Author Topic: McDonald's is pure garbage.  (Read 69184 times)

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
Re: McDonald's is pure garbage.
« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2018, 10:47:06 AM »
I save a lot for sure, I saved even more when I was bartending in my 20's just on the fact that I was working on all the nights my friends were going to nightclubs spending money. Yes I invested $30,000 at the age of 25, I gave to my dad to invest in the market, he is heavily involved in and has knowledge about this world. He invested in stocks like Starbucks, WholeFoods, McDonalds, Coke, Bristol Meyers Squibb. This initial investment in 12 years ago is well over $100,000. Wife and kids will happen in the future dude, I'm not in a rush, just enjoying life, most likely I see it happening in my mid 40's early 50's. I think guys like Clooney and Stamos had a pretty good blueprint on how to go about life (in regards to relationships and marriage).

You are living a great life bro. Keep at it!

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #201 on: July 24, 2018, 11:24:34 AM »
MCD is great if you own the stock ...

yes. It really took off when they introduced the self serving electronic kiosks.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: July 24, 2018, 01:32:47 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: July 24, 2018, 01:44:58 PM »
Fake meat/Dead food eater.

Dead at 60.

Too late....I'm gonna be 74 next month. ;D  Who knows when I'll croak. Until I do, I'm gonna occasionally enjoy that one or half of one piece of bacon, with mystery cheese and a folded whole egg on a carbohydrate rich biscuit, accompanied by a grease laden hash-brown potato patty and a cup of java. Who knows maybe I say my final goodbyes while at the local McDonnald's. I'll be in good company, since it seems to be a senior hangout at breakfast time.  ;D ;D ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2018, 01:49:13 PM »
"Primemuscle" is Pellious' gimick account ???

He has much better abs than I do, so he can't be a gimmick.  ;)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2018, 02:37:46 PM »
Too late....I'm gonna be 74 next month. ;D  Who knows when I'll croak. Until I do, I'm gonna occasionally enjoy that one or half of one piece of bacon, with mystery cheese and a folded whole egg on a carbohydrate rich biscuit, accompanied by a grease laden hash-brown potato patty and a cup of java. Who knows maybe I say my final goodbyes while at the local McDonnald's. I'll be in good company, since it seems to be a senior hangout at breakfast time.  ;D ;D ;D

At least here in Hawaii, when you get your receipt and do their survey online or on your phone you get a buy one get one free QP with cheese. They've had this deal for years. So essentially you can get a free QP with cheese indefinitely as long as you do their survy. I use to do it until the $1 deals have been running for the last six months.

Anyway, there's this old couple that I see practically every time I go to McDonald's and that's what they do I'm sure. They get the two QPs, fill their water cups, and dine like they are on a date at some restaurant. When I look at them I think it's kind of touching and charming but, in another sense, I feel bad for them. I'm pretty sure they do this because that's all they can afford. I mean, I don't see too many 85-year-old grannies eating a QP with cheese. She barely eats half of it. And I'm sure the guy would rather have a bit more variety as well. I should hook them up with the app because the $1 deal applies to all their sandwiches and burgers except the Signature ones. The granny looks more like a Filet-O-Fish type. But I notice that he has a flip-top phone. Anyway, kind of sucks to be at that stage of life and scrapping it.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: July 24, 2018, 02:41:06 PM »
He has much better abs than I do, so he can't be a gimmick.  ;)

You should really just ignore these morons that see "gimmick" in everything. Remember BeingThere saw a Joon gimmick in everything. I mean, both of us have been here for years posting pic throughout those years, even pics of our houses. I never got this whole gimmick obsession that some have here. To read every post and try to figure out if it's someone else.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: July 24, 2018, 03:00:08 PM »
You should really just ignore these morons that see "gimmick" in everything. Remember BeingThere saw a Joon gimmick in everything. I mean, both of us have been here for years posting pic throughout those years, even pics of our houses. I never got this whole gimmick obsession that some have here. To read every post and try to figure out if it's someone else.

Here's my take; conspiracy theorists can and do make everything some type of conspiracy. Folks like Avasher and Joon lend credence to their gimmick obsessions. ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: July 24, 2018, 03:06:18 PM »
Here's my take; conspiracy theorists can and do make everything some type of conspiracy. Folks like Avasher and Joon lend credence to their gimmick obsessions. ;D

Josh never poses as someone else. He just has different accounts because whichever one he is using quickly gets banned. And I really doubt Joon is on this board anymore and even if he his he keeps a much lower profile so big deal if he is.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2018, 03:21:49 PM »
Josh never poses as someone else. He just has different accounts because whichever one he is using quickly gets banned. And I really doubt Joon is on this board anymore and even if he his he keeps a much lower profile so big deal if he is.

