipod out of your ear. i do 3 sets of 4 exercises like this, super-setting with triceps in the same manner. the whole workout takes a little over an hour with no rest set to set. in comparison to my last program i am doing 10x the number of reps per workout. it isnt about the weight being used- its focusing on the muscle working and making sure it is totally and completely wiped out when you leave that gym.

for the first 4 weeks i grew like mad, despite dieting. now im in my 5th week i am only now starting to see a diminishing return on this program- it worked awesome for the first month, and now it has taken its toll on my body. i have slept well over 16 hours today as my body is pretty fatigued. it has brought my arms up considerably, and i try to train them at least twice a week. i'll keep training like this until my gains stop, but as long as im getting the proper rest, nutrients and supps, i cant see it happening anytime soon.

b

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: February 16, 2011, 06:45:18 PM »
I have no dog in this fight but you kinda sound full of shit.

You would be the FIRST surgeon.....black, white or purple.... to hang around here and talk about eating chick's assholes....not buying it

My initial thought as well. But it's even worse if it's true. Shows how low the medical profession has sunk.

Obama care for everyone! All at no cost to you! Believe it!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: February 16, 2011, 06:46:31 PM »

Yep and as usual the BLACK MAN is winning... Bring it WHITE DEVILS!!!  ;D

Oh brother. Now you are just sounding pathetic.

Board certified surgeon, eh? Um, OK>

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #306 on: February 16, 2011, 06:47:18 PM »
Groink, have you ever met ANY surgeon before? You can believe whatever you want, but I can bet you that 9 out of 10 surgeons you will ever meet are the most foul-mouthed, perverted, cocky, womanizing, impatient assholes you will EVER met. Find someone you know who has spent time in an operating room and ask them about how the surgeons are… then read my posts and then tell me your thoughts lol People have this belief that the operating room is this quiet place where a mouse could fart and you would hear it... In reality- the music is blasting, we are shooting the shit about what we did over the weekend, we are flirting with the nurses and med students... etc.

Either way, you have the right to your opinion.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #307 on: February 16, 2011, 06:48:54 PM »
Groink, have you ever met ANY surgeon before? You can believe whatever you want, but I can bet you that 9 out of 10 surgeons you will ever meet are the most foul-mouthed, perverted, cocky, womanizing, impatient assholes you will EVER met. Find someone you know who has spent time in an operating room and ask them about how the surgeons are… then read my posts and then tell me your thoughts lol People have this belief that the operating room is this quiet place where a mouse could fart and you would hear it... In reality- the music is blasting, we are shooting the shit about what we did over the weekend, we are flirting with the nurses and med students... etc.

Yes....i had my penis reduced a while back, it was a chick and she kept asking me if "i was sure"  :D

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: February 16, 2011, 06:49:03 PM »

Maybe in Texas and that's just sad. Props for elevating and instilling confidence in your profession. BTW, I do know a surgeon. Nothing like you. Class act all the way.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: February 16, 2011, 06:51:08 PM »
Never said my life wasn't stressful!! But it's not too bad at the moment... Yes generall principles apply to everyone, wow you are a genius... the specifics are EVERYTHING dude... again, please stick to speaking about topics you know about... Like beach front property in Hawaii, engineering, and being a homo.

You're losing it. Type to turn up the rap, gangsta. And make sure you roll the windows down so everyone can hate you more.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: February 16, 2011, 06:52:21 PM »
Yes....i had my penis reduced a while back, it was a chick and she kept asking me if "i was sure"  :D

LOL!

Why is whitey always trying to keep a brotha down?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: February 16, 2011, 06:57:04 PM »
ut ut ut... now you are slinging insults too... blood pressure Penis... better keep an eye on it!!

Instead of basking in the glory of beach-front property in Hawaii you are on here talking shit to someone who you don't believe is a real physician... so, maybe you need to re-evaluate things homie.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #312 on: February 16, 2011, 06:57:34 PM »
You're losing it. Type to turn up the rap, gangsta. And make sure you roll the windows down so everyone can hate you more.

Man it reallllllly eats you up inside, doesn't it?! WOW... I actually feel really bad for you.

Beach front property in Hawaii and you'd rather hang out on getbig and talk shit to me... LOL

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #313 on: February 16, 2011, 06:59:20 PM »

Proctologist is sort of an antiquated term… but I'm glad that you are googling pics for me!

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #314 on: February 16, 2011, 07:01:41 PM »
I'm going to sleep soon, so speak now or forever hold your peace my little racist white love bugs lol  :-*

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: February 16, 2011, 07:02:38 PM »
but I'm glad that you are googling pics for me!
Epic cry for attention.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #316 on: February 16, 2011, 07:05:17 PM »
Epic cry for attention.

no need to cry for it, you give me plenty on your own bro!! Any more black jokes for this evening? How about one about Fried Chicken, Grape Soda and Watermelon?!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #317 on: February 16, 2011, 07:06:07 PM »
I congratulate anyone with a medical degree. Science degree from a recognized university is impressive, too. No one should be dismissed or challenged with those credentials. That doesn't make them experts in hypertrophy but they should be able to participate in an appropriate fashion and contribute now and then.

Pellius made some layman comments about physiology that sounded okay. A doctor might and did take exception to what was said. However, when correcting someone I expect an educated person to proceed in a civil fashion without attacking people. Kill the argument or false notion but leave personalities out of it. Shame on you guys.