I don't believe Josh could disguise himself even if he wanted to. You have to give him credit for being persistent. He keeps trying to post in the face them getting rapidly shutdown. Joon was something else. I honestly believe he was/is extremely disturbed.  -Hope he's doing okay.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2018, 05:11:42 PM »
Hawaiians and Spam are like peas in a pod. Blacks and young people have a reputation for letting money 'burn a hole' in their pockets. -Wonder why this is so? I had no idea people from India were so thrifty. Don't you have tattoos and sport nice clothes? A person should enjoy some of their hard earned money.

Those people from India will save every nickel they can get and buy a Dunkin Donuts franchise.  After a couple years they'll buy another along with a dry cleaners.  Then a couple motels.  They'll end up millionaires.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2018, 05:50:46 PM »
Actually the FDA already deemed it unsafe and will be pulled soon.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2015/06/16/health/fda-trans-fat/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

That's an old article.  Since that time trans fats have been almost completely eliminated from foods in the USA.  Almost.

Canola oil comes in both partially-hydrogenated and non-hydrogenated forms.  Buy only the non-hydrogenated.

Better yet use extra virgin or virgin olive oil.  

Buy only non-hydrogenated peanut butter.  

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2018, 11:07:42 PM »
Oh boy, so this is what it's come to.

All of life is a matter of degrees. You can find data on anything and find why it's bad for you. Broccoli contains arsenic. Do we now have to avoid broccoli? In my mid-20s, when I was more hardcore, I went through a year where all I ate for protein was fish. Canned tuna, Ahi, Swordfish... whatever. Eventually, I started to feel like crap. Always sluggish and nauseous. Turns out I was getting mercury poisoning. So then I turned to Tilapia and read how most of that fish is raised in a virtual cesspool of feces. So is Goodrum slowly killing himself because he eats Ahi regularly?

Then there's the supposed problems with too many eggs. I read where fruit, because it's primarily fructose, needs to be limited. Doesn't everything have to be limited? Including food itself? Are health and safety the primary concern above all else? Are you telling me that the reason you work out so hard and push yourself to your limits, and beyond, in the gym is because you want to be more healthy? You wouldn't be just as healthy, if not more healthy, if you had a more moderate routine? No, you do what you do not because it's healthy but because you want to look better. You want to look jacked. You will compromise your health purely for vanity. That can demonstrably be proven.

The one thing that has been proven beyond a doubt that will extend a person's lifespan is to cut calories. That just eating considerable less will make you more healthy and increase lifespan. Do you do that? No, you force feed yourself. Stuff yourself eating far more than you need to because you want to get bigger because you believe it will make you look better. Even if it didn't extend your life, force-feeding always makes you feel like crap; and being bigger, having bigger muscles, is just an added burden to your heart. But you do it for looks. And then there's your steroid use and the sunbathing/tanning salon neither which is doing your body any favors. But you do it to improve your looks. Physical appearance is one of the main things that define yourself and your self-image and you will do what it takes, even compromise your health, to get the look you want. You want to look impressive and win trophies and medals because of how your body looks. I get it. Being a competitive physique competitor is a huge sacrifice. But spare me the google copy and paste about the evils of the canola oil, maybe a teaspoon's worth in a small order of fries, and how I will die from it.

Again, the proof is in the pudding. I have blood pressure readings, regular blood tests, body composition  
feedback.

I just got back from the gym and McDonald's. Although I do a full body workout I added some extra leg work today. Traffic was a bit congested and some bastard just cut right in front of me. But I'm home now and I'm pleasantly fatigued but my blood pressure is still on point; heart rate a tad high for me but still well within specs, and legs feel like rubber. After decades of eating McD's fries and nearly 60 years old, I'm still waiting for all those dire warnings you gave me to kick in.

very strong post brother

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: July 25, 2018, 02:47:00 AM »
BTW, I don't want to give the impression I'm some kind of McDs junkie. It's not my first choice. It just wins out mostly because it's convenient. I only go there twice a week when I go to the gym because it's right there. I can get in a quick meal post workout and then I'm refueled to run some errands. And, most importantly, I can take full advantage of the 30 minute anabolic window. If I run my errands and then go home and cook you're talking maybe two hours post workout. I'm sure we can all agree that at that stage I am in a dangerously catabolic state.