No one, the poster, suggested that intense hypertrophy training works for about a month then gains diminish. I have not done DOMS training for more than 4 weeks. I did arms and calves but my exercise execution wasn't the best and I ended up damaging my elbows and Achilles tendon. I now know that you never put your elbows on pads because you can damage the delicate sheath connecting the triceps. Heel raises if done ballistically can cause damage if done regularly and intensely for a long time. Experience teaches us what NOT to do.

It well could be that 4 weeks of intense training should be followed by a break to let the receptors recover. Well, not sure exactly what happens in growing muscles but the same phenomenon has been reported by doctors involved with bodybuilders taking anabolic steroids. HST theory requires a recovery inactive phase to get the best results. Hypertrophy works for a short while the you need to rest. Train another bodypart when you do that.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: February 16, 2011, 07:08:34 PM »
ut ut ut... now you are slinging insults too... blood pressure Penis... better keep an eye on it!!

Instead of basking in the glory of beach-front property in Hawaii you are on here talking shit to someone who you don't believe is a real physician... so, maybe you need to re-evaluate things homie.

Where did I say I didn't believe you were a surgeon? The second you've accused me of calling you something that I didn't. And now that the insults are turned towards you -- insults that you began, doctor; you start crying like a little black bitch.

And I need to reevaluate (no need for a "-" but you're the educated literate one) things? A board certified surgeon on a crude bodybuilding board talking about eating out a White woman's ass.

OK.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: February 16, 2011, 07:12:23 PM »
Man it reallllllly eats you up inside, doesn't it?! WOW... I actually feel really bad for you.

Beach front property in Hawaii and you'd rather hang out on getbig and talk shit to me... LOL

I'm talking shit to a crude, disgraceful, pathetic, excuse for a doctor while looking out at China Man's hat. Perfect way to spend an evening.

What's your excuse, doctor?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: February 16, 2011, 07:18:36 PM »
I congratulate anyone with a medical degree. Science degree from a recognized university is impressive, too. No one should be dismissed or challenged with those credentials. That doesn't make them experts in hypertrophy but they should be able to participate in an appropriate fashion and contribute now and then.

Pellius made some layman comments about physiology that sounded okay. A doctor might and did take exception to what was said. However, when correcting someone I expect an educated person to proceed in a civil fashion without attacking people. Kill the argument or false notion but leave personalities out of it. Shame on you guys.

No one, the poster, suggested that intense hypertrophy training works for about a month then gains diminish. I have not done DOMS training for more than 4 weeks. I did arms and calves but my exercise execution wasn't the best and I ended up damaging my elbows and Achilles tendon. I now know that you never put your elbows on pads because you can damage the delicate sheath connecting the triceps. Heel raises if done ballistically can cause damage if done regularly and intensely for a long time. Experience teaches us what NOT to do.

It well could be that 4 weeks of intense training should be followed by a break to let the receptors recover. Well, not sure exactly what happens in growing muscles but the same phenomenon has been reported by doctors involved with bodybuilders taking anabolic steroids. HST theory requires a recovery inactive phase to get the best results. Hypertrophy works for a short while the you need to rest. Train another bodypart when you do that.

That was my only beef with this disgraceful doctor. I made a general statement and he could have simply pointed out why the analogy was wrong but instead resorted to insults.

It just goes to show that even high education (like wealth) is no guarantee that a person has class. And sure I sling mud with the best of them but only when provoke, especially gratuitously like this. Trying to have a serious and insightful discussion here is always ruined by low lives like this "doctor."

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: February 16, 2011, 07:22:52 PM »
LOL Civil fashion, on getbig? Be serious... Penis got all bent out of shape because I called him a moron, for posting moronic shit which he has no business posting about...

I love the "he's a surgeon, hed never post about eating a girls asshole" LOL Yes... all surgeons listen to classical music, sip tea and hang out at country clubs and only fuck their women missionary position. you guys are the best!!

Again where did I say "He'd never post..." I just find it disgraceful for someone in your profession. And, no not all board certified surgeons are civil and cultured. You're a prime example. You're a certified piece of shit.

Pray we never find out who you are and your real name. You'd be back to dealing Coke and eating out Black women's asses.

Pig!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #322 on: February 16, 2011, 07:24:30 PM »
no need to cry for it, you give me plenty on your own bro!! Any more black jokes for this evening? How about one about Fried Chicken, Grape Soda and Watermelon?!

I have one  :D

why are chimpanzees always frowning ??

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: February 16, 2011, 07:24:41 PM »
Crude, disgraceful, pathetic excuse for a doctor? Wow... if this wasn't coming from a dipshit internet expert on getbig.com, this might actually offend me.  ::)

It does. That's why you can't get to sleep.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: February 16, 2011, 07:27:09 PM »

LOL you are a REAL PUSSY. Have a good night!

"Serious and insightful discussion"... on a "crude bodybuilding board" you are clueless and beyond my help, please don't have children.

Yes and you are extremely classy calling me a nigguh and such...  ::)

You're slipping again. Not comprehending. I said I get down in the mud with the best of them but never start shit. You, piece of shit that you are, and the reason why you give your race such a bad name, started the insults. Everything about your kind just reeks of no class.