Anyway, I'm mostly a plate lunch guy and that's what I go for on the other days -- like today.

Chicken Katsu, rice, sliced cucumbers, potatoes and bbq sauce. Dead food at it's best.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: July 25, 2018, 02:48:38 AM »
BTW, I just ate half the rice. Not because of any dietary restrictions. I was just too full to eat anymore.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: July 25, 2018, 11:45:13 AM »
BTW, I just ate half the rice. Not because of any dietary restrictions. I was just too full to eat anymore.

This place is in Utah.  Best Hawaiian BBQ (esp. their teriyaki grilled chicken) that I know of.  And their macaroni salad is the best anywhere.

https://mobettahs.com/

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #216 on: July 25, 2018, 04:03:38 PM »

Decades ago I would go to Patti's Chinese Kitchen and woof down a King Plate or two.  Great food.  That and the Teriyaki stands that dotted the roadways of Oahu.  And the Manapua Trucks, can't forget them. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: July 25, 2018, 04:18:57 PM »
I like BK Whoppers but usually go to Wendy's if possible.

Frosty's are awesome.

I don't do this very often but if traveling would do so.

Don't go out to eat too often and when I do it's to a local diner.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #218 on: July 25, 2018, 04:28:58 PM »
BTW, I don't want to give the impression I'm some kind of McDs junkie. It's not my first choice. It just wins out mostly because it's convenient. I only go there twice a week when I go to the gym because it's right there. I can get in a quick meal post workout and then I'm refueled to run some errands. And, most importantly, I can take full advantage of the 30 minute anabolic window. If I run my errands and then go home and cook you're talking maybe two hours post workout. I'm sure we can all agree that at that stage I am in a dangerously catabolic state.

Anyway, I'm mostly a plate lunch guy and that's what I go for on the other days -- like today.

Chicken Katsu, rice, sliced cucumbers, potatoes and bbq sauce. Dead food at it's best.

Hell yeah, Chicken Katsu staple of Hawaiian grinds, as well as MocoLoco's, Poi, Poke, and Kahlua Pork.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: July 25, 2018, 06:14:03 PM »
anyone who has a six pack earned the right to McDonalds...

werewolf operative

« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2018, 07:31:13 PM »
anyone who has a six pack earned the right to McDonalds...

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2018, 11:27:05 PM »
Hell yeah, Chicken Katsu staple of Hawaiian grinds, as well as MocoLoco's, Poi, Poke, and Kahlua Pork.

You mean, Loco Moco, but that's a bit much for me. All that greasy beef and brown gravy does take it's toll on me and I feel pretty crappy eating that. I sometimes indulge when I'm really hungry but I have my limits.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #222 on: July 26, 2018, 09:25:56 AM »
You mean, Loco Moco, but that's a bit much for me. All that greasy beef and brown gravy does take it's toll on me and I feel pretty crappy eating that. I sometimes indulge when I'm really hungry but I have my limits.

You eat a couple McDonald's hamburgers & fries, but a Loco Moco is too much for you?  Odd stuff

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: July 26, 2018, 12:02:22 PM »
You eat a couple McDonald's hamburgers & fries, but a Loco Moco is too much for you?  Odd stuff

McD's

1/4 pounder with cheese
bacon mcdouble, without bun
small fries
total = 1060 calories, 59g fat, 57g protein, 75g carbs, 2120mg sodium

Loco Moco

1 rice
2 beef patties
2 eggs
1 gravy
total = 920 calories, 58g fat, 61g protein, 38g carbs, 1300mg sodium

The Loco Moco appears to be the healthier choice.  Plus, it doesn't taste like shit. 

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: July 26, 2018, 12:12:37 PM »
McD's

1/4 pounder with cheese
bacon mcdouble, without bun
small fries
total = 1060 calories, 59g fat, 57g protein, 75g carbs, 2120mg sodium

Loco Moco

1 rice
2 beef patties
2 eggs
1 gravy
total = 920 calories, 58g fat, 61g protein, 38g carbs, 1300mg sodium

The Loco Moco appears to be the healthier choice.  Plus, it doesn't taste like shit. 

Over here it's two scoops of rice and a scoop of macaroni salad.